How do you guys store movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
You guys do an awesome job displaying your figures, but I realized my blu rays are all just placed haphazardly. I'm thinking about buying a bookcase or something, but how do you guys store your movies for easy access? I used to use a tower for DVDs but my blu ray cases don't fit, and some of them (Star Wars and LotR) are in larger boxes.

Transfer them to a hard drive and sell them to someone who doesn't mind all the clutter of a large physical video collection.

For my physical copies of movies, I have them in a glass TV shelving cabinet, and for my digital movies, I have them all on an external HD :lecture

I own a cherry wood DVD cabinet where the movies are hidden for the most part and gives the room a clean look (without my Blus and DVDs looking cluttered out in an open). A big plus side about these DVD Cabinets is that you have enough room where you can display your choice of Life Size Busts, PF's, 1/6th Scale Figs, etc on top.

I have a big shelf that has most of them with my games and stuff. For the past year I've been ripping them onto my Netgear Stora, putting the movies away in the closet.

I'm really surprised, I didn't figure so many people still flip discs everytime they watch something. :lol

I tried that once, but the wife wanted the movies alphabetically and I wanted them separated by genre.

Crazy, but I separate mine by Actor. And I keep them all in a Case Logic Binder and have a spreadsheet of all the titles. Cases are stored in boxes in my attic.

5TB of External HDs till now, all blu-ray (1080p), just keep what I want, rest sell it off or whatever. My preferred HD is Transcend and LaCie.

:clap I've still got alot of 720 stuff I'd like to eventually replace, but everything that needs to be is 1080.:yess:

what's the easiest/best way to transfer em?

with a computer

Yep. And its pretty easy to format it anyway you like with all the free proggies out there. If your TV won't play MP4/MKV/etc. however you wish to store them directly, just buy like a WD converter box for about 60 bucks. We now have our whole house running disc free. In fact we don't even own any actual players anymore, if we want to watch comething from a disc we have to pop it into the PS. :lol

Anyone have shelving ideas for storing Blu Ray cases?

Case Logic used to make something like this for DVDs:

56590_1_1

Nothing for Blu Ray though.

Back