PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 06:45 AM
It's exactly the way they appear in they movies. The glow blurs when the sabre moves to make them look wider at times. But the source is thin and tapered normally.

No. :slap The sabers are always uniform thickness when they're stationary. Just like Vaders in that image.

Look at Luke's which is almost stationary in this shot. Vader is moving his which makes it glow wider..

No. :slap That's called perspective. Things in the distance seem smaller than things in the foreground, therefore Luke's saber tapers into the distance, just like a road into the horizon. Same for Vader's saber in the second image.

SS got it right before IMO, as did HT..

No. It was for stylistic purposes only. You may like the tapered sabers more, but they're by no means closer in appearance to what's used on screen.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/rorywanmods/the-empire-strikes-back-019_zps5d59a40d.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/user/rorywanmods/media/the-empire-strikes-back-019_zps5d59a40d.jpg.html)
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/rorywanmods/images_zps227ffb46.jpeg (http://s981.photobucket.com/user/rorywanmods/media/images_zps227ffb46.jpeg.html)

:slap

King Darkness
01-28-2014, 06:49 AM
pixelpiper knows best?

Didn't see that coming.

Rambler
01-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Final flex finally charged yesterday....now to wait for my shipping notice. :impatient: Hopefully they'll ship today.:pray:

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
pixelpiper knows best?

Didn't see that coming.
Of course he does.
:lol

Your new sig and avatar make me want to burst the Legend Blu-ray out.
:rock

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 06:57 AM
No. :slap The sabers are always uniform thickness when they're stationary. Just like Vaders in that image.

No. :slap That's called perspective. Things in the distance seem smaller than things in the foreground, therefore Luke's saber tapers into the distance, just like a road into the horizon. Same for Vader's saber in the second image.

No. It was for stylistic purposes only. You may like the tapered sabers more, but they're by no means closer in appearance to what's used on screen.
:slap

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I never quiet grasped the whole perspective thing until now.
You have been a great help. Now could you explain motion blur to me as well? it's another thing I have difficulty focusing on.
thanks in advance.

:duff

King Darkness
01-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Of course he does.
Does he ever not?

Your new sig and avatar make me want to burst the Legend Blu-ray out.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244/KingDarkness07/Banners%20and%20avatars/B815j8y.gif (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/KingDarkness07/media/Banners%20and%20avatars/B815j8y.gif.html)

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 06:59 AM
(RE: Topys Studio LED sabers) I have to say, this looks bad. … There are incredibly bright LED's now.

:lecture And they will only look much worse in person. You can't create a convincing saber by lighting only one end - it doesn't matter how bright the LED is. Light travels only in a straight line, so you will see some initial glow at the base, but the brightest part will be the tip - when looking straight down on it. Like he's holding a flashlight.

You can create facets or other imperfections inside the plastic to diffract the light to try and give it a more uniform glow, but that might be a tough little piece of plastic to manufacture. It still doesn't solve the problem of the whole thing being brighter at the base however.

I know where to buy what are called 'chip LEDs', which have no plastic case- they're just bare chips, VERY tiny in size. It's only a matter of time before someone finds a way to harness the power of the new super-bright LED's into the perfect, BLAZING light saber, as bright as the CC's. Even if it means soldering the tiny LED chips together into a double back-to-back strip, then encasing that strip inside opaque colored plastic, for diffusion. I'll wait for that day.

If the plastic were opaque, then it wouldn't, by definition, allow any light to pass through it. I think you mean translucent. And what you call a chip LED is a surface mount LED. Super common, used absolutely everywhere. You would also never wire them like you suggested in your other post, and wiring them correctly it would be almost impossible to put them all right up against each other for a number of reasons, including that they'll need resistors and spacing for the circuit traces. Potentially the resistors could be sandwiched on the inside (between) two strips. Running them in series results in unworkable voltage requirements and poor performance, with voltage drop toward the end of the circuit, plus the potential to knock out the entire circuit with the smallest damage to a single LED or trace.

There are examples out there today of columnar smt LED arrays used to replace traditional light bulbs for automotive (and other) installations. No one makes a 1/6 Lightsaber model yet. ;)

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 07:01 AM
pixelpiper knows best?

Nope, I just know what everyone else also knows - but I was the first person to point it out in this case. Those images are perfect examples of how sabers don't actually taper. ;)

Kuat of Kuat
01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
No. :slap That's called perspective. Things in the distance seem smaller than things in the foreground...

Instantly made me think of Father Ted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8vbd3E6tK2U

anwe
01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
If the plastic were opaque, then it wouldn't, by definition, allow any light to pass through it. I think you mean translucent.

I would guess the poster meant opal plastic which is white but translucent when lighted up. the white plastic between the lights and the print on light boxes uses it.

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 07:25 AM
I would guess the poster meant opal plastic which is white but translucent when lighted up. the white plastic between the lights and the print on light boxes uses it.

Yeah, I've installed a bunch of that, including in my own office, and just recently designed two floor-to-ceiling light boxes for a feature wall in a friend's newly built lounge - I'll be helping him to build an outdoor coffee table out of the stuff this summer. The plastics suppliers all call it "translucent white" - opaque lets through zero light. ;)

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Nope, I just know what everyone else also knows - but I was the first person to point it out in this case. Those images are perfect examples of how sabers don't actually taper. ;)

The original trilogy light sabres were straight rods. The practical spinning bar covered in Scotchlight reflective material. No tapering at top or bottom.

However when the rotoscoped light effects were added, the FX artists pointed and tapered the animated glow effects in different ways from shot to shot. Sometimes in completely the wrong perspective.

So:
Thin Bar: Check. SS got it right.
Tapered end: Check. SS got it right.

Perspective: Following your laws of perspective, the lightsaber blade (which was indeed completely straight) would get bigger and thicker when it's closer to us. And thinner when pointing away.

Near = Big, Far = Small, yeah I think I get it now.

Explain this shot then? Where Vader is obviously pointing the blade towards us. If it's not tapered then why doesn't it get BIGGER closer to camera?

The answer: the animators did all kinds of incorrect perspective changes with the sabres in the OT. Including tapering the ends, consistently though they had THIN blades.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/rorywanmods/lvv_zpsc5816233.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/user/rorywanmods/media/lvv_zpsc5816233.jpg.html)

"I like my Sith blades thin and tapered"
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/rorywanmods/pinksaber6_zps2be2e9a6.jpg (http://s981.photobucket.com/user/rorywanmods/media/pinksaber6_zps2be2e9a6.jpg.html)

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Vader: "ah at last.. Obi-Wan..my old master, ...erm...why the hell is your lightsabre getting narrower at the end considering you are pointing it at me?"

Kenobi: "I don't know Darth..maybe you should ask Pixelpiper.. He knows everything, even more than Master Yoda"

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/rorywanmods/ScreenShot2014-01-28at144206_zps022b58d3.png (http://s981.photobucket.com/user/rorywanmods/media/ScreenShot2014-01-28at144206_zps022b58d3.png.html)

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Explain this shot then? Where Vader is obviously pointing the blade towards us. If it's not tapered then why doesn't it get BIGGER closer to camera?

Probably poor VFX production. Same as in the rest of the SE and prequel. Sub-par editing, compositing and computer generated images, even for their time.

But an interesting thing about those shots posted - it doesn't show that Sideshow got it right - it still shows they got it quite wrong. The sabers that closely match what's seen in the images are Hasbro's.

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 08:42 AM
You'll notice I never argued once about the of the revisionist intentions, but the simple fact remains that the saber blades are perfectly parallel in many shots. Including those that show it extending while lighting up. Thin, thick, taper or no taper, the production collectibles are only as suitable as the desires of the collector.

Good on you for chopping off the last two images - maybe we cross posted. I was pretty careful to grab images of when the saber was not moving, to eliminate the possibility of capturing any motion artifacts, practical or digital. Here's an interesting tidbit, what I wrote my original post it was because the images you posted showed the opposite of what you were saying, but when you reply, it's like you're trying to make me sound like an idiot. You may not agree with what I write, but don't think for a second you know anything about me. I'm not a fan of letting light banter get personal. So while I respect that you have some industry knowledge, at the same time you need to open your eyes.

Wor-Gar
01-28-2014, 08:46 AM
13", 13.5", 14", when you're that much bigger than most guys, it really doesn't matter. :lol

For her pleasure. It should always be for her pleasure.

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 08:47 AM
You'll notice I never argued once about the of the revisionist intentions, but the simple fact remains that the saber blades are perfectly parallel in many shots. Including those that show it extending while lighting up. Thin, thick, taper or no taper, the production pieces are only as suitable as the desires of the collector.

Good on you for chopping off the last two images - maybe we cross posted. I was pretty careful to grab images of when the saber was not moving, to eliminate the possibility of capturing any motion artifacts, practical or digital. Here's an interesting tidbit, what I wrote my original post it was because the images you posted showed the opposite of what you were saying, but when you reply, it's like you're trying to make me sound like an idiot. You may not agree with what I write, but don't think for a second you know anything about me.

No, you went back and added images and changed your post after I had answered you. But thanks for the accusation. :lol

And no again, you jumped into a conversation and acted like I didn't understand the concept of perspective.

But here's the rub: You admitted above that "probably everyone was right" but now you seemed to have deleted your posts and pics...

Seriously.. pawned.. Necro posting a conversation your losing.. Brilliant Idea!!!!

:rotfl

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 08:48 AM
No, you went back and added images and changed your post after I had answered you. But thanks for the accusation. :lol

You posted WHILE I was in mid-edit. That's why I said cross-posted.

And no again, you jumped into a conversation and acted like I didn't understand the concept of perspective.

