PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52

BrooklynWolf X
04-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Yeah I know, but I wanna take care of this as soon as possible...going through page after page looking for decent pics is gonna take a long time. Gonna be honest, I'm slightly panicking from this.

McHaleyArt
04-10-2014, 02:34 AM
Well my Vader is packed away and I've got to get back to work & get my son ready to go to school in a hour...so I think you can look through photos of Vader and find some good ones for your cause, unless someone who has it on display takes some more shots for you.
What about the other Helmet on the Reveal Head... is that damaged too?
Good luck to you.

BrooklynWolf X
04-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Well my Vader is packed away and I've got to get back to work & get my son ready to go to school in a hour...so I think you can look through photos of Vader and find some good ones for your cause, unless someone who has it on display takes some more shots for you.
What about the other Helmet on the Reveal Head... is that damaged too?
Good luck to you.

I'm actually sifting through the mod thread as we speak. But thanks again for the other two pics.

The dome for the reveal head has the same problem, only not as obvious. I wouldn't have minded so much if at least one helmet was perfect...but both?? Ugh.

momaw
04-10-2014, 04:34 AM
Not front on but does this help.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/momaw_photo/Collectables/P1131543_zps28880cc9.jpg

BrooklynWolf X
04-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Dude that's another great shot. Thanks a million man!

Right now I'm collecting as much as I could, from all angles. I really hope it'll help my case.

Pixelpiper
04-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Fellas, I need some help. My retailer received a reply from SSc in regards to vaders dome. Apparently they don't see any problems with it.

Put a red circle around the area that's damaged. They'll have no trouble seeing it then.

anwe
04-10-2014, 06:19 AM
They would have to be blind not to see it in those pictures, or they are looking on their iphone.

BrooklynWolf X
04-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Put a red circle around the area that's damaged. They'll have no trouble seeing it then.

Yeah you'd think that right? But nope. Circled in 4 different photos and they're like "we don't see the problem"

They would have to be blind not to see it in those pictures, or they are looking on their iphone.

Exactly what I thought!! I've collected and sent 7 photos from this very thread to them and enlarged each one. If they STILL don't see the issue...well, not much I can do but to say "eff them."

egel
04-10-2014, 07:45 AM
Received my Deluxe Vader today ('bout time!). Looks really good and I am happy to report no defects whatsoever. Looks like SS (or my retailer?) learned from the tusks debacle at release, look at the 2nd pic to see their solution. Looks kinda weird when opening the box, but it does the trick. :)

Put him next to my ANH Vader to compare and I can't really decide which I like better. The older Vader does have the Hasbro dome, Ifrognio robes and Deluxe hands, so not a stock comparison. Anyhow, the last pic will be this figure's permanent spot. Used the massive base to lift op Palps a bit. Now just waiting for my CC saber to arrive and my shelf will be complete!

http://i61.tinypic.com/2csfh5h.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/skuxde.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/1430t3b.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/zo9q3l.jpg

DeadFett
04-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Man I really need that Imperial Throne! Missed out twice on some decently priced ones on eBay. :slap

saunders45
04-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Yeah you'd think that right? But nope. Circled in 4 different photos and they're like "we don't see the problem"

Exactly what I thought!! I've collected and sent 7 photos from this very thread to them and enlarged each one. If they STILL don't see the issue...well, not much I can do but to say "eff them." Let me know what happens. If they won't play ball, I may be able to help you out.

BrooklynWolf X
04-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Let me know what happens. If they won't play ball, I may be able to help you out.

Will do. but um...how can you help? Do you have an extra dome?

IronZilmad
04-10-2014, 10:39 AM
It's a shame this new Vader don't have a light up lightsaber out of the box. :lecture

Really want to buy this one but without this feature, i'm really not sure...

Nice pics anyway.

Really sorry for your helmet Wolf X. :(

saunders45
04-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Will do. but um...how can you help? Do you have an extra dome?
I have a whole spare head. My original was missing tusks and SS sent me a replacement. They never asked for the old one back.

Pixelpiper
04-10-2014, 10:51 AM
It's a shame this new Vader don't have a light up lightsaber out of the box. :lecture

I'm not sure what difference it makes. Sideshow would only be able to produce something as good as I do, not better, and the price would be reflected in the final product - it would likely cost you more than just buying him and buying the lit saber aftermarket.

One of the benefits of going the aftermarket route is that you'll have, by comparison, a very unique finished piece that most others don't/won't have. Impress your fiends, send me a PM for details.

BrooklynWolf X
04-10-2014, 11:41 AM

Really want to buy this one but without this feature, i'm really not sure...

Nice pics anyway.

Really sorry for your helmet Wolf X. :(

Yeah I am too. When I received vader, I was soooo thrilled. Got a TTM20, did the swap...but then that messed up dome really hampered my enthusiasm. I got him laying in the box. I just can't bring myself to pose him yet, not until I can get this thing taken care of.

I have a whole spare head. My original was missing tusks and SS sent me a replacement. They never asked for the old one back.

Oh wow...dude, that'll be fantastic. Ill definitely let you know.

shocktrooper_au
04-10-2014, 03:44 PM
My setup for now

Dr. Odd
04-10-2014, 07:47 PM
That's awesome!:clap

IronZilmad
04-11-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure what difference it makes. Sideshow would only be able to produce something as good as I do, not better, and the price would be reflected in the final product - it would likely cost you more than just buying him and buying the lit saber aftermarket.

One of the benefits of going the aftermarket route is that you'll have, by comparison, a very unique finished piece that most others don't/won't have. Impress your fiends, send me a PM for details.

Thanks for your offer. I don't have any 1/6 Star Wars figure for now. Maybe this one, maybe later...

Anyway I think you give me an idea for my Jakks Pacific Vader but with a 30cm cathodes I can find in my country. ;)

momaw
04-11-2014, 01:28 AM
My setup for now

Just brilliant.

egel
04-11-2014, 08:18 AM
My setup for now

K, I am stealing that Vader pose. :)

Shooter
04-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Thats indeed a great looking setup.
I must find me a Emperor on throne very soon.:pray:

Darth Fok
04-11-2014, 09:49 AM
My setup for now

What kind of light fixture is that? is it battery operated?

jagzz
04-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Very nice set up "shocktrooper_au".. Amazing :clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadFett
04-11-2014, 10:33 AM
So I have an extra Malgus lightsaber since the original one came with the bottom knob broken and ssc sent me a replacement, how difficult would it be to swap out the the lightsaber blades from Malgus' to Vader? The only thing I dont like about the Vader fig is the ignited lightsaber and its color which almost seems pink. I prefer the deep red.

Pixelpiper
04-11-2014, 11:11 AM
The Vader blade pulls right out with a gentle twist. I just bought bunch of sabers this morning, Malgus, Grievous, Maul, ObiWan and a couple of others. Looking forward to checking out how much space each has for a blade. Going to light them all up.

shocktrooper_au
04-11-2014, 01:48 PM
That's awesome!:clap

Just brilliant.

K, I am stealing that Vader pose. :)

Thats indeed a great looking setup.
I must find me a Emperor on throne very soon.:pray:

What kind of light fixture is that? is it battery operated?
Not sure of the name , but yeah just battery operated, don't use very often

Very nice set up "shocktrooper_au".. Amazing :clap

Thanks for the compliments, very easy set up the window is just foam core cut to shape, had much bigger plans but this will do me for now

Anthrapoid
04-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Ok, I have reached my limit of tolerance for lacking a great light-up saber. It's 2014... the 'Hasbro years' are behind us. For me, the cathodes don't work; the metal knob at the tip kills it for me, even when it's partially disguised. What we all need, IMHO, is a micro-soldering wizard, and we will all finally have totally convincing SUPER-BRIGHT light sabers.
My proposal:
There are tiny chip LEDs which are even smaller than just a year ago, called 'pico' LEDs. Imagine if you will:
A series of pico LEDs soldered in a row, side-by-side, glued along the length of a rigid strip of circuit board 1/8th" wide x (length of saber), A single pico glued and soldered on the very tip, then another series running down the other side of the circuit board strip. Soldering them directly together would eliminate the need for multiple wires inside the saber; only two wires at the base. The main obstacle is, the + / - contacts on each LED would need to be micro-soldered together under controlled conditions.
(By the way- I spoke with someone who produces LEDs professionally, and he told me that these pico LEDs have 180° of VERY BRIGHT light projection- which means two rows back-to-back would produce 360° of consistently bright light around the entire diameter of the saber blade.)

