How to make cloth look wet without being wet? Help needed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Raptor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello, mates!
WOW, the first time I'm creating help-thread. :gah:

So here is my problem: how to imitate wet cloth and still save it's flexibility?

I've got some very nice wet Jason with artificial water...

...but this effect simply doesn't work with the dry suit:

I've tried to use machine oil, but it doesn't give me the needed effect.

And I don't want to use any artificial epoxy water or gloss varnish on fabric, coz when they become hard - they'll start to crack everywhere leaving some ugly white cracks.

Maybe someone knows how to handle this problem?
Really, I have not a single idea how to make it wet, flexible and dry in a one time.

Thanks! But I'm not entirely sure. :\
I'm always using Games Workshop varnish and it doesn't stay flexible after drying. So do you still recommend to try find Liquitex? Did you use it for such a purpose? Can you show us few shots of the result?

I have not used it for this purpose, but liquitex is designed for painters, not models. Its main use is applying it as medium on canvas. I have been using it it for many years and im always having to clean of the end of the bottle because of dried residue. The dried material is always flexible even when its been dried for over a year and at least an 1/8" thick. I have also seen advertisement examples at my local art store showing how it can be used(Liquitex sells a lot if different mediums) and they are also extremely flexible. My opinion is an educated guess, but a pretty well informed guess. Worth a test I would think.

Worth a test I would think.
Hmmm, looks so indeed. Thank you, robbiethepainter!
Will try to find it or order from the E-bay.
This is it, right?

Gloss-Medium-and-Varnish.jpg

Or this one?

$(KGrHqFHJCME-h--7GLzBPtTVh7wr!~~60_1.JPG

Anyway, maybe someone have the experience in making cloth look wet?
Thread is still actual.

Back