I "jumped in" - to a public thread on a public forum that I was already participating in?

The post I previously replied to is now missing from the forum. You did say something in the last edit before it disappeared about HT and SSC producing thin tapered blades - I have them, right here, I know how thin they are. You also said that the blades in the OT are "thin" - but anyone watching the movies can see they're not actually very thin at all. One of the reasons some people have disliked the HT and thin SSC blades.

With regards to this new Vader figure, the blade seems, in photos, well scaled to his size. I'll have the figure in hand at the end of the week to see it in person. And while I have blue CCFLs here for Luke, the red ones for Vader are still on a slow boat from Hong Kong. The shaft on these is 3.5mm which is also at a decent scale.

Invictus Sol
01-28-2014, 08:51 AM
People sure get their backs up about the stupidest things. Personally I didn't read anything arrogant or condescending in Pixel's posts but people are really quick to take offense with them for some reason. Rory, you're generally the first person to complain if someone's being rude to you or you're getting "ganged-up on" but you're the one who's being pretty rude and dismissive in this exchange. Maybe it's that inconsistency that gets you jumped from time to time.

pjam
01-28-2014, 08:53 AM
The one thing is the cape is B E A UTIFUL THIS VADER IS GORGEOUS ONE BAD LOOKIN MOFO ! Worth EVERY REPUBLIC CREDT!

More cape love... :rock2

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 08:53 AM
People sure get their backs up about the stupidest things. Personally I didn't read anything arrogant or condescending in Pixel's posts but people are really quick to take offense with them for some reason. Rory, you're generally the first person to complain if someone's being rude to you or you're getting "ganged-up on" but you're the one who's being pretty rude and dismissive in this exchange. Maybe it's that inconsistency that gets you jumped from time to time.

Nah, this guys jumps into a conversation and begins being an *** and explaining to everyone what perspective is. I would recommend you read the full conversation but you can't as he has deleted posts as he goes, trying to swing the conversation to make him look good.

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Nah, this guys jumps into a conversation and begins being an *** and explaining to everyone what perspective is. I would recommend you read the full conversation but you can't as he has deleted posts as he goes, trying to swing the conversation to make him look good.

Who exactly are you trying to lie to here? I haven't deleted anything that I've written, the only posts missing are yours. And I most certainly can't delete anything you've written, I'm not a mod.

Invictus Sol
01-28-2014, 08:59 AM
I've read all the posts, he's not the one saying you work at Burger King, etc. Anyway, whatever. *leaves*

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Who exactly are you trying to lie to here? I haven't deleted anything that I've written, the only posts missing are yours. And I most certainly can't delete anything you've written, I'm not a mod.

No idea what you are talking about Pixel. You have deleted several posts. Where is the post gone on the previous page with the pics you posted? Where you said it was subjective and that everyone was probably right? Did I imagine that?
I'm starting to get a good idea of the type of Freak you are. Any Mod who walks in here will be able to see exactly what you have done.

Now lets say our goodbyes and call it a day.
:wave

I've read all the posts, he's not the one saying you work at Burger King, etc. Anyway, whatever. *leaves*
You haven't, he's deleted posts which haven't been quoted in conversation. *also leaves*

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:08 AM
No idea what you are talking about Pixel. You have deleted several posts. Where is the post gone on the previous page with the pics you posted?

It's was still there when I was replying. to your previous post. Why would I delete a post where I uploaded (painstakingly I might add) a bunch of images? And where I made clear and poignant points?

The only post I see missing is the one where you mentioned that HT and SSC had produced thin blades and that the OT had this blade. I'm going back now to check, it might be that someone has also deleted my post.

It should not be possible for a non-mod to delete a post out of the middle of a thread.

It's either a forum glitch or a mod deleting the posts. There are a bunch of them missing, both yours and mine.

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 09:10 AM
It's was still there when I was replying. to your previous post. Why would I delete a post where I uploaded (painstakingly I might add) a bunch of images? And where I made clear and poignant points?

The only post I see missing is the one where you mentioned that HT and SSC had produced thin blades and that the OT had this blade. I'm going back now to check, it might be that someone has also deleted my post.

It should not be possible for a non-mod to delete a post out of the middle of a thread.
Where is your post with the images Pixel?
I can't delete your post, I'm not a mod.

Anyway as I said previously.. :wave

pjam
01-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Posting this pic of Luke by OSCORP. Is this (SSC Vader and HT Luke) the best set ever or what?

http://www.starwars-hongkong.com/forum/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=MzQyMHwxYzJmNWUyYnwxMzkwNzg1NzMxfDB8OTA0&noupdate=yes[/QUOTE]

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Where is your post with the images Pixel?
I can't delete your post, I'm not a mod.

Did you not read the updated post? There are multiple posts belonging to BOTH OF US missing.

It turns out that the forum is in fact set up to allow deleting posts from the middle of a thread - as opposed to just editing. It could be a posting error causing the posts to be deleted while editing as I know we both edited our posts to add more content. I think at least 1 of mine is missing (the one with the images) and maybe one or two more. And at least 2 of yours are gone.

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Did you not read the updated post? There are multiple posts belonging to BOTH OF US missing.

It turns out that the forum is in fact set up to allow deleting posts from the middle of a thread - as opposed to just editing. It could be a posting error causing the posts to be deleted while editing as I know we both edited our posts to add more content. I think at least 1 of mine is missing (the one with the images) and maybe one or two more. And at least 2 of yours are gone.

Nope, all mine are here thanks. Just yours that are missing. What's this? Divert and confuse the topic?

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Nope, all mine are here thanks. Just yours that are missing. What's this? Divert and confuse the topic?

Are you actually being genuinely forgetful or just disingenuous? There are at least 2 posts of yours missing, likely 3. Including the one where you mentioned Burger King. But also the longer one where you edited two or three times (which is fine) and that I replied to - I didn't quote. I posted right after War-gar, and you message was right before his. You mentioned in that post a sort of check-list of thin sabers with HT and SSC written on multiple lines with some bold text. Then another line summarizing OT = thin sabers. And then practically parroting what I had written about collector preference.

anwe
01-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Looking at the times of the posts there are about fifteen minutes where none of you posted about the sizes and proportions and bad FX and Burger King and that hardly seems possible so I have to come to the conclusion that a few posts have been removed.

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Looking at the times of the posts there are about fifteen minutes where none of you posted

Likewise if you click on either of our profiles you'll see very few posts listed there from this morning in this thread. Certainly not close to the number of times actually posted.

Kuat of Kuat
01-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Are you actually being genuinely forgetful or just disingenuous? There are at least 2 posts of yours missing, likely 3. Including the one where you mentioned Burger King.

It's all very confusing, but I did see the one referring to Burger King.

I thought it was unusual, since Wendy's is the company more often mentioned in such circumstances!

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:35 AM
I wrote this at 10:48AM EST. As far as I know, it was the first mention of disappearing posts, so they started going away sometime just before this.

The post I previously replied to is now missing from the forum. You did say something in the last edit before it disappeared about HT and SSC producing thin tapered blades

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:39 AM
All the images I posted are still in the forum's gallery. Here they are:

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Posting this pic of Luke by OSCORP. Is this (SSC Vader and HT Luke) the best set ever or what?

I have both, Vader not yet in hand, and they define definitely look amazing in pictures (and so far) Luke in person. But from what I've seen, unless you have some strange luck or do some mod work, they will not necessarily look great together.

Dave was the latest person to confirm a 14" Vader. I'm really curious how tall mine will be. Maybe 15" like the old Kenner one I have.

Eamon
01-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Opened mine today! Love it. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/29/8eraryga.jpg

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Opened mine today! Love it.

Very cool shot, love the angle, and the contrast (and reduction in size on the forum) give it an illustration-like quality.

anaking13
01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
I've got it :yess: Some pics :wink1:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/809/xhkz.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/mhxhkzj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/198/y4ri.JPG (https://imageshack.com/i/5iy4riJ)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/46/01jf.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/1a01jfj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/43/qzex.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/17qzexj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/27/ufb1.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/0rufb1j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/542/3la1.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/f23la1j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/203/vlii.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/5nvliij)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/826/p4q5.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/myp4q5j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/843/h29v.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nfh29vj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/801/b8m5.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/m9b8m5j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/811/9gcr.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/mj9gcrj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/607/4u06.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/gv4u06j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/41/ed9s.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/15ed9sj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/191/ytkt.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/5bytktj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/89/rall.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/2hrallj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/18/v58m.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/0iv58mj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/191/5zdf.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/5b5zdfj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/856/rt5b.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nsrt5bj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/191/vuxt.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/5bvuxtj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/32/7951.JPG (https://imageshack.com/i/0w7951J)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/191/imkz.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/5bimkzj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/703/s5d2.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/jjs5d2j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/703/6bnl.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/jj6bnlj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/41/coe4.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/15coe4j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/850/b4bu.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nmb4buj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/546/e5a7.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/f6e5a7j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/811/1k6x.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/mj1k6xj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/f6uo.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/f5f6uoj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/833/3tp4.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n53tp4j)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/23/bnjo.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/0nbnjoj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/az9o.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/f5az9oj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/404/1bz6.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/b81bz6j)

Wor-Gar
01-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Dave was the latest person to confirm a 14" Vader.

