PDA

View Full Version : Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Pages : [1] 2

ZombieRepublican
06-09-2012, 02:31 PM
So there's finally a 1/6th scale Evangelion Eva01 figure. It looks freaking fantastic! I believe its about 15 inches?

http://geekinbox.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Real-Action-Heroes-EVA-01-Evangelion-Medicom-Toys-10.jpg
http://geekinbox.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Real-Action-Heroes-EVA-01-Evangelion-Medicom-Toys-07.jpg
http://geekinbox.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Real-Action-Heroes-EVA-01-Evangelion-Medicom-Toys-01.jpg
http://geekinbox.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Real-Action-Heroes-EVA-01-Evangelion-Medicom-Toys-02.jpg
http://geekinbox.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Real-Action-Heroes-EVA-01-Evangelion-Medicom-Toys-05.jpg
http://geekinbox.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Real-Action-Heroes-EVA-01-Evangelion-Medicom-Toys-04.jpg

BOOM!

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mfigure/020369/
http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2012/06/post-723.html

p.s let me know if you guy want a general Evangelion collectables thread instead

Monger
06-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Wow that's actually really cool! I get tired of diecast stuff so a nice high quality posable figure like this is much preferred. Plus, its height and build seem a lot more accurate than the usual figures.

I still need to get Asuka and Rei Medicom figures. They tend to go for pretty cheap. I hope they do an Eva 02. That one is my favorite, especially the End of Evangelion design for it.

Siona
06-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Horray for Medicom ! I'm so glad to see that Eva and I hope the rest will come too.
Now the price but I don't think it will be cheap :o.

r5150s
06-09-2012, 06:17 PM
1/6 or 1/60 ? 1/6th will bigger than just 15 inches...these guys are huge !

Niltusk
06-09-2012, 06:30 PM
1/6 or 1/60 ? 1/6th will bigger than just 15 inches...these guys are huge !

:goodpost:
A 1/6 Eva 1 would be 45 foot tall. Not very affordable to most people, plus, where would you find a detolf to put it in?

Pantone
06-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Oh wow, that looks incredible! Medicom's extreme skinny proportions have worked out for once, hahaha.

But for general poseability, I'd stick to my Robot Damashii figures.

urutoraseven
06-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Interesting. I already have the Perfect Grade Eva from Bandai, but this one looks very nice. There are some rubber parts like the Bandai kit.
You can trust Medicom when it comes to rubber. I have lots of Ultraman and monster figures, all dressed in rubber and they hold pretty well through out the years.

Dally
06-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Evangelion is my favorite anime of all time and this is a must buy for me as I've been looking for a big Unit-01 figure for a long time. I had been considering buying the Perfect Grade Model kit, but this is much better. I just hope it is durable.

Interesting. I already have the Perfect Grade Eva from Bandai, but this one looks very nice. There are some rubber parts like the Bandai kit.
You can trust Medicom when it comes to rubber. I have lots of Ultraman and monster figures, all dressed in rubber and they hold pretty well through out the years.

That's reassuring to hear about the rubber. I'll probably keep this in a neutral standing pose anyway though as I have a bunch of smaller Eva 01's for crazy posing.

Monger
06-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah I really love how this looks. The more I look, the more I like it! Medicom should start investing in things like this it looks terrific. I think he will look nice next to my 1/6 Karas :D

plasmid303
06-10-2012, 01:02 AM
This thing is gonna cost a bomb.

Monger
06-10-2012, 01:14 AM
This thing is gonna cost a bomb.

You think so? I can't see it being much more than their usual stuff. My guess would be 250-300. If anything it will cost a lot because of the weak dollar, but with AmiAmi 20-30% off discount it is probably a pretty decent buy for your typical Japanese fan.

plasmid303
06-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Guess I haven't kept up with Medicom's larger products. What else do they make in this size?

devilof76
06-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Didn't they already make a big Unit-01? Or is this the same one?

Pantone
06-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Didn't they already make a big Unit-01? Or is this the same one?

You might be thinking of the one they have on display at the Evangelion or Kaiyodo store in Japan.

devilof76
06-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Was it at SDCC a couple years ago, to be distributed through Sideshow?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900535&ref=listingimage_900535

Monger
06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
40 inches high O_O Wow

Demimatt
06-10-2012, 11:33 AM
wow does anyone have that 1/6 version ont he boards? Would like to see pics next to 1/6 scale people.

Shropt
06-11-2012, 10:19 AM
This is not the 40 inch model, the linked press releases say this is 390mm or 15 inches tall.

I'd like to see more about this but Medicom will most likely charge $300-400 for this.

Empir3
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
i would love to find out more about this. The build on this and the materials used will be interesting to see. Undoubtedly though Medicom will be asking too much for it :\. Their pricing structure just does not work for me. They ask for a lot for figures with very lil.

Kibagami
06-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Was it at SDCC a couple years ago, to be distributed through Sideshow?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900535&ref=listingimage_900535

This one might be based on the movies. Not the series.

Empir3
06-15-2012, 09:49 AM
This one might be based on the movies. Not the series.

This one is for sure the movie design.

devilof76
06-15-2012, 09:52 AM
I haven't seen the new movies.

When is the third one due out?

Shropt
06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I haven't seen the new movies.

When is the third one due out?

Supposedly at the end of this year but there is no clear date. Then it will be over a year till we get it here. Then there is also a 4th movie planned but that is likely 3 years away.

The two new films (1.1 and 2.2) are AMAZING!!! I actually just watched them last week on Blu-ray. They are a complete retelling/reimagining of the series.

devilof76
06-15-2012, 10:17 AM
I got them for my niece last year on her birthday. They still have the shrink wrap on them.

Shropt
06-15-2012, 10:49 AM
I got them for my niece last year on her birthday. They still have the shrink wrap on them.

You will feel stupid for not watching them sooner. :lecture

Kibagami
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM

The movies feel sort of rushed don't you think?

devilof76
06-15-2012, 11:00 AM

The original Evangelion is the greatest work of art of the 20th Century. :lecture

I am hesitant. So is my niece. She watched the whole shebang (censored the movie a bit) a few months ago and she's more reluctant to watch them than I am.

That may be shellshock, though. If The End of Evangelion wasn't too much to process, then the first 24 episodes probably were.

ZombieRepublican
06-15-2012, 04:11 PM

I feel the faster pacing keeps it interesting. Unfortunately this effects the deeper impact that each angel has, but so far i love it.
I wonder what they are going to do with the next two movies since they have blown through quite a lot of the story by the 2nd one?

While i did love the original anime series i absolutely hated that acid trip it had for the last two episodes. Apparently it was the internal struggle he felt personally through out the true plot of the last two episodes which was later shown in "The end of Evangelion". I didn't like how philosophical it got in the end of that movie either.

turtlesforever
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
that is so bad a55!

Empir3
06-15-2012, 05:39 PM

I def think it was sped up in the first movie but once you get to the second one you see why IMO. They got a lot out of the way and then started to veer to a new path. The end of the second movie i absolutely love. That scene when 01 awakens was just awesome.

Kibagami
06-15-2012, 05:44 PM
While i did love the original anime series i absolutely hated that acid trip it had for the last two episodes. Apparently it was the internal struggle he felt personally through out the true plot of the last two episodes which was later shown in "The end of Evangelion". I didn't like how philosophical it got in the end of that movie either.

Wasn't "Death & Rebirth" more of an acid trip? :lol

I def think it was sped up in the first movie but once you get to the second one you see why IMO. They got a lot out of the way and then started to veer to a new path. The end of the second movie i absolutely love. That scene when 01 awakens was just awesome.

