Batman: Death by Design

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
21251_900x1350.jpg

Batman: Death by Design

By Chip Kidd and Dave Taylor​

In this new, original graphic novel from superstar writer/designer Chip Kidd and artist Dave Taylor, Gotham City is undergoing one of the most expansive construction booms in its history. The most prestigious architects from across the globe have buildings in various phases of completion all over town. As chairman of the Gotham Landmarks Commission, Bruce Wayne has been a key part of this boom, which signals a golden age of architectural ingenuity for the city. And then, the explosions begin.All manner of design-related malfunctions – faulty crane calculations, sturdy materials suddenly collapsing, software glitches, walkways giving way and more – cause casualties across the city. This bizarre string of seemingly random catastrophes threatens to bring down the whole construction industry. Fingers are pointed as Batman must somehow solve the problem and find whoever is behind it all.
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401234534?ie=UTF8&ref=aw_bottom_links&force-full-site=1"]Available to purchase at Amazon[/ame]

If anyone hasn't checked this out yet, I'd highly recommend doing so. It is visually stunning, and it's a fantastic story as well.

Some interesting art direction here, but the artist is more about architecture than people. The figures have a slight amateurish quality to them - like a lot of Marvel artists.

Some interesting art direction here, but the artist is more about architecture than people. The figures have a slight amateurish quality to them - like a lot of Marvel artists.

Agree.

The way the city is lit up looks great.

Have you guys read it? It really is a pretty cool read. It's a very classic take (which I love). The art deco architecture, the character designs, even the antagonists are not unlike those from the classic serials of the 1930's and 40's.

I have the book and am basing it on reading the whole thing. Like I said, the designs are cool - not a huge fan of the story though. The project obviously exists to serve this artist's architectural style.

Back