What!? Where did he say this, I missed it, no doubt long buried behind the 40 pages of you and Rory going at it. :D

paramoremcr88
01-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Nice pics Eamon and anaking13 :clap

My Vader landed in the UK today, fingers crossed for tomorrow :pray:

Hologram AI
01-28-2014, 11:30 AM
A really solid figure. I'm happy I reordered this when I got the chance instead of deciding on not picking him up. Haven't done any mods to him yet but I'll be looking into filling out his suit and altering his height. I also need to do the helmet mod but overall the figure is quite impressive stock. One thing I can't stand is the lightsaber. While I'm fine with it being a straight rod, it is a tad too thick causing the whole blade to look rather cheap. Would have liked to see it slightly more on the thinner side. As of now it gives me a Hasbro vibe whenever I look at it.

The fabric they used for the robe and cape is also very nice. It was quite a surprise when I felt the material they used. Could use a bit more weight but it's the best stock cape/robe I've seen on a figure.

My small photo review. The figure photographs great.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3801/12184557876_541341f640_b.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3777/12183960285_7242b64f7d_b.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3720/12183963055_11332a2423_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/12183921625_7834146ced_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7337/12183960245_e676934703_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7417/12184573776_e8a0bc53cf_b.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2892/12183956705_007ecf8c61_b.jpg

Family photo
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7383/12184369814_f57636fbd2_b.jpg

Rorywan
01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
A really solid figure. I'm happy I reordered this when I got the chance instead of deciding on not picking him up. Haven't done any mods to him yet but I'll be looking into filling out his suit and altering his height. I also need to do the helmet mod but overall the figure is quite impressive stock. One thing I can't stand is the lightsaber. While I'm fine with it being a straight rod, it is a tad too thick causing the whole blade to look rather cheap. Would have liked to see it slightly more on the thinner side. As of now it gives me a Hasbro vibe whenever I look at it.

The fabric they used for the robe and cape is also very nice. It was quite a surprise when I felt the material they used. Could use a bit more weight but it's the best stock cape/robe I've seen on a figure.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7417/12184573776_e8a0bc53cf_b.jpg

I agree pretty much completely with your review, exact my thoughts..And great pics :rock

Nice pics Eamon and anaking13 :clap

My Vader landed in the UK today, fingers crossed for tomorrow :pray:

Look forward to your pics Para..

Customikey
01-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Got my Vader last night! He looks fantastic, with no issues.. Although apparently you can't leave the lights on all night. When I woke up this morning, his belt was off, his chest was sluggish, and the base was very dim. The helmet stand was still going strong though!

I had planned on just leaving the chest/ belt going , and replacing the batteries as they died. Figured that'd take weeks, not one night! It's too bad they don't run on a timer. I have a set of electric candles that turn on for five hours at the same time every day.

There's not much clearance between Vader's helmet and the roof of the detolf!

pixletwin
01-28-2014, 11:53 AM
@customikey Once I get my replacement parts I am going to into full futz mode with topstick and scissors in hand to make sure the belt doesn't ever slip down to where it shouldn't.

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 11:58 AM

The black on black looks great!

I had planned on just leaving the chest/ belt going , and replacing the batteries as they died. Figured that'd take weeks, not one night!

Yeah, LEDs have decent efficiency, but small batteries don't have much capacity. ;) You'll need to run Vader hard-wired if you want the lights on regularly for extended periods.

paramoremcr88
01-28-2014, 12:10 PM
As I was expecting, fantastic pics Hologram :clap :clap

Look forward to your pics Para..

:hi5:

TheFiend
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Come on Thursday!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Darthrazz
01-28-2014, 12:31 PM

Yeah, LEDs have decent efficiency, but small batteries don't have much capacity. ;) You'll need to run Vader hard-wired if you want the lights on regularly for extended periods.

I wonder if the batteries they ship with are just cheapy no name batteries. I know sometimes the batteries that ship with my kids toys don't last as long as the ones I replace them with. Just a thought, maybe store bought ones might last longer?

Pixelpiper
01-28-2014, 12:33 PM
I wonder if the batteries they ship with are just cheapy no name batteries. I know sometimes the batteries that ship with my kids toys don't last as long as the ones I replace them with. Just a thought, maybe store bought ones might last longer?

Totally possible. Also possible that they're from old stock and somewhat depleted when unpacked. Buying genuine name brand button cells gets pricy really quick though, so when I need them, I always buy the cheap kind myself too. ;) Sometimes they say "Sony" or whatever brand name, but they're likely counterfeit.

greygoose
01-28-2014, 01:00 PM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3777/12183960285_7242b64f7d_b.jpg

Great pics! :rock

rubio95
01-28-2014, 02:09 PM

Cmon, razz! You've been on this board long enough to know that the answer is YES!

For any of my HT Iron Man figures, replacing the batteries was ESSENTIAL. They use the cheapest of the cheap 'to keep costs down'. Like pixelpiper says, brand name batteries are awfully pricey (especially for the Iron Man figures, which tend to use 3 different sizes per figure). But it's worth the few bucks. For one thing, the lights will shine brighter and last longer, but you'll also be minimizing the risk of corrosion within the battery compartment.

UPSMan
01-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Hologram your pics and poses came out great!

Commander Cody
01-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Flex payment 2/3 is complete!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

jra81984
01-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Flex payment 2/3 is complete!

Same here! I have 4 flex pays finishing next month! Lots of packages coming in! I cannot wait to get this and MOS superman!

Commander Cody
01-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Same here! I have 4 flex pays finishing next month! Lots of packages coming in! I cannot wait to get this and MOS superman?

I have MOS aswell. My only two flex payments!

Anthrapoid
01-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I wonder if the batteries they ship with are just cheapy no name batteries. I know sometimes the batteries that ship with my kids toys don't last as long as the ones I replace them with. Just a thought, maybe store bought ones might last longer?It has always bothered me, and seemed illogical, that such tiny, smaller-than-aspirin low capacity batteries are used in Hot Toys figures like the Ironman armors, and now in this SS Vader, when there IS enough space in the body to hold larger batteries that would last longer. I'm sure their choices are based more on economics (profit) than design logistics.

Hologram AI
01-28-2014, 06:11 PM
I agree pretty much completely with your review, exact my thoughts..And great pics :rock

Great pics! :rock

Hologram your pics and poses came out great!

Thanks guys. :duff

As I was expecting, fantastic pics Hologram :clap :clap

Thanks Para. Waiting for your pictures now. :lol Hope it arrives in one piece.

JacktheRipper
01-28-2014, 06:25 PM
So question are they Sideshow making destroy to get your replacement parts anyone know?

You don't have to destroy it, but you will be charged a fee if you don't. How much I do not know.

natron
01-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Working on my photo skills. Great figure!

JacktheRipper
01-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Just opened up my replacement head and just like my replacement cape it is pristine.
SS must have really anticipated having to replace the head 'cause it came in its own box with plastic trays specifically for it. The tray even has the notches that hold the two trays together.
I now have to make time to destroy the damaged head.

rubio95
01-28-2014, 08:27 PM

I like it! Great experimenting with the Medicom saber! I'm getting ready to do that, myself!

What are you shooting with? And what's your studio configuration?

It looks like your throwing at least one gel on the figure. And hint: Longer exposure time means that the saber will look more fully-lit. Like this:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/ryanjrubio/Darth%20Vader/183.jpg

Wor-Gar
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM

That's one beautiful picture! :clap

Alainator
01-28-2014, 08:52 PM
So anyone who has a crooked unmasked head sculpt ask for replacement? If so, does the replacement comes better? thx in advance.

Commander Cody
01-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Fantastic pics Natron!

Darthrazz
01-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Was anyone who replaced the cape asked to destroy it?

Billy Ray
01-28-2014, 10:38 PM
My Vader is here! Unfortunately he is across town at my mom's house (he was a birthday present) and I have to wait until tomorrow till I can go pick him up...I'm both excited and scared at the same time. Hoping he comes undamaged.

UPSMan
01-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Was anyone who replaced the cape asked to destroy it?

Yes I was asked to destroy my cape.

Invictus Sol
01-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Nice pics, natron. Really like this one:

Damn fine figure, QC issues notwithstanding.

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 01:52 AM
Cool pics natron.

Thanks Para. Waiting for your pictures now. :lol Hope it arrives in one piece.

Thanks, I hope he arrives with no major issues. I shall find out later today! :panic:

I'm going to take pics of Vader tomorrow evening, as my new camera is coming tomorrow. He'll be my first piece to photograph with it! :yess:

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Lord Vader has arrived.

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 05:16 AM
But is the death star ready?

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 05:52 AM
It's near completion.

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 06:52 AM

bmarz1000
01-29-2014, 07:53 AM
It's near completion.

The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation. ;)

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 08:01 AM

Darthrazz
01-29-2014, 08:26 AM
If Sideshow released a ROTS of the Vader, would you guys get it? Or is this Vader the final Vader of your collection?

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 08:30 AM
If Sideshow released a ROTS of the Vader, would you guys get it? Or is this Vader the final Vader of your collection?

Personally, I don't like the ROTS symmetric helmet. I have one of the full size signed ones, and I don't like it anymore. I would certainly buy an even *better* ESB or ANH version though.

pixletwin
01-29-2014, 08:31 AM
If I were to buy an RotS Vader I would need an incentive. Something really cool.

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 08:36 AM
If I were to buy an RotS Vader I would need an incentive. Something really cool.

One of Hayden Christensen's fingers?

jra81984
01-29-2014, 08:38 AM

I would be all about it if they made a ROTS version with the operating table... that would make for an incredible display.

pixletwin
01-29-2014, 08:41 AM
One of Hayden Christensen's fingers?

"That's no finger!!!!" :panic:

NAZGUL-KING
01-29-2014, 08:43 AM

Nope, 100% happy with this one! Plus the fact that ROTS DV (in armor) had all of five minutes of screen time and did nothing but whine.:lol This current figure is the way I will always view Vader. I took a gamble and sold off my ANH Vader Ex when this version was announced and am glad that I did because with all the improvements, light up features, and extras, this blows it out of the water IMO.

