UPDATE 2 yoda broken See page 5 .rots yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well if it wasn't for this new nerdy hottie I've been talking to I'd be completely bummed. I bought a life size pepsi rots yoda off of ebay and it came with no box and in heavy bubble wrap. Needless to say as heavy as it was, it's pretty much ga:gah:rbage. The arm is screwed up and shattered. I didn't even want to finish opening it up cause I could tell something was broken in the back as well. What are your guys experiences with ebay buyer protection? 1000 bucks of garbage....

The first image is how it was packaged.

IMG_20120606_203514.jpg

IMG_20120607_150700.jpg

IMG_20120607_150708.jpg

IMG_20120607_150716.jpg

IMG_20120607_150724.jpg

IMG_20120607_150732.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bought pepsi yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

That sucks. At least you've got the hot nerd.

I don't want to even contact the seller as he was such an idiot, he was asking me to call him to teach him how to print out labels. He writes in all caps and abbreviates things in run on sentences.

At least he separates the words.

You should just go straight to filing a PayPal claim. Don't bother with him.

At least he separates the words.

You should just go straight to filing a PayPal claim. Don't bother with him.

He didn't always do that even.

Yeah, put this totally back on the inexperienced seller. You shouldn't have to pay for his lack of common sense. You'd think something like that and he would have used a crate and a professional shipping/packaging company.

Question: How much did you pay for shipping and was it insured?

Yeah, put this totally back on the inexperienced seller. You shouldn't have to pay for his lack of common sense. You'd think something like that and he would have used a crate and a professional shipping/packaging company.

Question: How much did you pay for shipping and was it insured?

Shipping was only 50 bucks. The seller said shipping for him was in truth 167.i have no idea if it was insured but would guess not. He had a positive feedback score of like 8 but told me after the sale it was his first time.

Since I knew the item was heavy, and that it would never ship for 50 bucks from even usps or ups, I like the ass I am, figured shipping was mostly included in the price.

Last edited:

It's his responsibility to get it to you in one piece, no matter what you paid for shipping. If it wasn't insured, that's his problem.

I buy lots of really expensive pieces and they usually ship from ups or usps and are packaged insanely well in something called a box with packing peanuts ......never really had a problem. My collection is on this site and so wanted to post an update.....:monkey4

Re: Bought pepsi rots yoda life size off ebay and it came destroyed.

My condolences. That's easily the best prequel Yoda out there.

Good luck getting your money back. :duff

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for letting me vent. I guess I'll just use the resolution center tomorrow as its down now for maintenance. This was my star wars grail piece... Damn... Thanks again.

I don't want to even contact the seller as he was such an idiot, he was asking me to call him to teach him how to print out labels. He writes in all caps and abbreviates things in run on sentences.

He didn't always do that even.

So many people here do this. It's so frustrating.

Ebay will always side with a buyer who has paid for the item. That guy is about to get a hard lesson.

File the claim,
Paypal will refund you the cost of the item and the shipping cost,
I presume it's listed as havng buyer protection

Kindest regards
Tys

Does PayPal still freeze seller accounts for high priced sales until the customer has confirmed receipt?

Does PayPal still freeze seller accounts for high priced sales until the customer has confirmed receipt?

As far as I know yes, it won't give the seller his money unless 45 days pass the time you must file a buyer protection claim in or until the buyer leaves positive feedback.

Back