Which Detolf do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black is one of my favorite colors so I'm biased, but if you like the look of beech... I say give it a shot. It could be a really cool way to set your collection apart.

Well the beech was the only ones available when I 1st got these, so I've stuck with them, I think the darker ones show the figures better though

Never been to an Ikea before. How many detolfs do they normally have in stock for a single color? If I'm going to have to drive hundreds of miles round trip out of state, I'm going to load up on them lol. They're like $100 each for a detolf and diodes light set, right? My only problem with them is the bottom shelf is too low to properly view figures there.

Never been to an Ikea before. How many detolfs do they normally have in stock for a single color? If I'm going to have to drive hundreds of miles round trip out of state, I'm going to load up on them lol. They're like $100 each for a detolf and diodes light set, right? My only problem with them is the bottom shelf is too low to properly view figures there.

Some people have a small set of draws or something to raise the detolf up making the detolf higher up and the bottom shelf a lot more visible. Not sure on US pricing but in the UK a detolf is £40 ish. Dioders are £20 for the strips.

Well worth it if you want a nice display area and having 3 or more together makes a display wall look awesome imo

Edit. Some examples from another thread:
bigcases.jpg

The one shows how heavy the detolfs are so anything underneath would need to be strong to support the weight
198138563-O.jpg

Thanks guys for all the input! I went and picked up 4 detolfs at my local Ikea for about $55 a piece. I put all of them on a cabinet to be able to see the bottom shelf better. I must say the black does compliment the figures more and looks better with lighting. Thanks again!

I payed total for the detolf and lighting came out to about a $100 in the U.S.. Picked up 4 and placed them on a cabinet to see bottom shelf better.

If you want to check the stock before driving hundreds of miles, just go to ikea website and use the drop down menu under "buy at your local store" to pick whatever location you're going to. Then use the click here for product availability to see how many are in stock at that store and how many they anticipate having over the next few days.

Thanks guys for all the input! I went and picked up 4 detolfs at my local Ikea for about $55 a piece. I put all of them on a cabinet to be able to see the bottom shelf better. I must say the black does compliment the figures more and looks better with lighting. Thanks again!

Where are the pics?? :dunno

Next month I'll be able to drive down and get some detolfs! Then I can finally post some pictures of my 1/6 collection.

That said... I hope I don't get an exploding detolf. Seriously... what happened here?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cH_K-arWQ[/ame]

I've got 5 white ones as those were the ones they sold a couple of years back on sale for $20 a piece one week. Can't beat 5 for a $100, no matter what the color :rock

Back