paypal scam help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik2001

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys - i paid someone £170 for a item as goods via paypal. its been 35 days and not received the item. seller is not responding to me anymore & im sure i was scammed. do paypal only protect you and give your money back if seller has money in his account?

It will depend on how much evidence you have, but no, I don't think the seller necessarily needs money in his account for you to be reimbursed.

File a dispute right now and make sure you escalate it to a claim right away. There are no guarantees that Paypal can reclaim your funds, but this may be your only hope. Take action today.

Ive already filed the dispute. But i remeber the buyer saying he didnt send the item yet as he transfered the paypal money to his bank account so he can help pay for shipping. Never heard from him again.
It was someone from the 3a forums not via here or ebay. I paid as goods though via direct paypal, but ive read you only get your money if he has it in his paypal account. If thats the case im screwed

Did you pay using money that was in your paypal account itself or do you have a credit card attached where your money came from? If the latter you can get your card company on the case.

Pretty sure you'll get your money. He will owe paypal money for sure, might even send his ass to collections if he doesn't pay up.

Hopefully you'll get your money back OK. Not in Paypal's interest for people to get screwed via their system. Looks bad. Good luck.

got caught on a preorder item this week lost 200euros........after 45 days zero protection , get on it

Back