Complete Iron Man Hot Toys Line Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfchang

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I think my Hot Toys experiment is about to finish.

I love them including the likeness, the quality, the incredible attention to detail . . . but I think my first love will always be maquettes and custom pieces.

That being said, here's my Iron Man line-up:

Mark I, II, III, IV, V, VI, Gunmetal Grey silly III, Battle Damage III, War Machine, War Machine Milk, Secret Project, Mech Test, Jericho Suit Tony with Mark IV head on it, Mark II Armour Unleashed.

I have Mark 1 2.0 on order.

I mean that's pretty much complete right? I know I'm missing the Mark VI Avengers one that is coming out from Sideshow and the 16 ultra-limited Avengers version but how much is all of this worth??

They are all in mint condition with everything except Secret Project's left knee is a little loose. All original packaging too. ALL EXCLUSIVE unless none offered from Sideshow.

Is 7000 shipped for the lot overboard? Can't recall an auction like that ever being put on Ebay nor do I recall a more complete collection . . .

Hot Toys Iron Man fans, let me know what you think.

Seriously thinking about putting the whole lot on Ebay in the next week.

Thanks!

Your posting is WORTHLESS without pictures. $7000 is a lotta cheddar for dollies, especially since the edition size of most of them are fairly high. $2,000-$3000 and you may attract some attention but most would want you to part the collection out.

Really?

The whole thing is worth only 2-3k? I saw a whole bunch on Ebay with only Mark 4,5, 6, War Machine, and Battle Damaged Mark III go for 1500 and those weren't exclusive.

Not to mention a Mech Test routinely going for 400 plus.

I'll put up some pics in the next few days when I get ready to sell them.

I guess you're right about one thing which is I'll get more by parting out than selling in one batch.

Yea, I can't imagine anyone dropping 7K for the set. I think you would be much better off selling them separately because most who collect will most likely have at least 1 or 2 of the figures already. The exclusives will definitely draw attention :lol

No... That is way too much, $3000 is fair enough .
Many of them were sold a lot, but now it doesn't worse that much, such as mak one I saw it end out with $250 , gunmetail $330, secret $300, milk $250.

That would be a tough sell considering HT does quite a bit of reissues. Most people will wait it out. I did with the MK 1 2.0. I did get lucky of course.

Thanks for the input guys.

I know I can get more for it if I parcel it out but it is such a pain in the behind to do that.

I would wind up selling 15 figures or so . . .

I've done some work and I don't know whether it is shill bidding or not but these Iron Man Hot Toys seem to go for a quite a bit.

Yes, high edition size and lots of reissues but seems to be demand is as high if not higher.

I'll take some shots and put it up buyitnow or best offer and see if I get a bite. If not, then I'll consider breaking them up . . .

Seems like as with all things patience is key to getting best price.

By the way, it's not impossible to find someone who'll spring for the whole set. That's how I got this collection, I bought a complete set from another collector who liquidated.

Thanks again for the input.

Dennis

Check the recent ended listings for each of the item (auction style with bids on it) to get an idea of the current price.

If you wanna sell it fast, list it as a BIN a bit below the current market price.

I pay attention to what HT sell for on ebay, especially since I am trying to fill in dome gaps. I'd say the ebay range of what you have is @ $3500-5000. And thats if you sell each seperately. I doubt you'll top dollar selling them as a lot.

I can attest that dfchang's set is quite nice and in great condition, as I bought a good number of them. Had I seen his posting earlier, I probably would have purchased more of them.

If you sell it as a full lot, the only 2 types of ppl that are going to buy are either other scalpers or someone that does not have ANY HT Iron Mans.

First, the scalpers, well.. they aren't gonna buy it from you for 7K. They can't resell it for any profit in the future.

For a first time collector that wants to start collecting Iron Mans. Some of the items are for pretty hardcore collectors like the Gunmetal Silly and Milk Warmachine.

You should probably sell the special ones seperately, and the standard Mark I-VI as a set.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

I've sold all of my Hot Toys actually.

Can't remember the exact details but I think I moved all the Iron Man for about 6k total. I did winding up having to split it up but it wasn't too bad . . . 3-4 buyers total.

These guys still have good value at the end of the day . . .

Nice 6k for all that. I'm not too far from the whole set but I am missing the pricy one.

I got mark I ,II ,III , IV , VI , war machine, secret project, avengers mark VI and whiplash.

Only need mech test, mark III BD, sdcc mark III, mark V and war machine milk. Not a fan of re issues so I'm skipping on those.

7k wayy too much. Im surprised you could sum up 6k for them. must have sold to really noob collectors or shill bidding (no offence) but with used ones and new ones, re issues and such, it is pretty hard to imagine them amoujnting to 6k

Back