The final step is the easiest: Fabricating a translucent light-diffusing hollow tube (with a rounded tip) into which the LED strip would be inserted. Actually, the tube may not need to be translucent, it could be totally transparent; the LED's are so bright, and so close together, that the human eye might not even be able to perceive the tiny unlit spaces between chips. On the other hand, if the tubes were cast in a densely pigmented plastic the same color as the LEDs inside, the color saturation when lit would be truly awesome.

So... the big question: Is there anyone out there who can perform micro-soldering?
If so, you will have hordes of SW nerds giving you their credit card numbers, and squealing like little schoolgirls...

Pixelpiper
04-11-2014, 07:15 PM
My hypothesis: It will look like crap.

Plus, that's not the kind of soldering that's done by hand, it's done by a pick and place machine. The only way to make these is to have them made by someone with that equipment - generally a company that has a production or at the very least a prototyping line. And what about the resistors that need to be placed for every few LEDs? Where will those go? You can't have them in line with the LEDs if you want to have them close to each other, which means you will want them on the opposite side of the board. Which means two boards, one for each side of the saber. But wait, you don't want to create dark sides, so you'll probably actually want to create a sort of triangular extrusion with light going out on three sides - or possibly four.

The practicality of all this? NIL. Forget about it. The results would be underwhelming to put it mildly. There are so many better alternatives if you want to get into the business of custom fabrication, including creating custom CCFL tubes or custom EL rods.

Anthrapoid
04-11-2014, 07:18 PM
My hypothesis: It will look like crap.

And what about the resistors that need to be placed for every few LEDs? Where will those go?
My hypothesis: You are selling cathode sabers, so you have a vested interest in making people think my idea will look like crap.
(and that it isn't even possible.)

As for the resistors, they are even smaller than the LED chips themselves; they could be wired along the thin edges of the circuit board. The strip would be only 1/8th inch wide, wide enough to accommodate the pico LEDs, and about 1/16th inch thick. Placing the resistors on the edge would not block the 180 degrees of light emitted from either of the flat sides of the circuit board strip.

Nobody said 'all this' had to be practical, or easy. It just has to achieve the desired result. SMD's (surface mounted diodes) CAN be soldered by hand. People do it all the time, and there are special hand-soldering irons made for this. (Google it)
For light sabers, it would just need to be done in a particular way. Hell, there are even digital magnifying cameras that would allow you to visually monitor micro-soldering on your pc, or on an HD tv.

Pixelpiper
04-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm selling cathode sabers because I have years of experience in these kinds of things and take my word or it, CCFL is by far the best possible solution to this problem we have at the moment and for the price. And that isn't about to change any time soon without significant investment - significant enough that it would never be recouped.

If there were money in it, and if it were an interesting enough problem to solve, I'd be all over it. I don't have stock in any CCFL manufacturing company. As it stands, I'd run and hide from such an implementation because it's the compete opposite of practical.

govanrangersman
04-12-2014, 02:06 AM
I know you are selling these and therefore appreciate you don't want to tell us how to actually make these, but just a general question, how easy is it to power these via batteries?

IronZilmad
04-12-2014, 02:58 AM
@govanrangersman, I think there's a tutorial on how to make cathodes lightsabers on this forum. This is not a technical secret. I think Pixelpiper do it "better" or with more technicals knowledges. This can be cool for guys who don't want to do some electronic surgery...

I'm ok with Anthrapoid for one point : we're expecting more from our figures when we see what can be achieved with LED and stuffs today. Some others Star Wars Sideshow and even Kotobukiya figures or statues have lightsabers light up feature, even if it's a simple LED, the feature's here. Why they didn't put it on this one ?

For example, the Classic Predator from Hot Toys have the red visor on the helmet wired and attached to the body. The LED is very powerfull and so tiny. Make a red lightsaber tube "opaque" for light diffusion and put this tiny LED at the base and I'm sure it'll add a very cool effect, not perfect and powerfull like the Cathodes ones but at least... (And the cathodes need some 12V power, not too practical...)

Ok, it's not the end of the world, but it's a bit "sad". Michael Crawford's review (http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020314a.htm) said this figure should be at 200$, so the extra 50$ can be used for this little LED light on the light saber...

Plus it's a "deluxe" figure, the chest box and belt light up it's awesome, but not the lightsaber...:gah:

I'll surely buy this guy anyway (if I can) because I think he rocks and we can add a lighted lightsaber later, home-made or bought from others customers.

Peace.

Cheers. :)

The Chev
04-12-2014, 04:41 AM
So I finally got a Vader, and while he's impressive and display's nice, I found myself frustrated with his body. Specifically his arms, I have a ANH Vader, and I got some really cool poses with his arms and I'm having trouble getting them out of Vader. Is it just a "Breaking it in" type of thing?

All in all I'm very happy with it.

Pixelpiper
04-12-2014, 05:05 AM
So I finally got a Vader, and while he's impressive and display's nice, I found myself frustrated with his body. Specifically his arms, I have a ANH Vader, and I got some really cool poses with his arms and I'm having trouble getting them out of Vader.

Is it an issue with forward and inward range of motion? Someone posted a mod many weeks back showing how chopping some plastic from the chest at the arm socket area greatly increased the range of motion possible.

Pixelpiper
04-12-2014, 05:11 AM
I know you are selling these and therefore appreciate you don't want to tell us how to actually make these, but just a general question, how easy is it to power these via batteries?

They can be powered with batteries just as easily as they can be powered from an ACDC adapter, but it will require 12v, which means a 12v battery or a few lower voltage batteries connected up in series. You're probably looking at some kind of brick-like battery box either way, and the batteries will need to be able to meet the required current demand. With a different inverter it would be possible to use a 9v or some other voltage battery or batteries as long as they also meet the current demand of the CCFL load.

Most of the things I'm working on right now are intended to eliminate batteries, so this isn't something I'm going to be trying any time soon. ;)

TheFiend
04-12-2014, 10:04 AM
I can't wait till this sells out and skyrockets in value.

Then I will sell his ass. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

VintijDroidGutzz
04-13-2014, 04:04 AM
I can't wait till this sells out and skyrockets in value.

Then I will sell his ass. :lol
:yess: :hi5: :lol

Money well recouped.

TheFiend
04-13-2014, 08:06 AM
If the ANH version is anything to go by this thing will be worth a pretty penny.

I didn't have intentions on reselling when I bought it, but after I modified the ANH version I felt satisfied with that one.

And tbh, this one isn't holding up for me for some reason. That, mixed with the fact I'm working on a custom, leaves me little reason to keep it.

IronZilmad
04-13-2014, 10:29 AM
If the ANH version is anything to go by this thing will be worth a pretty penny.

I didn't have intentions on reselling when I bought it, but after I modified the ANH version I felt satisfied with that one.

And tbh, this one isn't holding up for me for some reason. That, mixed with the fact I'm working on a custom, leaves me little reason to keep it.

I can hear your Vader crying : "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!". :rotfl

Hope we can see your custom soon. :)

VintijDroidGutzz
04-13-2014, 03:28 PM

Your ANH custom is nice, man - that's all you need really.

The amount of modding that's being done to the new one (while understandable) is hilarious.

Every time I see a pic of the stock one, I just want to dropkick it like a football. :lol

IronZilmad
04-13-2014, 10:58 PM
The amount of modding that's being done to the new one (while understandable) is hilarious.

Every time I see a pic of the stock one, I just want to dropkick it like a football. :lol

At this point, seriously ? He's really bad ?

VintijDroidGutzz
04-13-2014, 11:10 PM
At this point?

