PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

RebelArt
10-28-2012, 10:21 PM
:exactly: :lecture :lecture :goodpost:

Yes, but as someone who has also seen and handled the original props, I would like Sideshow to give said props the attention to detail, authenticity, and RESPECT they deserve, at the prices they are asking. Its not a crime to want more for what we are paying. And yes, we are paying a LOT.

Now, please shaddap and agree to disagree and stop hammering us with your opinion, thanks. We are all Star Wars fans here, no?

Now, back to why we are really here:

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/Darth-Vader-Behind-The-Scenes-Sideshow_1340029962.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/Darth-Vader-Sideshow_1339698539.jpg

^^ agreed ^^

pixletwin
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Has nothing to do with eyesight, it just means some of us are not as **** about every millimeter being perfect. And let me break the bad news to everyone but I bet every Vader helmet used in the movies had something different with it so there is no such thing as a standard Vader helmet.

Also we know this figure won't be specific to anyone one movie. It's a hybrid. So trying to compare and calling it inaccurate is futile since we already know it isn't intended to be accurate to any one Vader.

Get that strait and maybe some of you folks will actually enjoy this piece instead of making it feel like you are wasting money you have not even spent yet. :D

Niltusk
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
The funny thing about these people ranting about my comments (Star Puffs and whatever that dudes name was)... I don't care that people want a better helmet, more detail, etc... I was talking about people trolling threads in general, not people with actual objective issues with a product. Makes you wonder when a generalized comment hits home like that though.

My thought is if you like it... good, if you don't... good, either way, the final vote is made with your wallet. :duff

venturluni
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I want the helmet to be right more so than the rest and more so than the head underneath to me it what everyone (certainly myself) first look at on a figure. That's why "I" think its important to get it correct over everything else. Don't get me wrong I would like it all to be perfect but can live with the rest not quite right. I saw a video when they were making Boba Fett and they said about the multiple helmets being made to get it right. You would think that the sculptures would look at this and see its not quite right. That last teaser pic is terrible. I can't understand how they would have taken shots of it and someone said "that's the one, that will sell it". It's awful in terms of a picture to makes people think "I'm going to buy that" the head, at least, looks like its stuck on the should (well, slight exaggeration).

Too Much Garlic
10-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Also we know this figure won't be specific to anyone one movie. It's a hybrid. So trying to compare and calling it inaccurate is futile since we already know it isn't intended to be accurate to any one Vader.

Get that strait and maybe some of you folks will actually enjoy this piece instead of making it feel like you are wasting money you have not even spent yet. :D

The ESB and RotJ dome are quite similar. The RotJ just cleaned up a bit more, idealized and with the widows peak detail filled in that was partly left on the ESB from the ANH dome. They are all quite similar in shape and overall details, whereas minor differences stand the three apart. It is not in areas where the domes differ that the Sideshow dome is wrong - it is in the areas that they all share in common: overall shape and proportions.

I mentioned an easy fix earlier that the Sideshow modeler could perform to make the dome have a more accurate shape - it won't be perfect, but it will make it acceptable. So little seems to be needed to fix it, but it will make quite a difference.

pixletwin
10-29-2012, 07:51 AM
I wonder why they don't just do it then.

Too Much Garlic
10-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Well, they are having a delay on things right now, right? Maybe they are, now that they have been made aware of the easy fix!?!!

Of course, I would think they should take that time to also completely fix the face mask, or more importantly the eye shape, but that's just me.

Wor-Gar
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
It's too bad they couldn't get this done for preorder now with all the extra Luke Bespin hype.

But Alex said "sometime" in 2013 so it doesn't even look close. Therefore, perhaps they are indeed making adjustments and what we've been seeing are simply bashes and prototypes.

Batty
10-29-2012, 08:29 AM
It's too bad they couldn't get this done for preorder now with all the extra Luke Bespin hype.

But Alex said "sometime" in 2013 so it doesn't even look close. Therefore, perhaps they are indeed making adjustments and what we've been seeing are simply bashes and prototypes.

Actually, I think she said Grievous was sometime in 2013 and Vader was in the "near future." Not sure if that means this year or not.

Wor-Gar
10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Actually, I think she said Grievous was sometime in 2013 and Vader was in the "near future." Not sure if that means this year or not.

You are right. So there's hope that it is still to be preordered this year. Fact is though, we won't have it in hand until well into 2013.

Batty
10-29-2012, 10:30 AM
You are right. So there's hope that it is still to be preordered this year. Fact is though, we won't have it in hand until well into 2013.

Yeah, at least with a pre-order there something to look forward to. On the other hand, with Grievous... :(

shockwave
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM
ANH Vader was released in July 2009 (2nd quarter)? I'm guessing the same will be done for the new Vader.

I tend to guess from time to time and I'm usually wrong....:slap

:lol

rnbuda
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
The longer they wait may indicate they're making some small changes.

abake
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
The longer they wait may indicate they're making some small changes.

Well, they took their sweet time with the first Vader and we all know how that turned out.
Still, this latest photo is obviously very far from an actual finished prototype from the looks of it (it looks photoshopped), so I'll just wait for official pics before giving it much thought.

zeiss
10-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Sadly, the dome isn't the only issue. Sideshow really needs to fix the mouth grill and the eyes as well. However, if they just fix the dome that will make a huge difference.

swsqueakquels
10-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Sadly, the dome isn't the only issue. Sideshow really needs to fix the mouth grill and the eyes as well. However, if they just fix the dome that will make a huge difference.

Yeah, as I posted earlier, I think it's mostly a too-small nose and the vertical height of the eyes that are the other two things holding this sculpt back (other than the dome.)

The eyes aren't that big of a deal because the brow line of the helmet disguises it a bit, but the too-small nose makes the triangle grill noticeably too large, throwing off the face proportions.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g466/customspics2011/Vader3.png

koolkollectibleskhai
10-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Yeah, as I posted earlier, I think it's mostly a too-small nose and the vertical height of the eyes that are the other two things holding this sculpt back (other than the dome.)

The eyes aren't that big of a deal because the brow line of the helmet disguises it a bit, but the too-small nose makes the triangle grill noticeably too large, throwing off the face proportions.