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 08:43 AM
"That's no finger!!!!" :panic:

greygoose
01-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Lord Vader has arrived.

But is the death star ready?

It's near completion.

The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation. ;)

I enjoyed reading that conversation. :D

SithThundercracker
01-29-2014, 10:06 AM

I may end bouying it beacause, well, it's DV, but I hated the helmet, hated the shoulder armor, hated the skinny look and so on...:mad:

shockwave
01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Package was dropped off yesterday mid afternoon. Fortunately my neighbor was kind enough to sign for it. Sooo Vader is missing his left silver tusk thingy.

I live chat SSC today. They will send me an email & request a pic.

Oh well so much for asking them to check b/f send the package lol.

I feel kind of dumb requesting that.....:slap

Sidious-66
01-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Lord Vader has arrived.

When are the pics due buddy?

I'm looking forward to seeing them. :lecture :yess:

steveo
01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Mine arrives Monday!! Can't wait.

TheFiend
01-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Personally, I don't like the ROTS symmetric helmet. I have one of the full size signed ones, and I don't like it anymore. I would certainly buy an even *better* ESB or ANH version though.

Yeah, I don't like the ROTS helmet at all. Do not want.

steveo
01-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I don't like the ROTS helmet at all. Do not want.

Likewise.

Kuat of Kuat
01-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Not only was my Vader one of the seemingly rare perfect examples, but I just noticed another little bonus.

A while back I set up automatic Fed-Ex billing by credit card for payment of VAT, duty and fees.

Today they sent the invoice for Vader and took the money automatically. And they didn't charge the usual £10.50 advancement fee.

Automatic billing will therefore make every order from Sideshow £10.50 cheaper in future.

A tip worth knowing for those ordering from outside the US, and something I think someone noted in passing earlier in this thread.

Anthrapoid
01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I would be all about it if they made a ROTS version with the operating table... that would make for an incredible display.Can I take the 'Franken-Vader' scene seriously? Would I spend several hundred dollars on any collectibles from that trilogy?
Should that trilogy even be considered as Star Wars canon at all? ...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 01:04 PM
There are exactly 3 Star Wars movies. And 3 other movies that carry a similar name made by the creator of Star Wars that share a few characters and a similar universe.

pixletwin
01-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Boy if you really believe that, you may be in for a rude awakening come episode 7.

Kuat of Kuat
01-29-2014, 01:23 PM
There are exactly 3 Star Wars movies. And 3 other movies that carry a similar name made by the creator of Star Wars that share a few characters and a similar universe.

:goodpost:

I think of the OT as canon.

And file the PT in a drawer labelled 'George Lucas fan fiction'.

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how JJ Abrams spins the franchise. The fact his involvement changed the initial setup/plot was already good news.

pixletwin
01-29-2014, 01:25 PM
I am glad that JJ recognized that people want to see Luke, Han and Leia before they hand hand the franchise over to the young 'uns.

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 01:35 PM
And who knows, maybe some years down the line we'll get a time/universe travel release of Star Trek and we'll finally see the two franchises united. What a day that would be. ;) To find out that Kirk is Vader's father.

Kuat of Kuat
01-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Han Solo and Chewbacca the Tribble?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sLrBFy6B1UQ/UZuI0WExOpI/AAAAAAAARoM/ZFgKSQOUADU/s400/KlickitatStreet+Kirk+Han+Solo+Chewbacca+Quogs.jpg

And more of the same:

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2013/05/quogs-turn-to-dark-side.html

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Never seen those before, but I found some more:

http://www.foodiggity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/KlickitatStreet-Star-Trek-Star-Wars-Mashup-Quogs.jpeg

More nice stuff if you image search for "Star Trek Star Wars mashup"

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Quick pic. Can't wait to photograph him tomorrow with my new camera.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/f53bff72617e736620ee69ef3e9f02bb_zps9e97b86e.jpg

Darthrazz
I am glad that JJ recognized that people want to see Luke, Han and Leia before they hand hand the franchise over to the young 'uns.

Agreed, I would like to see Ewan McGregor play an older Obi-Wan ghost that still visits Luke. I think he could pull it off, what do you guys think?

pixletwin
I would actually love to see Ewen.

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 01:57 PM
I'd rather see them computer animate a character that looks exactly like Alec Guinness and then have someone (with the aid of auto-tune) mimic his voice. If they can pull it off convincingly. Just not any of the people that worked on the animation for the prequels, because it really really stank (remember the Sinbad movies with stop-motion monsters?).

Ewan McGregor in prosthetics that look exactly like Guinness in a pinch though. ;)

Darthrazz
01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
I actually hope that one of the three stand alone movies is about Obi Wan or at least has Ewan reprise his role as Obi-Wan.

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
I would love to see McGregor. And rumor has it we will.
:rock

Also in this category: Maul, Qui-Gon..Jesus even Grievous. I really like the idea of highlighting the good things from the PT.
Disney have a huge investment in not just the OT but also the prequels, each character has a net worth, they are gonna make sure they are not left by the wayside for too long IMO.

SithThundercracker
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Also in this category: Maul, Qui-Gon..Jesus even Grievous. I really like the idea of highlighting the good things from the PT.
Extremely :goodpost:

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM
I'd watch those, especially Maul.

I really like the PT.

Dr. Odd
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Great shot paramore! That lighting makes it look like a shot from the end of Jedi.

RollingJ
01-29-2014, 02:26 PM
That is a great tip! How do I set that up?

Not only was my Vader one of the seemingly rare perfect examples, but I just noticed another little bonus.

A while back I set up automatic Fed-Ex billing by credit card for payment of VAT, duty and fees.

Today they sent the invoice for Vader and took the money automatically. And they didn't charge the usual £10.50 advancement fee.

Automatic billing will therefore make every order from Sideshow £10.50 cheaper in future.

A tip worth knowing for those ordering from outside the US, and something I think someone noted in passing earlier in this thread.

Darklord Dave
01-29-2014, 02:38 PM
I would be all about it if they made a ROTS version with the operating table... that would make for an incredible display.

How about if it had a voice chip to scream "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 02:39 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Batty
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM

I really like this pic. :duff

Darthrazz
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM

Or how about a North East exclusive Vader? 91025

greygoose
01-29-2014, 03:03 PM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/f53bff72617e736620ee69ef3e9f02bb_zps9e97b86e.jpg

Great pic dude! :rock

DarkAngel
01-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Hey I'm thinking of getting this figure...I don't have any star wars figures yet but definitely would like to. Whats the verdict on this guy? Good buy, recommend or no go?

Wor-Gar
01-29-2014, 03:35 PM
I would actually love to see Ewen.

Who is Ewen?

Creighton
01-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Had my Vader almost a week. Great figure but let's be honest, the lightsaber sucks and is an insult in what ever prospective you display it in.

webhead
01-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Is his rear supposed to be stitched like that?

Solo_bones
01-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Is his rear supposed to be stitched like that?

No, someone determined that the tailor got it backwards. That was supposed to be the crotch.

paramoremcr88
01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Great shot paramore! That lighting makes it look like a shot from the end of Jedi.

I really like this pic. :duff

Great pic dude! :rock

Thanks guys :duff

webhead
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
No, someone determined that the tailor got it backwards. That was supposed to be the crotch.

awesome thanks. So do I need to get a replacement or just rotate the pants around?

Rzeznikk
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey I'm thinking of getting this figure...I don't have any star wars figures yet but definitely would like to. Whats the verdict on this guy? Good buy, recommend or no go?

BUY HIM.

Solo_bones
01-29-2014, 04:44 PM
awesome thanks. So do I need to get a replacement or just rotate the pants around?

There is no replacement, yet. The only way to fix it is to un-stitch the bottom and re-stitch them back on the correct way. :(

webhead
01-29-2014, 05:03 PM
There is no replacement, yet. The only way to fix it is to un-stitch the bottom and re-stitch them back on the correct way. :(

Does it make any difference with how it bunches at at the crotch? Has anyone tried that?

Anthrapoid
01-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Agreed, I would like to see Ewan McGregor play an older Obi-Wan ghost that still visits Luke. I think he could pull it off, what do you guys think?Ewan M. was good as younger Obiwan, probably the only really good casting choice IMO. However: What would REALLY blow people's minds in the upcoming SW movie, (and be a fitting homage in memoriam) would be a PERFECT reproduction in CGI of Alec Guinness. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. Surely there must be plenty of dialogue outtakes and unused audio test recordings from which new dialog could be constructed, using Alec Guinness' real voice.
Get some excellent animators from WETA to recreate the face, add the blue glowing aura, and it would be amazing to see OBIWAN KENOBI on screen. It could be a really powerful moment between Ben and Luke.

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 05:32 PM
What would REALLY blow people's minds in the upcoming SW movie, (and be a fitting homage in memoriam) would be a PERFECT reproduction in CGI of Alec Guinness.

That's such a great idea, I can't believe no one else suggested it! :wave

King Darkness
01-29-2014, 05:51 PM

Nice shot, para.

punisher1974
01-29-2014, 06:02 PM
I got My Vader in and he is awesome. Figure is fine with no issues. The helmet stand is a little crooked but not a big deal. Love the cape and inner robe they made for him. Anyone on the fence should buy Vader if they are a fan. I will post some crappy pics when I get him futzed

Darkseed
01-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Vader arrived yesterday. No time to play but not apparent defects and it appears to be a solid effort. Much happier with this than Malgus.

jedijim3002
01-29-2014, 06:07 PM
I agree that old footage and audio would work best. I mean they did it for Jor-El in superman returns and it worked really well. That being said I think Bernard Hill from Lord of The Rings would make a great stand in for Alec.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/yzy3ezy5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/vype2ere.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/nagyhame.jpg

He has the look and he may be able to pull off the voice. A CGI Alec I think would be my last choice though.

