HELLRAISER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosing

Super Freak
Reaction score
any of you folks been following this?

to be honest, i find it very interesting. recognizable characters from hellraiser 1 and 2...

...and the art pages rawk.
hellraiser-issue-2b-boom-comics-cbr-cbz-pinhead-preview-mycomicnetwork.jpg

It's different in that there is a singular main narrative at work here. It's serialized, but one long story arc. But it's pretty interesting, because it deals with Kirsty Cotton and Captain Elliott Spenser (Pinhead) and a pact they make that turns the whole Hellraiser mythos on its head. Like I said, a lot of whacked out stuff happens. But it's interesting and actually doesn't feel too contrived or gimmicky. It's also plotted and co-written by Clive Barker himself.

I loved the old TPBs, though. I have all of them.

So it's a prequel? Barker's involvement sounds like I might either need to hunt these down or wait for TPBs to go with the old series.

Actually, no, it's a sequel.

Two volumes are already available in TPB, with Vol. 3 scheduled for next month (July 17). Here's a link to Vol. 1 on Amazon: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Clive-Barkers-Hellraiser-Vol-1/dp/1608860728/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c[/ame]

WoW! This is the first time I've heard of this! I used to have all of the old Marvel comics including the short run Pinhead comic!

Looks like I'll be paying a trip to my local comic store!

#6 had me a WTF nooooo!!! moment. :gah:
i wont spoil it for those still catching up.

a memento, hellraiser fans would enjoy...

HR06pg014.jpg

I'm collecting and reading them in volume form, myself. Haven't had a chance to read Vol. 2 yet. It's been sitting on my desk for a couple weeks, so one of these days I'll do it... Vol. 1 was excellent.

Actually, no, it's a sequel.

Two volumes are already available in TPB, with Vol. 3 scheduled for next month (July 17). Here's a link to Vol. 1 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Clive-Barkers-Hellraiser-Vol-1/dp/1608860728/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

Thanks again for recommending this. Kicks all kinds of ass! I liked the first volume so much, 2 and 3 were ordered and inbound and 4 preordered before I'd finished the first TPB. I only wish the sequels after Hellbound were this good. :( :lol

the TPB got all the cover variants in them too. kick ass. :]

havent caught the latest issue as i was away on holiday. this series rawks.

Thanks again for recommending this. Kicks all kinds of ass! I liked the first volume so much, 2 and 3 were ordered and inbound and 4 preordered before I'd finished the first TPB. I only wish the sequels after Hellbound were this good. :( :lol

Sweet! And no worries... knew you'd dig 'em. :rock

Sweet! And no worries... knew you'd dig 'em. :rock

It's just mind boggling how well these are written and how bad the other films turned out and are still turning out by Barker's “Hello,my friends. I want to put on record that the flic out there using the word Hellraiser IS NO ****IN’ CHILD OF MINE!” “I have NOTHING to do with the ****in’ thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker, it’s a lie. It’s not even from my butt-hole.” tweet. WTF happened?! :lol

Last edited:
Man am I glad I decided to check out this "Printed Word"'section. I had no idea there were graphic novels based on the Hellraiser franchise. :) I used to be completely obsessed with the second film "Hellbound" especially with the amazing musical score with the master composer "Christopher Young"...same composer for the 80's movie "Flowers in the Attic" (just a little history lesson for my fellow members.:) )
I have watched the first 2 Hellraiser films so many times I wore them out. It is my understanding that these Hellraiser graphic novels are actually sequels? If so that would be perfect. I already know the original story and have even read Clive Barker's novel "the Hellbound Heart"...which is the novel that created the first Hellraiser movie.
A spoiler here on the novel...Pinhead was originally a chick not a man. I am so glad they decided to go with a guy and let's face it without Doug Bradley I truly do not believe Hellraiser would exist...and the first 2 movies would have been trash much like the following films after the second film.

I did however enjoy "Hellraiser: Inferno" but still not a great movie.

Anyway as soon as I finish this post I'm ordering the first volume on Amazon. :) I have so many amazing graphic novels I am still either waiting on or still waiting to read...I'm finishing up "Preacher"...much like Sideshow collectibles...one can never have too many Sculpts/Figures. :cool:
As of now in this very moment I am happy. :)

Back