Since the BEGINNING. :lol

anwe
04-14-2014, 02:11 AM
Seemingly needs more modding than the ANH and I'm not sure it will look as good when done.

It will still be a while before it's out of stock though. We haven't even gotten a chance to feel the dissapointment here in Europe yet. :)

blackops74
04-14-2014, 03:27 AM
Been looking forward to posing him with the emperor
Close up of this guy...just because I thought it looked cool

IronZilmad
04-14-2014, 05:31 AM
He look nice. :)

Why you guys hate him so much ? There's so many mistakes on him ?

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread yet. :p

joda76
04-14-2014, 05:43 AM
At this point, seriously ? He's really bad ?

To some maybe but I still am loving the stock figure.
I had the first Vader and out of the box there's no way I liked that one better.

Hot Toys Collectors
04-14-2014, 08:31 AM
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/12/35/22/89/rotj_d12.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4392&u=12352289)

http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/12/35/22/89/rotj_d13.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4393&u=12352289)

jagzz
04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
We don't hate him, but there's always a problem with vader figures. So you need to fixed him the way you imagine him, just matter of individual perspective of perfection. Sorry for bad english..

IronZilmad
04-14-2014, 10:25 AM
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/12/35/22/89/rotj_d12.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4392&u=12352289)

http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/12/35/22/89/rotj_d13.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4393&u=12352289)

Amazing. :)

We don't hate him, but there's always a problem with vader figures. So you need to fixed him the way you imagine him, just matter of individual perspective of perfection. Sorry for bad english..

Your english's perfectly fine, at least for me. ;)

I don't see what really are the problems with this Vader, at least for me. The no-lit ligthsaber upset me, the Anakin head but that's it.

I've seen the original trilogy many times but I had not stopped the films all the time to see all the details so I can understand some hardcore fans expect the "perfect movie replica".

That said, I've bought the Jakks Pacific 31inc Vader... :monkey3

I think I have to read all the thread to see the mistakes before buying this Vader.^^

Cheers.

DeadFett
04-14-2014, 10:30 AM
I like my Vader personally, but I'm no customizer either so maybe that plays into a little. I really need to find an Imperial Throne for my Emperor to properly pose them together.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-14-2014, 10:36 AM
That said, I've bought the Jakks Pacific 31inc Vader... :monkey3

I think I have to read all the thread to see the mistakes before buying this Vader.^^

Cheers.
Sounds like you're golden then - no need for the SSC one. :duff :lol

No, seriously.. do yourself a favour & glance over the 'customizing' thread at your leisure - it'll give you a pretty good idea of the inaccuracies that this figure has.

shocktrooper_au
04-14-2014, 04:41 PM
I think this version comes off a bit more cartoonish or something ? I have a slightly modded Anh vr (dome and new cape) and it comes across with more realism then this version

BrooklynWolf X
04-17-2014, 12:08 AM
My second attempt at getting replacement domes for vader has failed. According to them, it looks the same. WTF!?!?

I don't know if dealing with SSCs china branch has anything to do with this BS, but I can't believe they are giving me such a hard time over this. Now my retailer has suggested I do one more final run with a comparison chart. Goddamit are they this effin blind?!? If that doesn't work...**** you SSC, **** you.

blackops74
04-17-2014, 03:10 AM
My second attempt at getting replacement domes for vader has failed. According to them, it looks the same. WTF!?!?

I don't know if dealing with SSCs china branch has anything to do with this BS, but I can't believe they are giving me such a hard time over this. Now my retailer has suggested I do one more final run with a comparison chart. Goddamit are they this effin blind?!? If that doesn't work...**** you SSC, **** you.

To be honest, your retailer should have been dealing with this for you so you don't have to go through all this. The responsibility should really lie with them as you purchased it from them. Hope it all works out for you mate.

BrooklynWolf X
04-17-2014, 04:08 AM
To be honest, your retailer should have been dealing with this for you so you don't have to go through all this. The responsibility should really lie with them as you purchased it from them. Hope it all works out for you mate.

I know man...but truthfully, this shouldn't come as a surprise since I'm in china and dealing with retailers or distributors here. You literally have to jump through hoops to get even the simplest of things either exchanged, replaced or returned. If this final run doesn't work, I'm just gonna directly email SSc to lodge a complaint. I don't care if I didn't purchase this through them, this isn't right. I mean, if the US branch can't do squat with the china branch...well, once again, eff them.

PJB-1138
04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
LOOK OUT! There's a guy selling what he describes as officially licensed Sideshow Darth Vader light-up lightsabers on eBay when they're actually Kotobukiya's light-up chopsticks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-LIGHT-UP-LIGHTSABER-RED-SIDESHOW-DELUXE-DX07-TOYS-NEW-/261456988667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce00d09fb&nma=true&si=093UNngGaqe0Dx2ovKdLDO3FjKU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I actually almost took the bait until I read how long they measured in length. They may look a bit oversized being held by the Vader figure, but it may actually work. Anyone actually try this out to see how it looks?

Pixelpiper
04-20-2014, 11:11 AM
:lol Hehe, those chopsticks are going to be almost as tall as Vader… They look to be close to 12" long. And the hilt looks like it's 1/5 or larger "scale," plus mis-proportioned. But I'm sure they'll work wonders on ramen or cashew beef.

There's a reason that guy's auction doesn't show a 1/6 figure next to the saber. The hilt is almost 1" longer than the Sideshow Vader hilts (both ANH and Deluxe RotJ). It's also going to act like a flashlight with a projected beam coming off the tip of the saber. Maybe if I have some time I'll do such an LED mod on a Sideshow saber to show everyone what it looks like. Sideshow's Deluxe Vader blade is actually clear and painted with translucent red.

Someone just bought at best offer. There's no shortage of them on eBay in multiple variations:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=lightsaber+chopsticks&_sacat=0

http://www.superhappycashcow.com/pic/2009%20New%20Figure/Star%20Wars/Chop%20Saber%20Chopsticks/starwars-chop-01.jpg

DeadFett
04-21-2014, 08:42 AM
From what I've read these arent too good for eating with either due to the slick texture of the blade not being able to pick anything up.

webhead
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey guys got my replacement head sculpt a few weeks ago. The head is not crooked (at least I can't tell that it is) however his right eye is painted so it looks like he's got a lazy eye. Not sure I want to email SS again on this. How hard is it to separate the head from the collar? I'm thinking about just doing that and resetting the first one that I have. The eyes are fine with that one.

Thanks!

Anthrapoid
04-21-2014, 03:05 PM
How hard is it to separate the head from the collar?
Not hard... just use a narrow prying tool on both sides where the notches on the neck are glued into the slots in the collar. There might be a very small touch of glue on the cheek areas too, but the break mark will be hidden under the lower mask section after you replace it.

webhead
04-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Not hard... just use a narrow prying tool on both sides where the notches on the neck are glued into the slots in the collar. There might be a very small touch of glue on the cheek areas too, but the break mark will be hidden under the lower mask section after you replace it.

Thanks!

TheEsteGuy
04-21-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm thinking of ordering this figure and I was wondering if Sideshow's signature required policy means that they need my signature or just any signature?

Pixelpiper
04-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Anyone's. I've never signed for any of my Sideshow deliveries personally.

TheEsteGuy
04-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks a lot!

joda76
04-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Anyone over 18 I think.
You could also sign up for ups my choice and that gives you lots of options.
I just change mine to pick up and go to my local ups to get it at my convenience.

Shanester
04-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Anyone's. I've never signed for any of my Sideshow deliveries personally.

Funny, I usually don't either. My secretary signs for them. Back in the day, I did take off work and wait for my Hulk PF delivery, but have since changed my delivery address to my work office. Anyone can sign.

sithlord13
04-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Vader should be here any day now. Hoping for minimal issues.

jra81984
04-22-2014, 08:52 AM

I am not sure the size of this but it looks to be about 12" It could be a cheap alternative to get some 1/6 stormies for the Vader displays! It looks like some others will be rolling out to the Disney Store as well. I guess it all depends upon if they end up looking super cheap in production.