Rorywan
01-29-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't think introducing a third actor or a digital recreation is a good idea.
Ewan nailed it, why over complicate things further?

joebizz34
01-29-2014, 06:55 PM

I think because having Ewan play Older Obi after the original trilogy would be just as bad and inconsistent. Ewan did nail it...but he nailed it being the younger version. Having him appear after Alec's time would be equally as bad IMO. I say if it can't be done right, then leave it alone and don't have Obi appear at all in the new films.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TheFiend
01-29-2014, 07:18 PM
I agree that old footage and audio would work best. I mean they did it for Jor-El in superman returns and it worked really well. That being said I think Bernard Hill from Lord of The Rings would make a great stand in for Alec.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/nagyhame.jpg

That's not a bad idea. He probably pull it off.

But then again....

Pretty much. A third actor does seem unnecessary. Ewan was awesome. One of the better parts of the PT.

But then again...

"..... leave it alone and don't have Obi appear at all in the new films.

I'd rather let it to rest. Do I really want to see Old Hamill talking to a Ewan Old Ben in make up. Nah. Do I further want to see an Old Hamill tallking to a third actor to take the role. Not really. I definitely don't want to see a CGI Guinness. :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
01-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Wow! I didn't realize how much of a resemblance Bernard Hill has to Sir Alec - especially that last pic there.

That said, I also think that they shouldn't muddy the waters any further - the legacy has already got too much of that going on.

It'll be interesting to see what they do though - if anything.

Rambler
01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
FINALLY got my shipping notice for this bad boy from SSC! :yess: Now the long wait until Tuesday.:gah:

natron
01-29-2014, 08:47 PM
I like it! Great experimenting with the Medicom saber! I'm getting ready to do that, myself!

What are you shooting with? And what's your studio configuration?

It looks like your throwing at least one gel on the figure. And hint: Longer exposure time means that the saber will look more fully-lit. Like this:

Thanks, rubio95! That's actually a cheap-*** LED saber from ebay. The hilt is metal, which is pretty cool, but it's too large for scale (but you can't tell in the dark). The Medicom saber looks like it might have a more even glow. I'm using a Sony HX-300 and a generic photo tent kit from Amazon with a couple of cheap desk lamps with 60W sunlight-temp CFL bulbs (amateur hour!). The gels are actually small frosted LEDs with a magnet on the bottom, which lets me attach them to the tent frame so I can position them above the subject. That's a sweet picture. Thanks for the exposure tip; I'll try that.

That's one beautiful picture! :clap

Fantastic pics Natron!

Cool pics natron.

Thanks, guys! I can't come close to some of the great pics on here, but I'm learning. paramoremcr88, your "quick pic" is freaking awesome!

jedijim3002
01-29-2014, 08:59 PM
That's not a bad idea. He probably pull it off.

But then again....

Pretty much. A third actor does seem unnecessary. Ewan was awesome. One of the better parts of the PT.

But then again...

I'd rather let it to rest. Do I really want to see Old Hamill talking to a Ewan Old Ben in make up. Nah. Do I further want to see an Old Hamill tallking to a third actor to take the role. Not really. I definitely don't want to see a CGI Guinness. :lol

That's funny how you made it look like I posted all those comments.

Kuat of Kuat
01-29-2014, 09:08 PM
That is a great tip! How do I set that up?

Just go to the Fed Ex UK site and set up an account. Then you can find options to set up a credit card for billing.

I did it primarily to make it easier to pay them, but didn't realize it also meant they wouldn't charge the advancement fee.

Solo_bones
01-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Does it make any difference with how it bunches at at the crotch? Has anyone tried that?

When it was flipped it looked much better, because it's pinched at the crotch vs having space for a butt, as it is now. If you revers it things will be correct. Nobody has tried unstitching and reversing but they DID try reversing the suit, but there is velcro on the front (instead of the back) so that was not a workable trade off. Better to un-stitch and re-stitch, if you are brave enough and talented enough.

Pixelpiper
01-29-2014, 09:11 PM
That's funny how you made it look like I posted all those comments.

He didn't. Every quote was marked with its author's name, only the first one was yours. Are you reading the thread in a mobile reader like Tapatalk?

Darthrazz
01-29-2014, 10:12 PM
When it was flipped it looked much better, because it's pinched at the crotch vs having space for a butt, as it is now. If you revers it things will be correct. Nobody has tried unstitching and reversing but they DID try reversing the suit, but there is velcro on the front (instead of the back) so that was not a workable trade off. Better to un-stitch and re-stitch, if you are brave enough and talented enough.

Speaking of the suit, does anyone think this material will eventually go bad like the medicos suits did?

buzzybean
01-29-2014, 10:17 PM

I find it weird that people that trash the prequels seem to always give ROTJ a pass.

TheFiend
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Nothing weird there. ROTJ is better than anything about the prequels, even with its flaws.

Darkarn009
01-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Brought to you by the word Denial

Kuat of Kuat
01-29-2014, 11:01 PM
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/TO+be+honest+Return+of+the+Jedi+was+not+as+_1cf873 9758918c89223464cc033515e6.jpg

Rook
01-29-2014, 11:57 PM
I find it weird that people that trash the prequels seem to always give ROTJ a pass.

Jabba. Speeder bikes. Death Star II. Emperor. Death of Yoda. Big effing space battle. John Williams at his finest. Millennium Falcon penetrates a space station like a boss. Wedge survives again. Redemption of Anakin. Ewoks. (Die, naysayers. Ewoks were awesome.) Oh, and ...

"IT'S A TRAP!!!"

Yep. I'll give all that a pass.

Rook
01-29-2014, 11:57 PM
(Incidentally, I also give the prequels a pass. Love 'em. Well, most of 'em.)

paramoremcr88
01-30-2014, 12:36 AM
Nice shot, para.

Thanks King! :duff

Thanks, guys! I can't come close to some of the great pics on here, but I'm learning. paramoremcr88, your "quick pic" is freaking awesome!

Thanks natron :hi5:

Anthrapoid
01-30-2014, 01:16 AM
Anakin... has... Eyebrows.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/823/1dub.jpg

EVILFACE
01-30-2014, 02:35 AM

ROTJ is TPM with Muppets.

DeadLeaves
01-30-2014, 02:44 AM

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae6/deso77/Gifs/muppet-show-o.gif~original

Darkarn009
01-30-2014, 03:30 AM
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae6/deso77/Gifs/muppet-show-o.gif~original
That's pretty scarey...

Pixelpiper
01-30-2014, 06:22 AM

That's because no one in their right mind can follow every part of the plot of the prequels - or want to. It's a convoluted mess. A dry and ill-conceived political nightmare - that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, making nearly everything that happens (and plotted) completely superfluous. There were 101 ways to have achieved the same end result without all the BS over the course of all the years of plotting by Palpatine. Everything about the prequels is just stupid, including the basic timeline of events.

joebizz34
01-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Nothing weird there. ROTJ is better than anything about the prequels, even with its flaws.

100% agree. ROTJ on its worse day is still superior to anything prequel related. Anyone that disagrees with that is obviously from a newer generation that looks at the prequels in a much different mindset and perspective. I don't have a problem with some liking the prequels or at least parts of it...but I would highly disagree with anyone that would say that any of those high budget turds are better then any of the original movies. The last 20 minutes of Return alone is worth the whole movie. Heck....the moment of Vader 's redemption is worth the whole movie.

TheFiend
01-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Agreed. I get why some people take issue with some of the ideas with ROTJ. The second Death Star is kinda lame in the sense they've already did the Death Star thing in the first film, so its not very original, marginalizing Han and making him less "edgy", the sister thing and yeah, the Ewoks. Although, I can't help it, I like the Ewoks. They're only furry R2-D2's, so lets not act like SW didnt already dip its toe in some cutesy factors already. But ROTJ has a ton of cool stuff going for it, some have already been mentioned. The whole Jabba sequence, speeder bikes, the saber fight at the end (pretty much all the scenes with Vader, Luke and the Emperor are great for me), Anakins redemption etc. All that stuff is awesome and nothing from the PT holds a candle to any of that stuff.

joebizz34
01-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Agreed. I get why some people take issue with some of the ideas with ROTJ. The second Death Star is kinda lame in the sense they've already did the Death Star thing in the first film, so its not very original, marginalizing Han and making him less "edgy", the sister thing and yeah, the Ewoks. Although, I can't help it, I like the Ewoks. They're only furry R2-D2's, so lets not act like SW didnt already dip its toe in some cutesy factors already. But ROTJ has a ton of cool stuff going for it, some have already been mentioned. The whole Jabba sequence, speeder bikes, the saber fight at the end (pretty much all the scenes with Vader, Luke and the Emperor are great for me), Anakins redemption etc. All that stuff is awesome and nothing from the PT holds a candle to any of that stuff.

Yeah which brings up another point. The second Death Star was nearly complete after only several years between ANH and ROTJ right? But at the end of ROTS they show them beginning to construct the original one. So your telling me that it took 20 years to finish the first one but only several to ALMOST finish the second one? Pfff...bad writing and screwy time lines all around from the prequels. It's like Lucas didn't even pay attention to his own movies.

teemu
01-30-2014, 09:03 AM

joebizz34
01-30-2014, 09:06 AM

Also agree. I'll take muppets that look like they are really there vs. all that CGI cartoony looking crap from any of the prequels any day.

jedijim3002
01-30-2014, 09:07 AM
He didn't. Every quote was marked with its author's name, only the first one was yours. Are you reading the thread in a mobile reader like Tapatalk?

