1/6 Chewbacca... not yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
Facebook just got posted!!!! It's 1/6, right?!??!?!? All their previous premium formats came with a note about it being PF... the 1/6 Vader also didn't have a scale designation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1/6 Chewbacca!!!

hope so!

292219_10150924154344145_307145261_n.jpg

I hope he gets revealed before SDCC.... this has to mean a new Han Solo is on the way right?? Didn't HT mention their next Star Wars DX being Han Solo or Anakin Skywalker?

Stuff like this reminds me why I love Sideshow so much!

I hope it is 1/6th, though I'm not entirely convinced just yet. I'd reckon it's more likely to be PF, though I hope I'm wrong.

PF would be my guess too. I just don't see SS being able to do a 1:6 Chewie justice.

I'm betting PF.

They said in an earlier Ask Sideshow session that 3 of the 4 characters were coming in PF...

I LOVE THE STAR WARS PREMIUM FORMAT FIGURES, AND HAVE ALMOST ALL OF THEM! I AM WONDERING IF IN 2013 WE CAN GET A SNOWTROOPER, LANDO, CHEWBACCA, OR THE DROIDS WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR?

Man, you’re right on track with us here. Three of the four you listed are on tap for reveals within 2012 – be sure to stay tuned for our “May the Fourth” celebration next week! We love delivering good news :)

Ask Sideshow

In my excitement, I didn't think the picture of Chewie being formed from quotations was a replica of the actual product. I just noticed it didn't have anything mentioned regarding Premium Format. D'oh... still holding out hope. Should have thrown a question mark into the title of the thread though.

No worries, not sure there can be a bigger announcement than 1/6th Chewbacca at this point so excitement is understood.

I jumped in here ready to jump for joy with my fellow 1/6th Chewie fans but alas, it looks like a statue to me too.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Why don't they just make clear in the tease that it's PF or 1/6? Getting a bit tired of this. The "tease" is supposed to be a hint at how they have achieved the character, not what format it is in.

And yes, it's looking like a sculpted fur PF, just as the Ask Sideshow stated. Jan 2010 Ask Sideshow:

Q. Is a Chewbacca Premium Format a possibility?

A. Yes, it is a possibility. The more we discuss Chewie for the PF line, the more we lean toward a sculpted-fur version.

Calls into serious question whether they will ever do a 1/6 Chewy with fur. I mean, PF is a static figure and they won't do fur on it? Seems like fur is just too much work. Has any 1/6 figure covered in fur ever been done?

Personally, I think the only chance for a SSC 1/6 Chewy would be essentially the Hasbro 3 3/4" VOTC figure in 12". i.e. slightly rubbery plastic with flowing fur sculpted over joints. Maybe with really good paint it would look okay - you'd get a few good poses. Gammy showed they are willing to do nearly a full body sculpt from scratch.

I agree with those that this is a 1/4 sculpted Chewy PF.

I think HT is our best bet for a 1/6 Chewy with fur. No doubt the rooted hair = Barbie, they're 'posable action figure collectibles not dolls' crowd will be grumpy but Chewy with fur is a must.

I am absolutely certain that Sideshow will do Chewbacca and they will do him well.

When will that happen is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back