What is the Best Comic You Are Reading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
I collect:

Punisher
Incredible Hulk
Wolverine
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing Spider-man
Spawn
Batman: The Dark Knight
Detective Comics Batman
Batman
Green Lantern
Catwoman

Best:
Incredible Hulk (Has been great since #1)
Wolverine and the X-Men (Has been great since #1)
Detective Comics Batman (is great)

Honorable Mention:
Wolverine is getting really good with the new story arc

Downward Slip:
Catwoman was amazing for the first 5 or so issues. Now it's a bit worse.

Worst:
Spawn is so bad I don't even read it. I just collect it because I own Spawn #1 to current.

Walking dead and invincible.both by kirkman.I'm really looking foward to the hitgirl spinoff coming soon.

To hard to pick. Walking Dead Invincible Saga and Morning Glories are all incredible.

Best books right now in no particular order are Snyder's Batman and Vaughn's Saga. Brubaker's Cap gets an honorable mention, though is on the downward slide IMO.

I mostly read and re-read older stuff, and right now I'm reading Crisis on Infinite Earths. It is good. Anyone who hasn't read it, and is only familiar with derivative junk like Infinite Crisis, are doing themselves a disservice by not reading it.

Currently the top five I'm reading would be Saucer Country Vertigo, Wonder Woman DC, The Sixth Gun Oni, The Shadow Dynamite and Fairest Vertigo.

I notice lot of folks liking Saga, so far I'm not enjoying it anywhere as much as Y the last man or ex-machina, hoping it picks up.

Evan

I'll put Incredible Hulk on my list. Love the dynamic Aaron has going on. Perfect for a monthly 'where-has-banner-gone-now?' comic story line.

picked up Millar's new book, SUPER CROOKS, and would absolutely recommend it!

What is the story of the comic Y? What is the story of the comic Saga and who makes them?

Both are written by Brian K Vaughan.

I'll keep it short... Y the Last Man was a 5 year run about a young man who is basically the last man left alive and it's equal parts comedy, suspense and drama. It has a strong cohesive storyline with excellent characters. One of the best things about the series it didn't fall into the heavy cliches that most last man on earth surrounded by females falls into. Brian kept the writing smart and off hand I think he won an Eisner award for it. It was drawn by Pia Guerra, whose a pretty good artist in her own right.

Saga is his latest comic, it's put out by Image and I think it's on issue 3 or 4 now. It's part space opera, part something else, it's too early to tell. It's drawn/painted by Fiona Staples.

So far it hasn't grabbed me like his previous two comic series but it's early.

Evan

Back