Will Hot Toys make a Dark Shadows figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondheli

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I absolutely loved Dark Shadows. I realize it's not as mainstream as a lot of the other figures HT does, but they did do Sweeney Todd.
I would love to see a Dark Shadows figure.

They made Noland.
So why not? :lol"

I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet.
But id buy Barnabas.
I just like his look.heh

Why not? They made Edward Scissorhands, Sweeny Todd and Jack Sparrow. Bring on Barnabas Collins!

Tanked movie, not a chance.

So did The Spirit and Sucker Punch but we got figures from them. Also Sweeney Todd made LESS than Dark Shadows and we got a Figure of him. Depp Sells. And HT knows it. So I wouldnt doubt that we will see a Depp Barnabas in the future. ;)

GROSS World wide box office.
The Spirit -$19,781,879
Sucker Punch -$89,792,502

Sweeney Todd -$152,523,073
Dark Shadows -$191,334,000

I'm pretty sure Spirit and Sucker Punch were announced before the films released

Doesnt matter. Neither of those movies had Depp. Depp sells. Its as simple as that.

The fact that Sweeney Todd was on clearance at many places seems to say otherwise.

The fact that Hot Toys is dragging their feet on Ichabod, Lerner and Cannibal Jack v2 seems to say otherwise.

But hell, Dark Shadows figures are about as good an idea as MMA figures, so why the hell not? Hot Toys has stacks of money, they could stand to lose a few thousand dollars, they won't miss it.

The fact that Sweeney Todd was on clearance at many places seems to say otherwise.

The fact that Hot Toys is dragging their feet on Ichabod, Lerner and Cannibal Jack v2 seems to say otherwise.

But hell, Dark Shadows figures are about as good an idea as MMA figures, so why the hell not? Hot Toys has stacks of money, they could stand to lose a few thousand dollars, they won't miss it.

They are too busy with the hype train that is Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. Come this fall Im sure we will be seeing Ichabod (just in time for Halloween to set the mood). Cannibal Jack can sell at anytime. Lerner seems to have been scrapped along with the rest of Platoon.

I am not the least bit worried that we wont get Ichabod or Cannibal King 2.0. They are just too busy with other properties right now.

I'd love a Barnabas from Dark Shadows ong with the rest in Rzez's sig.

They are too busy with the hype train that is Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. Come this fall Im sure we will be seeing Ichabod (just in time for Halloween to set the mood). Cannibal Jack can sell at anytime. Lerner seems to have been scrapped along with the rest of Platoon.

I am not the least bit worried that we wont get Ichabod or Cannibal King 2.0. They are just too busy with other properties right now.
:goodpost:

Totally agree. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ichabod gets revealed in october and orderable during Spooktacular. Seems appropriate

The box office arguement basically says people will only buy merchandise because the film made alot of money, and if it didn't people wouldn't. Even though the film remains the same :cuckoo:

More a case of the BO reflecting interest. Predators didn't make much money, but the license had sold in the past and the fans seemed to like it.

I don't know about overseas, but in the US DS was widely panned, and one can question if the bloom is coming off Depp's rose. I don't blame them for proceding with caution.

Back