Damn, dont show me that!!!! I was really looking forward to this figure!!!! :gah:

chRd
10-30-2012, 05:19 AM

yup said it before as well. apart from the flair, it's the eyes.

abake
10-30-2012, 08:01 AM
You know, screw the artistic hand... they should just scan the originals (if there are any left) and get it over with.

jedijim3002
10-30-2012, 08:27 AM
I'd really like to see a side by side of the exclusive Luke/Vader head next to this and the original. Maybe HT got the dome right and the proportions.

Lejuan
10-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Bumpin' out the Lucas threads baby! :rock

Too Much Garlic
10-30-2012, 03:25 PM
I'd really like to see a side by side of the exclusive Luke/Vader head next to this and the original. Maybe HT got the dome right and the proportions.

To me it honestly just looks like HT used the Sideshow helmet and cut it up. There's certainly no better proportions on that one.

krieg-der-sterne
10-30-2012, 03:49 PM

is it really THAT hard to get a result like the right pic???:dunno

Matt S
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
You know, screw the artistic hand... they should just scan the originals (if there are any left) and get it over with.

If it means a screen accurate Vader, oh hell yes

demorathis
10-31-2012, 06:37 PM
The thing is lucasfilm has the 3d files of vaders helmet, which is what cinemaquette utilized...I guess sideshow is just too proud to use scanned info....honestly it makes for a better vader and they should use it!!!

Matt S
10-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Sideshow should only care about the bottom line when pride comes into it: a perfect ESB Vader = awesome sales

abake
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
I'd think Sideshow's pride is taking quite a pounding with all the derision this helmet is being met with...

galactiboy
11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
They've heard it before... and still have sell-outs on their figures. People have screamed bloody murder for years about the ANH Vader; yet once it sold out it started demanding 2-3x retail.

DrQ2
11-01-2012, 07:52 AM
I'd think Sideshow's pride is taking quite a pounding with all the derision this helmet is being met with...

Only if they don't sell out their stock. Say what you want. I just not going to kid myself. When it goes up for po I will buy it. Not only pay for it but do two happy dances.

DrQ2
11-01-2012, 07:56 AM
They've heard it before... and still have sell-outs on their figures. People have screamed bloody murder for years about the ANH Vader; yet once it sold out it started demanding 2-3x retail.

See, still i just dont see the problem. It's like anything now a days. If you don't say yes to everything. They don't let you in. As long as people keep hitting the yes button why change?

galactiboy
11-01-2012, 09:06 AM
See, still i just dont see the problem. It's like anything now a days. If you don't say yes to everything. They don't let you in. As long as people keep hitting the yes button why change?

Exactly... and I honestly think that Sideshow is committed to quality, but they are aware of the the bottom line and making the licensers happy. So if they keep selling and just have to deal with a bit of nerd rage then the wheels keep spinning :lol

abake
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't think I will PO this one. Will have to wait for a thorough in-hand review before committing.
My fave Vader has always been ANH, so this figure would have to be freaking perfect to make me order it.

DrQ2
11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Exactly... and I honestly think that Sideshow is committed to quality, but they are aware of the the bottom line and making the licensers happy. So if they keep selling and just have to deal with a bit of nerd rage then the wheels keep spinning :lol

Love your tag gif :yess:

DrQ2
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't think I will PO this one. Will have to wait for a thorough in-hand review before committing.
My fave Vader has always been ANH, so this figure would have to be freaking perfect to make me order it.

Tell you what I will do. I will order two of these when they go on Po. When they sell out in a hour. I will sell you the right to buy it at a cost of....

Kuzeh
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
I do not mind an idealized version of Vader that borrows from different movies... but get the dome right...
I mean, Habro, Gentle Giant, Medicom, Hot Toys, Cinemaquette, Attakus, etc. can get it right, why not Sideshow? :dunno

Black Magic
11-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I do not mind an idealized version of Vader that borrows from different movies... but get the dome right...
I mean, Habro, Gentle Giant, Medicom, Hot Toys, Cinemaquette, Attakus, etc. can get it right, why not Sideshow? :dunno

If they get it perfect the first time, no one will buy the same thing when the re-release hits. Just like the ANH-- Lots o people baught it, lots of them will buy this too, for the "upgrades."

DrQ2
11-01-2012, 10:40 AM

I guess, but all I want is a bloody vader 1/6. I have to say if last year I would have seen the white vader 1/1 that ssc was selling it would have bought it. I would have even bought or try to my the screen used one. Helmet but they didn't have it there that day.

I have ever 3.75 vader made from him as a little boy till the ghost vader. But no 1/6. I still think Obi Wan is more evil then vader.

gothamcityboy
11-01-2012, 10:41 AM

You bring me down mate.. I really have big expectation in this figure

pixletwin
11-01-2012, 10:45 AM
If I got a figure with the dome looking as it does on the left I would be just fine, happy, and excited to get it.

Rorywan
11-01-2012, 11:17 AM

Good comparison, Damn it, that just makes me sad, I didn't realise just how far off it was. I knew the grill looked wrong as well as the eyes but hadn't pinpointed what exactly.
Did they even look at reference of his helmet in Empire?:(

I guess most of us are gonna buy it anyway.

abake
11-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Tell you what I will do. I will order two of these when they go on Po. When they sell out in a hour. I will sell you the right to buy it at a cost of....

Deal! :hi5: :1-1:

marker2037
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Ah crap I really wish I hadn't seen this. I'm not TOO much of a stickler with details about the helmet and such. But now that I've seen this I'm a little :monkey2 that we can't get the sculpt to look like the pic on the right.

I dome being off I can live with since it was a pretty easy fix on ANH Vader, but now that I see how off the rest is I'm certainly disheartened.

abake
11-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I know, it's quite amazing just how many things are totally off in the face as well.

marker2037
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
It really is.

mrclean08
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Good comparison, Damn it, that just makes me sad, I didn't realise just how far off it was. I knew the grill looked wrong as well as the eyes but hadn't pinpointed what exactly.
Did they even look at reference of his helmet in Empire?:(

I guess most of us are gonna buy it anyway.

Do you guys see HT eventually making a Vader?

marker2037
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Not any time soon. It's Sideshows' cash cow until the distant future whenthey decide they've had enough and let Hot Toys make one.

highlander1
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I have the 1st sideshow vader plan on ordering 2 so have my 3 fight scene dio's anh ,empire and rotj and hopefully that will be enough until final hot toys vader gets done ....but could see myself grabbing a medicom sometime maybe .......it never ends.