I need to actually sit down and watch the movie; giving my full attention to it; I'm not too keen on the character they introduced.

jnmx2000
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Being a huge fan of the original series and the final film the end of evangelion, I was surprised to see how let down I was by the remake film of the series in evangelion 1.1. I can't stress enough how much I didn't like that movie. It was almost the same exact thing as the show with some pieces taken out. was the second film any different or was it the same shot for shot with some scenes and episodes removed? I was expecting a revamped story, not just visuals.

Monger
06-16-2012, 03:20 AM
I still think it's stupid they even have these movies. Just pointless cash ins on a franchise more than complete.

Empir3
06-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Being a huge fan of the original series and the final film the end of evangelion, I was surprised to see how let down I was by the remake film of the series in evangelion 1.1. I can't stress enough how much I didn't like that movie. It was almost the same exact thing as the show with some pieces taken out. was the second film any different or was it the same shot for shot with some scenes and episodes removed? I was expecting a revamped story, not just visuals.

The first movie was way more shot for shot then the second. The second takes the story on a new path with some familiar elements.

jnmx2000
06-16-2012, 03:25 PM
The first movie was way more shot for shot then the second. The second takes the story on a new path with some familiar elements.

hmmmm if that's so I might have to check it out. The first movie just seemed like a chopped up version of the series. If what you say is the case I might have to check it out.

ZombieRepublican
06-16-2012, 04:27 PM
hmmmm if that's so I might have to check it out. The first movie just seemed like a chopped up version of the series. If what you say is the case I might have to check it out.

I think the story is going in a more interesting direction now. The 2nd movie was soo awesome, i just hope they can keep up this momentum. Speaking of momentum, whats taking them god damn long with 3.0?? I also hate how it takes so long for them to release on Bluray (I prefer the english dub)

The good thing is we get more merchandise, i hope they make some 10 inch Eva figures. While i love the Robot Damashii figs theyre too small for me. Also this Medicom, while awesome, is too big for my tastes too.

Pantone
06-17-2012, 08:54 AM

2.22 has taken a very different path from NGE, and is moving towards a very different story. You'd need to check it out before making a judgement, otherwise you're really missing out. :exactly: The Blu-ray also has incredible audio.

Interesting to see how they're gonna take it to the next level in 3.0 and then Final, considering how 2.0's ending was already EoE level climatic. (though obviously not as crazy and effed up)

The 2.0 Blu-ray took forever to come out, and the Hong Kong edition is not region compatible with my country. I may succumb to a cam-rip for 3.0.

Empir3
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Yea definitely give it a shot, the first one is very much what you say it is but the second is just pure awesome. On bluray these are some of the most impressive animated movies i have seen.

I think the story is going in a more interesting direction now. The 2nd movie was soo awesome, i just hope they can keep up this momentum. Speaking of momentum, whats taking them god damn long with 3.0?? I also hate how it takes so long for them to release on Bluray (I prefer the english dub)

The good thing is we get more merchandise, i hope they make some 10 inch Eva figures. While i love the Robot Damashii figs theyre too small for me. Also this Medicom, while awesome, is too big for my tastes too.

Yea it does take them a while but they are all really nice quality. I would rather wait and get the best possible animation then have them rushed and it look mediocre.

The SPEC Eva figures are really nice i would recommend those. I have almost all of them, they are a nice size with a good amount of metal in them. But I totally agree i can't wait to see what new stuff we will be getting.

Siona
06-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Announced for 24800yens, that's the full medicom price it will be cheaper at some store, for a release 01/2013.

http://uppix.net/7/9/2/50572c0938a3b89748c68fc3801d2.jpg

Monger
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I did some quick match and I think it turns out to be something like $230 after a typical AmiAmi 25% off discount. Not too shabby.

jnmx2000
06-23-2012, 02:53 PM
As much as I love evangelion I really don't like the green strips on the new version of Eva 1. I would love it if they did an original variant of the figure, that would most likely be an instant buy from me.

Pantone
06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Looks brilliant from the shots they've released, looking forward to see in-hand pics from others when it's out.

Monger
06-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Man the more I see it the more I want it. I hope this goes up for discount prices after release. I will have to snag it. It is about time someone made a nice big Eva figure. I get tired of the small stuff.

Monger
06-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah it is about $216 or so before shipping at AmiAmi. Surprisingly affordable considering what it is. I really want to get it, but I wish we knew a little bit more about the materials they use. If it is similar to with Kamen Rider and such then I imagine it should last though obviously they designed it to be extremely posable unlike the Kamen Rider figures so I wonder what Medicom ended up doing to achieve that.

Kibagami
06-25-2012, 12:51 AM
:lol

Comes with an AT field or whatever?

Monger
06-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Well the bonus parts for those who preorder on time looks to be an AT Field accessory, which is a pretty huge accessory, and then a set of hands for the pose where it is grabbing at the AT Field. It's actually a pretty cool inclusion I suppose. Personally with something this huge I would really like to have the running pose assuming the figure can handle that for prolonged periods of time.

moose
06-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Will side show be getting these ?

Pantone
06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
The price on amiami seems reasonable. Despite reports of Medicom's recent efforts being less flaky, past experiences did leave a bitter aftertaste, so I'm going to hold out and see what reviewers say about it.

If only there's a large scale Eva-01 statue (preferably in berserk mode or stylised), I'd so go for it!

Monger
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
The price on amiami seems reasonable. Despite reports of Medicom's recent efforts being less flaky, past experiences did leave a bitter aftertaste, so I'm going to hold out and see what reviewers say about it.

If only there's a large scale Eva-01 statue (preferably in berserk mode or stylised), I'd so go for it!

No matter which company released this figure, I would still suggest being a bit worried about it, more so if Hot Toys had done it rather than Medicom. This is definitely unfamiliar to all the 1/6 companies and I think Medicom will probably try to take this route if it works out for them as Bandai is one of the only major companies who do anime robot releases and since they tend to do expensive eight inch diecast stuff, this tall vinyl plastic style would be unique mostly to Medicom. With that being said it is hard to say how this might last.

For what it is worth Medicom has recently used various leather like materials on some of their figures as well as many jump suits. Their Project BM Kamen Rider figures seem to hold up nicely, but they are restrictive in articulation. Their Darker Than Black Hei figure uses a leather like material for his suit and I have had zero problems with it so far. It is also worth pointing out I frequently put him in extreme poses since I find that he is surprisingly flexible even with the outfit. Finally, they have a new Gantz lineup, but I hear that the suit restricts articulation quite a bit. I haven't heard anything about it tearing of breaking or anything though.

I say give Medicom a chance, but it is worth always waiting off and seeing how people think the figure is or how it will hold up regardless of who makes it. Of course this is not always needed, but sometimes problems can happen where you least expect it. For example, the ThreeA Rex figure I hope will be awesome, but I can imagine all sorts of issues that it might end up having, none of which are really apparent to us right now.

doodler7
03-01-2013, 01:20 AM
First look and impression of the box; corrugated print on semi gloss paper. I'm not sure if there is laminant or matte varnishing, hard to tell. There are no spot varnishing, so I would say straight-up 4-color...avoid scratch marks, water splashes, and oily fingers. The measurement size is 17" tall by 13" wide by 10" deep. Top of the box is the only opening flap. There is another box inside, housing the figure with see-through acetate. http://www.stufficreate.com/shared/medrah_eva01.jpg

abake
03-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Looks awesome!
More pics please.

Drakul
03-20-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't usually collect figures but I like my mechas to be a nice size and I don't think I'm going to resist a 1:6 EVA.

