What Buffy Figure to Order?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal... I have a SDCC Sideshow Gift Card worth $25 burning a hole in my pocket. Since it is only good for in stock items (and NOT countless pre-orders I've placed), I thought it would be a good time to get a Buffy figure. But only, which one?

Here's the break down of options:

The Master: I don't have him yet. I really like the sculpt... and I've been close to getting him over the last few months. But I can probably get him on Ebay cheaper than Sideshow currently lists him. I would like to get the "most bang" out of my gift card.

Subway Spike: Spike is one of my favorite characters and this is the one I still don't have. I've got an extra duster since I've "chosen" to display my Human Spike with the red shirt (see past threads on subject :D), so I can cover up his arm joints with it. Besides, I think he'll look cool with it since the figure is from the episode where he gets it.

Der Kindestod: A truly creepy figure! The episode wasn't exactly my favorite. Perhaps I should re-watch the episode since I now have all of the Buffy seasons on DVD. And if I get him, I can use the opened book for my Giles figure.

Prophecy Girl Buffy: After the thread about sprucing up this figure, she has been on my list of figures to get. Yet, like The Master, I've seen her on Ebay with attractive pricing. However, I keep hoping to score the exclusive on Ebay (I just lost one this week :monkey2)... I would love to get her with the leather jacket and pose her with the Master attacking her from behind. Perhaps I can use another PG Buffy for customizing purposes... something that I've really have tried yet (Apes - Yes, Buffy - No).

Vampire Willow: I love the "game face" figures! And I want to get this figure eventually, but since there is no Vampire Xander to go with her, I find myself on the fence just uet. And she's also a figure that Ebay makes easy to get with not too much cash spent.

So I open the debate that I've been having in my head up to the forum... what are your thoughts? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
I go by my situation, which may differ from yours. I would lean toward the Master or Der Kinderstod, because I like monsters, and these two are both pearlers. If you look to ebay you can get all of these at better price, so put that out of the equation.

Gotta agree, Master or Der K, my personal preference being the Master.

I really like my Subway Spike becuase of the cool outfit, but the paint job on the head and hands is too tan and may bother you.

Prophecy Buffy really needs to be posed with the Master. On her own she's the weakest of the bunch.

Hmm, I agree with Creech on this, but do check eBay first. I got Subway Spike for about $25 delivered, and Adam's got The Master on sale right now for $15!!! I bet shipping isn't $10, so you could pick this fig up from Adam for LESS than $25.

So I would suggest going for something that you can't get for $25 or less somewhere else, otherwise you're not getting as much value out of the gift card. :monkey1

On the other hand, almost free is almost free, and taking $25 off even Sideshow's full retail is still pretty darn good! :D :monkey3

If I were choosing one of the figs you listed, however, I would definitely go for Vamp Willow or Prophecy Girl Buffy. (But again, I'm biased because I am fairly certain you can get The Master and Subway Spike for maybe even less than $25 shipped if you look a bit!). :D

Dark Shadow Collectibles has the Master for $15 plus shipping if you don't live in Texas(otherwise it adds 8.25% tax). So may I suggest buying the Master there if you want him and getting any of the other figures on your list with your card at Sideshow?

Hey, UTToyFan, we must have been posting almost at the same time!! In what part of Houston do you live? I have friends "north" of Houston (Magnolia/The Woodlands) and "south" of Houston (Friendswood/Clear Lake), and I lived in Houston for over 10 years before moving to Austin! :wave

Anyway, good luck deciding where and on what to spend your gift card, Protozaius!!!!!

I'm in Clear Lake! Austin is my second favorite city though since I went to school there(hence the 'UT'). Anyways, sorry to derail the thread. The Master and Willow both $15 like Migwit said:D

I'd also pick The Master or Der K! I wasn't a huge fan of the Der K episode but he's a fantastic look figure! And The Master is a must have too!

My favorite of those figures is by far Vamp Willow. She's an excellent sculpt, and pretty sexy too. But, she's very cheap and common on eBay--I got her and the Master together for $30 shipped.

To maximize the value of your gift card I'd get Der Kindestod. He shows up on eBay less often and less cheaply than the others.

I would not get subway spike as I think its a horrible figure.
I think Der kinder stood is an amazing figure but he's not important.

Vampire Willow is pretty good.

I like the Master and PG Buffy,The Master is perfect but you can get him cheap.I would get PG Buffy,although if you can get exclusive pg buffy that would be better.

Ahaaaa you added Vamp Willow. Sneaky :lol Vampire Xander will come. Don't you worry about THAT.

If in doubt, get Astronaut Brent, he's on sale, around the $33 mark.

creecher said:
Ahaaaa you added Vamp Willow. Sneaky :lol Vampire Xander will come. Don't you worry about THAT.

If in doubt, get Astronaut Brent, he's on sale, around the $33 mark.

Don't think that buying yet another POTA figure didn't cross my mind. :rolleyes:

But I think that if I brought home ANOTHER gorilla for my garrison, my wife would freak. She likes da Buffys.:D

The Master is a must have in my opinion. He looks great with
my prophecy Buffy and if you have Vampire Buffy he looks
good with her as well. Der K is amazing sculpt as well. While
the ep is not a favorite the figure is one of my favs.

Happy Shopping.

I just ordered a leather jacket for my profecy girl Buffy from https://war-toys.com/ I agree, all the exposed joints didn't really work for me. I'll have to post some pics. Not exactly screen accurate, but I think it looks pretty good. So there's that.

The Master is almost an essential figure I think. Always a good choice.

I too pray for Vamp Xander to join Vamp Willow.

But after all that, I think Der Kinderstod is your best choice. Great figure, I don't think you see him as cheap as some of the others, and like you said, you're looking to use a sideshow gift card, and while ADAM at DSC is the greatest dealer on earth, his great deals aren't exactly going to help you out with this particular situation.

My second choice since you have the extra duster would be Subway Spike. I never picked him up due to the exposed joints.

Let us know what you do decide though. :D

I LOVE vamp Willow, but her outfit is a bit frustrating. The Master and Der K are 2 of the the best (if not THE best) figures in the line. Can't go wrong with either one.

Go for Der kinderstood,as unless you can get exclusive pg I would not bother with the reg.

And the others you can get pretty cheap on ebay.Der kinderstood is rarely on ebay and is a great figure.

Dont forget to tell us what you get.

Der Kinderstod, Der Kinderstod, Der Kinderstod, Der Kinderstod.

He's an eye popper. He gets mah vote. Have it for the cool. :cool:

derkinderstaad1.jpg

derkinderstaad4.jpg

heh heh, eye popper indeed...

derkinderstaad2.jpg

Well, it looks like a moot point now. Sideshow has seen to it (with the announcement of THREE soon to ship Star Wars 12" figures) that my wallet will be quite occupied, funds wise, to redeem my SDCC $25 gift card at this particular time. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

On the bright side, since the card is good until the end of this year, I might find some time to use it. However, with the 12" LOTR and Angel on the horizon, will there be ANY down time? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And for those wanting to know, I've narrowed it down to either Der Kindestod or Subway Spike... leaning more toward "the eye popper". :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Thanks for the pics, Darth Rage!!! You make a VERY persuasive "visual" case for the figure! :D

Back