Firefly vs. Serenity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly or Serenity 12"?

• Total voters

JoeSweden

Super Freak
Reaction score
If SSC made any 12" of the Serenity crew. What licence would you like them to go after, as I think there is two owners. Firefly (Fox) or Serenity (Universal)? Or did Universal buy all the rights? In which case Firefly- The Series or Serenity- The movie.
I'm torn. You've gotta have Jayne with his hat but a Serenity River would be nice. Inara has more gowns to choose from in Firefly. Book with cornrows or ponytail (or "too much hair" :lol)
Firefly it is then.

I'm hoping if they ever do these figures they can use from both the movie and the series. But, if I had to pick I'd have to pick "Firefly". Much more material to use from "Firefly". And yes, we'd definitely need Jayne in his hat and maybe even the Jayne statue. And I'd love a Jubal Early figure and we wouldn't get that with just "Serenity". And Saffron would be a must have! And how about a pair of "Two by Two Hands of Blue" guys too! And we'd definitely need a Niska figure too! He was a great bad guy!!

But, I'd also love a figure of the Operative as well!! And I'd also love all the main characters in their outfits from the movie as well. Hopefully Sideshow does this line and hopefully they'll be able to use both movie and tv show as resources!

I think Frefly would be a slightly better choice due to the greater variety of costuming to choose from.
I mean seriously you can't have Jayne without that stupid hat and Vera. A polystone "Hero of Canton" would be awesome.
For the villains I think I'd probably only get excited over Jubal Early but Niska leaves me kinda cold (I'd still buy him though). Saffron would be interesting (exclusive: Laser Pistol and/or Mal's clothes).
That leads me to an idea for the best exclusive ever: A naked Mal figure. I mean a box with an unclothed figure and no accessories. It'd be cheap and only true Browncoats would get the joke when they view your collection.:D

Killbeggar said:
I think Frefly would be a slightly better choice due to the greater variety of costuming to choose from.
I mean seriously you can't have Jayne without that stupid hat and Vera. A polystone "Hero of Canton" would be awesome.
For the villains I think I'd probably only get excited over Jubal Early but Niska leaves me kinda cold (I'd still buy him though). Saffron would be interesting (exclusive: Laser Pistol and/or Mal's clothes).
That leads me to an idea for the best exclusive ever: A naked Mal figure. I mean a box with an unclothed figure and no accessories. It'd be cheap and only true Browncoats would get the joke when they view your collection.:D

LOL - naked Mal could come with a big rock accessory to sit on!

And another great figure would be Kaylee in that ball gown!

If there is a seperation of licenses, I'd imagine it would boil down to characters that appeared in one but not the other. If they got just Firefly from Fox then they couldn't do the Operative. If they got Serenity from Universal then they couldn't do Jubal (one of my most wanted).

So I'd have to say - Firefly!

Well, let me be the first to post that I want 12" Serenity figures more. If there is a separation of licenses, I think Sideshow has a better chance getting a deal with Universal due to their past relationship (anybody see 40 Year Old Virgin?).

Besides, I like Mal's costume better in the film than the TV series. And the Operative is WAY up in my list of figures I would LOVE to get my grubby mitts on. The pulse beacon and the Miranda recording disc would make GREAT accessories, don't cha tink?

But I would be glad to have ANYTHING or ANYBODY produced by Sideshow from this verse... either the series or the movie. Heck, I'd even buy Mingo or Fanty... well, make that Fanty. He's prettier. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Definitely the show for me... like the others said more variety. And glad to see everyone else wants a Jubal too :lol

The show, but really, who cares! As long as it actually happens! There isnt too many drastic differences.

But Serenity would be far easier to acquire, since Fox suck.

BDboystoys said:
The show, but really, who cares! As long as it actually happens! There isnt too many drastic differences.

But Serenity would be far easier to acquire, since Fox suck.

Exactly what he said!

But if I can suggest a release date, please make it 2007 or even 2008, I really can't see me entering into another line at the moment (unless I win the lottery...) :eek:

Hard to say. I don't know how the rights issue works, but if Fox still owns the series rights then I think it would be easy for SS to get them (since they have Buffy and Angel maybe they can work out a package deal or something). The only reason I would say Serenity is for the Operative. Probably one of the coolest movie villains of the last five or so years, and of course I'd have to have a "Final Battle" Mal to go with him, complete with Screwdriver.

I would love for them to make 12" figures from Firefly. I would really love to have all 9 of the main characters over 2 - 3 years. I really want a Kaylee and Mal, they were my favorite characters on the show. So has anyone heard the chances of Sideshow getting this license. I know DST put out 2 Mals 2 Jaynes and a Reaver earlier but I havent heard anything about any more releases.

Last edited:
Firefly Flanatic said:
I'm hoping if they ever do these figures they can use from both the movie and the series. But, if I had to pick I'd have to pick "Firefly". Much more material to use from "Firefly". And yes, we'd definitely need Jayne in his hat and maybe even the Jayne statue. And I'd love a Jubal Early figure and we wouldn't get that with just "Serenity". And Saffron would be a must have! And how about a pair of "Two by Two Hands of Blue" guys too! And we'd definitely need a Niska figure too! He was a great bad guy!!

But, I'd also love a figure of the Operative as well!! And I'd also love all the main characters in their outfits from the movie as well. Hopefully Sideshow does this line and hopefully they'll be able to use both movie and tv show as resources!

:joy DITTO !!! :joy
Especially "Crazy Time" Saffron!

I much preferred the look of the cast while on the TV series. The movie was a little slick, given how homegrown the series initially appeared. It also wouldn't be too hard to customize up to Serenity figures, but it might be harder to take off bits to make Firefly figures from Serenity costumes.

This is a really tough call though. I really like Zoe's look in the film better, and we wouldn't be getting the Operative, Mr. Universe, Fanty and Mingo, or Mr. Universe's Buffy-Bot, or River in her tank-goggles.

Firefly figures could include Jubal Early, Saffron (Yosafbridge), Crow (the guy who gets kicked into the engine aka Andrew Bryniarski - good for X-files customs), Niska, Tracey, and the ever-necessary Jayne Polystone Mudder statue. I think that the series just offers a little more depth for characters.

I had to watch Serenity again this morning before I could vote in this poll. I ended up going with Firefly (although I would definately buy either if they were released.) I like Wash in his Hawaiian shirts, and Jayne with the hat Mom knitted him (and Vera!) I also noticed how the movie really moved away from the "western" theme that the show had (which was part of it's charm really.) The show was more "earthy" and I guess I liked that. Kinda like the first Star Wars movie (that's Episode 4 for you youngsters.):chew

waverly94 said:
I had to watch Serenity again this morning before I could vote in this poll. I ended up going with Firefly (although I would definately buy either if they were released.) I like Wash in his Hawaiian shirts, and Jayne with the hat Mom knitted him (and Vera!) I also noticed how the movie really moved away from the "western" theme that the show had (which was part of it's charm really.) The show was more "earthy" and I guess I liked that. Kinda like the first Star Wars movie (that's Episode 4 for you youngsters.):chew

Now all the children drone with me...

Thankyou Mr Waverly...

:lol

Back