how to keep dust out of my detolfs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
003.JPG

LOL...

Home depot sells them it was like 2 to 3 bucks a pack. One pack is enough to do one detolf with just a bit left over. But make sure you get both sides along with the top and bottom and you will see a difference.

Correct, sticky tape weather strips, make sure to stick them as close to the door as possible, you can always put a little piece first then close the door to see if any gaps are left. I'm not sure how others did this part: But for the side where the door is hinged on, I had to remove the door first to apply the strip, maybe others have another way, but I couldn't squeeze in to apply it straight without removing the door. Good luck.

You can buy weather stripping that already comes with sticky stuff on one side that you can then stick to the glass around the doors. I did this to the three sides of the doorway on all my detolfs, and it works beautifully.

Just make sure you buy the thin type (mine are only about 6mm wide), and be careful to ensure the door can still close properly (done put the strip too close to the edge). If you do it right, most people dont even really notice it unless you tell them.

I actually end up using two different thicknesses as the one on the hinge side is much bigger which I also closed up. The door opens and closes with a bit of "bounce" to hop over the foam but I rather keep it as dust fee as possible ;)

used black foam sticky weather stuff on my billybookcases worked a treat but what color did you guys use for the detolf ? Is it noticeable?

Back