Darth Mangler
11-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Is this going up for PO soon?

DrQ2
11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Is this going up for PO soon?

No, ssc is just going to keep showing it to us. Till everyone gives in and said it's the best vader out there. Then they will only put out 100 of them and see who is left standing. After we fight over them. Oh, 90 of them will be sold on ebay.

Two years ago Amazon has the Watchmen Owl ship set for $14.99. I got one, sold out in 3 seconds.

Really I think some time in 2013.

Matt S
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Based on what they've shown us of Vader redux, I am just not in a rush to get this one - I'd much rather get a Tie Pilot, At-At Driver, and/or Biker Scout first anyway

pixletwin
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah I am really anxious for a biker scout. I have a speeder bike that has been waiting for him for years.

Centurion
11-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Ah crap I really wish I hadn't seen this. I'm not TOO much of a stickler with details about the helmet and such. But now that I've seen this I'm a little :monkey2 that we can't get the sculpt to look like the pic on the right.

I dome being off I can live with since it was a pretty easy fix on ANH Vader, but now that I see how off the rest is I'm certainly disheartened.Right. Way too many slats on the mouth grill, small triangle under the chin, and the Sleestak eyes. :slap

Niltusk
11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Right. Way too many slats on the mouth grill, small triangle under the chin, and the Sleestak eyes. :slap

Almost makes you think they threw a little concept Vader in the mix.

Centurion
11-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Off topics, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0a5FoQW9Hw&feature=related

Matt S
11-03-2012, 06:58 AM
I remember that vid - good stuff!

VintijDroidGutzz
11-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah I am really anxious for a biker scout.
My fave OT trooper, & a must have on my 1/6 SW figure list. :lecture

rnbuda
11-03-2012, 10:31 AM
That video is great!

rageous
11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Does the head look a little off centre? It looks shifted to the figure's left, turned towards the camera, but it's also creating a bit of a gap between the neck and the shoulder armour. It could just be a little perspective trickery due to posing.. but I'm more conerned with gaps of this size created by posing over the curvature of the dome or grill design.

Lejuan
11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Does the head look a little off centre? It looks shifted to the figure's left, turned towards the camera, but it's also creating a bit of a gap between the neck and the shoulder armour. It could just be a little perspective trickery due to posing.. but I'm more conerned with gaps of this size created by posing over the curvature of the dome or grill design.

I wouldn't worry.

pixletwin
11-03-2012, 03:53 PM

Relax. Vader is not assembled on that pic.

Batty
11-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I would worry and panic! :panic:

devilof76
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
And cuss!!! :cuss

rnbuda
11-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Last night going thru all my old toys I found my 1:6 Hasbro Vader! Don't need to buy a dome when I have my own!

Jango56031
11-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Relax. Vader is not assembled on that pic.

Just a quick question. If he isn't ready for photos why piece it together and give everyone something to complain about? I know we are all anxious for the pre order or any news but if the product isn't ready it just isn't ready. Better to wait and send out a quality photo rather than have to deal with all the negativity coming from a bad pieced together photo. I just don't get it.

pixletwin
11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
It was just a teaser. If a person can't look at that pic and not take it for what it is and instead freak out all over their keyboard well.... Maybe someone at sideshow likes to set us on edge. :lol

rageous
11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I agree. I feel like the figure is coming along nicely. Dome curvature, grill formation etc. are minor nitpicks, and for peeps to pass on this figure so far before the preorder even starts is pretty hasty.

Soon enough this will probably turn into the batman dx12 thread. Honestly. 9000+ posts and so much of it is complaining over promo and proto pics

Rzeznikk
11-04-2012, 10:07 AM
I agree. I feel like the figure is coming along nicely. Dome curvature, grill formation etc. are minor nitpicks, and for peeps to pass on this figure so far before the preorder even starts is pretty hasty.

Soon enough this will probably turn into the batman dx12 thread. Honestly. 9000+ posts and so much of it is complaining over promo and proto pics

This is the will of the force. :lecture

DrQ2
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Just a quick question. If he isn't ready for photos why piece it together and give everyone something to complain about? I know we are all anxious for the pre order or any news but if the product isn't ready it just isn't ready. Better to wait and send out a quality photo rather than have to deal with all the negativity coming from a bad pieced together photo. I just don't get it.

Well I am watching the 2nd season of 24. I think its a plot. Not sure, but I think it has to do with some of us having to much time on our hands. I could be wrong but Jack is working on it. I will get back to you.

highlander1
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w436/sith248/darthvadergantry.jpg
NOT sure which vader this is ? i think medicom's but thought was funny pic that was on fb earlier....

jedijim3002
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Holy crap! That looks amazing! Is that medicom? I can't really tell.

Wake
11-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Holy crap! That looks amazing! Is that medicom? I can't really tell.

Has to be... i would think

Craig77
11-05-2012, 01:09 PM
NOT sure which vader this is ? i think medicom's but thought was funny pic that was on fb earlier....

That looks like the medicom ver 2.0 body, looking at the hand, glove seperation. The face sculpt looks different...maybe better. Wondering if this is the ssc sculpt??? I know this is stated as FB but what FB site?

galactiboy
11-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I assume that is also the Medicom sculpt... if it were Sideshow it would likely look a bit large on the body.

Matt S
11-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Even Medicom can nail helmet/dome proportions! Sideshow: catch up!!!

highlander1
11-05-2012, 01:24 PM
ITS FROM Beast kingdom fb toy site it doesnt say anything more on to which vader but pretty sure medicom 2.0 version.....

Wake
11-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Even Medicom can nail helmet/dome proportions! Sideshow: catch up!!!

Medicom heads are in direct proportion to TINY medicom bodies though.

Centurion
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM

Nice! Great idea. :lol

rnbuda
11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
That's awesome!

It'd be better if the lower jaw section of Vader's helmet was already on the body and not connected to the rest of the helmet.

jkno
11-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Nice image!!

noisetrigger
11-06-2012, 04:20 AM
That's the Medicom Vader 2.0

Wake is right though, this head is only proportionate to Medicom bodies which are thinner and smaller overall.