FYI for those who haven't seen it CollectionDX did an in-depth review of this piece. It looks freaking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlb4sOZhMpA&feature=share&list=LL-ygvdriIgABQGXstIpnBwQ

albatross1
03-20-2013, 09:10 AM
i got this figure, its pretty cool, only thing is that it is really fragile

illproxy
03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
i have had more than enough evangelion figs for my life time but wow... that looks really good! grats to those gettin it. thks for the vid review post. :)

kloug
03-29-2013, 01:57 AM
and I don't think I'm going to resist a 1:6 EVA

well, technically a 1:6 EVA wouldn't really fit in your room :)

Maybe the japanese will build one, though. Would be better than a stinky giant gundam.

rainax
04-05-2013, 12:41 AM
There will never be a properly scaled Eva figure.. because Gainax never stated their official height, it varies depending on the mood of the animators and what size will comply to a particular scene. Sometimes 40 meters, other time 80 meters, and at the very most of 200 meters :rotfl

wlvn
04-11-2013, 04:29 AM
Hi, to those who own this bad boy, is the middle part of the torso (the green one) supposed to be a bit loose? Mine is a bit loose. I wonder if it is a defect. :(

albatross1
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi, to those who own this bad boy, is the middle part of the torso (the green one) supposed to be a bit loose? Mine is a bit loose. I wonder if it is a defect. :(
:)

its not a defect its for greater range of articulation

wlvn
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
:)

its not a defect its for greater range of articulation

Thank you for aswering. :)

retrohead
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM
This is one of my #1 most wanted figures as a huge Eva fan. Looks incredible.

wlvn
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Not the biggest fan of the series but when I saw this thing displayed at a toy store on my recent trip to Tokyo. I just know right then and there that I got to have it. Unfortunately it was sold out everywhere there. Luckily I found one locally though I had to pay a bit more for it but it was all worth it. The engineering on this bad boy is just amazing.

ironwez20
04-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Does anybody have all of medicoms version of all the kids?

docterteeth
04-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Hmmmm... he looks really good. I'm curious to see price and accessories before I decide to commit. And of course I want to know if they're gonna do them all.

Empir3
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I have both the normal eva 01 and the awakened version and they are truly spectacular. If you are a big eva fan I totally say grab these. The engineering on them is spectacular, the detail and paint work is great too. The green and red on the eva against the purple almost seem to glow like in the movies. And I love how damn large they are, they are the eva collectible I have been wanting for years.

Some quick cell phone pics i took for twitter :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI45FgeCMAEU9bV.jpg:largehttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI2Bh7ECEAAd91E.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI0vy9oCUAA8zeB.jpg:large

Not the best pics will take better ones soon if people want

Monger
04-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow you lucked out that you managed to snag the Awakened Version! It goes for a ton online.

ironwez20
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Are they going to make the other eva's?

Empir3
04-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Unit 02 comes out in a few months they have not announced any others that I am aware of. I really hope they continue the line. I would love all the units done up like this

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/69381c07gw1dx8lzaboiej.jpg

Monger
04-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I hope they go back and do the TV series versions. I don't care for the Rebuild movies. EoE Eva 02 is the coolest Eva design :)

Empir3
04-28-2013, 01:39 PM
yea i mean the rebuild 02 took ideas from the EOE one. I actually prefer the rebuild designs. I think the addition of colors make them pop a bit better plus i love the new proportions

wlvn
04-30-2013, 09:45 AM
I actually prefer the rebuild designs. I think the addition of colors make them pop a bit better plus i love the new proportions

Congratulations on the awakened version btw. :clap

Empir3
04-30-2013, 01:05 PM

Congratulations on the awakened version btw. :clap

Thanks man i love it

KalElReviews
05-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I need this figure...

wlvn
05-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Just saw 3.33. :clap My guess is unit-00 and unit-08 are probably the two next in line.
But I would love to see Medicom make a mark.06 or a mark.09 adam's vessel down the road. :pray:

mccoy
05-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Argl!! I missed the pre-order and now I cannot find one at a decent price. Any lead?
I am wondering if it better investing in this line or going for the die cast Chogokin edition which is still available and way cheaper.

Empir3
05-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Argl!! I missed the pre-order and now I cannot find one at a decent price. Any lead?
I am wondering if it better investing in this line or going for the die cast Chogokin edition which is still available and way cheaper.

The SPEC Chogokin ones you mean? IF you are a big Eva Fan IMO go for RAH they are worth the money and it captures the animation model perfectly. The Gokin ones do not capture it the same. Plus these RAH ones are huge!

As far as leads go check amazon.co.jp if you have someone witha japanese address its the best price

Here is the SPEC compared to the RAH
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGe_2ulCMAAMQzq.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI3jqKqCAAEq5Qk.jpg:large

ironwez20
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Damn he'd huge. I'd it like 20 inches?

Empir3
05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Damn he'd huge. I'd it like 20 inches?

more like 16 17ish

wlvn
05-05-2013, 10:55 PM
more like 16 17ish

Yep and they're damn too tall to fit in a detolf. I still do not know where to display my eva-01. :dunno

Empir3
05-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Next release was just teased the 08 unit. I would have preferred unit 00 first but im happy with this.

http://collectiondx.com/files/raheva8.jpg

wlvn
05-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Very nice. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is the 2nd version of the unit 08 which has the weird body proportion. I would have preferred the 1st one as it has the same body proportion with the first three evas.

Empir3
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Wow you are right it is, I didnt even notice it changed in the movie when i saw it lol. I noticed the changes in the 02 but not the 08. Why did the 08 even change it was not damaged? Either way i like both looks, maybe medi will make both heh.

http://images.wikia.com/evangelion/images/a/af/Unit_08_alpha_and_beta.png

wlvn
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Hmm... It wasn't as bad as I imagined after all. :rotfl

Kibagami
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Wow you are right it is, I didnt even notice it changed in the movie when i saw it lol. I noticed the changes in the 02 but not the 08. Why did the 08 even change it was not damaged? Either way i like both looks, maybe medi will make both heh.

Well, 15 years have passed between the 2nd and 3rd movie. So I'd imagine that Eva would have been upgraded.

You'd have to watch it. If I talk about it more then I'd be spoiling the whole movie.

Empir3
05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, 15 years have passed between the 2nd and 3rd movie. So I'd imagine that Eva would have been upgraded.

You'd have to watch it. If I talk about it more then I'd be spoiling the whole movie.

I did watch it and the 08 was never shown in 2.22. Both of those designs were in 3.33. In the beginning in space/when shinji breaks out then it changes for final fight scene. So that was after the 15 year jump.

The movie as far as i can recollect never says why this one changed only the 02 due to damage

wlvn
05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
The thing is unit 08 was only introduced in 3.0. :dunno

Kibagami
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I did watch it and the 08 was never shown in 2.22. Both of those designs were in 3.33. In the beginning in space/when shinji breaks out then it changes for final fight scene. So that was after the 15 year jump.

The movie as far as i can recollect never says why this one changed only the 02 due to damage

Oops. Sorry. Read you guys wrong.

Siona
05-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Yep they never mentioned why they changed the EVA except to match with the looks of EVA-13 and Mark.09 ^^.

Empir3
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Yep they never mentioned why they changed the EVA except to match with the looks of EVA-13 and Mark.09 ^^.

seems like par for the course for that movie... lack of context

Kibagami
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM

I thought the beta version was just extra armor.

seems like par for the course for that movie... lack of context

And that's what bugs me about these movies; things are moving so fast that I don't get half the time what is going on.

Seems like I have to really pay attention when I watch it again.

Empir3
05-07-2013, 01:10 PM

And that's what bugs me about these movies; things are moving so fast that I don't get half the time what is going on.

IDK 1&2 were fine as far as following what was going on IMO. 2 was amazing and the peek of eva for me. This last movie just didnt bother to explain anything and it meant everything was meaningless to me.

