Will Super Low Editions Continue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want the Super Low Edition sizes to continue?

• Yes

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wonder if all the crying and complaing will change the way SS handles its edition sizes. I hope Sideshow continues to release super low editions in the future. I missed both grey Hulks but I still like the idea of the low editions. Keep em coming.

not me personally. I would like SS to have Inclusive edition for ALL the products. ...i just hate waking up early and what not.

Nothing to worry about here. Sideshow have been doing it their way for a long time, regardless of any collector backlash. It makes their products more desireable, and keeps interest high. I think Sideshow know what they are doing, or they would have taken some kind of other approach by now.

What is a super low edition size? The market seems to be getting bigger, so low edition sizes may follow suit and still remain super low.

I want the low edition sizes to continue. Part of the excitement is the thrill of the hunt.

:)

I don't in case they decide to do it with something I would be devasted to miss.

I don't mind "low" edition sizes as long as everyone has an equal chance at getting the item, but I certainly don't want "super low" edition sizes!!! The Grey Hulk PF at 150, excuse me, 179, is low and was large enough to give collectors a fair shot at it. The Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man at 50 and SSE Ardeth Bey at 15 were too low in my opinion, and really didn't give the average collector a chance to even try to purchase them.

Unless Sideshow knows that it just will not sell above a certain amount, I would prefer edition sizes be no smaller than 100 for any item. However, if the only way something might get made and offered, is with an edition size smaller than that, then so be it, but at least give us warning and PLEASE, PLEASE don't make it an in-stock item!!! There is were the real balancing act comes in; if they warn us of a low edition size, then the flippers/scalpers descend upon the order, but if they don't warn us, then many collectors will miss out and be disappointed or even angry. I would prefer the warning so that at least we have a shot at putting an order in.

lcummins said:
I don't mind "low" edition sizes as long as everyone has an equal chance at getting the item, but I certainly don't want "super low" edition sizes!!! The Grey Hulk PF at 150, excuse me, 179, is low and was large enough to give collectors a fair shot at it. The Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man at 50 and SSE Ardeth Bey at 15 were too low in my opinion, and really didn't give the average collector a chance to even try to purchase them.

Unless Sideshow knows that it just will not sell above a certain amount, I would prefer edition sizes be no smaller than 100 for any item. However, if the only way something might get made and offered, is with an edition size smaller than that, then so be it, but at least give us warning and PLEASE, PLEASE don't make it an in-stock item!!! There is were the real balancing act comes in; if they warn us of a low edition size, then the flippers/scalpers descend upon the order, but if they don't warn us, then many collectors will miss out and be disappointed or even angry. I would prefer the warning so that at least we have a shot at putting an order in.

:lecture.........................:clap.......agreed!

These low edition sizes don't interest me because it's just artificial rarity. There's no real skill or effort involved in acquiring them other than just good timing or a big wallet.

I don't mind them as long as they are for nonessential items. Not getting a grey Hulk PF doesn't bug me - not getting the green....THAT would bug me.

Super Low Editions save place in my house.

If i cant get a sle from SS i have to buy it on ebay for more money -> have to cancel some stuff from SS.

-> less money for SS
-> more money for ebay
-> more money for flipper
-> room for other stuff

:chew

The low ES keeps things interesting.

These pieces are usually variations of an existing piece so it's not a unique piece that is being sold in limited amounts. What I mean is that in the case of the "grey" hulk, there's already a "green" hulk readily available. it's not a completely different sculpt or character that is limited to a small number.

What sucks is if it was indeed a completely different piece that was being limited to a super-low ES. Imagine if the "Fantastic Four" were released in a series and while 3 statues had an ES of 2000, one had an ES of 100...

FlyAndFight said:
The low ES keeps things interesting.

These pieces are usually variations of an existing piece so it's not a unique piece that is being sold in limited amounts. What I mean is that in the case of the "grey" hulk, there's already a "green" hulk readily available. it's not a completely different sculpt or character that is limited to a small number.

What sucks is if it was indeed a completely different piece that was being limited to a super-low ES. Imagine if the "Fantastic Four" were released in a series and while 3 statues had an ES of 2000, one had an ES of 100...

This is why I was anxious to get the Lucius Malfoy bust from GG. It wasn't a variant, but a completely new and unique sculpt/character. Same thing with the Mara Jade bust. If this trend keeps up, I am going to get an ulcer.

tomandshell said:
This is why I was anxious to get the Lucius Malfoy bust from GG. It wasn't a variant, but a completely new and unique sculpt/character. Same thing with the Mara Jade bust. If this trend keeps up, I am going to get an ulcer.

So are you against low editions? You are one of the few proud Gray VS owners.

they will continue with low editions,they create buzz whether good or bad depends on whether you got the piece in question.People will always want what's rare.

Back