SDCC suggestions/help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadleysdad

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a little advice. This year will be my first time attending comicon and I'm wondering if any vets out there know some good booths/vendors that are there on an annual basis to score some deals on hot toys and sideshow items, aside from the sideshow booth obviously. Posting here in marvel since its my main interest... Thanks for any help fellow freaks!! :hi5:

in my experience, the words "SDCC","Hot Toys", and "deals" are not spoken within the same breath.

Yeah, there are no deals to be had at SDCC. Expect ebay prices on everything.

:exactly:

Take Exclusive A, readily available at Mattel's booth for $20. A couple hundred feet away, at random Comic Shop Guy's booth, Exclusive A can be yours for a mere $65!

It's a little too "savvy" a crowd for any real deals. Unless, of course, you're in the market for some 90's McFarlane or POTF2 figures.

Yeah, anything that's worth anything will be marked up even higher than eBay prices. Vendors are banking on people with money to burn at the con and I very rarely find a good deal. Do your homework ahead of time to check out what you want and what the current online prices are. Chances are you can get it for cheaper that way and not have to carry anything around the convention.

I took a decent amount of money on my second trip in 2010, but I brought a lot of it home and just purchased what I wanted online (other than exclusives) because the vendor prices were not good.

And Sunday evening right before the con closes is really the only time to get a deal. Most venders will knock a few bucks off just so they don't have to pack it up and take it back home. But other than that, there really isn't any deals to be had on items people actually want.

Yeah, maybe Sunday as was said you can find something but other than that nada.

Go to Eejit's booth at the far end of the con, booth 4237. He has the best deals and say you're a personal friend of Akmed and he'll hook you up.

Maybe I should rephrase, not good deals, but the best vendors to go for hot toys/sideshow in general

You'll see that stuff all over the con floor but very few exclusive or mostly 1/6 scale guys. As a matter of fact, those are the guys you want to steer clear of!

Most booths I've seen selling HTs are grossly over priced. They're like at the high end of feebay prices cause the SDCC booths are apparently very expensive so few dealers are willing to cut you some slack save for $5 - $10 bucks here or there depending on the figure you're looking for.

Its worth looking but if you're gonna buy there, the only benefit is inspecting it before you actually spend your cash.

Back