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/disney-2014-event/default.asp

VintijDroidGutzz
04-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Isn't that just a blown up shot of the 6" Hasbro Black series Stormtrooper figure? :lol

edit; - actually, it looks bigger than that. Also the light at the end of the blaster indicates that it's a larger scale figure.

Where'd you get that pic dude?

jra81984
04-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Isn't that just a blown up shot of the 6" Hasbro Black series Stormtrooper figure? :lol

edit; - actually, it looks bigger than that. Also the light at the end of the blaster indicates that it's a larger scale figure.

Where'd you get that pic dude?

Link is at the bottom of my post, its featured on rebel scum. I am not sure how good it will look in hand. I am just guessing its 12" based upon the looks of it. The size is the one thing I am not entirely sure of. It looks to be about right. But yes... it does look like a blown up Black Series version lol.

VintijDroidGutzz
04-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Link is at the bottom of my post, its featured on rebel scum.
Ah - whoops! Cheers mate, I missed that.

Disney store exclusives huh.. hmm.

TheFiend
04-23-2014, 03:16 PM
That Stormie looks pretty good.

McHaleyArt
04-23-2014, 07:22 PM

I am not sure the size of this but it looks to be about 12" It could be a cheap alternative to get some 1/6 stormies for the Vader displays! It looks like some others will be rolling out to the Disney Store as well. I guess it all depends upon if they end up looking super cheap in production.

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/disney-2014-event/default.asp
Looks like this is going to be an 18" line: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/04/exclusive-star-wars-products-unveiled-for-disney-store/

earthdog
04-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Looks like this is going to be an 18" line: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/04/exclusive-star-wars-products-unveiled-for-disney-store/

Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disney_VIP_Event_157506.asp) has this to say:

"The new 12" Talking Star Wars Action Figures will be available starting May 4 at $29.95 each starting with the Stormtrooper first and another to follow each week after. "

anwe
04-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Why not, could work as background troops for a DSII arrival scene. :hi5:

JIM007
04-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Hi guys
is there any thread for how to repair belt and chestbox...i open the box yesterday and nothink works
no answer from sideshow yet

Pixelpiper
04-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Apart from working on the wires that are visible behind the belt, there's not much you can do as far as repairs go without significant and possibly damaging surgery on the belt's battery box or other parts. Everything is glued together so you'll have to cut plastic to get anything apart. The wiring is ultra simple and there's not much that can go wrong. For everything to fail, the issue would have to be at the battery box, otherwise at least one part should light up.

The easiest way that I can see for a problem is that the batteries are not inserted with the correct polarity or the small plastic tab has not been removed. Consult the small printed instruction sheet for battery placement, open the battery compartment and make sure the batteries are the right way, one up one down, and that there is no plastic tab preventing them from making contact. If I recall correctly, the battery closest to the switch is supposed to be positive side down and the one closest to the screw is negative side down.

JIM007
04-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Thanks
unfortunattely i double checked batteries polarity, i removed the plastic tap but no luck

Pixelpiper
04-24-2014, 05:44 AM
I'd expect that the wires/solder joints are probably broken or shorted at the terminals inside the battery box. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the top of the battery box can in fact be removed. I'd previously cut open one of the belt boxes to confirm with certainty the resistors and LEDs used, but I haven't had cause to crack the battery box. You might be able to spot any broken connections by removing the top.

JIM007
04-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Thank you very much
i will do that

jra81984
04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disney_VIP_Event_157506.asp) has this to say:

"The new 12" Talking Star Wars Action Figures will be available starting May 4 at $29.95 each starting with the Stormtrooper first and another to follow each week after. "

Its so hard to tell! in the photos they look more on the 12" side. It would be a shame if they were 18". The stormtrooper actually looks decent.

TheFiend
04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Color me curious about those Stomies, but I don't wanna be the first to buy one. :lol So someone hop on that when they come out and upload pics. :lol

TheFiend
04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Taking a closer look at those 12 inchers I see they have funky articulation. All are indentical in that their right arm is slightly bent and has a swivel joint above the elbow, but the left arm bends. I see a bendy joint on the left leg too but I can tell on the right leg. Oh well, at least I'll be able to put the Stormie in the classic pose.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t552/alechaines1/Things/3457414-stormtroopers_zps0efd0067.jpg (http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/alechaines1/media/Things/3457414-stormtroopers_zps0efd0067.jpg.html)

inked
04-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Just ordered one from Disney store in the UK, they are oversized unfortunately but thought I'd pick one up to check it out (will return it if I don't like it)

Dimensions for each are 34cm tall (13.5") for Stormy and Han, 30cm (12") for Luke, and 37cm (14.5") for Vader

TexasFinest
04-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Hows it going fellas, Im new to collecting and just got the DX07 Luke Skywalked awesome collectible. Im looking for a Vader figure to display with it and wanted to know if the sideshow Darth Vader Deluxe is a good pickup or should I wait to see if another one is made. Thanks

inked
04-24-2014, 09:41 AM
The Deluxe Vader is awesome out of the box, and even more awesome with some of the mods people have done

Pixelpiper
04-24-2014, 09:43 AM
The Deluxe Vader is awesome out of the box, and even more awesome with some of the mods people have done

And to the point, another Vader would be at least 5 years away. Should you not want to wait that long for only the possibility of a new release, your options are what's out there today, the Deluxe probably being close to the lowest priced as the others are all aftermarket. You could probably also buy parts and put one together yourself. You'd have to be careful here as the costs could start piling up quickly.

TexasFinest
04-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the help Inked and Pixelpiper. BTW Pixe like what you did with the custom lightsaber those look pretty awesome. Yeah I think I might just go ahead and order the deluxe vader thru sideshow, they have a promo code for $20 off so not too bad. Being a noob dont know anything about customizing my own figures. Any recommendations?

jra81984
04-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Just ordered one from Disney store in the UK, they are oversized unfortunately but thought I'd pick one up to check it out (will return it if I don't like it)

Dimensions for each are 34cm tall (13.5") for Stormy and Han, 30cm (12") for Luke, and 37cm (14.5") for Vader

13.5"? Good then he will look like an accurate scaled height compared to the Sideshow Vader.... :rotfl Just kidding of course

sithlord13
04-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Mine arrived today at last. Looks great - love the accessories.

Unfortunately the lights on the figure don't work - hopefully it's dead batteries.

Pixelpiper
04-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately the lights on the figure don't work - hopefully it's dead batteries.

Has the plastic tab been removed? You'll need to open the battery compartment to do it if you haven't already.

TexasFinest
04-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Just ordered the ROTJ Darth Vader from sideshow wish me luck :hi5:

flamingdead
04-25-2014, 05:44 AM
just got mine last night.... over all i'm impressed, the lights look great, the helmet looks better than i expected, but i actually think the face on the ANH was better, and with the hasbro dome mod, and an Ilforigno cape set, the ANH is a nicer figure. My biggest gripe, and i don't know if this has been mentioned before, the shin armor. Just... wtf? is it just mine or are they all like this?? zero definition or detail, like some 10th generation recast, the look utterly appalling, i'm shocked at how bad they are.
thankfully they're mainly hidden by the tunic, but given a chance, i'm tearing them off and replacing them.
But all that said, he looks great with the sideshow luke...

Tee-Kay
04-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Found a new spot to display mine... and added a few figures for that extra ESB feel.

joda76
04-25-2014, 06:13 AM
Nice group shot tee

earthdog
04-25-2014, 09:19 AM
just got mine last night.... over all i'm impressed, the lights look great, the helmet looks better than i expected, but i actually think the face on the ANH was better, and with the hasbro dome mod, and an Ilforigno cape set, the ANH is a nicer figure. My biggest gripe, and i don't know if this has been mentioned before, the shin armor. Just... wtf? is it just mine or are they all like this?? zero definition or detail, like some 10th generation recast, the look utterly appalling, i'm shocked at how bad they are.
thankfully they're mainly hidden by the tunic, but given a chance, i'm tearing them off and replacing them.
But all that said, he looks great with the sideshow luke...

The shins really lost their detail from the ANH release. I found a pair of ANH shins and am going to replace mine with these soon.

