Tarantino

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanoxford

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently started collecting graphic novels - mainly Marvel and DC "superheroes" but had recently started to look at alternatives such as Y: The last man etc.

I am a big Tarantino fan (Django Unchained looks great- read the script?) ... and was wondering if he had ever written/been author of any graphical novels? I've tried to do some research and can only find a small connection to POWERS https://forbiddenplanet.com/69485-powers-volume-1-who-killed-retro-girl-premier-edition-hardcover/

Any ideas?

Not to my knowledge although it's clear he's a fan, Pulp Fiction is basically his answer to comic book movies the way I see it. True Romance which he wrote features Clarence who works at a comic shop and is a huge comic geek. I also always remember that Silver Surfer poster from Reservoir Dogs when Mr. Orange is rehearsing his fake story. Also when asked what his favorite films of 2011 were, one of the first things he mentioned was X-Men First Class.

I'd love to see him direct a Punisher or Deadpool flick with carte blanche but it seems like a pipe dream.

Interesting but someone more familiar with the book will have to weigh in on that. I forgot he also directed a segment in Sin City, so I guess techinally he has made a bit of a comic movie.

If your looking into alternatives and are interested in Y The Last Man I would check out Saga. Written by the same guy who did Y and its fantastic. Plus its only like 3 or so issues in so its pretty easy to catch up if you want to read it monthly.

Sorry a little OT

Back