1/6th Scale Vehicle Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
So 1/6 vehicles are becoming more common now.

Hot Toys are making that Batwing thingy, releasing 2 more Batmobiles and planning a Back To The Future Delorean.

Sideshow are working on a Star Wars Landspeeder and TaunTaun

People are becoming gung-ho for vehicles. Speculating and theorizing on all sorts of ones they'd like from lots of different properties.

The only one i'm considering is the Back To The Future Delorean and in terms of other iconic vehicles worth buying for me would be an Aston Martin DB5 & Bond Figure, Fatboy Motorcycle for T800, Scout Trooper and Speeder and that's about it really.

While seeing them come to fruition is gonna be cool, I'm personally not interested in anything that doesn't hold significance to me and even then it wouldn't be enough interest as the size of them and the cost will likely be too much.

I understand the hype for the 89 batmobile and Delorean as they are iconic, classic AND time-tested vehicles but would you really buy anything but the time-tested iconic vehicles considering the size and cost of them?

I've heard of people with the original Tumbler having never taken them out of the box as they didn't have a place to put it, this would be a common problem for people buying more than one vehicle IMO.

In terms of actually buying them & actually displaying them where do you guys stand? Should vehicles become a major focus for these companies? Will they be a success or a folly?

______________​

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 vehicle discussion

Well I guess with all these releases I am looking harder at my collection to address the question were I want it to go and what am I trying to build.

For example TDKR they most likely now be releasing the camo tumbler since the BAT has already been shown to be in production that along with the pod used by both Batman and Catwomen would be a sweet setup.

Cost in the real issue more then space as I would love to know what production numbers can we expect for all these new figures ans vehicles. I am sure they have already increased production as Hot Toys has brought alot of people in to 1/6, but trying to predict production numbers is a still hard.

Case in point Sucker puch no split shipment same with Avatar, but Jack Joke and Batman 89 were delayed for sometime.

Considering the tumbler will be my first 1/6 vehicle I was going to try it and see if I can deal with it from a cost stand point and more on from there.

The BAT looks to be in developement and there is not way to really predict how long we will have to wait for protoype and then from there to an actual offering.

From what I can tell they have really picked up the pace in production of figures shown by the number of Avengers figures they had already prototypes for.

Vehicles might be another story.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 vehicle discussion

Cost is a big concern for me. But space is a far bigger one. While I love the idea of a Tumbler or even a Bat, I got nowehere to put them. I will grab a Batpod if they release a new one, but that will have to be my limit.

But here's a question for the Star Wars fans in the audience ... would you buy a Hot Toys X-Wing or Tie Fighter? Millennium Falcon cockpit?

Those would be awesome ... for those with the money and space.

Don't forget Sam Flynn's lightcycle and Ghost Rider with bike!!
I think they are extremely cool personally... but I don't have the budget or the space for them currently...

Cost can be managed for me, space is the biggest issue. But if its a Nolan Batman vehicle, I know I need to have it, and so will put it in storage if need be until I can display it properly.

I'm tempted by the Batmobiles and the Delorean and Luke's Speeder, but I have to pick and choose very carefully. There's no point owning them and keeping them in boxes. I think I can resist the Tumbler. I'm just not that big a fan of the new Batman movies. The only reason it tempts me at all is that it's coming out first.

I think I can own a MAXIMUM of 2 1/6 vehicles. Other than that, there's no hope they'll be displayed. The Burton Batmobile would be a good pick. But would the Batwing be a better one?

I DO already have the 1/6 Dewback and I'm hoping they make a Bantha to go with the upcoming Sandperson. I'm pushing it for display space if I have two giant animals and two vehicles along with all my figures ( and my just ordered Alien Big Chap Maquette.)

Of course, I already have Dagobah and the City of Tanis, so I am pushing it!

I find the selections rather boring. No desire for vehicles from either Batman trilogy, even less desire for anything from BTTF. I assume Taun Taun will be a statue much like the Dewback. A Millennium Falcon is inspirational :lol

Good idea for a thread.

Yeah cost and space are a big concern but I'll throw out my top suggestions anyway.