Yup. That must be it. Weird. I've never seen that before until yesterday. Maybe part of the new update. Wow.

NAZGUL-KING
01-30-2014, 09:28 AM
There were a few things that I thought were cool in the prequels:

- Jango Fett VS Obi Wan on Kamino and then their dogfight in the asteroid field (it was cool to see Slave One in action)

- Darth Maul

- Anakin VS Obi Wan

I wonder if my opinion of the prequels would have been different if I would have seen them as a child. I was five in 1977 when I first saw ANH and I've been hooked ever since. My son is eight and only knows Star Wars as 6 DVDs and really enjoys them all, as well having a ton of SW toys. I guess I'll have to wait and see how his opinion changes as he gets older. I did have fun seeing the prequels in the theater but it still couldn't compare to the experience of seeing the originals.

Shanester
01-30-2014, 09:28 AM
My Vader came with a busted belt and chest pack. The lights would not work at all, but CS has a new one on the way.

zeiss
01-30-2014, 09:37 AM
My main problem with the prequels was that the character of Anakin wasn't very well executed. The mannerisms, way of emoting, and manner of speech were so different from the Vader everyone grew up with that it was difficult to reconcile that they were the same character. Additionally, the character's descent into darkness was jerky. It felt that in ROTS his decision to save Palpatine was like someone turning on a light switch. Afterwards, he immediately went from being a hero to a child and friend murderer. From hero to villain in a span of a second. The transition should have been more gradual

TheFiend
01-30-2014, 09:48 AM
There were a few things that I thought were cool in the prequels:

- Jango Fett VS Obi Wan on Kamino and then their dogfight in the asteroid field (it was cool to see Slave One in action)

- Darth Maul

- Anakin VS Obi Wan

I can agree with those. Those are literally the only parts of the prequels I will rewatch. :lol Darth Maul is just cool. Theres just no denying it. His design, the way he moves, that inense look in his eyes, the double lightsaber. Jango Vs. Obi at Kamino is also cool. And I think Anakin Vs. Obi was actually done fairly well, sans some of that dialogue Anakin had.
The bit of dialogue from Obi at the end was done very well too. That's probably the only bit of dramatic/emotional diologue/acting that actually made me feel something. Of course everything after that is beyond atrocious. I didn't care ,nor feel ,anything for any of the characters in the PT. By time ROTS comes around I should be completely emotionally invested in the Anakin character, and I should feel devastated about his downfall, but I don't feel anything.

NAZGUL-KING
01-30-2014, 10:05 AM
I can agree with those. Those are literally the only parts of the prequels I will rewatch. :lol Darth Maul is just cool. Theres just no denying it. His design, the way he moves, that inense look in his eyes, the double lightsaber. Jango Vs. Obi at Kamino is also cool. And I think Anakin Vs. Obi was actually done fairly well, sans some of that dialogue Anakin had.
The bit of dialogue from Obi at the end was done very well too. That's probably the only bit of dramatic/emotional diologue/acting that actually made me feel something. Of course everything after that is beyond atrocious. I didn't care ,nor feel ,anything for any of the characters in the PT. By time ROTS comes around I should be completely emotionally invested in the Anakin character, and I should feel devastated about his downfall, but I don't feel anything.

Yeah, I agree that the ending verbal exchange between Anakin and Obi Wan was pretty good.

I forgot to add that I love the design and look of the 501st Clone Troopers as well.

Rambler
01-30-2014, 10:12 AM
It just kills me how they handled Anakin's turn. I wanted to see him slaughtering Jedi, not a bunch of defenseless kids. That would have hammered home the point that Vader was a total bad ***. Similar to how Malgus looked in the Old Republic trailers. Lucas dropped the ball there.

NAZGUL-KING
01-30-2014, 10:24 AM
It just kills me how they handled Anakin's turn. I wanted to see him slaughtering Jedi, not a bunch of defenseless kids. That would have hammered home the point that Vader was a total bad ***. Similar to how Malgus looked in the Old Republic trailers. Lucas dropped the ball there.

:exactly:

I thought for sure that we were gonna get Vader in full armor a lot sooner and that a good part of the movie was going to have him hunting down real Jedi as well. Just a ton of awesome duels would have been epic.

SithThundercracker
01-30-2014, 10:27 AM
I wonder if my opinion of the prequels would have been different if I would have seen them as a child. I was five in 1977 when I first saw ANH and I've been hooked ever since.

That is a great point. I missed the opportunity of seeing the OT at theater as I was born in 82, but I grew up with that movies. But I also liked the PT (recognizing the stupidity of Anakin as a character and the awful lot of bad fan service). Usually people older than me thinks that the OT was epic and the PT is crap. Many of my age think prequels are ok but OT is a classic. I've met a few of my age that never saw the originals and went through the saga as a 6 part story...all of them said that the PT was cool and the OT was incredibly boring.

Rambler
01-30-2014, 10:27 AM
:exactly:

I thought for sure that we were gonna get Vader in full armor a lot sooner and that a good part of the movie was going to have him hunting down real Jedi as well. Just a ton of awesome duels would have been epic.

That would be awesome and I have faith in JJ to give us some great duels. How can Bioware get that part right and not GL?:slap

paramoremcr88
01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Got my new camera today and Vader was first to be photographed.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/c3cd7f5a936b921afbbd7e4c8e5948c0_zpsd08ca49a.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/55354cdb2cbd76390631c3a4545c6670_zpsa2c3edc6.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/ab62b918fdfa7c30a68c9288164a6ae2_zpsde4942a3.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/70f7bde3e5a54ed9a02627d896e27ce9_zps52bc8cf0.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/3c0567f8f0268b234e5e580c9f392aeb_zps836eefcc.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/eb22fb1cb66b38b9394a1b8e5cd126b1_zpsd1c3bde6.jpg

shockwave
01-30-2014, 10:54 AM

Excellent pic indeed paramoremcr88. Looks like an alternate reality scene where Vader & Luke killed Palpy (the aftermath)

Also I received Vader, missing tusk, emailed SSC sent 3 pics. But the rep said to send one @ a time. :slap

DEATHASYLUM
01-30-2014, 11:30 AM

Not sure what was wrong with your old camera :wink1: Fantastic pics as always man :clap Here are a few not even as good, but I try :lol

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5521/12124975815_37c31ef633_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/12125634126_c4b99aa5ee_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3804/12125634066_4fea4023d9_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/12125691366_36c24be21a_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3770/12125373264_8322dc9ed6_b.jpg

RollingJ
01-30-2014, 11:42 AM

Great shots :clap

jedijim3002
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
I did the TTM-20 body swap last night. Very pleased with the results. Now he is exactly 13.5" tall. Blissy!!!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/5a8avybe.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/zy7a9ana.jpg

Pixelpiper
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM

Absolutely stellar. I don't really think saying any more is needed. :lecture

My Vader is in the house. Sitting here on the floor a few feet away from me, but I haven't even opened the box, only the shipper. Might have to wait a few hours because it's almost time to go pick up my daughter from school. Also picked up my first SSC Stormy today (from a nice board member who messaged me a couple of weeks ago). He'll be posed elsewhere though, as Vader is headed for a duel on Bespin.

pixletwin
01-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Received my replacement belt yesterday and my Vader helmet replacement is due to arrive tomorrow. :yess:

Darthrazz
01-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Finally! A leaked image from the New Star Wars movie! Looks like either Leia or Luke have fallen to the dark side! While the Emperor watches from her throne!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/article-0-0136AECF00000578-698_468x341.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/article-0-0136AECF00000578-698_468x341.jpg.html)

Pixelpiper
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I've opened the box and right now I'm visually inspecting before taking off the top plastic shell.

1. The plastic film/bag over the left tusk has a hole in it, the same as many others have shown. The plastic shell in that area is not crushed and can not touch the tusks. It may be possible for Vader to move around in there. The head it tilted a bit to his left side, so if he moves, that tusk would probably hit the plastic shell.

2. Both tusks are in still place.

3. Measured 13 7/8" - 14" from head to toe - this is through the top shell, before unpacking. When I get him out I can be more precise.

4. Removed the top plastic shell - plastic film came up with it. There are many spots on the plastic film that are scratched/dinged from Vader touching them. At $250+ this figure should have been packed in FOAM like Hot Toys, not plastic.

5. It's way more difficult that it needs to be to remove part like the saber hilt from the plastic. Again, it should have been packed in soft foam. Plastic looks and feels CHEAP.

Developing.

Invictus Sol
01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
I did the TTM-20 body swap last night. Very pleased with the results. Now he is exactly 13.5" tall. Blissy!!!
Hmm, a TTM20 body swap is tempting. Will wait for more pics... Like that 13.5" height, though!

I've opened the box and right now I'm visually inspecting before taking off the top plastic shell.

1. The plastic film/bag over the left tusk has a hole in it, the same as many others have shown. The plastic shell in that area is not crushed and can not touch the tusks. It may be possible for Vader to move around in there. The head it tilted a bit to his left side, so if he moves, that tusk would probably hit the plastic shell.

2. Both tusks are in still place.

3. Measured 13 7/8" - 14" from head to toe - this is through the top shell, before unpacking. When I get him out I can be more precise.

4. Removed the top plastic shell - plastic film came up with it. There are many spots on the plastic film that are scratched/dinged from Vader touching them. At $250+ this figure should have been packed in FOAM like Hot Toys, not plastic.