Kibagami
05-07-2013, 01:17 PM
IDK 1&2 were fine as far as following what was going on IMO. 2 was amazing and the peek of eva for me. This last movie just didnt bother to explain anything and it meant everything was meaningless to me.

I think that's cause 1 & 2 followed the original pretty closely.

3 was okay till the end. I dunno WTH was going on during that end battle scene after he pulled those spears off of the back of that white corpse thing or whatever. I got a faint idea but I'm not too sure.

All this talk makes me want to kill 6 hours of day. :lol

Empir3
05-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I think that's cause 1 & 2 followed the original pretty closely.

3 was okay till the end. I dunno WTH was going on during that end battle scene after he pulled those spears off of the back of that white corpse thing or whatever. I got a faint idea but I'm not too sure.

All this talk makes me want to kill 6 hours of day. :lol

Yea but 2 started to venture off on its own direction and I really enjoyed that. 3 just went off all the way to the left which is fine if they gave you context to what was going on but they did not.

ironwez20
05-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Yes I just saw Eva 3 and man was that confusing. I hate how they bring shinji back and don't tell him a damn thing. Also I guess we are back to square one with him aswell.

Kibagami
05-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes I just saw Eva 3 and man was that confusing. I hate how they bring shinji back and don't tell him a damn thing. Also I guess we are back to square one with him aswell.

Seriously, let's confuse, even more so, an already confused kid. :lol

ironwez20
05-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Yea and then they wonder why he did what he did toward the end. Because you didn't tell him anything !!!

Monger
05-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I hear the third movie is ____. Thank goodness I don't care about these reboots at all and have already moved on past Gainax, who can't do anything but milk their preexisting franchises these days.

Kibagami
05-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I hear the third movie is ____. Thank goodness I don't care about these reboots at all and have already moved on past Gainax, who can't do anything but milk their preexisting franchises these days.

Very honest sir, very honest.

Monger
05-08-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty blunt. Don't take it the wrong way :lol

Empir3
05-08-2013, 06:47 AM
I preferred the rebuilds for the first 2 movies over the series. I really loved the design updates and I liked what they were doing with the story. With the third movie IDK where its going though

Siona
05-08-2013, 07:43 AM

:exactly: Extra armor is certainly the best explanation we could have at the moment.

Speaking abouth things moving too fast a lot of people miss the real and awesome 777 mode for the EVA-02 :lol.

Sachiel
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI0vy9oCUAA8zeB.jpg:large

Ugh... why did they have to make it so limited? :gah: How much were you able to get it for?

Wish I didn't pass on Unit-01 and 02. But I noticed pre-orders said they came with special items for the first production so I wonder if they're going to do another run later?

Gakken85
05-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I really enjoy posing mine. It's a real quality toy, but I think I might sell it.

DETJOHNKIMBLE
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Ugh... why did they have to make it so limited? :gah: How much were you able to get it for?

Wish I didn't pass on Unit-01 and 02. But I noticed pre-orders said they came with special items for the first production so I wonder if they're going to do another run later?

I have the Awakened version and I paid 400 for it from BBTS (still in my pile of loot, so I haven't seen it yet).

I could have gotten it for *maybe* 100 less from some Japanese online stores but they required immediate payment and didn't trust that they would get them in stock for sure, due to it being so limited.

Gakken85
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I love my 01!

I'll probably skip 02 unless I get a good price. It's nice that they are doing this 08, as it's something different.

Sachiel
05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
More images of 08β.
http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/05/20.html

Gakken85
05-22-2013, 07:21 PM
You really cant **** with pink robots.

wlvn
05-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Those arms are weird looking. :monkey4

Empir3
05-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I ordered the 08B i really dig these figures.

I actually like the arms it mimics Mari's Plug suit design

Gakken85
05-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Preorder is up:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-630/Act

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10807&mode=retail

Funny that BBGTS has it for $70 dollars more haha

Empir3
05-24-2013, 01:30 PM
I would assume that is due to them importing it first. From AmiAmi or HLJ it will be abou the same shipped as base cost from BBTS

Gakken85
05-24-2013, 01:38 PM
I would assume that is due to them importing it first. From AmiAmi or HLJ it will be abou the same shipped as base cost from BBTS

Yeah that just isn't true. I buy from Japanese sources all the time and it's usually cheaper than Ebay or BBTS, which is sad. Haha.

SAL and EMS only costs about $25-$35 bucks tops. Both have tracking. SAL takes about 2 weeks.
That's still a little over $200. Maybe $215. ($180+35).

Also, BBTS has to get a discount on shipping a large lot for sale. They probably only pay a few dollars per piece to ship a crate. Say they ship 20, and pay $300 shipping. That's $15 bucks per item.

So they charge $250 before they ship it to you? That's $265-$270 at least.

That's a $60 dollar markup for nothing.

That is just low level scalping if you ask me. I made some Masterpiece Transformers pre-orders with BBTS a few months ago, but you can find cheaper distributors in asian countries. I know, It's business and I would love to support an American store, but they have to price competitively or I'll take my money elsewhere. $50 bucks makes a big difference.

Empir3
05-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Well it all depends on the price they get it at and who is importing it for them. I work for an online retailer and we do not always get the same discount as a domestic dealer on imports because it is done via different distributors. Also you dont know how big of a pallet they are shipping over at the time etc. Are they marking up yes, is it for no reason maybe not.

Like say you are offered 30 percent off as wholesale then you have to ship it to the USA. You cant sell it for the same as the domestic companies who have no import costs, they are already at a profit margin advantage. So your 30 percent becomes like a 20 or 15 percent discount.

Gakken85
05-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Could be. I'm sure their are factors I'm not taking in account. BBTS seems to cater to people who are less savy about where to get the best deal, which is fine, but I'm going to save as much money as I Can. For $50 bucks I could get a Super Robot Chogokin Toy or save up for something else.

But to your point of domestic vs international., these toys aren't MADE in japan anymore, so they have to be imported to them too for sale.

Most of them are made in Southeast Asia or China now.

Japan and Korea are really just design houses these days.

Empir3
05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Could be. I'm sure their are factors I'm not taking in account. BBTS seems to cater to people who are less savy about where to get the best deal, which is fine, but I'm going to save as much money as I Can. For $50 bucks I could get a Super Robot Chogokin Toy or save up for something else.

But to your point of domestic vs international., these toys aren't MADE in japan anymore, so they have to be imported to them too for sale.

Most of them are made in Southeast Asia or China now.

Japan and Korea are really just design houses these days.

Yes but there is a difference, when say you order from Hasbro a US company they import the items and then distribute them. So you pay shipping around the US.

Medicom is not a US company so you pay to import it here from there and then pay for shipping around the US. It is not the same beast.

Could US companies sell it for less sure, but they would be making much less and make it harder for them to continue to bring over more product. If you dont want to pay the mark up dont no one is forcing you. They are merely offering another option to people who dont like to import or whatever. IMO it is not unjustified what they ask most of the time. Sometimes it is a huge mark up and thats due to how hard it is to get too but thats an entire other issue.

Gakken85
05-24-2013, 02:39 PM
BBTS is better than Ebay, I'll give you that.
Anyway, Mine is preordered :D

momaw
05-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Anyone know somewhere with PO's still open for Unit 2 at a decent price with fair international shipping (I'm in Australia). Been hoping Amiami will reopen PO's...

Ordered Unit 1 from Anime Island. Hopefully it will ship in the next week.

wlvn
05-25-2013, 11:23 AM
They should have made unit 00 first. With unit 08 beta being under Eva 3.0 license, it looks like Medi won't be doing unit 00 anymore. :(

Siona
05-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Or as exclusive for the upcoming Wonder Festival :P, they can still make the 00, 08 Beta is certainly to concur with the 3.33 Bluray release.