Mad Old Lu
04-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Found a new spot to display mine... and added a few figures for that extra ESB feel.

That is an awesome display, Tee-Kay! It took me back to my youth playing with the Kenner 3 3/4 figures!

TexasFinest
04-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Nice set-up flamingdead and tee-kay. Cant wait to get mines. What did yall mean by replacing the shin armor? Sorry im a noob lol....:slap

ApeManRyan
04-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Great pics everyone! I still love my Deluxe Vader. Pretty awesome figure!:goodpost::rock

DeadFett
04-25-2014, 01:56 PM
I love seeing how everyone sets up their figs, I still need an IG-88 to complete my Bounty Hunter set and a Luke to go with my Vader.

Tee-Kay
04-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Glad i could bring some fond memories back to the surface Mad Old Lu. It's been five years since some of those figs went back to storage. Delighted that i am able to put them back on display now with a few worthy additions.

TheFiend
04-25-2014, 06:17 PM

Wtf, man. Why the hell is Stormy and inch and a half over Han. All they had to be was 12 inches and I would have picked up a couple. Pass.

Edit: I misread. Han is the same height. Still ,I3.5 won't look right next to my other figures.

gagaliya
04-25-2014, 06:23 PM
just got the vader but one of his silver plug is missing on the helmet head. The exact SAME thing happened when i got the PF years ago. what is wrong with my luck :(:(:(

Pixelpiper
04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Still ,I3.5 won't look right next to my other figures.

I'm sure that's not a coincidence.

earthdog
04-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Nice set-up flamingdead and tee-kay. Cant wait to get mines. What did yall mean by replacing the shin armor? Sorry im a noob lol....:slap

Don't worry I'm a noob too.

Sideshow released a Vader from ANH a few years ago. The sculpting on that figures shin armor has sharper corners, edges, etc. compared to the recent ROTJ figure. I'll post a pick tonight comparing the two.

I found the ANH shins on eBay and am going to replace that armor on my ROTJ Vader because I think it will look better.

I also bought the ANH leather suit and will be putting that on my ROTJ Vader because it makes the arms look better proportioned to the hands and gloves. I think it may also fix the crotch bunching that the ROTJ suit has.

earthdog
04-25-2014, 08:00 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/a5aqevut.jpg

The ANH shin is on the right. You can see the square blocks that trim below the knee and the deep cut curve by the shin.

On the new ROTJ Vader these are not as detailed and look like soft bumps.

inked
04-26-2014, 01:47 AM
For those that were interested in the new Disney Store Stormtrooper, here is a quick look at mine which turned up today (unfortunately missing a piece of shoulder armour so will be going back to Disney)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDIkC6ijui4

jra81984
04-26-2014, 05:57 AM
For those that were interested in the new Disney Store Stormtrooper, here is a quick look at mine which turned up today (unfortunately missing a piece of shoulder armour so will be going back to Disney)

Great review! Such a shame with the scale because it is a really nice looking figure! I may still get a couple. It is nice to see that the 12" line is being reinvented. They say an r2 and 3po are coming, which makes the scale being off truly tragic. More info on the line can be found here.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disney_VIP_Star_Wars_Event_Recap_12_Talking_Figure s_157557.asp

inked
04-26-2014, 06:24 AM
Cheers, I may do a proper video one my replacement comes (so that I can get it out of the box)

Pixelpiper
04-26-2014, 06:36 AM
It is nice to see that the 12" line is being reinvented.

These look like large-scale versions of the smaller action figures with limited articulation and all plastic construction, not the detailed 12" series of past nor present. In other words, it's intended to be a completely new line and that's why the scale isn't the same. It can't be an accident.

inked
04-26-2014, 06:46 AM
These look like large-scale versions of the smaller action figures with limited articulation and all plastic construction, not the detailed 12" series of past nor present. In other words, it's intended to be a completely new line and that's why the scale isn't the same. It can't be an accident.

Absolutely, and while they appeal to collectors like us, they are pretty sturdy looking figures intended for children.

careyb
04-26-2014, 09:53 AM
just got the vader but one of his silver plug is missing on the helmet head. The exact SAME thing happened when i got the PF years ago. what is wrong with my luck :(:(:(

Had the same problem Called Sideshow and they sent a replacement ! Their customer service has always been "berry berry good to me"!

earthdog
04-26-2014, 11:30 AM

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Damn shame it's sized just out of scale.

inked
04-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this! Damn shame it's sized just out of scale.

No problem, thanks for taking the time to view it.

McHaleyArt
04-26-2014, 01:50 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/a5aqevut.jpg

The ANH shin is on the right. You can see the square blocks that trim below the knee and the deep cut curve by the shin.

On the new ROTJ Vader these are not as detailed and look like soft bumps.
Truth be told, the shin armor was different between ANH & ESB. But BOTH SSC shin armor have wrong details. A big one is that the space under the knee is supposed to go inward, not outward. Most of these details are hidden anyway, but it's interesting to know.

earthdog
04-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Interesting! I just assumed they used the old mold and it lost detail over the course of the production runs.

potato
04-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Are those suit pleather? God...

potato
04-26-2014, 06:44 PM
The retail price of this figure is already quite high, if you looking at ways to maximize profit you should opt for cheaper figures. You can get high profit by selling him off but it'd take some time due to the high price it will reach.

Buying few lower ends Hot Toys will yield you more profit in faster period of time.

:yess: :hi5: :lol

Money well recouped.

joda76
04-26-2014, 06:45 PM
My Vader with custom stand and Evilface decals
Thanks E
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/27/buvahyde.jpg

VintijDroidGutzz
04-27-2014, 03:34 AM
The retail price of this figure is already quite high, if you looking at ways to maximize profit you should opt for cheaper figures. You can get high profit by selling him off but it'd take some time due to the high price it will reach.

Buying few lower ends Hot Toys will yield you more profit in faster period of time.
I don't / wouldn't own the wonky thing in the first place - but thanks anyway. :wave :lol

agonistes86
04-28-2014, 09:15 AM
I finally received my Darth Vader, seemingly being the last one to do so. :lol
I have yet to do any modifcations, but he's already great fresh out of the box IMO. It was about time I added a 1:6 Vader to my collection, and he doesn't disappoint. :)
Here are some quick shots. Next to the Stormtrooper (the way he's displayed now), I actually don't mind his current height.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8620_3_small2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8638_2_small2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8640_2_small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8628_2_small.jpg
(Don't mind the boots on Maul, they are still a work in progress.)

joda76
04-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Nice posing there

inked
04-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Very nice agonistes86 :D

Which Trooper is that?

agonistes86
04-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks, guys.

Very nice agonistes86 :D

Which Trooper is that?

It's a customized Marmit Stormtrooper I finished last year. You can check out some more shots of him in my collection thread here (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?88544-Agonistes-collection-*custom-Jason-Voorhees-*-Darth-Vader-DX*&p=6290921&viewfull=1#post6290921). :)

inked
04-28-2014, 10:08 AM
It looks fantastic, will check it out. Cheers :clap

Jaymig926
04-28-2014, 04:28 PM
I finally received my Darth Vader, seemingly being the last one to do so. :lol
I have yet to do any modifcations, but he's already great fresh out of the box IMO. It was about time I added a 1:6 Vader to my collection, and he doesn't disappoint. :)
Here are some quick shots. Next to the Stormtrooper (the way he's displayed now), I actually don't mind his current height.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8620_3_small2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8638_2_small2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8640_2_small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Darth%20Vader%20DX/IMG_8628_2_small.jpg
(Don't mind the boots on Maul, they are still a work in progress.)
What kind of stormtrooper is that? ( brand)
Thanks

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Quotes a bunch of pics from 5 posts ago but doesn't read the answer that came 2 posts ago :lol

Customised Marmit dude :)

Jaymig926
04-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Quotes a bunch of pics from 5 posts ago but doesn't read the answer that came 2 posts ago :lol

Customised Marmit dude :)

Simple mistake buddy !!
My apology all mighty one

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
You could easily have got an almightier response for that double faux-pas :lol

Jaymig926
04-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Hello all,
Looking for inexpensive stormtroopers to go with Vader, I am new to the trade so I don't know what brand to get. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Hello all,
Looking for inexpensive stormtroopers to go with Vader, I am new to the trade so I don't know what brand to get. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

There are unfortunately no inexpensive stormtroopers out there. Marmit is arguably the best of the three, but the most difficult to find. Sideshow's is also very good, better still with a couple of mods. And Medicom's is way too small to pose with SS Vader, not to mention oddly proportioned and with fragile joints.

