KUMIK Death Bringer Selene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamanu

Super Freak
Reaction score
Figured this one deserved her own thread:

1-1.jpg

Product Specifications

- The 1/6th scale Death Bringer Selene Figurine features:

- Highly detailed head sculpt with removable implanted hair

- KUMIK body with over 30 points of articulations

- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable palms

- Each piece of head sculpt is individually hand crafted and painted

Costume

- (1) Death Bringer Catsuit

- (1) Death Bringer Corset

- (1) Death Bringer Jacket

- (1) pair of Death Bringer Boots

Weapons

- (2) Beretta

Bonus Items (Pre order period)

- (2) Throwing Stars

- (2) Magnetic Holsters

Estimated Release Date:- August- September 2012

- Head Sculpted by KUMIK (Korea)

- Head painted by KUMIK (Korea)

- Costume and Accessories by KUMIK (Korea)

- Marketed and Distributed by

Toythrob’s Concept Store (KUMIK@ ToyHouze)

1-2.jpg

Work in progress photos, hands not yet painted, corset lacking details etc.

1-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

1-5.jpg

I think this is the best possible likeness of Kate Beckinsale to date and for $113 its a steal. :)

The head sculpt is amazing.
I'm sure the final product will be better than the prototype as KUMIK has read the comments and feedback on OSW.

Definitely more interested with this one. The other two definitely have better outfit but the their sculpt is way off. Doesnt remotely look like Kate.
This is one of the best sculpt of Kate I've seen so far so hopefully they upgrade the outfit.

No offense to those who like it, but I picture this being what we would see if Tonner got an Underworld license. Portrait looks nothing like Beckinsale and the hair is blah. Her hair looks wet or greasy through most of the films, yet here it is puffy and straight? Maybe I'm not seeing the same pictures everyone else is. I saw this a few days ago on another site and my reaction was Kate Middleton maybe, but Kate Beckinsale, no way.

I usually roll my eyes when people say that the likeness on a given head looks nothing like the so-and-so (e.g. almost any of the HT Avengers figures), but honestly I see only a vague hint of Kate Beckinsale in that headsculpt.

I'll wait to see what the final looks like, but I can definitely see the Tonner reference in the head so far.

I meant no disrespect to Tonner or his fans. He has a niche market and a lot of fans who support it. This figure just seems like something that would appeal to that crowd more then most collectors here. Real hair never seems to work at this scale. It either looks like a bad doll wig or a chia pet. Hair dosen't look natural on a doll, action figure or statue unless it can be randomly punched. This is one of the few things that Barbie gets kind of right. I'm sure eventually someone is going to really nail the Selene portrait. This isn't it, and neither are the other two newest versions of this character. Plenty of options for bashing the outfit though.

Hmmmmm.....best head Ive seen yet but GAH! the hair!!!!!! If your already providing removable hair why not throw sculpted hair in there as well so people have a choice, if they do that I would buy this in a heartbeat!

I don't get why they're even soliciting pictures if this things isn't done yet. If its to build hype, it doesn't seem like its working. The hands aren't even painted yet. If it really isn't finished, hopefully the finished product comes with a more Selene hair style along with the one shown in these pics as well as better looking clothing

I'm really sorry to everyone who is putting effort into this figure but to me it's a Hasbro/Barbie 1970's doll look-a-like effort that bears no resemblance in any way shape or form to the film version of Selene, the only accuracy in the costume is that it's black, guns are wrong, hair is wrong, sculpt paint job is poor.

I think it would look incredibly out of place on a shelf of quality figures.

So can someone give me the names of ALL the Selene figures coming out? I'm very interested in getting one but am not sure which to go for...

Edit: 3 I see... Hmm... which one is the best... :blissysmi

Last edited:
i like the face on this one alot even though it doesn't look like Kate. would be cool to see how it poses too,only seeing barbie doll stance so far.
i'd buy it if it wasn't too expensive

Any updates on her Kumik or oobbuh?
The other Selene's from FigureFun & Phicen have been released.
It's been awhile!

Back