dri1's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dri1

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello Fello Freaks,

Newbie here but been lurking on this board for quite sometime now my main toy line of collection are Zoids (by TAKARA-Tomy) and Die-cast Robots (BANDAI, Max Factory, Aoshima, Yamato, Kotobukiya, Marmit, Konami, Banpresto & CMS).

I stopped collecting Zoids due to Takara-Tomy not releasing anymore-motorized model kits thus sold all of my exclusives/limited edition kits and Fuzor Zoids series. I only keep the New Japan (NJR) and Genesis Zoids (GZ) Zoids release.

Semi-retiring collecting the die-cast robots as BANDAI maker of SOC line not releasing much new robot compared before. BANDAI however are in full throttle releasing robots under SRC line and recently announced the DX line. Max Factory & CMS are over priced; Aoshima’s endless repaint plus it stop making chogokins; lastly already got what I want from Yamato, Kotobukiya, Marmit, Konami & Banpresto. For Year 2012 my only robot purchase are I-Gear PP03S Storm (Sunstorm) and PP03E Elegy (Dirge) which by the way for my Wife’s TF MP collection.

I put-off collecting the 1/6 scale dolls (action figure as some called them) before even though I have easy access with it when I am assigned in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia back in 2006. Only at the start of 2012 got interested with the 1/6 scale toy line when my wife and me bought Enterbay’s Mr. Bean….and sure this toy line is addicting! Currently acquired 16 out of 26 that I am backtracking. Here’s what I got:
-Enterbay Mr. Bean
-HT MMS 156 Captain America
-HT MMS 152 Superman
-HT MMS 146 Thor
-HT MMS 116 Tony Stark (Mech Test Ver)
-HT MMS 143 Spider-Man 3
-HT MMS 78 Iron Man Mark II
-HT MMS 78b Iron Man Mark II SS Excl
-HT MMS 110b Iron Man Mark III BD
-HT MMS 123 Iron Man Mark IV
-HT MMS 145 Iron Man Mark V
-HT MMS 120 War Machine
-HT MMS 117 T2: T800
-HT MMS 138 Barney Ross
-HT MMS 67 Batman OC
-HT MMS 71 Batman TDK

Though I am OK without the 4 (Wolverine, King Leonidas, Hellboy & Blade) due to insane after-market price the sellers are asking.
Anyway, hope I didn’t bored you guys of my long toy collecting introduction below our Display Cabinets that houses our collections.

Chogokin cabinet construction back in Oct 2008:
DSC08537.jpg

DSC08538.jpg

DSC08541-1.jpg

DSC08540.jpg

More pics on next post....

Looking good so far. I'm in the market for cabinets. The best I found so far are actually trophy cases. Are those cabinets custom?

Thanks guys. Yes the display cabinets are custom-made. During our house renovation back in late 2007, the cabinets was made as well.

Chogokin + TF MP cabinet as of January 2012. Only 1/6 scale Mr. Bean been displayed. The others when we constructed a new cabinet plan this August 2012.
SR1.jpg

SR3.jpg

SR4.jpg

Wife’s TF MP collection:
MPTF2.jpg

MPTF3.jpg

Mr. Bean with the big boys
MPTF6.jpg

MPTF4.jpg

MRBean20.jpg

MRBean21.jpg

Chogokins close-up shots on the next post. Please bear with me guys aside for the 10 photos limit my post automatically go to the MODs for review.

My remaining Zoids and kids TFTM, ROTF, TFA, DOTM, Armada TF collection. In this area we plan to built the cabinet for the 1/6 scale figures.

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers to everyone.
dri1

Really awesome, thats what I crave for in my future larger apartment- seamless display of my 1/6 figs. No detolfs sticking out that everybody has (myself included) but seamless integration of display cases in the style of the aparament. Bravo!

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind compliments.

@Indy: Noticed that you're from Czech Republic. The company I'm currently involved with has a Project in Ledvice and ours is Boiler Scope. I managed and sometimes go to the Suppliers located in Praha, Pacov & Trebics.

dri1

Thanks guys :)

Would like to share the evolution of our Zoids & Chogokins display cabinets from 2004 to present (see 1st post).

1st ZOIDS/Chogokins Cabinet
I started collecting Zoids back in May 2003 and got my 1st cab on November 2004. Dimension size: 6' x 4' x 1'

1stCabNov2004.jpg

2nd Zoids/Chogokins Cabinet
as my collection grows, added a new cab. Dimension size: 6' x 4' x 1'
2nd_CabJan2006.jpg

2ndCabJan2006.jpg

3rd Zoids Cabinet
This time it's wall-mounted. Dimension: 8.5' x 8.5' x 1'. With 16 adjustable shelves & 4 sliding door.
3rdCabJan2007.jpg

Ygnacio014.jpg

To date, two (2) 6' x 4' x 1' cabinets was sold & 8.5' x 8.5' x 1' cabinet was dismantled and moved to 3rd floor.

TFL.
dri1

Back