Sideshow really could do with releasing another stormtrooper.

Jaymig926
04-28-2014, 05:10 PM
There are unfortunately no inexpensive stormtroopers out there. Marmit is arguably the best of the three, but the most difficult to find. Sideshow's is also very good, better still with a couple of mods. And Medicom's is way too small to pose with SS Vader, not to mention oddly proportioned and with fragile joints.

Sideshow really could do with releasing another stormtrooper.

Ok great thank you very much. Thanks for your help.

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 05:12 PM
No probs - also check out this stormtrooper comparison on Alex's toyhaven blog:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com.au/2009/04/sideshow-vs-marmit-vs-medicom.html

Jaymig926
04-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Are these to cheesy? They don't have to be perfect just ok?
Thank you again 106476

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Different strokes for different folks, but I personally would have a hard time displaying a SS Vader with any stormtrooper other than Marmit's or Sideshow's :)

Jaymig926
04-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Yes sir I agree it won't do it justice I'll peek around for a sideshow or hope the release them again
Thank you much again.

Boba Ben
04-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Thank you again 106476

That's a little too cheesy. I'm sure they'll do a new Stormtrooper in the future.

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Right now it sucks to be hunting one of these... I think it might be around the $250 mark for a SS stormtrooper, having retailed at $90. I only have one but would love to have a second one - I'm kicking myself for not getting two at MSRP when I had the chance. But at the current price I'll hold off and hope for a re-release.

Pixelpiper
04-28-2014, 05:34 PM
You can regularly buy Marmit troopers, storm or sand, for about $150ea on eBay. It requires patience if luck doesn't work for you. ;) A good deal on Sideshow troopers generally has to come from a board member, especially a stormtrooper. Patience and luck worked for me there.

It's nice to see an R2 teased from Sideshow, but can you imagine the furor of a stormtrooper announcement on May 4th?

Lejuan
04-28-2014, 06:09 PM
$150 for a Marmit, that's not too bad!

kl241
04-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Thank you again 106476

The only thing these are good for is the vintage style box. Toss the plastic Junktrooper and display it with a Sideshow or Marmit and you're good.

inked
04-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I've just paid £165 for a BNIB Sideshow trooper. Expensive, but had to have one

Rondesmo
04-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Marmit are hard to find.
I paid 300$ for a sideshow new and sealed a few weeks ago... Very expensive but i wanted something great to match with my SS Vader.

Wor-Gar
04-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Are these to cheesy? 106476

Ah, the balance between the desperate need for completion versus the desire for perfection, demonstrated here perfectly.

pixletwin
04-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Ah, the balance between the desperate need for completion versus the desire for perfection, demonstrated here perfectly.

:lol :exactly: :lol

Rondesmo
04-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Jayming,
maybe look at the last Disney Store Stormtrooper. It seems not so bad.
:wink1:

VintijDroidGutzz
04-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Marmit are hard to find.
I paid 300$ for a sideshow new and sealed a few weeks ago... Very expensive but i wanted something great to match with my SS Vader.
Whoah - that much - really???

I think you should've waited dude.. :lol

Rondesmo
04-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Yeah i know... :cuckoo: but honestly the prices begin to be crazy and mine was not the most expensive i saw...

Road1
04-30-2014, 08:20 AM
I will be using 2 of these Clone Troopers with the alternate helmet with my Vader as soon as they arrive. It's the closest thing
to a Stormtrooper look I could find without paying very high prices for the actual one. I got 2 for the price of 1 using my
Sideshow reward points.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/Roadkill1210/Clone%20trooper/1002062-clone-trooper-deluxe-shiny-006.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Roadkill1210/media/Clone%20trooper/1002062-clone-trooper-deluxe-shiny-006.jpg.html)

Pixelpiper
04-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Phase 2 helmets are the only reason I'm even buying a clone. ;)

Road1
04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Phase 2 helmets are the only reason I'm even buying a clone. ;)

Same here. They look so much better with those helmets. I think they will look good with my Vader.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/Roadkill1210/Darth%20Vader/015.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Roadkill1210/media/Darth%20Vader/015.jpg.html)

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/Roadkill1210/Darth%20Vader/014.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Roadkill1210/media/Darth%20Vader/014.jpg.html)

TheFiend
04-30-2014, 12:41 PM

I want that trooper. :(

TheFiend
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM

Whoa. Deja vu. I literally just read this same post you made two years ago in the Dx08 thread. Its like 'your saying'. :lol

Good post though.

inked
04-30-2014, 12:49 PM

Me too, best looking trooper I've seen.

agonistes86
04-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Me too, best looking trooper I've seen.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :) I'm really happy with the way the Stormtrooper came out as well. I finally need to get around to repainting my custom Marmit Sandtrooper, so he can join his league.

Road1
04-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Best I can do until I get some Real Stormtroopers.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/Roadkill1210/018.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Roadkill1210/media/018.jpg.html)

jsjedi
04-30-2014, 08:23 PM
I just got my Vader and just set him up. I rally like it. There was a scratch on the helmet so I hope sideshow will take care of me. I want to post a picture but I am still trying to figure out tapatalk lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

jsjedi
04-30-2014, 08:25 PM

TheFiend
04-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :) I'm really happy with the way the Stormtrooper came out as well. I finally need to get around to repainting my custom Marmit Sandtrooper, so he can join his league.

No problem. I went back and checked out your thread. Very nice stuff. The stuff you did on the trooper doesn't seem too difficult. I have it saved for when I acquire( God knows when) the Marmit.

Oh, and what TT body did you use? It only said "old". Was it a narrow shoulder?

Lejuan
04-30-2014, 10:35 PM
Look at Agonistes' cool pose. Fuggit. I'm sick of using a fishing line to support the SS stormtrooper well enough so it can hold a pose without toppling over. I'm going to port over the fabric suit and armour to a TT. I think the body will need some shaving down and the foot pegs modded, but pretty sure that's all that needs doing. I remember how much I enjoyed posing my medicom trooper before the ankle magically detached itself from the leg.

VintijDroidGutzz
05-01-2014, 01:12 AM
Look at Agonistes' cool pose. Fuggit. I'm sick of using a fishing line to support the SS stormtrooper well enough so it can hold a pose without toppling over. I'm going to port over the fabric suit and armour to a TT. I think the body will need some shaving down and the foot pegs modded, but pretty sure that's all that needs doing. I remember how much I enjoyed posing my medicom trooper before the ankle magically detached itself from the leg.
I'd just sell it & wait for a better one to get made.. or get a Marmit kit. :)

Efbee
05-01-2014, 01:12 AM

Love that whole set up,congrats!

jsjedi
05-01-2014, 04:25 AM
Thanks Efbee, I was really glad I got two stormtroopers when they came out. Makes a big difference.

Lejuan
05-01-2014, 04:31 AM
I'd just sell it & wait for a better one to get made.. or get a Marmit kit. :)

There is a good chance that I'm going to think about doing it every weekend into next year, when SSC finally make a stormtrooper announcement... at which point I won't bother.

King Darkness
05-01-2014, 04:39 AM

Goddamn that's a sexy picture!

inked
05-01-2014, 04:48 AM
Are those Marmit troopers that shiny out of the box or has that been painted/polished?

earthdog
05-01-2014, 08:03 AM

I showed this to my sideshow troopers and they each rolled a single tear before jumping off the shelf.