5. It's way more difficult that it needs to be to remove part like the saber hilt from the plastic. Again, it should have been packed in soft foam. Plastic looks and feels CHEAP.

Developing.
Good point about the foam. Probably would've prevented a lot of dings/scratches and held the body more securely. Really like HT's use of the soft foam for normal figures and the hard foam for the heavier ones, like diecast or Hulk, etc.

Pixelpiper
01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
So I put him away after the last message as I had some things to do. Just got back and walking up the stairs to my office, no lie, I could smell Vader as I got to the top. Walking down the hall smell getting stronger. By the time I got to my office, i'd already got accustomed to it so now I can't really identify the smell anymore. I hope the guys in the factory and packing areas have some decent ventilation and respirators.

UPSMan
01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Received my replacement belt yesterday and my Vader helmet replacement is due to arrive tomorrow. :yess:

I got my replacement cape yesterday as well. It came in a ziploc bag and stuffed in a box, it came in perfect condition. Finally a great looking Vader on display.

On another note great pics Paramore & Deathasylum !

UPSMan
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
So I put him away after the last message as I had some things to do. Just got back and walking up the stairs to my office, no lie, I could smell Vader as I got to the top. Walking down the hall smell getting stronger. By the time I got to my office, i'd already got accustomed to it so now I can't really identify the smell anymore. I hope the guys in the factory and packing areas have some decent ventilation and respirators.

Man, Your aren't lying. That smell smacked me in the face when I got him out of his box.

Pixelpiper
01-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Moment of truth… I'm about to take him out. Let's see what that cape looks like. And dome and…

Measured accurately and he's EXACTLY 14" prior to any adjustments, standing perfectly straight. He needs to come down .75" for scale, but I'll be satisfied if I can get him to 13.5" The suit fabric seems stretchy so I hope to pad out the arms and avoid an expensive (although awesome looking) body swap.

Tusks - OK
Cape - OK
Dome - OK
Extra Helmet - OK
Extra mask - OK
Head Sculpt - OK
Sabers - OK
Chest panel - OK

About to open the battery compartment to remove the plastic film and try the LEDs.

LEDs - OK

He seems VERY easy to get taller, slightly pull out the boots and adjust the shin guards and you can easily have a 14.25" Vader. So far I haven't been able to get him any shorter by adjusting the feet/shins. Don't have time right now to try adjusting anything else, have to get down to the kitchen to make some amazing 4-5 minute Pizzas.

greygoose
01-30-2014, 03:02 PM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/c3cd7f5a936b921afbbd7e4c8e5948c0_zpsd08ca49a.jpg

Incredible photos bud! What camera did you buy?

Hologram AI
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM

Fantastic shots as always para. What DSLR did you pick up? I picked up a 7100 about 2 weeks ago and Vader was the first to be photographed as well.

Also glad to see you got yours without any QC issues.

Invictus Sol
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Glad your Vader's in good shape, pixel! Thinking the TTM20 is the way to go, but I'll have to ponder on it.

paramoremcr88
01-30-2014, 04:00 PM

Excellent pic indeed paramoremcr88. Looks like an alternate reality scene where Vader & Luke killed Palpy (the aftermath)

Also I received Vader, missing tusk, emailed SSC sent 3 pics. But the rep said to send one @ a time. :slap

Thanks shockwave, glad you like that pic. Sorry to hear yours was missing a tusk, hope Sideshow sort it quickly.

Not sure what was wrong with your old camera :wink1: Fantastic pics as always man :clap Here are a few not even as good, but I try :lol

Thanks, old camera will still be used, but wanted an upgrade for shooting figures and other things. I like your Vaders pose, that's the same as mine's in!

Great shots :clap

Absolutely stellar. I don't really think saying any more is needed. :lecture

Cheers pixel, appreciate it. :duff

Incredible photos bud! What camera did you buy?

Fantastic shots as always para. What DSLR did you pick up? I picked up a 7100 about 2 weeks ago and Vader was the first to be photographed as well.

Also glad to see you got yours without any QC issues.

Many thanks guys, appreciate it. :duff

My Vader did have one QC issue. His helmet is severely scratched in a couple places, but Sideshow are sorting a replacement.

I bought a Nikon D3200 and a macro lens.

greygoose
01-30-2014, 04:10 PM

Nice one! :rock

rubio95
01-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Many thanks guys, appreciate it. :duff

My Vader did have one QC issue. His helmet is severely scratched in a couple places, but Sideshow are sorting a replacement.

Great work!

What macro lens is it? 85mm? 105mm?

paramoremcr88
01-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Nice one! :rock

Great work!

What macro lens is it? 85mm? 105mm?

Thanks, 40mm.

It's this lens.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-AF-S-Micro-NIKKOR-40mm/dp/B005C50H2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391124650&sr=8-1&keywords=Nikon+AF-S+DX+Micro+NIKKOR+40mm+f%2F2.8G+Lens

joebizz34
01-30-2014, 05:16 PM

That's an awesome camera!!! Almost the same one I have. I own the D3100 and bought it 3 years ago. Still going strong so you will not be disappointed. All the vids on my YouTube channel were also shot using this camera so it is great for pictures and videos in HD. Congrats!!

King Darkness
01-30-2014, 05:51 PM

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/55354cdb2cbd76390631c3a4545c6670_zpsa2c3edc6.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/ab62b918fdfa7c30a68c9288164a6ae2_zpsde4942a3.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/70f7bde3e5a54ed9a02627d896e27ce9_zps52bc8cf0.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/3c0567f8f0268b234e5e580c9f392aeb_zps836eefcc.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/eb22fb1cb66b38b9394a1b8e5cd126b1_zpsd1c3bde6.jpg

Fantastic pictures :clap

DarkAngel
01-30-2014, 06:28 PM
And...ordered!

morphosis
01-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Anyone looking to trade or sell their Ex Vader? I have all the HTs Avengers to trade and other stuff.... I put up WTT in the trading section. :)

Pixelpiper
01-30-2014, 07:27 PM
You want that severed hand that badly, eh? ;)

barryo
01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
excellent pics paramoremcr88. that should get a few orders placed...........:lecture

JacktheRipper
01-30-2014, 07:33 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2hex3e1.jpg

Lejuan
01-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Damn Jack, I'd be looking at a replacement for that - worst QC ever :(

JacktheRipper
01-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Damn Jack, I'd be looking at a replacement for that - worst QC ever :(

Naw, it didn't come like that. I had to destroy it.

Lejuan
01-30-2014, 08:24 PM
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp270/ParaMerlinaGroep/Lachers/gotcha.gif

TheFiend
01-30-2014, 08:24 PM

I'm sure Lejuan was joking.

JacktheRipper
01-30-2014, 08:32 PM
I thought so, but just incase he wasn't. Don't need anymore complaining around these parts.

paramoremcr88
01-31-2014, 12:46 AM
That's an awesome camera!!! Almost the same one I have. I own the D3100 and bought it 3 years ago. Still going strong so you will not be disappointed. All the vids on my YouTube channel were also shot using this camera so it is great for pictures and videos in HD. Congrats!!

Cool, I'm looking forward to using the video on this, probably for my next collection update.

Fantastic pictures :clap

Many thanks King! :hi5:

And...ordered!

:duff

excellent pics paramoremcr88. that should get a few orders placed...........:lecture

Thanks barryo :hi5:

Anthrapoid
01-31-2014, 02:28 AM
I wish I had the time to sculpt an unmasked David Prowse head to pop onto my new SS Vader...
It would make such a great display option, if someone could produce a high quality likeness of Prowse circa 1980-83,
with a bit of a grin on his face and those big sideburns he had, as if he's taking a break during filming.
Anyone else think the old boy deserves a bit of glory here? I do.
http://imageshack.com/a/img839/7397/7iqh.jpg
The above photo is not from the 80's obviously; probably some convention appearance,
or other promotional photo from about 2000 I expect.
http://imageshack.com/a/img823/3480/wmq4.jpg

baloo
01-31-2014, 05:11 AM
Baloo is BACK! (...)
:wave Only part-time, mate... This wooden house never ends!

Are you the same Baloo at Replica Forum?
:lecture There can be only one baloo!

13", 13.5", 14", when you're that much bigger than most guys, it really doesn't matter.:lol
For her pleasure. It should always be for her pleasure.

Tsssss tsssss ... One feels so alone in the dark side ...

http://cdn.imglols.com/wp-content/uploads/does-darth-vader-do-this-when-masturbating.gif

Vader: "ah at last.. Obi-Wan..my old master, ...erm...why the hell is your lightsabre getting narrower at the end considering you are pointing it at me?"

Kenobi: "I don't know Darth..maybe you should ask Pixelpiper.. He knows everything, even more than Master Yoda"
Sometimes one believes, one believes, and then ...

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/expectations-vs-reality-facebook-photo.jpg

Nice, really nice shot(s)! :clap
... Sure, the force is with you! :rock2

http://i58.tinypic.com/2hex3e1.jpg

:horror Splashy ... Peace to his soul.

@ Anthrapoid : I love these shots of filming.

Chakaman
01-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Here is a pic of my unmodded ESB/ROTJ Vader next to my modded ANH Vader with the extra ROTJ Vader dome.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/Chaka34/0181000x750_zpsbdd504be.jpg

I think I still might prefer the Hasbro dome on the ANH version. Not sure.

FLOSI
01-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I left my ANH Vader as is. I like the way he ended up....

Chakaman
01-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I left my ANH Vader as is. I like the way he ended up....

I think I do too. I will probably switch it back.