When you compare the head to a HT head, you can tell it is about 20% too small.

OutLander
11-06-2012, 09:00 AM
That's awesome!

It'd be better if the lower jaw section of Vader's helmet was already on the body and not connected to the rest of the helmet.

:exactly: That would really rock! Great pic anyways.

jedijim3002
11-06-2012, 12:53 PM
That's the Medicom Vader 2.0

Wake is right though, this head is only proportionate to Medicom bodies which are thinner and smaller overall.

When you compare the head to a HT head, you can tell it is about 20% too small.

It all depends on what head you use though. For shorter characters like Luke or Bruce Lee they are the right scale.

Medicoms problem is they don't scale all their endeavors against each other. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/a9u8umeq.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/rege9yju.jpg

I've always found Medi and HT heads were about the same size for certain characters. SS has always had really big heads.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/u3ydy4ag.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/2y4y5etu.jpg

Matt S
11-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Proof Harrison Ford is impossible to capture in this scale, from either SSC or HT - both have their issues; at least HT is to scale

Johnny Utah
11-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Except when Trevor Grove sculpts him. He's the Da Vinci of Ford.

HT's Indy could have received the kudos Keaton gets if only they had gotten him to sculpt it, combined with JC's paint.

Darkseed
11-06-2012, 04:48 PM
SS has always had really big heads.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/2y4y5etu.jpg

You can say this again, dayumn! I have Tusken on shelf by Dx Luke and it looks goofy the SS sculpt is so ...BIG :-)

jedijim3002
11-06-2012, 08:55 PM
They have gotten better, smaller, but are still scaled a little big for my taste. You would think the raider would be a good scale cause the head is wrapped up. Can you post a pic of the two next to each other?

Wake
11-06-2012, 09:53 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/u3ydy4ag.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/07/2y4y5etu.jpg

THIS IS SO DEPRESSING. Amazingly the archaic Han sculpt looks 20x more like ford than the HT one. Wow it's really bad.

cokebabies
11-06-2012, 10:06 PM
THIS IS SO DEPRESSING. Amazingly the archaic Han sculpt looks 20x more like ford than the HT one. Wow it's really bad.

Especially because it's a jarring transition. First pic, hat down - not too bad, but not great. Second pic - AAAAAAAHHH!!

Mr Walker
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM

Yeah, well I wasn't one of them before, and won't be one of them now. Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

pixletwin
11-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah, well I wasn't one of them before, and won't be one of them now. Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

:lol:lol:lol

Rodan
11-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Proof Harrison Ford is impossible to capture in this scale, from either SSC or HT - both have their issues; at least HT is to scale

I think it can be made... look at this "unleashed han solo" from HASBRO

http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw03unlhansolofront.jpg

It's smaller than 1/6, but the sculp is great!

Johnny Utah
11-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Those figures were great back then. I had Dooku as well as Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS.

devilof76
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
The AOTC Kenobi was excellent as well.

Rodan
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
yes, those are great, and not expensive.
vader is really well done too.

Valfar
11-07-2012, 03:07 PM

I still have mine and even that pic does no justice.My favorite Unleashead figures in the collection though would have to be Han, EPIII Obi vs Ani and EPIII Yoda vs Palpatine...Boba looked nice but, i passed on it too many times and lost interest in the line.

shockwave
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Hey how did Han get into this thread.....:monkey3

:wink1:

kl241
11-07-2012, 05:57 PM

Still have mine but the rubbery ramp struts are bendy from the gravity and Solo keeps leaning to one side from the foot peg. The Unleashed were probably the best and most artistic figures Hasbro ever did. The line was really inspired. Miss it.

Jango56031
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM

agreed. Time to get back on track

cokebabies
11-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Boy, it's lucky he had these compartments.

Alex Logan
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Those figures were great back then. I had Dooku as well as Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS.

They are STILL great! I have most of the art cards still in the package.

Too Much Garlic
11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Posted this in the SS ANH Vader thread, but seeing as they are making the new one apparently with the same inaccuracies left in place, it seemed fitting to post it here too.

They definitely should have done a little more work on the helmet. What I basically did was widening the dome crown and tilting the whole thing so it sits lower in the back. Then I pulled up the upper inner eye sockets where they connect with the nose bridge. Make the whiskers under the cheeks larger, and changed the shape at the upper edge of the cheeks, to give the whole thing some curves. It's not perfect, but it's a better representation of the helmet.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x177/NoHumorMan/Kits/Vader/th_IMG_4030.jpg (http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x177/NoHumorMan/Kits/Vader/IMG_4030.jpg)

These fixes, though won't make things 100% would make it so acceptable that it may even rival the Marmit helmet sculpt.

kl241
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
While widening the helmet does make it curvier and more correctly flared at the bottom, it seems you have stretched the top of the dome to make it look more squared off. I would suggest using the Hasbro dome as it looks much more accurate.

Too Much Garlic
11-09-2012, 04:07 AM
The Hasbro dome isn't too bad, but a bit too rounded at the crown, but better than my quick photoshop attempt from last night. Did a little tweaking to take away some of the squareness.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x177/NoHumorMan/Kits/Vader/th_IMG_4030-2.jpg (http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x177/NoHumorMan/Kits/Vader/IMG_4030-2.jpg)

Also widened the chin vent to reflect the ESB look.

Customikey
11-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Christ. I can't do this again. Wake me when we have more prod pics.

Hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
When is the pre-order for this supposed to be? Did I miss that announcement?

pixletwin
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
When is the pre-order for this supposed to be? Did I miss that announcement?

They haven't announced it yet. But I think most of us are assuming (based on info from SSC employees) that it will be either this month or sometime in December.

galactiboy
11-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Christ. I can't do this again. Wake me when we have more prod pics.

Welcome back :wave :lol

Customikey
11-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome back :wave :lol

Hmmm? What? Zzzzzzz.

:stick

Hollywood
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
They haven't announced it yet. But I think most of us are assuming (based on info from SSC employees) that it will be either this month or sometime in December.

Ahhh thanks! I didn't think an announcement went out yet.

CAhobbit
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM

*whispers*

Sometime in 2013...not in 2012.

