Josh's Collection Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive collection, Josh! It will only get better!

I wish I had started much earlier with the SS Weta LOTR line....:monkey2

Great pics Josh. I still can not believe the rog is that close the the mouse.

Nice statues! But I would leave them in their package
before presenting them like this... eek :monkey2

I try to dust once a week. Because I don't have room in my bedroom for display cases keeping them totally dust free isnt gonna happen. Hopefully once I get my own place in about a year or so I'll be able to get some nice display cabinets. That's the plan anyways.

Yeah, I'm careful when I'm on the PC because of the Rog. I don't play online video games.:lol

Thanks guys for the compliments. :rock

Buzzie said:
Nice statues! But I would leave them in their package
before presenting them like this... eek :monkey2

Buzzie what do you mean? Because I don't have display cabinets?

No, I think hes saying he'd rather keep the statues in the boxes than to display them in the manner you have them displayed, which in my opinion (and no you don't have to care what I think) is very average.

HighElven said:
No, I think hes saying he'd rather keep the statues in the boxes than to display them in the manner you have them displayed, which in my opinion (and no you don't have to care what I think) is very average.

Well, we all can't have super nice display cabinets and all that to start as well as a collection. In the end I'm happy with my collection and want to improve my display by getting some cabinets.

HighElven said:

HighElven and JLCMSU : A WAR THAT NEVER ENDS....

But careful ,High Elven...Josh has a powerful allie in the Kurgan Crusade,The Duke Darko...Who is one of the founding father of the Crusade...You wouldnt want him on your bad side...

Man, a Balrog by a mouse!

:confused:

Please go and buy a display cabinet Josh and showoff those pieces! CT and Balrog are awesome and should at least be in a Detolf or something. Those are not that much money.

Be creative since you are low on room.

Last edited:
Josh,

The collection looks great.

As he has stated he has no room for a cabinet. A lot of us younger collectors still live in apartments or our parents house and we pretty much have no room. If some one puts there statues at risk by displaying them out side of a case well then then that says one thing to me. It says man, this person must really love his collection. I have a few busts/statues of outside of a case as well. Dust might not be the best thing for them but for me it is better then having them trapped in their boxes. Thus, never being enjoyed.

It took me a long time to justify the expense of a high quality cabinet, but when the time came, it was worth it. You have some great stuff, and a Cave Troll and Balrog are going to look nice no matter what you do with them! When you end up with the money and space for a display cabinet, it will only look even more awesome. I give it all a thumbs up.

Shai Hulud said:
HighElven and JLCMSU : A WAR THAT NEVER ENDS....

But careful ,High Elven...Josh has a powerful allie in the Kurgan Crusade,The Duke Darko...Who is one of the founding father of the Crusade...You wouldnt want him on your bad side...

That's right!!! I will call on my friends in the Kurgan Crusade to help me.:chew

Gruson said:
Man, a Balrog by a mouse!

:confused:

Please go and buy a display cabinet Josh and showoff those pieces! CT and Balrog are awesome and should at least be in a Detolf or something. Those are not that much money.

Be creative since you are low on room.

I want to really and it's nothing to do with money as much as room. I just have no room to even be creative. That's the thing that sucks.

Gran3131 said:
Josh,

The collection looks great.

As he has stated he has no room for a cabinet. A lot of us younger collectors still live in apartments or our parents house and we pretty much have no room. If some one puts there statues at risk by displaying them out side of a case well then then that says one thing to me. It says man, this person must really love his collection. I have a few busts/statues of outside of a case as well. Dust might not be the best thing for them but for me it is better then having them trapped in their boxes. Thus, never being enjoyed.

Thanks Anthony!

Yeah, till I move out I just can't. I don't want to put these at risk believe me but like you said living at home doesn't leave many options. However, once I move out I'll be spending some money on cabinets.

tomandshell said:
It took me a long time to justify the expense of a high quality cabinet, but when the time came, it was worth it. You have some great stuff, and a Cave Troll and Balrog are going to look nice no matter what you do with them! When you end up with the money and space for a display cabinet, it will only look even more awesome. I give it all a thumbs up.

I agree the money is worth it to protect these items.

Thanks Tom for the kind words!!

Might be time to move out Josh :lol .

It's a double edged sword. If you move and have enough room, you can't afford all the crap coming out. If you stay where you are, you can't display all the crap coming out.

A good tip, check businesses that are going out of business. They need to unload a lot of stuff for cheap, you can find good deals that way.

Darth Loki said:
Might be time to move out Josh :lol .

You ain't kidding :lol

Darth Loki said:
It's a double edged sword. If you move and have enough room, you can't afford all the crap coming out. If you stay where you are, you can't display all the crap coming out.

So true though. That's why I want to wait a year. That allows me to get all the stuff I have on order plus have some money saved up. Then I'll have to be more selective.

Darth Loki said:
A good tip, check businesses that are going out of business. They need to unload a lot of stuff for cheap, you can find good deals that way.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out.

My concern from the very beginning has been the placement of the Balrog and the CT....My offer to give them a temporary home within my cabinets still stands....um....to help you protect them of course :D

Wetanut said:
My concern from the very beginning has been the placement of the Balrog and the CT....My offer to give them a temporary home within my cabinets still stands....um....to help you protect them of course :D

:lol Thanks Rumi :lol

Back