Which HT Iron Man is the BEST: III - VI?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Not counting Mark I or Mark II, which Iron Man would you guys recommend? Which is the BEST as they say?

I'd like to get one Iron Man to sum up the series and the Avengers.

I've got IV, V & VI

And of those the best one to sum up the character is probably the MK 4 to me.

I like the BD & Clean options of the MK 6 and the Dart Pods on the shoulders but the torso of the MK 4 looks better IMO.

The MK 5 is nice but a definitive versions of the character need to be be red/gold, and the Silver is actually grey :(

Hope that helps :wave

I prefer the look of MK IV the best, BUT if you're looking for the ultimate Hot Toys Iron Man, it would be MK VI. Clean and BD option and the shoulder missiles and hip flares that pop out. You'll get more play out of the MK VI for sure.

Thanks guys, this is all helpful info.

Strangely I sort of like the Mark V because it's so different (and damn cheap on ebay) but I probably should stick with a good representation.

So Mark IV looks better proportioned, but the Mark VI had more play options? That about right? I'll look into those two.

I've owned all in the past and I think of those the Mark IV would be the one to get for the circular arc reactor. Most iconic and the circular arc reactor looks the best. Though personally I prefer the Mark VI due to the battle damaged armor. Also, the Mark VI was used quite a bit in the Avengers, so it does sum up two films. I think the best one of all will be the Mark VII when that releases, but for now I'd say go Mark IV if you want the definitive Iron Man figure.

Can't go wrong with either the Mark IV or VI IMO. You could be like me and have them all. :lol

I don't suppose you have a picture with all of them lined up? 3-6?

No, I should have a random shot I took with an iPhone of just my iron man collection. If you're going to get one red/good iron man the 4 or 6 are your choices, and if you like the circular plate on the front then the 4 is a great choice. Unless you want to wait for the 7 which should be the best yet.

One thing that pisses me off about all Hot Toys Iron Man armours is the lack of a head for flying poses.

All they have to do is include a second head with the joint area closer to the back of the skull so it has that looking up look.

2478286851_04ba4c926d_o_d.png

You'd think with this being one of their go to cashcows they'd bother to evolve it :dunno

Honestly if they never do I could care less. I don't pose me flying but I guess for anyone that might its an issue.

I've owned all in the past and I think of those the Mark IV would be the one to get for the circular arc reactor. Most iconic and the circular arc reactor looks the best. Though personally I prefer the Mark VI due to the battle damaged armor. Also, the Mark VI was used quite a bit in the Avengers, so it does sum up two films. I think the best one of all will be the Mark VII when that releases, but for now I'd say go Mark IV if you want the definitive Iron Man figure.

Chest RT window

I just went through the exact same question -I wanted one Iron Man to represent the character so after looking at tonnes of pics which compare IV to VI I went with IV. I love the circular reactor and the simple paint scheme of red and gold. The torso looks excellet in comparison to the mark VI which looks bulky - mark VI also has silver parts on the arms and legs which I don't like. Mark V looks very small and thin and even though it does look like a great figure, it doesn't sum the character up. I can't wait to see the mark VII though but I feel it won't be released until early next year. So it the mean time, mark IV is the one to get.

4 if you prefer the two-toned color scheme but don't mind considering philosophically the worth of the design since Tony does nothing of worth in it in IM2.

6 if you don't mind the grey bits. It's the most stacked of the bunch when it comes to accessories (I'm referring to the older release, not the new Avengers Mark VI).

Personally Id look at the Mark 2 Armour unleashed.It s basically the Mark 3 unpainted and it s a joy to behold with all the extra panels revealing the workings underneath.Beautiful piece.

Get the mark VI. It's featured in IM 2 and Avengers, plus its the only triangular chest reactor. Sideshow would be selling the exclusive avengers version soon.

Back