-SideshowAlex

pixletwin
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
*whispers*

-SideshowAlex

Did you say we would be getting more info before the end of the year? I thought I remembered something like that. :lol

CAhobbit
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Did you say we would be getting more info before the end of the year? I thought I remembered something like that. :lol

I suppose this can be considered more info? :wink1:

I know...not what you were looking for, ha!

-SideshowAlex

pixletwin
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
*backs in to dark corner*
*slumps down to the ground*
*:monkey2*

galactiboy
11-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh well... one less thread to bother following for awhile. Nothing like striking when the iron is cold and covered in moss :lol

King Darkness
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Alex is so delightfully evil isn't she...:devil

pixletwin
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah in the future no teasers until its closer to PO time please. :mad:

*unsubcribed*

Mad Old Lu
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
:gah:

Oh well, see everyone next year! :(

barryo
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM

*unsubcribed*

what?..........and miss the next round of complete panic & freakouts?.........aw come on.........that's the best part.......:banana

King Darkness
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Marc is a party pooper.

barryo
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Marc is a party pooper.

he won't ever see that post king..........he "*unsubcribed*"........:(

which i assume is being somewhat akin to unsubscribed........only spelled differently.........:monkey3

pixletwin
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Marc is a party pooper.

How am I the party pooper? It's Miss Alex and her doom and gloom truthifying that has done dun dis thread in fur da nite. :pfft:

Unsubscribed.... No yet.... But it's coming.... Maybe before the end of the year.... or 2013. :moon

Wor-Gar
11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
*whispers*

-SideshowAlex

Ah-ha! That's what I thought based on your comment long ago and someone corrected me many pages back. I didn't think this was coming any time soon. Idle hope around here. Gets people every time and the followers just grab hold.

FLOSI
11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Dammit... this was not the kind of news I was hoping for when I clicked on this thread. :(

Is anyone else thinking of getting two of these, assuming they look good?

barryo
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Dammit... this was not the kind of news I was hoping for when I clicked on this thread. :(

yes............Always two there are, no more, no less.....:lecture

pixletwin
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Yup. One for ESB and One for RotJ.

FLOSI
11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
yes............Always two there are, no more, no less.....:lecture

Yup. One for ESB and One for RotJ.

Glad I'm not the only one. :lol

I mean, it is Darth F'n Vader... I'm not sure there's a character that's more important to me in terms of my collection.

cokebabies
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
On the (sort of) bright side, 2012 is less than two months to go. I don't know when in 2013 Alex was hinting at, but it might not be as far away as it initially seems.

Mad Old Lu
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM

I'll barely be able to justify getting another Vader since I already have the ANH version, so just one ESB/ROTJ for me!

Brinn 71
11-09-2012, 02:18 PM

I was going to get two; one for ESB, and one for ROTJ. And YES! Depending on how it looks. :pray:

Hollywood
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Am I missing something...........there is only 1 figure being released.....based on the photos it appears to be ROTJ, so what is this ESB difference that I keep reading? I know the costumes had some differences between the two films, but this is a ROTJ Vader......right?

teemu
11-09-2012, 03:52 PM

*unsubcribed*

Sideshow needs to do this going forward on ALL of their products

Baroness and Vader both were shown at SDCC (July) and their pre-orders go up next year 2013?

yeah enough teasing,because its bad enough that we have to wait another 9 months from pre-order on top of it just to have the figures in hand.

FLOSI
11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Am I missing something...........there is only 1 figure being released.....based on the photos it appears to be ROTJ, so what is this ESB difference that I keep reading? I know the costumes had some differences between the two films, but this is a ROTJ Vader......right?

One figure with an assortment of details and accessories that cover both ESB and ROTJ... A 2 in 1.

CAhobbit
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Sideshow needs to do this going forward on ALL of their products

Baroness and Vader both were shown at SDCC (July) and their pre-orders go up next year 2013?

yeah enough teasing,because its bad enough that we have to wait another 9 months from pre-order on top of it just to have the figures in hand.

We'll probably be doing teasers more and more for products. This is done to really give y'all a taste of things to come in the future (and we will hopefully have multiple updates inbetween an initial tease and actual Pre-Order) because we know y'all like to see what's coming down the pipeline.

The other reason of course...pure torture! We know the wait to Pre-Order can be pure torture on some of you! Muahahahahaha.

Seriously though....we just want to show off many future products with everyone. Unfortunately, even if an item makes its debut at Comic-Con it could still be going through some tweaks here and there before it can actually become available for Pre-Order.

-SideshowAlex

agen_kolar
11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
We'll probably be doing teasers more and more for products. This is done to really give y'all a taste of things to come in the future (and we will hopefully have multiple updates inbetween an initial tease and actual Pre-Order) because we know y'all like to see what's coming down the pipeline.

The other reason of course...pure torture! We know the wait to Pre-Order can be pure torture on some of you! Muahahahahaha.

Seriously though....we just want to show off many future products with everyone. Unfortunately, even if an item makes its debut at Comic-Con it could still be going through some tweaks here and there before it can actually become available for Pre-Order.

-SideshowAlex

On that topic, Alex, I have just one question...when will they preview the Max Rebo band? ;)

rnbuda
11-09-2012, 06:32 PM

-SideshowAlex

I don't mind it!

But the surprises in between are cool like the Pursuit of the Ark piece! Right out of nowhere and bam! :horror

RebelArt
11-09-2012, 06:37 PM

-SideshowAlex

Tweaks you say..? Like vader helmet widening tweaks? ;) seriously though, please.
Thank you

Darth Madden
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
*whispers*

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the update. Time to unsubscribe from this thread until Jan.. I can't take anymore of the complaining.

Khev
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alex, I for one really like knowing what's coming down the pipeline, even if it's a year or more away. Allows me to allocate funds and plan out a collection without preordering several things only to cancel them when some new surprise figure pops up out of the blue.

swsqueakquels
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM

-SideshowAlex

Just for laughs, calculate the time from first announcement of the PF C3PO and R2 to the date collectors will have them in-hand.

I'll give you a hint - you can nearly go from incoming Freshman to graduating Senior in about the same time. Muahahahahaha! Collect for Life!

On that topic, Alex, I have just one question...when will they preview the Max Rebo band? ;)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

SSC has hinted they come with a Mine Cart Environment.