TheFiend
05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
:lol:lol:lol

Darth Mitchell
05-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Just got an e-mail from my dealer that Vader will arrive tomorrow and that he will send him to me Saturday. Can't wait to get him in hand! My Imperials will watch with great interest to his arrival!

agonistes86
05-01-2014, 04:18 PM
No problem. I went back and checked out your thread. Very nice stuff. The stuff you did on the trooper doesn't seem too difficult. I have it saved for when I acquire( God knows when) the Marmit.

Oh, and what TT body did you use? It only said "old". Was it a narrow shoulder?

With 'old' I actually mean the really old school wide shouldered TT, like this:

Back in 2007 after getting my first HT figure, I realized how great the truetypes are, especially compared with the old buck, so I got a couple of loose TTs on ebay to upgrade my figures. Some of them survived since then, so I'm just using them for parts when needed, or for figures like this where the body shape isn't that important. A narrow shoulder could probably work as well, although the wide shouldered version does give the shoulder armor a nice "ledge" to rest on.

Goddamn that's a sexy picture!

Much appreciated, KD. :cool:

Are those Marmit troopers that shiny out of the box or has that been painted/polished?

They are somewhat shiny out of the box, but not as shiny as this. I applied some future pledge floor wax to the armor.

I showed this to my sideshow troopers and they each rolled a single tear before jumping off the shelf.

:lol:clap

greygoose
05-02-2014, 03:25 AM

Love this photo. :clap

VintijDroidGutzz
05-02-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure if I've already said this Agonistes86, but DAMN that duo looks nice together.

I still hate that Vader though!!! :lecture :lol

It's just how you've posed both figures so realistically, polished the armour - & DAT MARMIT. :thud: :rock

TheFiend
05-02-2014, 02:47 PM
And the best thing about it is the Marmit can be had for a reasonable price if you're patient. I'm just always broke when they pop up. :(

VintijDroidGutzz
05-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Yes.. I know the feeling. :monkey2

Still - there's a bit of work getting it to that level of beauty; cutting the armour sections nicely, new body, the polish stuff.

It's more effort than I'm prepared to put in at this stage. :lol

TheFiend
05-03-2014, 05:54 AM
Well going by his little tutorial it wasn't bad at all. I must have missed the part about cutting armor parts though. Still, I think if I can cut Vader to pieces and put him back together I'll be fine. :lol

TheFiend
05-03-2014, 06:06 AM
Yeah, just went back and read. He only sanded down the legs and arm armor to fit. Piece of cake. I'm surprised he was able to use one of those old wide shoulder bodies though. The sanding down and fittinf to the bidy is probably the hardest part. And the holster, but I would prolly skip that part and use what was available.

kl241
05-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Don't have time to go back 1000+ pages to look but can someone tell me why Vader's "I am your father" glove is on his right instead of his left?

TheFiend
05-03-2014, 01:23 PM
:lol Ah, the hand question again. Its been discussed ad nauseam. No one knows, or why there is such a disproportionate amount of left hands compared to right. Especially with Vader being right handed and people want him holding the saber while using his left for expression.

Pixelpiper
05-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Bottom line: Sideshow messed up and produced all the left hands as right and all the rights as left.

kl241
05-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Bottom line: Sideshow messed up and produced all the left hands as right and all the rights as left.

Wow. That's a pretty big @#$% up. They didn't even look at the shot from the movie?!?!? Why couldn't they have fixed this before production? Oh well, I guess my Vader will never be posed from that iconic scene. Sheesh. :slap

Pixelpiper
05-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't really know what their thought process was, but it would have make a lot more sense to sense to either have the same number of left and right hands, or more left than right, not the other way around like the product we have. Their product shots even show Vader holding the saber in his left hand. Doh.

Meter Man
05-03-2014, 08:14 PM

That looks awesome, Jedi. What kind of shelf is that?

Koloss
05-03-2014, 08:23 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/ebape9ys.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/uqanemuj.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/ba2a9e3y.jpg

Just started displaying my stuff tonight and installing LED strips to my cabinet. Loving this Vader.

Can't wait to get out my other Star Wars stuff and display.

Invictus Sol
05-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Nice pose. I especially like that second pic.

kimsoyens
05-03-2014, 09:52 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/zajuqyty.jpg

Some shots of my 1/6 scale vader.

jagzz
05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Wow amazing shot kimsoyens!!

VintijDroidGutzz
05-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Yeah, that first pic (directly above) is great; the way the helmet & face are in shadow like that is excellent - nice one kimsoyens! :clap

jsjedi
05-04-2014, 06:31 AM
It's a billy from IKEA Meter Man and thanks!

jsjedi
05-04-2014, 06:33 AM

Meter Man
05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
It's a billy from IKEA Meter Man and thanks!

Thanks for the info!

agonistes86
05-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Yes.. I know the feeling. :monkey2

Still - there's a bit of work getting it to that level of beauty; cutting the armour sections nicely, new body, the polish stuff.

It's more effort than I'm prepared to put in at this stage. :lol

Well going by his little tutorial it wasn't bad at all. I must have missed the part about cutting armor parts though. Still, I think if I can cut Vader to pieces and put him back together I'll be fine. :lol

Yeah, just went back and read. He only sanded down the legs and arm armor to fit. Piece of cake. I'm surprised he was able to use one of those old wide shoulder bodies though. The sanding down and fittinf to the bidy is probably the hardest part. And the holster, but I would prolly skip that part and use what was available.

Yeah, my tutorial is not 100% complete when you want to attempt exactly the same. As you said, VDG, the feet have to be cut off from the boots, as they are originally one piece. The toes also have to be removed from the TT feet, and the feet dremeled down a bit to fit in the Marmit shoes.
When putting together the armor, I also unscrewed the upper torso of the body to put the marmit groin/abdomen armor on, as that won't slide up over the legs (nor down the shoulders).
I think I also sanded down his shoulders a bit to make them less wide, although I'm not sure about that. I did dremel the hell out of the arms and legs to make them thinner. I only shaved the inside of the marmit armor slightly I think, to not risk damaging it. It's always easier to replace a TT part than a marmit armor part.
If you ever acquire a Marmit and want to attempt the mod, just hit me up with any questions you have, Fiend.

inked
05-05-2014, 12:16 AM
If you ever acquire a Marmit and want to attempt the mod, just hit me up with any questions you have, Fiend.

Sounds like way too much effort to me (I'm very lazy). Just sell me your one instead ;)

desisandy
05-05-2014, 12:42 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/zajuqyty.jpg

Some shots of my 1/6 scale vader.

Wow great light effects from the base , nice .

kam veitch
05-05-2014, 03:11 AM
My retailer assured me that I will get it this week. Gonna collect/steal :rotfl posses from this thread!!

rotateTranslate
05-05-2014, 04:54 AM
What exactly do you guys dislike about this figure?

Pixelpiper
05-05-2014, 05:28 AM

It's Vader. ;)

VintijDroidGutzz
05-05-2014, 05:55 AM
Go back to page 1 - & enjoy. :wave :lol

TheFiend
05-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Yeah, my tutorial is not 100% complete when you want to attempt exactly the same. As you said, VDG, the feet have to be cut off from the boots, as they are originally one piece. The toes also have to be removed from the TT feet, and the feet dremeled down a bit to fit in the Marmit shoes.
When putting together the armor, I also unscrewed the upper torso of the body to put the marmit groin/abdomen armor on, as that won't slide up over the legs (nor down the shoulders).
I think I also sanded down his shoulders a bit to make them less wide, although I'm not sure about that. I did dremel the hell out of the arms and legs to make them thinner. I only shaved the inside of the marmit armor slightly I think, to not risk damaging it. It's always easier to replace a TT part than a marmit armor part.

Thanks, will do. :) Actually most of this sounds very familiar. I did much of the same when I put together my Medix Batman. Lots of dremeling, trimming, cutting etc. I switched out the Medi body with an HT Slim and I dremeled the living hell out of the that body to get it to fit into the suit, the whole body too. I also had to cut off the ends of the feet and shape so they would fit into the boots

mister_e
05-05-2014, 09:10 AM

Well, for me personally, the only thing that bothers me about this figure is his height. He's just waaay too tall in my opinion. Other than that, I think he's pretty ace.

kl241
05-05-2014, 10:18 AM

"I am your father" gauntlet on wrong hand, body suit too baggy, body not proportionally accurate, shape of helmet innacurate... it requires a lot of customizing and kitbashing to build an (more) accurate Vader.