2 pics of my EVA01

http://uppix.net/0/b/8/09a83584caf834330685f5c74a6ab.jpg
http://uppix.net/4/4/a/8398f37f241341287eea87a2fcb41.jpg

Gakken85
05-25-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't understand your point. I think they just wanted to try something different.

Nice pics Zinoa!

Siona
05-26-2013, 02:28 AM
Thanks.
Also one for the Awakening.

http://uppix.net/6/b/4/3ca76af6ba8c126e9739025bbcea8.jpg (http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/713936&ref=item%3A141673)

Gakken85
05-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Cool! Hope you didn't get them dirty :D

Gakken85
05-29-2013, 10:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1ACZOb2.jpg

I hope Medicom makes one of these :D

Monger
05-29-2013, 04:27 PM
I don't. It looks terrible.

Empir3
05-31-2013, 05:55 PM
I really like all eva designs lol. i hope they do all the variations TBH.

momaw
06-03-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't. It looks terrible.

After unit zero, I'm fine with whatever they do.

Siona
06-20-2013, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1ACZOb2.jpg

I hope Medicom makes one of these :D

Well that happened :).
http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/06/20-01.html

http://uppix.net/uHOXKZ.jpg
http://uppix.net/1FYCdO.jpg
http://uppix.net/dMEQF2.jpg

Kibagami
06-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Well that happened :).
http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/06/20-01.html

http://uppix.net/uHOXKZ.jpg
http://uppix.net/1FYCdO.jpg
http://uppix.net/dMEQF2.jpg

Damn, this is nice.

Empir3
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
OOO want ! And they are making a new Mari. Im in for both!

Gakken85
06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Woot! Just got a pre-order for the 02 unit for $180!

Stoked.

Gakken85
06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Damn, this is nice.

Is that an upgrade pack? or a whole new version?

Siona
06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Is that an upgrade pack? or a whole new version?
New fig.

EVA-00 is coming (I smell exclusive...)

http://uppix.net/xCjL7z.jpg

Empir3
06-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Woot! Just got a pre-order for the 02 unit for $180!

Stoked.

Wow where thats a great price ><

New fig.

EVA-00 is coming (I smell exclusive...)

http://uppix.net/xCjL7z.jpg

NEED that unit 00

Gakken85
06-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Dat articulation.

Want!

My friend hates that they turned it yellow from blue but I dig the color :D

wlvn
06-25-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/WI/upimage/0624_rah0gouki2678_01.jpg

http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/1/170/7948.html

Medicom, why make it so limited??? :gah:

Empir3
06-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Well **** I need to find a better way of getting this one then i did the awakened

Empir3
06-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Unit 00 up for order here http://www.toywiz.com/rahunit00.html

And the Wonderfest Asuka Here http://www.toywiz.com/rahasuka.html

More on that Asuka here http://www.tomopop.com/medicom-shows-off-their-wonfes-exclusive-rah-asuka-30920.phtml

Monger
06-25-2013, 11:45 AM
That Asuka is so cute with the hat and coat alongside the pouty face :)

Empir3
06-25-2013, 12:10 PM
That Asuka is so cute with the hat and coat alongside the pouty face :)

Really digging both

ironwez20
06-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Thank goodness I don't collect the Eva's I only collect the characters. I have shinji and asuka and now I need rei and the others .

wlvn
06-25-2013, 08:33 PM
I just hope I'd be able to get the unit-00 locally at retail price. I don't understand why Medicom decided to make it an exclusive. They should have just made the unit-02'y the exclusive one as it's the more "irrelevant" fig of the two.

Gakken85
06-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Wow.. You can almost get a Awakening version of 01 for that price.. and that's a pre-order.

Why Toywiz? haha

hmmm. **** it. I went ahead and pre-ordered. You won't get it any cheaper. Apparently it's a summer wonderfest exclusive.

I'm glad I don't collect the dolls. Robos before Hoes! haha

Siona
06-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Ain't robos ! :P

And yep that 00 should have be a regular release and a 00 post-pillar (maybe blue) to be the exclusive one but it's not... :monkey2

Gakken85
06-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Alien cyborgs before hoes doesn't sound as good.

momaw
06-27-2013, 04:37 AM
Unit 00 up for order here http://www.toywiz.com/rahunit00.html

And the Wonderfest Asuka Here http://www.toywiz.com/rahasuka.html

More on that Asuka here http://www.tomopop.com/medicom-shows-off-their-wonfes-exclusive-rah-asuka-30920.phtml

Anime Island has it for cheaper than Toywiz if that helps.

http://www.anime-island.com/products/evangelion-3-0-eva-unit-00-rah-action-figure-you-can-not-redo-wonder-festival-2013.html

Just ordered one myself. Can't vouch for the store yet as I'm still waiting for my Unit 1 which is apparently in the second batch.

momaw
06-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Just got my unit 2 from Amiami :yess: Now I just need my unit 1 to ship :gah:

Gakken85
06-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Anime Island has it for cheaper than Toywiz if that helps.

http://www.anime-island.com/products/evangelion-3-0-eva-unit-00-rah-action-figure-you-can-not-redo-wonder-festival-2013.html

Just ordered one myself. Can't vouch for the store yet as I'm still waiting for my Unit 1 which is apparently in the second batch.

I've bought from Toywiz before. I bought a Votoms piece from them. They shipped fast and packed the item well.

Ah, My 02 is on Backorder as I grabbed a pre-order when it opened back up last week

momaw
06-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Ah, My 02 is on Backorder as I grabbed a pre-order when it opened back up last week

Guess I shouldn't mention that's when I placed my order also for 02. :monkey3

wlvn
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Still no words from my local dealer about the unit 00. :gah: I just want my big 4 and be done with this line.

Empir3
06-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Still no words from my local dealer about the unit 00. :gah: I just want my big 4 and be done with this line.

Its a wonderfest EX do they normally get very limited stuff?

Centrocal
06-28-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.toy-world.com.hk/maga/fk/03_2008/fk_044.jpg
http://www.toy-world.com.hk/maga/fk/03_2008/fk_045.jpg
http://www.toy-world.com.hk/maga/fk/03_2008/fk_048.jpg

http://fhc.twgogo.org/forum/data/attachment/forum/201306/23/072024vfdcgp0d80olof0c.jpg

http://fhc.twgogo.org/forum/data/attachment/forum/201306/23/072009bm7ythtzrtytlgv6.jpg

Gakken85
06-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Guess I shouldn't mention that's when I placed my order also for 02. :monkey3

Mention away.
Mine is actually with HLJ and not AmiAmi. So that's why.

It's 40-50 bucks cheaper too haha.

My 01 Looks awesome in my Detolf :nana:

wlvn
06-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Its a wonderfest EX do they normally get very limited stuff?

I honestly don't know. :lol I only buy Medicom stuffs from them anyway. Though I did get my Shadowmoon Wonder Fest exclusive from them 6-7 months after its release. So I'm hoping they would have no problem getting the 00. :pray:

momaw
06-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Mention away.
Mine is actually with HLJ and not AmiAmi. So that's why.

It's 40-50 bucks cheaper too haha.

My 01 Looks awesome in my Detolf :nana:

You win. But looking at the shipping prices others have quoted compared to what I paid, I may have made that loss back.

Still can't figure for the life of me why Unit 0 is an exclusive. Surely the 3 main units should be more widely available with the variants being a little harder to find.

I like the look of the 3.0 Unit 2 but I'm sticking with the regular version. Will prob skip Mari's as well and just have 1, 2 and 0.

