Statue SSC Shaak Ti vs General Grievous - Hunt for the Jedi Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
NEW PRE-ORDERS!
USE THESE AFFILIATE LINKS TO PURCHASE - SUPPORT THE BOARD!

Click the pic! Buy now!

'Hunt for the Jedi' - Shaak Ti VS General Grievous diorama

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I just came across it on Sideshow's site and wanted to like it (liked the whole concept of Grievous killing Shaak Ti when ROTS rumours were floating around on TF.N about it, back in the day) but the execution on this is really weak. The blank expression on Shaak Ti's face is already a deal-breaker for me. Just doesn't convey anything dramatic or compelling at all.

Sure hope they throw us a 1:6 bone in today's newsletter but I'm doubting it.

I gonna throw up.. whats up with Shaak-Ti PF?!?!!?

Yeah, I just came across it on Sideshow's site and wanted to like it (liked the whole concept of Grievous killing Shaak Ti when ROTS rumours were floating around on TF.N about it, back in the day) but the execution on this is really weak. The blank expression on Shaak Ti's face is already a deal-breaker for me. Just doesn't convey anything dramatic or compelling at all.

Sure hope they throw us a 1:6 bone in today's newsletter but I'm doubting it.

It looks like she might have a switch out head therefore the expression might be a little better?

It looks like she might have a switch out head therefore the expression might be a little better?

Yeah, took another look and I think you're right. From the seam at her neck, looks like maybe they'll be a switch-out head, I'm guessing as an exclusive?

Again, clicked on the link and wanted to like it, but that expression (looks like she could kiss him, she appears so unconcerned) and the fact that she just has her arm sort of meekly stretched out to block, er, one lightsaber (note to Shaak Ti: Grievous has 3 additional arms) just seems devoid of any sense of action.

I mean, if she's in a position of defending herself at all, it'd be nice if the poses were dramatic and more action-orientated. Otherwise, they may as well depict her getting slaughtered like a lamb, for all the drama in that piece. No idea what anyone could see in it, to be honest.

well kind of underwhelmed with this piece thought it sounded like a cool idea but dont like the facial expression maybe the ex will be a switch out portrait but doubt i will be getting it regardless.

Is this based on any event in particular? I know that they've met in the series.

They thought about and filmed a rough scene in which Shaak Ti is executed on the Invisible Hand by Grievous (in front of Obi-Wan and Anakin) but Lucas decided instead to cut it.

Edit: Was guessing that was the scene they were referencing, but taking another look at the photo, looks like they're actually supposed to be dueling? In which case this dio is even weaker than I originally supposed. VS1976 mentioned it looked kind of toy-like and I think a big reason is that seam at Shaak Ti's neck. It's sort of distracting and does detract from it looking more like a statue.

Last edited:
just got the news letter email on my phone, saw General Grievous in the header of the email and I was all excited that it was going to be news on the 1/6 release... much to my dismay... :thud:

just got the news letter email on my phone, saw General Grievous in the header of the email and I was all excited that it was going to be news on the 1/6 release... much to my dismay... :thud:

Same here. Its been almost a year now since we saw him at SDCC. I can't believe we haven't gotten to pre-order him yet. Probably for this SDCC now :lol

this looks like crap.

Naa, devilof76, I think gagaliya's right. This looks too toyish, too Hasbroish. I miss the evilness in this.
But this maybe because I never thought Grievous was a cool character at all.

The color of Shaak Ti looks too bright... she'll be one hard character to pull off.

This looks darn good to me, and with each piece they release in this line, it makes me regret not jumping in. :(

Can't wait to see some SDCC pics!

This looks darn good to me, and with each piece they release in this line, it makes me regret not jumping in. :(

Can't wait to see some SDCC pics!

sorry.. can't agree at all ... but hey..whatever makes people happy :)

Back