Jedi Luke body swap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THX-182

Super Freak
Reaction score
The first Sideshow figure I ever bought was Sideshow's first Star Wars 12 inch figure they made, the Jedi Luke figure. I still have this figure but the body has always bugged me. The long, gorilla like arms. I know Sideshow figures have come a long way since then and I have always wanted to upgrade the body of the figure.

I'm wondering if many here have done it? Does anyone have any pictures or recommendations on what body to use to upgrade the figure? Does the clothing need to be altered? Until Hot Toys decides to do one I'd like to enjoy this figure a lot more with a better body.

Thanks!

Easiest option is to use a Pro 1.0... its short, but better proportioned than the Buck body. You will need two things to make it compatible with the Luke figure though:

HT short Neck Plug
Sideshow Buck feet

The HT Neck plug will fit onto the pro body and will accomodate the sculpt. The Pro bodies do not have feet, but if you heat up the Buck feet you can remove them and put them on the Pro allowing you to then use the boots.

All in all a pretty easy conversion. And you can also use either Sideshow or HT hands which tend to look better than the oversized Sideshow ones.

Here's my Luke after the conversion:

bbs-1-1.jpg

A word of caution on the Pro 1.0 is to get a later body... the early ones were pretty loose. Some other options are the HT Slim (which is expensive) and I think some have used a BBi body.

here's mine on a truetye........a slim i believe..........back when they cost around 27-30 bucks??
lukett.jpg

i actually trimmed a bit of his neck off as well.

The main problem with any conversion to a different body is that Luke's head is already big, so swapping it on to a better proportioned body still leaves him looking funny...

I've been thinking about doing that too... How does it look in hand?

i like it.......he was a bit giraffey. the head is still a bit too large though. but way better than old buck for sure. still need to swap han.......:monkey4

The main problem with any conversion to a different body is that Luke's head is already big, so swapping it on to a better proportioned body still leaves him looking funny...

yea............if you went to a body that actually was proportioned to the head it would freakin huge, like HT predator huge......:lol

TBH it really doesn't look awful in person... the head could definitely be better. But I never feel distracted by the size of his melon. And if you have him in full Jedi gear it actually isn't bad at all.

I found a different headsculpt somewhere and switched that out along with the body. Truthfully, the mouth disturbed me more than anything else.

I have a second vanilla one on a speeder bike with Leia. He works much better on there unmodified.

TBH it really doesn't look awful in person... the head could definitely be better. But I never feel distracted by the size of his melon. And if you have him in full Jedi gear it actually isn't bad at all.

of course you are right & i was exaggerating..............but i will always love this figure. he's what brought me to sideshow & the freakboard.

he should be renamed "Gateway Luke"...........:panic:

I like him on the short Buck with the short arms. It's good enough that I can wait for one from Hot Toys.

But, he does look really good on the 1.1 and the slim.

I have mine on a slim but I keep the hood up and vest on. Really takes away any big head concerns. Still, I was just wondering the other day if it would help to take a 1/8-14" off the neck.

I got mine on a Pro 1.1 (CW Anakin body). I think it works great and its a bit taller than the 1.0. The height works good for Luke. CW Anakin should have been a taller body I think when comparing to the Ep 3 Anakin figure.

Back