Femtech
06-29-2013, 12:39 AM
wlvn, your avatar is possibly the greatest avatar I have ever seen.

wlvn
06-29-2013, 01:38 AM
Thanks Femtech, not my work though. Found it on the net. Props to the original maker whoever he/she is. :clap

momaw
06-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Some pics.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1268_zpsa205bd78.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1264_zps4d3f309a.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1266_zpsc2402191.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1270_zpse3952d60.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1271_zps5d409f07.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1273_zps81da4e12.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1277_zps847dc3f2.jpg

wlvn
06-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Congratulations!!! :clap

Can't wait to get mine too. :yess:

Femtech
06-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Thank you for the pics, momaw! :( I really hope my WL converts. Do you happen to have Kaneda's bike, momaw? If so, how deep is Nigouki's red compared to the bike's? Thx!

Empir3
06-29-2013, 02:24 PM
You win. But looking at the shipping prices others have quoted compared to what I paid, I may have made that loss back.

Still can't figure for the life of me why Unit 0 is an exclusive. Surely the 3 main units should be more widely available with the variants being a little harder to find.

I like the look of the 3.0 Unit 2 but I'm sticking with the regular version. Will prob skip Mari's as well and just have 1, 2 and 0.

The Robot Spirits 00 was an exclusive too. It sucks my fav unit keeps becoming the hardest to get

Empir3
06-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Some pics.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1268_zpsa205bd78.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1264_zps4d3f309a.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1266_zpsc2402191.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1270_zpse3952d60.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1271_zps5d409f07.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1273_zps81da4e12.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1277_zps847dc3f2.jpg

So what do you think of it? I heard its better quality and heavier then the 01. Mine should be here soon ><

momaw
06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you for the pics, momaw! :( I really hope my WL converts. Do you happen to have Kaneda's bike, momaw? If so, how deep is Nigouki's red compared to the bike's? Thx!

Unfortunately I don't have Kaneda's bike.

So what do you think of it? I heard its better quality and heavier then the 01. Mine should be here soon ><

Can't compare to Unit 1 as I don't have mine yet, but I love it. It's not very heavy (can't imagine 1 being lighter). The finishes on it are fantastic. This is the Eva figure I've been waiting years for.

Femtech
06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
If you get the chance to explore 02's accessories, you'll post pics, right? :pray: 'Have to live through you on this one, mang-go. :duff

Empir3
06-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately I don't have Kaneda's bike.

Can't compare to Unit 1 as I don't have mine yet, but I love it. It's not very heavy (can't imagine 1 being lighter). The finishes on it are fantastic. This is the Eva figure I've been waiting years for.

Good to know the 01 is very light IMO so i cant wait to mess around with unit 02

Siona
07-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Received EVA-02 today, stunning !
The red is all glossy and gorgeous, very good work by Medicom.

http://uppix.net/COqkCi.jpg
http://uppix.net/QzMIDp.jpg
http://uppix.net/6AwwIY.jpg

Kibagami
07-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow, awesome. :D

blue devil
07-10-2013, 05:46 PM
That looks great Siona.

I just shipped mine so hopefully I get to enjoy mine soon.

wlvn
07-10-2013, 09:42 PM
TFS Siona. Great pics.

ChrisM
07-11-2013, 04:58 AM
These look great. If they didn't put out exclusive figures that are "key", I'd start collecting them.

krec9
07-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Received EVA-02 today, stunning !
The red is all glossy and gorgeous, very good work by Medicom.

http://uppix.net/COqkCi.jpg
http://uppix.net/QzMIDp.jpg
http://uppix.net/6AwwIY.jpg

awesome photos .

wlvn
07-13-2013, 09:30 AM
My Unit-01 and Unit-02. Still praying I'd be able to get the 00. :pray:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7336/9275272251_9203e21388_c.jpg

PS. Sorry about the crappy phone pic. :lol

wlvn
07-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Any suggestion for good children/pilot figures to accompany these evas?

I don't like the Medicom ones as they are too big for my taste and are also very expensive.

What do guys think about the Revoltech ones? I like the scale but how's the quality?

I'm also looking at gashapons as they are the closest possible to the actual scale of pilot-eva available right now.

blue devil
07-21-2013, 12:41 AM
My pick for pilots would be the figmas.

Good luck on 00. I'm also trying to get one.

wlvn
07-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Yeah, they still haven't released it in Japan so my local dealer still can't say if they'll be able to get it for me. :(

Problem with Revo and Figma is that so far both haven't released Shinji. :slap

ChrisM
07-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Since the 'correct' scale would make them about 1/4 of an inch, I'd go for the Figmas with the entry plug chair.

momaw
07-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Yay, My unit 1 finally shipped from anime Island. Now I just have to wait for my Unit 0 and the gang will be together.

wlvn
07-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Hi momaw, is your 01 the 1st release or re-issue?

momaw
07-27-2013, 05:41 PM

I won't know until it arrives. The description included the AT field but it could be wrong. I'll let you know.

wlvn
07-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks momaw. I hope it does arrive with the AT field. :hi5:

Taken earlier today by one of our local resellers from Wonderfest. :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/534766_627962937222362_243136220_n.jpg

Gakken85
07-28-2013, 03:57 PM
My proxy buyer said the wonderfest 00 sold out in about a minute.

Good thing I have a back-up

clot501517
07-28-2013, 04:11 PM
As much as I luv Evangelion I don't really like the green strips on the new version. I would love it if they did an original variant of this figure, that would definitely be an instant buy from me!

Monger
07-28-2013, 05:02 PM
End of Evangelion Eva 02 design >>>>>>>> All other Eva designs

Come on Medicom make it happen!

momaw
07-29-2013, 06:00 AM
My proxy buyer said the wonderfest 00 sold out in about a minute.

Good thing I have a back-up

Wow. There were only 100 for Wonderfest though and 500 for online. I snagged one of those online ones (assuming nothing goes wrong with their stock allocation).

Gakken85
07-29-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm talking about the online sale.

Gakken85
07-30-2013, 10:21 PM
How can you tell if your 01 is a re-issue or a original?

momaw
07-31-2013, 05:26 AM
How can you tell if your 01 is a re-issue or a original?

First release came with an AT field.

wlvn
07-31-2013, 06:37 AM
First release came with an AT field.

Yep, but how true is that? Maybe Medicom decided to include the AT field on the reissue anyway. :rotfl

Some pics of the 00 I found. :monkey2

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Siona1374642139.jpeg

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/161165#tab/official/date/8/1

Gakken85
07-31-2013, 11:27 AM
I haven't seen any 01's WITHOUT the AT field. haha

momaw
08-02-2013, 01:58 AM

Looks like a first release.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/ADE3B98E-6A54-4431-99F6-97B07E576207-30765-00001A8CF46D6B93_zps864f66b6.jpg?t=1375432915

I haven't seen any 01's WITHOUT the AT field. haha

As you can see from the pic above, the AT Field is supposed to be limited edition and the marketing material from Medicon said only the initial release would have the AT Field. That said, I'm not convinced there has been a second release which would mean you are right and they all have the AT Field. I'm not sure they sold in high enough quantities to warrant a second issue looking at how few people report ownership on various boards around the net. I don't buy much Medicom so maybe someone else can comment as to how often they re-issue items once sold out.

momaw
08-03-2013, 04:26 AM
I've had a chance to play with my new Unit 1 and have some thoughts (and heaps of pictures) on Unit 1 and Unit 2 differences.

As was mentioned by another poster, Unit 1 is light. Unit 2 is a little heavier. By contrast the box for Unit 1 is heavier than Unit 2.