And seriously, people are in a hurry to get this and don't want to give SSC more time to fix it...?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/101812_vader.jpg

devilof76
11-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Assuming that, definitely two.

It would be cool if that reveal helmet was the exclusive accessory. Only need one, and it would be nice to get the second figure cheaper from elsewhere.

Darkarn009
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Just for laughs, calculate the time from first announcement of the PF C3PO and R2 to the date collectors will have them in-hand.

I'll give you a hint - you can nearly go from incoming Freshman to graduating Senior in about the same time. Muahahahahaha! Collect for Life!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

SSC has hinted they come with a Mine Cart Environment.

And seriously, people are in a hurry to get this and don't want to give SSC more time to fix it...?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/prodblog/101812_vader.jpg
This good posting

DGTWoodward
11-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Well, thanks to those photos a few pages back (with the PS adjustments) I can now see what the dome issue is very clearly.

I had never really paid that much attention to it previously as I did not collect SW in 1/6 at all. At the time our preference was the SSC 007 line.

But even now, this is not such a huge problem to me. I want a decent DARTH VADER figure to go along with my Medicom DARTH MAUL and forthcoming OBI-WAN. If I can squeeze in a Bespin Luke DX I will, but ATM I have too many others figures on the boil.

So this will be my first and probably only DARTH VADER figure.

DrQ2
11-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Well, thanks to those photos a few pages back (with the PS adjustments) I can now see what the dome issue is very clearly.

I had never really paid that much attention to it previously as I did not collect SW in 1/6 at all. At the time our preference was the SSC 007 line.

But even now, this is not such a huge problem to me. I want a decent DARTH VADER figure to go along with my Medicom DARTH MAUL and forthcoming OBI-WAN. If I can squeeze in a Bespin Luke DX I will, but ATM I have too many others figures on the boil.

So this will be my first and probably only DARTH VADER figure.

What 007 line?

devilof76
11-10-2012, 07:00 AM
James Bond was one of their first 1:6 lines.

DrQ2
11-10-2012, 07:03 AM
James Bond was one of their first 1:6 lines.

Did not know that. Thanks. Where they any good?

King Darkness
11-10-2012, 07:04 AM
For their time, yes. By todays standards, not so much.

jedijim3002
11-10-2012, 07:29 AM
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz167/southernbelt/10-19-11-auctionfarm/xenia3.jpg?t=1320194035http://www.undergroundfigures.net/media/00/a20791a132219c3ce7575b_m.JPGhttp://di1-3.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/ec/b4/36/46480019-260x260-0-0_Sideshow+Collectibles+Jinx+12+Inch+Figure+From+J am.jpg
Have to agree with king.

DGTWoodward
11-10-2012, 01:32 PM
For their time, yes. By todays standards, not so much.

That is a particularly poor one, I'd say that their very best was from OHMSS

jedijim3002
11-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah there are some good ones. I just Lil showing the bad ones.

DGTWoodward
11-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah there are some good ones. I just Lil showing the bad ones.

Naughty person!

Here's a slightly better look at the range...

SideShow Collectibles 007 James Bond Archive Listing. (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/listing.php?show_hidden=1&layout=list&type=Sixth+Scale+Figure&exact=&search=&pricemin=&pricecap=&cat%5B%5D=James+Bond&startDate=&endDate=)

But, yep this Vader is for me alright. If he is half decent then I can overlook the inaccuracies. I am not quite as OCD with this as I might be with other things (one of the reasons I did not really get into collecting STAR WARS items...that and total number of figures in the range)

sithlord13
11-11-2012, 02:05 AM
I have the Ssc vader and I wil be buying the new old as well. Why? It's vader people.

jedijim3002
11-11-2012, 06:24 AM
I have the Ssc vader and I wil be buying the new old as well. Why? It's vader people.

If there are enough improvements to the original design like:
Reveal helmet instead of changeout head
Ankle articulation
Wrist articulation
Light up saber? Like OT Obi
Ill most Likely get this in addition to the ANH as well.

galactiboy
11-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm fine if they leave the wrists w/o articulation as long as there is a good assortment of hands that make up for that. I generally don't like the 2 part glove designs as they create an odd looking break at the wrist.

jedijim3002
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I do like my ANH version hands. I was thinking progress mostly. Especially with the improvements they've made on the new Obi. Also the glove hands on the medicom 2.0 look pretty decent. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do with this guy.

rageous
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I never had a vader figure before, so i don't have the best frame of reference, but shouldn't wrist and ankle articulation be a given? I mean honestly, if they don't have these basic features.. it basically becomes a really expensive 80's toy.

I'd prefer wrist articulation for sure as posability is a little higher on the list for me vs screen acuracy. However, I can overlook this with switch out gloved hands; but no ankle articulation would be a disaster and a deal breaker for this collector!

galactiboy
11-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I think this new one might have ankle articulation as that can be accomplished fairly easily with the design of the boot and shin pieces. But full wrist is difficult w/o making a 2 piece glove with an fabrick upper (wich can mean a mis-match look in materials) or a two piece hand and gaunlet which gives a break for the joint.

You still get a swivel joint on the ANH, and with the assortment of hands that seems sufficient IMO. I would like more ankle articulation though, not being able to be flat footed in every pose is a bit annoying given how big his feet are.

krieg-der-sterne
11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
the dome and overall head sculpt is the make or break thing in this deal .if they fail to get it 99% right,i will pass:mad:

jedijim3002
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
That's my feeling. ROTJ was always my favorite incarnation of Vader. If the head and helmet aren't right ill wait for HT.

Matt S
11-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Same here as well. Accurate helmet and dome or bust

OSCORP
11-13-2012, 06:00 PM
When is this due for PO?

qbomb71
11-13-2012, 07:50 PM
When is this due for PO?

Was hoping for Spooktacular. At this point, who knows?:dunno

All I know, is I need a Vader for my shelves bad. :impatient:

pixletwin
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
I am confident the PO will be sometime between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013. :lecture

Lejuan
11-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I am confident the PO will be sometime between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013. :lecture

Do you know someone in Hot Toys? How did you get this information?

