Hasbro Amazing Spider-Man Spidey and Lizard review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's take a look at the new figures for another summer supehero blockbuster - Amazing Spider-Man! Like the Cap toys, there are concept figures, comic figures and movie figures in the 4" series. I've found the ultra posable Spidey and the 'reptile blaster' Lizard for tonight's review. Hasbro certainly does this scale better than most companies, but there's still a fair share of issues, not the least of which is the lame-o Lizard design. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

This is why I find the Lizard an unbelievable charater:

img_5039.jpg

Turn into a lizard man? Fine. Turn into a lizard man with no _____? No man would do that.

Good, fair review.

As to the lizard design, I don't know where the character is in the comics now, but originally the lizard is intelligent, and appears to be in this film as well. It is very hard, even with CGI, to make a crocodile head talk believably.

img_5039.jpg

Turn into a lizard man? Fine. Turn into a lizard man with no _____? No man would do that.

I thought most reptiles had recessed genitals...? Just 'cause you dont see them, does not mean they are not there.

On the other hand, I remember reading "The Birthgrave" by Tanith Lee which had a scene directly adressing this so..... ugh.

If it makes everyone feel better, that section of him looks a bit like a wrinkly ball sack. :p

img_5039.jpg

Labron ? Nah he's not in a spidey movie this summer

Regardless of a reboot, was it really necessary to change Spidey's costume design? If anything they should have gone back and made it closer to the comics version.

BB

I thought most reptiles had recessed genitals...? Just 'cause you dont see them, does not mean they are not there.

On the other hand, I remember reading "The Birthgrave" by Tanith Lee which had a scene directly adressing this so..... ugh.

I don't see a vent covering. Besides, what man would chose to hide his genitals? And why settle for a reptiles' hemipenes when you could have the real thing?

Regardless of a reboot, was it really necessary to change Spidey's costume design? If anything they should have gone back and made it closer to the comics version.

BB

Not necessary, no, but as I was saying in another thread, I think it was done to emphasize Spidey's sleek and limber physique. The red stands out, the blue recedes. In comics it is easy for the artist to cheat the costume a bit to get the look he wants. Having a lot of red on the arms, shoulders and torso can make Spidey look a bit bulkier. Thinning the red on the arms, removing the belt, making two fingers blue, etc all emphasize the vertical lines and make him look leaner. Whether the effect is worth the trade off in accuracy is of course a matter of debate.

I don't see a vent covering. Besides, what man would chose to hide his genitals? And why settle for a reptiles' hemipenes when you could have the real thing?

So basically if it doesn't have a dic it's not for you. Strictly Dickly.

Back