Regarding the box, when I opened up Unit 1 I was disappointed to find it was not a window box like Unit 2. But then I opened the box and found a second one inside which was a window box. So it seems Unit 1 has a standard box and then for the first run limited edition it is double boxed with the extra pieces. Unit 2 just had the single window box which has limited edition plastered all over it. This to me lends credence to the idea that there will be no re-issues after the first run as Medicom has given up the packaging style from Unit 1 which was clearly intended to cater for an initial limited release and then a standard release.

I think the build quality on Unit 2 is better. It feels more solid in the joints. Likewise the paint on Unit 2 has a glossier and more natural feel. I think they have got some of the colour into the plastic on Unit 2 rather than just painting it as Unit 1 is. Looking at pics of Unit 0, it seems to have the more matt finish of Unit 1 rather than the gloss of Unit 2 so they may be going back to that style of painting. I also find the wrist pegs on both to be a little loose.

All up though, they are fantastic and go well together. While pricey I think they are the best representation of the Eva's so far and while I enjoy my smaller scale Eva', you really want these to be big and the Medicoms are.

Now, pictures.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1293_zpsc36d8c21.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1298_zpsdc6011bb.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1299_zps58420351.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1303_zpsad071fd3.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1307_zpsb0c4525c.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1308_zpsb9da1805.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1311_zps44d448d6.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1312_zps1f6f62a9.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1313_zps1dd9bff2.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1314_zps38aef26d.jpg

momaw
08-03-2013, 04:27 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1315_zps9c09fbe5.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1316_zpsd0cf5c68.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1318_zpseba54122.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1319_zps8eddc7b9.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1320_zps32a3088a.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1321_zps41019f91.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/IMG_1322_zps26734416.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/IMG_1317_zps94f7b278.jpg

Siona
08-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Received 00 today and it's good, quality is like 01, have some weird seams on the feet but overall it's ok (nm the seams it on all of them :p).
02 is still better with the glossy finish but that's because Asuka need the most beautiful EVA ^^.

http://uppix.net/Fhvbdg.jpg

Wah
08-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Received 00 today and it's good, quality is like 01, have some weird seams on the feet but overall it's ok.
02 is still better with the glossy finish but that's because Asuka need the most beautiful EVA ^^.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Gakken85
08-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Did you get it straight from wondercon or live in China?
I have a preorder for one but it's not until oct.
Which is fine, I have a ton of **** to buy haha

Siona
08-07-2013, 01:35 PM
It's one from the Wonderfest.

ghilbertit
08-07-2013, 02:02 PM
wonderfull... i'm waiting my preorder from Anime island... any words when it will be avaible?

momaw
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
wonderfull... i'm waiting my preorder from Anime island... any words when it will be avaible?

I paid the rest of my anime island unit 0 off yesterday and was given an eta of 15 September to ship out.

ghilbertit
08-08-2013, 03:31 AM
they haven't send me the payment request... how can i pay the rest?

wlvn
08-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Received 00 today and it's good, quality is like 01, have some weird seams on the feet but overall it's ok (nm the seams it on all of them :p).

So jealous of you right now. I'm still having trouble finding one locally. Congrats to you buddy.

momaw
08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
they haven't send me the payment request... how can i pay the rest?

I asked them to pay off the remainder now.

Siona
08-09-2013, 12:39 AM
So jealous of you right now. I'm still having trouble finding one locally. Congrats to you buddy.

A little group shot
http://uppix.net/lich4K.jpg

momaw
08-09-2013, 04:03 AM

A little group shot

That

is

awesome

Can't wait to get mine and have the whole gang together. Just need a giant Sahaquiel for 0 and 1 to hold up while 2 plays stabby stabby.

Wah
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM

A little group shot

dude, that is sooo EPIC! great shot!

abake
08-09-2013, 03:34 PM
The level of epicness of that group shot is, well, epic.

Gakken85
08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Nice one!
Can't wait to get my 00 and 02! haha

wlvn
08-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Finally!!! Was able to score one from my HK trip these past few days. :yess:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3722/9487853264_642f42b7c4_z.jpg

@Siona

Great shot! :clap

Siona
08-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks all and congrats for the 00 wlvn ! :)

momaw
08-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Finally!!! Was able to score one from my HK trip these past few days. :yess:

Congrats. I seriously love these Eva's. Although they are too pricey to extend to the variants or Mari's unit for me. But those three main Eva's..... beautiful.

On a side note, I always found the head of Unit 0 to be very Macros inspired. The pose on the box really reinforces that to me.

wlvn
08-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks Siona and momaw. :1-1:

I was so happy that I was finally able to get this figure but my happiness was quickly overshadowed by disappointment as I was checking my 00 tonight. :(

The joint on the left foot of my 00 felt really loose so I checked what was wrong and found out that the screw that should be holding the foot to the peg was missing. :(

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5545/9496047988_6ee608f1d4_z.jpg

Now I don't know if contacting Medicom customer service would be of any help? Would you guys know? :dunno

urutoraseven
08-12-2013, 10:24 AM
For just a screw, take the other screw from the other leg out and get a similar one at a hardware store.

Gakken85
08-12-2013, 03:45 PM
That sucks.
are the boxes any smaller?

wlvn
08-13-2013, 09:08 AM
For just a screw, take the other screw from the other leg out and get a similar one at a hardware store.

This is easier said than done as the screws Medicom uses for their figures are so tiny that most hardware stores don't sell them. :thud:

That sucks.
are the boxes any smaller?

Box of 00 is the same size with the 02.

Gakken85
08-13-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm talking about 01 box size comparison.

wlvn
08-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Yup, the box of 00 is smaller compared to the 01's.

Gakken85
08-13-2013, 08:51 PM
cool. That thing is so massive haha. Still on Backorder for 02.

ghilbertit
08-16-2013, 07:08 AM
my display... waiting for my 00 to arrive from anime island end of september (long waiting...)http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg523/ghilbertit/DSCF8087_zpsa4d059ad.jpg^_^

Biojex
08-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have the Shinji in school uniform figure? I was thinking about picking him up. Any thoughts on him?

Gakken85
08-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Still waiting on the restock from HLJ. Pretty sure it's been 6 weeks already haha, but can't beat that price.

ironwez20
08-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have the Shinji in school uniform figure? I was thinking about picking him up. Any thoughts on him?

The medicom one. I have him. He's a good figure to pose with the rest and also very skinny and comes with earbuds. Be gentle with him tho. He feels very light. He's a good figure tho.

momaw
08-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Still waiting on the restock from HLJ. Pretty sure it's been 6 weeks already haha, but can't beat that price.

Is that for Unit 2 or 1?

Gakken85
08-30-2013, 10:12 PM
2. unit 3 won't ship until oct. I think haha

Biojex
08-31-2013, 06:37 AM
The medicom one. I have him. He's a good figure to pose with the rest and also very skinny and comes with earbuds. Be gentle with him tho. He feels very light. He's a good figure tho.

Yeah, that's the one. I saw him at a comic shop recently and he looked pretty good. He's super cheap on Amazon right now, so I think I'll get him.

wlvn
08-31-2013, 10:23 AM
To those who have the evas, I'm just wondering how durable the rubber arms and the inner fabric suit of these figs. I'm afraid of posing mine in action stances, i.e., crouching and shooting, because it might deteriorate the rubber or fabric in the long run. So I'm just curious, how do you pose yours?

wlvn
09-04-2013, 06:00 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2856/9672916282_f7cefcb431_z.jpg

Just wanna share this guys.