SixthScaleEdward
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
SideshowAlex said 2013, earlier. Pixel assumes it will be the earliest possible date in 2013 :lol

Lejuan
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
^ yeh, I was just being a smartarse :lol

DrQ2
11-13-2012, 08:31 PM
When is this due for PO?

About the time start wars vii comes out.

Customikey
11-14-2012, 07:01 AM
About the time start wars vii comes out.

That's so weird and likely true.

Khonsu70
11-14-2012, 08:18 AM
When is this due for PO?

Oh, sometime after the PO for Grievous - and when I PO these, I'll feel like the coolest person in the retirement home! :yess:

DGTWoodward
11-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Oh, sometime after the PO for Grievous - and when I PO these, I'll feel like the coolest person in the retirement home! :yess:

I have left accredited notation for my great-great Grandson to PO this for me...

DrQ2
11-14-2012, 09:38 AM

That's it's, let's call the mouse. If there's a buck to be made he will make it. I am only 90 minutes from the happiest place on earth (also the best place to pickup drugs in OC).

SixthScaleEdward
11-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Just now..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/hntr/Miscellaneous/Picture1.png

Switching back to Vader coverphoto.. mean anything?

galactiboy
11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
I saw that... although I'm not getting my hopes up since the news we won't see a PO until 2013 :huh

SixthScaleEdward
11-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah, false alarm, SSC just commented,
"Don't worry you didn't miss out on our Darth Vader Sixth Scale figure :) It will be released sometime in 2013"

LOL

steveo
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm wondering if this is going to be the accurate Anakin ROTJ figure where Sebastian's Shaw's small frame is put into the Darth Vader costume creating a very loose fitting costume.

VASith
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah, false alarm, SSC just commented,
"Don't worry you didn't miss out on our Darth Vader Sixth Scale figure :) It will be released sometime in 2013"

LOL

Released next year but I bet we get to preorder before Christmas. :lecture

galactiboy
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
*whispers*

-SideshowAlex

Sorry to be the re-bearer of bad news... but no PO until 2013. Still may ship in the same year, but I'd not expect him in hand until late 2013.

SixthScaleEdward
11-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Late 2013's fine. At least, I'll be done paying for the Avengers by then.

pixletwin
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Winter 2013 preorder. Christmas 2013 in hand? :pray:

Wor-Gar
11-27-2012, 11:17 AM
They just keep torturing us with that. Wonder what the hold up could be on just POing the damn thing. Still gives them 9 months, and they could always delay.

Darth Waller
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Wor-Gar, I read your post and then I watched your signature. I can see Sideshow doing that to us right now. :lol

Wor-Gar
11-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Wor-Gar, I read your post and then I watched your signature. I can see Sideshow doing that to us right now. :lol

and Jack, do you think its funny? vvvvv

Wor-Gar
11-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Just checking to see if there's any news. I'll be getting Luke next week so my interest in finishing Vader has grown exponentially.

CaptnRex
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Winter 2013 preorder. Christmas 2013 in hand? :pray:

Geez, really? End of next year? The wait for these figures is crazy.

Matt S
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Works for me; really hoping they do a pretty serious rework from the proto.

SilentSurfer
11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Comic Con gets them all jacked up to show off upcoming stuff, even if it's still a ways to go in production. I painted the proto for Grievous before SDCC 2011, and that still isn't a preorder yet a full year and a half later. I understand how eager they get about showing stuff though. I got in trouble more than once being too eager to talk about what I was doing with them.

swsqueakquels
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Comic Con gets them all jacked up to show off upcoming stuff, even if it's still a ways to go in production. I painted the proto for Grievous before SDCC 2011, and that still isn't a preorder yet a full year and a half later. I understand how eager they get about showing stuff though. I got in trouble more than once being too eager to talk about what I was doing with them.

Seriously, I think some automobiles have shorter development times than SSC figures.

Customikey
12-03-2012, 07:46 PM
If the finished figure turns out beautifully, they can take as long as they like. I'll be here with my money. Er, my credit card.

CaptnRex
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Seriously, I think some automobiles have shorter development times than SSC figures.

Lol, I was thinking that the other day. :lol

batrodimus1985
12-05-2012, 08:41 AM
That is just evil on many levels. I'd buy whatever it is cause vader is awesome!

Jayrod88
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Come on SSC, I've been waiting on a Vader, and I won't pay the ebay price for the old version... Lets go...

MidnightClad
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Come on SSC, I've been waiting on a Vader, and I won't pay the ebay price for the old version... Lets go...

Yep any day now they can give us complete pics of the proto and start pre orders. Seems like vader has been teased for some time now without any actual proto picks just those hobbled together half old half new pics.

Jayrod88
12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I dont want Vader to turn into another Alien Queen Hive 3 year hype

Matt S
12-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I want my Vader with Feel Real Skin; anything less, and I'll hold out for the HT version in 2087

Jayrod88
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
I want the pre order next month, so I'll have 6 months to figure out how I'll pose him!! Would be nice if they included the circle window diorama, to put behind him and Palpatine! They said he's Deluxe, he's gotta come with aomething.

Matt S
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Deluxe in the sense of the 'ultimate ESB/ROTJ' version, me thinks

Weezer
01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Is SSC still working on this figure? Fix the problems and get it released.

MidnightClad
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Is SSC still working on this figure? Fix the problems and get it released.

Supposedly they are "working on it" but I wouldn't be surprised if they just continue teasing it until we all die of old age. But I assure you we will have a ESB Vader before we get our 1/6 landspeeder

OSCORP
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Is this coming out this year? Otherwise i'm buying the Medicom 2.0

kl241
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM

No pre-order yet and you know how long it takes to ship after that so I'm thinking end of year or probably next year.

devilof76
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM

Just buy it. I predict you will be happier with it in the end.

Hydeous
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM

Its shorter than HT Luke though? :dunno

Just buy it. I predict you will be happier with it in the end.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

OSCORP
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Its shorter than HT Luke though? :dunno

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

No it's not.

:slap

pixletwin
02-05-2013, 02:53 PM
February 15th Preorder?

Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader

jedijim3002
02-05-2013, 02:57 PM
^^ Could you repeat that?^^

pixletwin
02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
February 15th Preorder?

Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader

DrQ2
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Ya right. We started smoking this last May.

