Which Muscular 1/6 Body for a head with a neck?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0tek

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi Guys ,
Recently got my hands on a custom andy whitefield head (headplay on ebay)

Unfortunately - i couldn't seem to find a version with No Neck , so now im looking for a good 1/6 body (Muscular preferred) for a custom Spartacus, at first i thought id' slap it on a cmtoys body - but then i saw most of their bodies (and generally most of the muscular ones) come with a prebuilt neck ,

any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Guys ,
Recently got my hands on a custom andy whitefield head (headplay on ebay)

Unfortunately - i couldn't seem to find a version with No Neck , so now im looking for a good 1/6 body (Muscular preferred) for a custom Spartacus, at first i thought id' slap it on a cmtoys body - but then i saw most of their bodies (and generally most of the muscular ones) come with a prebuilt neck ,

any suggestions?

Thanks!
cut the neck off and dremel out the inside it should work just fine that's what i do.

Cutting of a neck is really easy.

Take a pencil and draw a line where you want the neck to be removed. Cutting a cylinder can often lead to not ending the cut in the place where you started and so this will help.

Heat the head up with hot water or a hairdryer so its soft. Makes it easier to cut. May have to reheat till the cut is done.

Once the neck is removed you will need to grind out the inside of the head to fit on the muscle body. Make sure you have the body on hand for fitting. Not all muscle bodies have the same necks.

I use the bit on the left. Its good for making the rounded transitions.
dremel.jpg

Start cutting. Between cuts, check the fitting on the neck. Go slow. You don't want to cut too much off. I go really thin towards the bottom so that it makes for a subtle change.
2012-06-10_20-16-54_537.jpg

Once all the cutting is done and it fits nice, I use epoxy putty to fill in the top of the head. While the putty is still soft, I put in a rare earth maganet.
2012-06-10_20-16-58_926.jpg

I then glue in another magnet in the hole of the neck.
2012-06-10_20-17-07_270.jpg

I pick these magnets up at Harbor Freight for cheap. If you don't have a one in your area you can order them from their website.

And there you have it.

Cutting of a neck is really easy.

Take a pencil and draw a line where you want the neck to be removed. Cutting a cylinder can often lead to not ending the cut in the place where you started and so this will help.

Heat the head up with hot water or a hairdryer so its soft. Makes it easier to cut. May have to reheat till the cut is done.

Once the neck is removed you will need to grind out the inside of the head to fit on the muscle body. Make sure you have the body on hand for fitting. Not all muscle bodies have the same necks.

I use the bit on the left. Its good for making the rounded transitions.
dremel.jpg

Start cutting. Between cuts, check the fitting on the neck. Go slow. You don't want to cut too much off. I go really thin towards the bottom so that it makes for a subtle change.
2012-06-10_20-16-54_537.jpg

Once all the cutting is done and it fits nice, I use epoxy putty to fill in the top of the head. While the putty is still soft, I put in a rare earth maganet.
2012-06-10_20-16-58_926.jpg

I then glue in another magnet in the hole of the neck.
2012-06-10_20-17-07_270.jpg

I pick these magnets up at Harbor Freight for cheap. If you don't have a one in your area you can order them from their website.

And there you have it.

wow robbie thanks! thats some good stuff!!!!

I like the marine epoxy putty that they sell at Ace/Westlake Hardware. Its nice and smooth. But really any epoxy putty will do.

Back