-T2 Harley fatboy
-T-1000s Kawasaki 1000cc police motorcycle
-T1 T-800s red motorcyle
-John Connor's dirtbike (yes, pointless without John himself, Hot Toys?)
-T-1000s truck from T2 canal chase (probably too big and unfantastical for them but I'd love it)
-Robocop's patrol car
-Matrix APU (The Bat is huge but this things added complexities might add to the size problem and rule it out)

Ahhhh but would you buy them? :panic:

Considering the cost & market would it make sense for companies to make them?

A small amount of vehicles like one or two every few years is whats its been up untill now, more are coming and probably closer together, will it pay off i wonder? Will the format flourish of fail?

Last edited:
I'd buy all of the following:

Bruce Wayne's Augusta from TDK
MV_Agusta_F4_1078.jpg

Bruce Wayne's Lambo from TDK:
dark-knight-lamborghini.jpg

Bruce Wayne's Lambo from TDKR:
2630941015021754197805960439805873212068195628n.jpg

Incidently Iminime are planning to actually make one of the Lambos in 1/6

I am not at all interested in 1/6 vehicles, with the exception of Kaneda's bike, and the possible exception of a Landspeeder - if it ended up with an updated farmboy Luke to go with it.

I like my movie vehicles and I've started to collect a few - but 1/18 scale is for me the right size for a model vehicle. 1/6 vehicles generally don't bring anything extra to the table in terms of detail - they're just...bigger.

Bikes do seem to be different though. I'm not a Ghost Rider fan, but the bike is almost an integral part of that character. Ditto for Kaneda, and a 1/6 Fatboy to go with T2 Arnie also appeals. House looks pretty good posed with his Honda in pics I've seen too.

Ahhhh but would you buy them? :panic:

Considering the cost & market would it make sense for companies to make them?

A small amount of vehicles like one or two every few years is whats its been up untill now, more are coming and probably closer together, will it pay off i wonder? Will the format flourish of fail?

I'd certainly buy the Terminator motorbikes as they're small enough. The truck...well if they were mad enough to make it I think I would, yes. However I doubt they'd even consider it. Robocop's police car, I can maybe see happening, and I think I'd buy to recreate the movie poster. The APU I wouldn't buy, gotta draw the line and stick to childhood favourites.

I think when it comes to vehicles HT will only make the current in-things and/or the most iconic of iconic vehicles of the past. The T2 fatboy qualifies as that, the others notsomuch.

I believe they would have great success with the most iconic vehicles however I'm not sure that would persuade them to go about making less memorable/cool or ''too big and costly to produce'' vehicles

Only interested in bat mobiles at the moment. I have no space for anything else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think since Hot Toys have broke through the Western market, they kind of also went into the Bigger is Better mentality. Pretty sure it will be limited to only fictional veichles.

Realistically, for people in Hong Kong, even the Tumbler is unrealistically large. As HK is one of the most densely populated cities in the world, the housing is rediculosly expensive and small. Worse then New York. The tumbler is the size of a microwave, and that seems more important then something on display.

HT prob. sold 80% of their stock worldwide. Hence, they are going to push the envelope again. I'm getting the Delorean, but like other members, it'll probably end up in storage along with my Power Loader and Bat Pod. The bikes are ok, don't take up as much space. The ghost rider bike only takes 2 figures worth of space which is acceptable.

If they really limit their production anything will sell out. Say the BAT costs USD1000. Sure, alot of you will prob. pass, but if it was limited to 500 pcs, you would lean more towards buying it, or buy to scalp it. Either way, HT will get it off their hands for a huge profit.

But 1/6 versions of typical cars? A 1/6 truck? Come'on... thats just dumb.

But 1/6 versions of typical cars? A 1/6 truck? Come'on... thats just dumb.

I never said I expected HT to make them, they aren't ''fantastical'' enough a subject. Only that I'd buy them if they did. I'll take anything from the first 2 Terminator films.

Last edited:
Space & cost are overriding concerns for me too.

That's why I'm only getting the Tumbler & '89 Batmobile. :D

:hi5: :yess: :clap :nana: :dance :elefant :joy :rock2

:fireworks

I like the vehicles because they can be used as sort of subtle dioramas. You don't need elaborate backgrounds or constructed set ups, but because of that something extra, you give that display a more "scene-specific" feel than if it were just a figure standing there. Take any of the following for instance:

the-dark-knight-rises-the-bat.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Harvey-Dent-Photo.jpg

hathaway.jpg

KeatonBatmobile.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-back-to-the-future-546425_378_357.jpg

Back