Road1
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/Roadkill1210/Vader/7050aa1b-c2ea-4544-baf7-6464511047df.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Roadkill1210/media/Vader/7050aa1b-c2ea-4544-baf7-6464511047df.jpg.html)

VintijDroidGutzz
05-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Looks like Vayda's about to choke his chicken. :lol

RJMacReady16
05-05-2014, 09:52 PM
This looks awesome! Any idea when Sideshow plans on releasing a 1:6 scale Vader?

Lejuan
05-05-2014, 10:05 PM
This looks awesome! Any idea when Sideshow plans on releasing a 1:6 scale Vader?

Not 'til 2016-17 is my guess.

TheFiend
05-05-2014, 10:37 PM

:lol Yoda is about to get a surprise.

Centurion
05-05-2014, 11:33 PM

Well, he actually is. He's using the Force Choke. :bounce

VintijDroidGutzz
05-06-2014, 12:09 AM
:lol :lol :lol

:monkey4

Road1
05-06-2014, 06:39 AM

LMAO!

Sidious-66
05-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Lord Vader will be here tomorrow. :yess: :horror :panic: :clap :thud: :impatient:

Roll on tomorrow and please no QC issues. :pray:

Hey Greygoose has your Vader arrived yet buddy?

earthdog
05-06-2014, 08:08 PM

piccolodaimaoh
05-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Absolutely incredible. Nothing you will ever see in your life will be as awesome as that picture. Thank you for sharing.

Pixelpiper
05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Absolutely incredible. Nothing you will ever see in your life will be as awesome as that picture. Thank you for sharing.

Definitely. The birth of my daughter and my son pale in comparison… :pfft: Ok, but this is a good number three.

SixthScaleEdward
05-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Definitely. The birth of my daughter and my son pale in comparison… :pfft: Ok, but this is a good number three.

Yeah cause watching your wife give birth is an awesome sight to behold. :horror

preeny101
05-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Meh. No drummer.

JK. Epic pic.

momaw
05-07-2014, 01:40 AM
That pic is almost enough to get me to pay the subscription just to give rep points.

inked
05-07-2014, 02:39 AM
New lightsaber for Vader

rotateTranslate
05-07-2014, 03:08 AM
New lightsaber for Vader

Uhh excuse me ?

inked
05-07-2014, 03:14 AM
Uhh excuse me ?

S'up?

rotateTranslate
05-07-2014, 07:49 AM
S'up?
Those lightsabers look great, where are they from/how are they made?

Pixelpiper
05-07-2014, 08:05 AM
They're made with miniature fluorescent lamps (aka Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps or CCFL) which are powered by an inverters outputting 900-120 vac, which itself is powered by 12v DC.

Check out the link to my Photostream in my signature. Vader and Luke with CCFL sabers at the very top of the page.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3701/13721745205_ec1c596afb_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/mUxwMT)Bespin Duel - Display Test (https://flic.kr/p/mUxwMT) by 8 Pixelpiper 8 (https://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/), on Flickr

inked
05-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Those lightsabers look great, where are they from/how are they made?

They're made with miniature fluorescent lamps (aka Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps or CCFL) which are powered by an inverters outputting 900-120 vac, which itself is powered by 12v DC.

This ^

A mate on Facebook made mine

greygoose
05-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Vader has finally arrived in stock at my retailer. Now to pay the remaining balance and he will soon be here. Better late than never. :lol

Pixelpiper
05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Better late than never. :lol

There are a few people here that would argue that point. ;) I'm not one of them though.

greygoose
05-07-2014, 12:55 PM
There are a few people here that would argue that point. ;) I'm not one of them though.

Haha yeah.:lol

jagzz
05-07-2014, 11:55 PM

Woww look at the crowd, they demand an encore!!! Haha

kam veitch
05-08-2014, 03:38 AM
if I dont get it soon Im gonna cut my wrists :impatient:

looking forward for that lighted saber:lsvader

koolkollectibleskhai
05-08-2014, 03:46 AM

Fantastic pic! Love it!

earthdog
05-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Fantastic pic! Love it!

Thank for the kind words guys! This is the first time I tried to photograph my toys. You all are such an inspiration.

earthdog
05-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Meh. No drummer.
JK. Epic pic.

HA! I actually had my eye on a 1/6 Pearl drum kit on eBay but it was $60 and I don't have space to keep a full stage (Jabba's Throne) and concert on display right now. Maybe someday!

earthdog
05-08-2014, 08:16 PM
That pic is almost enough to get me to pay the subscription just to give rep points.

Thanks, what's a rep point?:dunno

earthdog
05-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Woww look at the crowd, they demand an encore!!! Haha

They were getting rowdy so I employed some Gamoreans up front for crowd control.

:rock :rock :rock

Lejuan
05-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Repped :cool:

momaw
05-09-2014, 07:16 AM

Reputation. See yours and my lousy 1 green bean. Damn good for nothings we are. Not like...

Repped :cool:

...and his fistfuls of magic beans. Growing a beanstalk there Lejuan?

Lejuan
05-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Reputation. See yours and my lousy 1 green bean. Damn good for nothings we are. Not like...

...and his fistfuls of magic beans. Growing a beanstalk there Lejuan?

Repped! Magic beans all round!

momaw
05-09-2014, 07:27 AM

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That got me an extra bean :yess: Your beans truly are the magicest.

kam veitch
05-09-2014, 07:35 AM
I sense something a presence ive not felt since...

Just arrived!!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/09/be6yduby.jpg

earthdog
05-09-2014, 07:51 AM

Gracias bean-man!

Lejuan
05-09-2014, 08:25 AM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That got me an extra bean :yess: Your beans truly are the magicest.

Gracias bean-man!

I'm looking to trade them for a cow if either of you have one.

TheFiend
05-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Lejuan is the rep giving master credit half of mine to him. :) I really need to hook him up but I don't give them out enough to give more.

HA! I actually had my eye on a 1/6 Pearl drum kit on eBay but it was $60 and I don't have space to keep a full stage (Jabba's Throne) and concert on display right now. Maybe someday!

You also need a bass. :)

MarfMaster
05-09-2014, 09:35 AM

This is amazing, wish I could rep as well. :lol

Sidious-66
05-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Vader has finally arrived in stock at my retailer. Now to pay the remaining balance and he will soon be here. Better late than never. :lol

Good to hear buddy. :hi5:

I asked you about Vader on the previous page. Mine arrived on Wednesday and he is fantastic but he did arrive with a missing right tusk and the helmet was detached from his mask so I have sent that part away for a replacement which my retailer is sorting out for me as we speak.

I will get pics up as soon as the replacement part arrives. For now I have him displayed with the Anakin head sculpt.

You are going to love him mate.

momaw
05-09-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm looking to trade them for a cow if either of you have one.

I had one but it had too many nipples so it had to go. People were complaining it was too sexy and out of character for it's origins.

mywii
05-09-2014, 09:11 PM
This is just an awesome fig.....

jagzz
05-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Taking photo of my ROTJ vader, using katkuru suit with some padding, and using the other stock helmet with some adjusting dome. Looking good I might say. Just need to buy Lforigno cape n tunic hehe.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/10/e8ebypeq.jpg

TheFiend
05-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Great looking pic there. Love the suit. ****du you say? A member here?

Oh, and no need for lforignos set, at least not for this release. :)

jagzz
05-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Great looking pic there. Love the suit. ****du you say? A member here?

Oh, and no need for lforignos set, at least not for this release. :)

Thank's man appreciate it, yeah it's from a fellow freaks.

Yeah the stock robe and tunic quite good, but a bit short on my vader.

TheFiend
05-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Ah. Are those suit available for purchase?

jagzz
05-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Ah. Are those suit available for purchase?

Check your PM bud..

joda76
05-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Suit looks good on that. Nice