DarthTrafford
01-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Wendy has her review up

http://youtu.be/u95eegFqE1M

Rorywan
01-31-2014, 11:17 AM
I wish I had the time to sculpt an unmasked David Prowse head to pop onto my new SS Vader...
It would make such a great display option, if someone could produce a high quality likeness of Prowse circa 1980-83,
with a bit of a grin on his face and those big sideburns he had, as if he's taking a break during filming.
Anyone else think the old boy deserves a bit of glory here? I do.
http://imageshack.com/a/img839/7397/7iqh.jpg
The above photo is not from the 80's obviously; probably some convention appearance,
or other promotional photo from about 2000 I expect.

After reading the Making Of Books, I think Prowse is a complete arse.

FLOSI
01-31-2014, 11:22 AM
I think I do too. I will probably switch it back.

Right now I still have the new Vader displayed by himself, so although I'm thinking of adjusting the dome just slightly I'm really happy otherwise... Of course, I know the final display spot for this will be with HT Luke, so we'll see how I feel about it then.

hennypenny
01-31-2014, 11:26 AM
After reading the Making Of Books, I think Prowse is a complete arse.
Please explain. I thought he was so modest and didn't want the credits?

Rorywan
01-31-2014, 11:44 AM

Well, it seemed he was a constant pain in the arse and was almost fired a few times. He complained about not getting the recognition the others got and couldn't come to terms with the fact he was just a big guy in the suit. He leaked material to the press on several occasions which almost lead to him being replaced entirely by Lucas.

baloo
01-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Sorry but I must have translation problems there.
"...constant pain in the arse..."
... Hemorrhoids?

VintijDroidGutzz
01-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Lucas still has a grudge with the man - to this day apparently, after Prowse leaked spoiler info regarding ESB's plot details before the yes men could gag him.

I don't think that rift will ever mend. :lol

Rorywan
01-31-2014, 12:10 PM
Sorry but I must have translation problems there.
"...constant pain in the arse..."
... Hemorrhoids?

Yes, he gave them all Hemorrhoids!

Invictus Sol
01-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Wendy has her review up

http://youtu.be/u95eegFqE1M
Good review. Like how they break down the outfits and bodies in their reviews (base body looks surprisingly good, too -- really like that shoulder articulation). Wish they'd stop with the 'comedy' intros, though. This one was the worst in a while, lol.

Anthrapoid
01-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Maybe Prowse acted like a jerk in some way- but at least he is in no way responsible for episodes I through III.
That would be the obscenely rich arse, Lucas. Jar Jar Binks anyone? Young Vader/Anakin built C-3P0? Yippee?
I will restrain myself....

I'm sure lots of actors were difficult at times during filming, some more than others; Prowse doesn't have a monopoly on that.
He just (as reported) acted like a jerk in a way that was eventually written about in SW 'making of' lore.
Is it possible that others were occasionally difficult too, and it just never was 'documented'? Of course it is.

I see no reason to deny him a simple tip o' the hat for being the man behind the mask, based purely on something
written in a book about him, true or not.

adello25
01-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Good review. Like how they break down the outfits and bodies in their reviews (base body looks surprisingly good, too -- really like that shoulder articulation). Wish they'd stop with the 'comedy' intros, though. This one was the worst in a while, lol.

Ugh I know. I really enjoy Wendy's reviews but I despise the guy....I don't even know his name because i try to tune him out as much as possible lol

paramoremcr88
01-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Nice, really nice shot(s)! :clap
... Sure, the force is with you!:rock2

Thanks baloo! :duff

earthdog
01-31-2014, 01:52 PM
I've heard Prowse say in recent interviews how happy he was on the day Richard Marquand died. That's just bad form and basically confirms a lot of the negative things I've read about him.

paramoremcr88
01-31-2014, 01:52 PM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/d09381b3803209e6f37f523992654a58_zps5f6e7af9.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/4a79c77dbe456c6b0418f9aa791a5c5d_zpsdcdbe87c.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/1ff04e1567a7d839d0a3296431ab1aa7_zps37413707.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/6a1234c525ef60569c7104763a8c8422_zpsa466967b.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/paramoremcr88/87f010f68175483708cd346515f42086_zpsf4231029.jpg

rubio95
01-31-2014, 01:59 PM
^^^ Great pics!

You're shooting wide open? 2.8 or 1.8?

paramoremcr88
01-31-2014, 02:11 PM
^^^ Great pics!

You're shooting wide open? 2.8 or 1.8?

Thanks!

It says 2.8 on the lens, so I'll say that! :lol

DarkAngel
01-31-2014, 02:48 PM
par amore your pics are awesome...as usual! :clap

greygoose
01-31-2014, 02:53 PM
I've heard Prowse say in recent interviews how happy he was on the day Richard Marquand died. That's just bad form and basically confirms a lot of the negative things I've read about him.

He shouldn't have said that but Prowse did have good (well, personal) reasons behind feelings towards certain people.

Rorywan
01-31-2014, 03:08 PM

Marquand had a stroke and heart attack while driving his daughters from the airport. He didn't let them know anything was wrong until he got them home safely then died. Very tragic.

Regardless of what Prowse may have had against him professionally, if he truly said that about Marquands death he is an incomprehensible complete creep IMO.

greygoose
01-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Marquand had a stroke and heart attack while driving his daughters from the airport. He didn't let them know anything was wrong until he got them home safely then died.

Very sad.

jra81984
01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
He shouldn't have said that but Prowse did have good (well, personal) reasons behind feelings towards certain people.

From the behind the scenes material I have seen, I also gathered that Prowse was not easy to get along with. He did cause a lot of strife with press leaks. I seem to remember hearing that on set they had him act out that Vader killed Luke's father and not that he WAS his father. This could have been for other crew too though. As far as the movie is concerned I do not credit him with much other than filling a suit. The amazingness of Vader to me was his costume and voice.

If I was going to desire a character to be unmasked, I would love it to be Anthony Daniels. An R2 with a Kenny Baker popping out would be fun too.

pixletwin
01-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Para those are the best pics I've seen so far. Bravo. :clap:

Also I received my replacement helmet today in minty-mint condition. Now I gotta go home and destroy the original.

Solo_bones
01-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Lucas still has a grudge with the man - to this day apparently, after Prowse leaked spoiler info regarding ESB's plot details before the yes men could gag him.

I don't think that rift will ever mend. :lol

I remember those leaks, I was really bummed to hear about it before seeing the movie, it DID kill what would have been an EPIC story....well a more epic story.

Royce12
01-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Got my order in today. Hate that I missed the exclusive but I was never going to display the severed hand so no biggie. Hopefully it ships soon and they have corrected the QC issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royce12
01-31-2014, 05:50 PM
And I just got my notification! Perfect timing. Feb 6th will be a good day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j14
01-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Vader parts are up on TA.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wor-Gar
01-31-2014, 06:17 PM
And like Keyser Soze... poof....

Knew those belt boxes wouldn't last two seconds. Friend of mine had one in his cart and still wasn't fast enough to click "pay" before it was gone.

Deathstalker
01-31-2014, 06:17 PM
Dang those went fast on TA. Had the chest box and belt in my cart with four supposedly in stock. Went to check out and the cart got updated and poof. Gone. Who cheated and bought multiples :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Pixelpiper
01-31-2014, 06:21 PM
Vader parts are up on TA.

Thanks for the info, I ordered a spare hilt for CCFL mod.

earthdog
01-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info, I ordered a spare hilt for CCFL mod.

Got a spare hilt too. Thanks!

pixletwin
01-31-2014, 07:07 PM
I ordered an extra set of shoulder armor to make an alternate display stand.

DarkAngel
01-31-2014, 07:10 PM
I was really hoping Vader would ship today but it looks like he hasn't which means I probably get him next week like I was hoping I would...

DarkAngel
01-31-2014, 07:19 PM
And never mind. Status just changed, he is on his way! :dance

swo77
01-31-2014, 07:26 PM
From the behind the scenes material I have seen, I also gathered that Prowse was not easy to get along with. He did cause a lot of strife with press leaks. I seem to remember hearing that on set they had him act out that Vader killed Luke's father and not that he WAS his father. This could have been for other crew too though. As far as the movie is concerned I do not credit him with much other than filling a suit. The amazingness of Vader to me was his costume and voice.

If I was going to desire a character to be unmasked, I would love it to be Anthony Daniels. An R2 with a Kenny Baker popping out would be fun too.

http://i.imgur.com/C6PnF4T.gif

Invictus Sol
01-31-2014, 07:35 PM
LOL, was not expecting that. Goddamn is that horrible!!

Darthrazz
01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
LOL, was not expecting that. Goddamn is that horrible!!

I recall seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater when I was a kid. When luke pulled off the mask , I was actually a bit scared wondering what he looked like! :lol:lol

jra81984
01-31-2014, 07:55 PM
I recall seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater when I was a kid. When luke pulled off the mask , I was actually a bit scared wondering what he looked like! :lol:lol

I was terrified! The peek you got in ESB was scary. I did not want to see what the face looked like. I remember being surprised at how it wasn't so bad.

barryo
01-31-2014, 07:56 PM
Here is a pic of my unmodded ESB/ROTJ Vader next to my modded ANH Vader with the extra ROTJ Vader dome.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/Chaka34/0181000x750_zpsbdd504be.jpg

I think I still might prefer the Hasbro dome on the ANH version. Not sure.

damn.............im kind of torn, love them both.

jedibear
01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
Can't stop staring at this figure...it is just so awesome.

Really fantastic job....enjoying the great pics and (mostly) positive chatter in here....

jra81984
01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
http://youtu.be/l1EbSoiNh_Q

This ruined his unmasking for me forever!

barryo
01-31-2014, 08:05 PM
^^^ classic..............i laugh every time i see this clip.