My replacement foot for my unit 00 has finally arrived today. :yess:

This was after long delays with our Customs. :slap As for Medicom's Customer Support, they sent out a replacement foot via FedEx international priority with just a few exchange of emails. Talk about excellent after sales service! :clap

momaw
09-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Very nice wlvn. Glad it worked out for you.

wlvn
09-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks momaw. ;)

momaw
09-06-2013, 03:45 AM
For those that missed out on a Unit 0, there's a Unit 9 coming.

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Siona1378358160.jpeg

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Siona1378358162.jpeg

July 2014 at 24,800

boomix
09-06-2013, 08:09 AM
so glad they're continuing this line, cant wait to see 13

wlvn
09-10-2013, 06:22 AM
For those that missed out on a Unit 0, there's a Unit 9 coming.

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Siona1378358160.jpeg

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Siona1378358162.jpeg

July 2014 at 24,800

The legs look weird. :dunno but the included scythe looks amazing. :clap

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Siona1378709117.jpeg

momaw
09-11-2013, 04:08 AM
The legs look weird. :dunno but the included scythe looks amazing. :clap

Yeah I'm not a fan of the 3.0 stubby legs.

Sevreed
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't know if they will try 13. It would require a new base torso and extra set of arms at the very least. I would like to see some original series eva units. Maybe even anima?

Siona
09-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Really like that Mark.9, the scyth is cool and good to see the moveable eye.

For EVA-13 I could see a regular release for the 2arms and exclusive for the 4arms.

wlvn
09-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Though I'll be only getting the four main Evas, I would love to see a mark 9 adams' vessel and an Eva 13 with four arms get made.

Pendragon
09-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi guys, where can I buy these figures? Thanks.

momaw
09-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi guys, where can I buy these figures? Thanks.

Units 0, 1 and 2 are pretty much sold out at retail level. Unit 2 (Gamma) and Unit 8 (Beta) are available for preorder at most places.

Gakken85
09-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Finally getting my 00 unit this week.

Got him for $312 shipped. Excited about it.
Still waiting on my 02 backorder, unfortunately.

A_Locomotive
09-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey guys. So just was wondering if someone could give me some input on these. I'm a huge Evangelion fan so these are really damn alluring! I was just wondering how durable they are and if the rubber coated arms hold up or if there are any common problems or anything. Its a lot of money and I'm doing my best right now to sell some stuff over on some other boards to buy. I'm thinking I may order EVA-01, was thinking I'd go with the EVA-02 Gamma, get a preorder on amiami but 01 is just such a classic its hard to resist. Speaking of 01 anyone experience any horn breaks? Thats the piece other then the rubber I'd be most worried about. Anyway thanks for the imput and if anyone can point me to the best place to order 01 that would be much appreciated. :)

wlvn
09-21-2013, 10:27 PM
So far mine has no problem. I have my doubts too on the rubber arms over time that's why I don't pose them in "extreme" action poses. With the horn, just remember to always secure the fig with the stand that comes with it to avoid accidental falling and you should be fine. :)

momaw
09-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Hey guys. So just was wondering if someone could give me some input on these. I'm a huge Evangelion fan so these are really damn alluring! I was just wondering how durable they are and if the rubber coated arms hold up or if there are any common problems or anything. Its a lot of money and I'm doing my best right now to sell some stuff over on some other boards to buy. I'm thinking I may order EVA-01, was thinking I'd go with the EVA-02 Gamma, get a preorder on amiami but 01 is just such a classic its hard to resist. Speaking of 01 anyone experience any horn breaks? Thats the piece other then the rubber I'd be most worried about. Anyway thanks for the imput and if anyone can point me to the best place to order 01 that would be much appreciated. :)

Unless you luck out at a bricks and mortar I'd say ebay is the only place left for Unit 1.

Gakken85
09-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Got a payment request for the 02 unit from HLJ.

Can't beat $180 bucks :D

Gakken85
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Got this guy today! Should be doing a video review sometime this afternoon :D
http://i.imgur.com/qawBCN7l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BXxISQJl.jpg

wlvn
09-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Congratulations! :clap

Gakken85
09-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Here is my video review:

http://youtu.be/DyWOf_wdmEw

rikitiki
09-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Great review! I've got both 01 and 02 and should be getting 00 early next week. Although everyone says that the 02 has better QC than the 01, I find that the 01 has a generally more solid feel than my 02. My 02's knees are a little looser than my 01's, and the joint on the right thigh that allows it to rotate is a little loose, so much so that it gets a little tough in posing it without the right leg rotating out and making the whole thing take a face plant. The rubber covering on the arms scare me. Every time I bend the arms at the elbow, a little bit of moisture (?) comes out of the crease. Weirdest thing. It's probably oil from the rubber being squeezed out as pressure is applied to it. Takes the joy out of leaving it in fun poses :(

Edit: My first post!

Gakken85
09-26-2013, 05:58 PM
That's weird Rikitiki - What's the heat situation in your place?

One thing I don't like about the 00 is that it doesn't have a knife hand to hold the knife from the 01... that's really annoying. haha. It actually has 10 hands, where the 01 has 12.

rikitiki
09-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I live in SoCal and I don't generally leave the Evas near any heat source. Gakken85, let me know if you ever experience this. It happens to both my 01 and 02. Even if I leave the elbows bent for about 5 minutes or so, the area where the rubber creases starts to get a bit shiny from the grease-like substance.

Bummer about the lack of a knife with 00! I was hoping to give one of 02's knives to 00, but it doesn't even sound like they provide the knife hands.

A_Locomotive
09-29-2013, 12:51 PM
So my EVA-01 arrived today. Have some questions regarding QC, I want to know if all this is normal or if I got a derp one. Firstly is it normal for the toe portion of the foot to be so loose? Mine are loose enough that I would never trust them to support any weight, they feel almost loose enough to move by blowing on them. Is there anyway to tighten these up or if I contacted medicom would it be parts they could fix? Second is it normal for the torso armor sections to not line up properly? On mine the upper most purple piece, right below the black diamond is noticeably off center. Also wondering if the, for lack of better term, butt plate is supposed to move around. Mine is kinda floppy. There are also some light scuffs on a few places on the armor and the longest of the 3 entry plugs is warped. :( Other then those issue it looks killer, just not sure how to display him, definitely won't fit in my detolf at full height.

wlvn
09-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Regarding the foot problem, try to pull the foot out and see if it is screwed to the peg. My 00's right foot was also very loose when I first got it then when I tried to pull out the foot, that was when I found out that it was missing a screw.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5545/9496047988_6ee608f1d4_z.jpg

A_Locomotive
09-30-2013, 09:38 AM
The ankles on mine aren't all that loose, one is a little looser the other but not dramatically. The parts that are lose are the toes themselves. If I balanced him in a position where the weight was slightly forward he would faceplant as the toe articulation is ultra loose.

rikitiki
09-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, the "toes", or the articulated part of the feet, are a little loose on my 01 and 02 (02's a little tighter but not by a whole lot). My solution was to stick a little bit of blue tack in the inside bottom of the toes so the two parts of the articulated foot stay together. The whole thing will still tilt over if you don't properly align the toy with its center of gravity because of the relatively small feet. But my non-permanent solution helps with the balance.

With regards to the purple torso piece below the chest, it's center on mine. Have you tried gently nudging into place? I wouldn't force it though! One thing to look out for is the plating around the waist/crotch area. Try not to grip it in that area when you move the hip joints as you might crack the glue that holds the pieces together. I would grip the entire body instead. They seemed to have fixed this in the 02 version.

The "butt piece" is connected to the internal rubber/cloth suit and is not connected to the figure itself. You're fine there.

A_Locomotive
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
That was the very first thing I tried. I though perhaps the torsos had articulation up that high and it was just twisted but as far as I can tell there is none. :/
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn16/Nahtscato/IMAG0150_zps0c2dbb56.jpg