MidnightClad
02-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Every time I see a new post in this thread I get excited then let down with one click :lol

Hopefully we get a pre order that brings us vader this year :gah:

pixletwin
02-05-2013, 04:45 PM
....Hopefully we get a pre order On February 15ththat brings us vader this year :gah:

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

OSCORP
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Whats the 15th?

Dr. Odd
02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
It had better be the day we get a vader preorder!

Lordscum
02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
It had better be the day we get a vader preorder!

Guess we'll find out in Thursdays newsletter.

DGTWoodward
02-06-2013, 04:51 AM
February 15th Preorder?

I would guess that this is voiced in the style of the DARK KNIGHT RISES Bane chant...correct?

devilof76
02-06-2013, 04:53 AM
I heard it in Bugs Bunny's voice.

DGTWoodward
02-06-2013, 04:58 AM
I heard it in Bugs Bunny's voice.

Porky Pig's...?

devilof76
02-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Hmmmmmm...

Darth Vader
02-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Will preorder it whenever it goes up

pixletwin
02-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I would guess that this is voiced in the style of the DARK KNIGHT RISES Bane chant...correct?

It's a Conga line chant. Durrrrrr.

DGTWoodward
02-06-2013, 09:25 AM
It's a Conga line chant. Durrrrrr.

I knew that actually.

(Not really)

barryo
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
damn...........i thought it was set to "vader's march".

pixletwin
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
http://futurama-madhouse.net/fanart/immortal/extended_conga_line-2.jpg

shaggyfx
02-08-2013, 03:31 PM
which is better in your opinion, want one but only one, medicom or ssc vaders? which ones? 2.0? regular? i need advice on which to get:) thanks

OSCORP
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
All in the eye of the beholder. I would go with Medi's 2.0,(cheaper from amiami.com) and think it looks better on the shelf than SS's. Or you could wait till this one comes out and see. They both have pros and cons, and are both pretty good. Look at some pics and make a decision.

shocktrooper_au
02-08-2013, 04:16 PM
I'd go ssc, your going to have to mod/tweak

Weezer
02-14-2013, 06:20 PM
February 15th Preorder?

Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!! :vader Vader-Vader, VA-DER!!!

You forgot the MYTHOS part!:thud:

DrQ2
02-14-2013, 06:42 PM
You forgot the MYTHOS part!:thud:

Why am I not shocked about this. Its like here is a RibEye Stake, but we are going to give you some Chuck Over cooked Stake.

pixletwin
02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Wellllllllllllllll....

Dr. Odd
02-14-2013, 10:00 PM
So all this hype for the 15th was for the myths statue? :/

Jayrod88
02-14-2013, 10:03 PM
So the wait continues.... Well, I guess we will have him by the time episode 7 is out..

Darkarn009
02-15-2013, 01:57 AM
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened..."

King Darkness
02-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Wellllllllllllllll....

:lol:lol:lol

Eapo_q42
02-15-2013, 02:55 AM
Meanwhile, I just bought the Medicom 2.0 and moved on with life....

(It's marvelous, by the way)

Mr Walker
02-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Waiting for pics of finished product....

surforia
02-15-2013, 07:44 AM
So, is it still confirmed SS is making a 1/6 Vader figure (not statue)?

stshammgod
02-15-2013, 07:45 AM
They probably read this thread and saw all the "flaws" and went back to the drawing board....

King Darkness
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
They probably read this thread and loled and went to lunch....

galactiboy
02-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Sideshow is clearly ****ing with us :lol

I was pretty excited when I saw Vader in the title of yesterdays newsletter only to find a weak statue instead :monkey2

stshammgod
02-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Statue looks pretty cool, but then again, I don't collect statues...

pixletwin
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Statue looks pretty cool, but then again, I don't collect statues...

My sentiment exactly. It really does look cool. The swap out heads and arms are a nice touch... but I can do all that and more with the eventual 1:6 piece.

Sideshow needs to release another tease, but this time one that inspires praise and excitement rather than boring analysis.

swsqueakquels
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
So was there an imminent announcement on this fig expected? I thought someone said something about a newsletter mention of a preorder... oh well. Maybe I dreamed it.:dunno

This fig is going to compete with PF droids for longest time from announcement to in-hand.

DGTWoodward
02-16-2013, 02:50 AM
I am beginning to feel about this, the way I do about the HOT TOYS much promised but so far not even teased BATMAN RETURNS range of figures.

devilof76
02-16-2013, 02:51 AM
That you're going to wait until it gets revealed? Or that you're just going to give up and ignore it when it gets revealed?

King Darkness
02-16-2013, 03:01 AM
I'm gonna wait until its revealed then give up and ignore it.

DGTWoodward
02-16-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm gonna wait until its revealed then give up and ignore it.

:rotfl

I am beginning to lose interest. Simple as. For the Vader, I may just plump for the Medi 2.0 and I can easily be happy that the original '89 BAT came out so very well.

There are far to many other things that can take my time and money, rather than on two lines that are moving so slowly, they might as well be moving backwards.

DCFett
02-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Sideshow needs to release another tease, but this time one that inspires praise and excitement rather than boring analysis.

WORD! :exactly::goodpost:

Darth Fok
02-19-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm losing hope, I don't think this will ever happen

Mr Walker
02-19-2013, 01:02 AM

Yes, I agree. They need to release something accurate.

Kuzeh
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Nothing yet Sideshow?...

http://cdn.chud.com/2/28/288e5732_tumbleweed004gi3.gif

swsqueakquels
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Nothing yet Sideshow?...

Honestly, if they release what they have shown so far, they might as well put a brick in the SSC shipper. It'll get a similar response judging by the comments.

If we have to wait another year to get a 100% nailed DX Vader, it's time well spent...

Although just judging by the non-fixes (or too-little fixes) of things like the Snowtrooper hood and IG-88 head, I'm not really sure SSC listens to pre-release gripes.

Jayrod88
02-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I guess im part of a small demographic that went ****ing ape **** over the Vader shown at SDCC!!! I can't deal with the wait!
I can't nit pick at the figure. Looks like Vader to me, so I'll be a happy customer.

joda76
02-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Where the heck is this!!? I want the best Vader possible but damn SS, taking forever.

I think HT is waiting on the next figure to see how Luke does in the long run. Seems they may have made too many of them.