Boo Sideshow! You should be ashamed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greedo

Nerf Herder
Reaction score
I just saw this posted over in the Ask sideshow section. Since its about the grey Hulk I figured we all might want to read it.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11043

Very interesting. And again very sad:monkey2

* Based on multiple bad customer service issues (especially for International buyers)
* Extremly high shipping costs for us Canadians ( $35 for a 12 inch, FU!)
* And obvious price gouging of loyal collectors ( PF Grey Hulk $100 more! F that! )

Ive decided to sell everything SS in my House! ( except the 1:1 scale Greedo) but that's only until someone else makes one :rolleyes:

Im tired of being a sucker!
Peace:cool:

Just make sure you sell everything for retail and only to "true collectors.":D

I think he's serious, but as Chicky has responded to that thread I think the situation has been defused.

Greedo, if you have examples of how other collectibles companies ship to Canada for much less than Sideshow, I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate any tips you can provide.

I can't speak for the customer service for international customers - but at least non-US buyers get to destroy their defective statues rather than send them back - they ought to pay extra just for the fun factor! (keeding!):monkey5

With no offense to Andy, in my opinion....Doom PF exclusive > Hulk PF exclusive

One retailed for $325 and the other for $425 as direct orders plus shipping from Sideshow.

The $100 is hard to swallow but I agree it puts a strain on collectors. It's hard to justify and is a hefty premium for a rare item.

Considering more than half of those "collectors" will be charging others far more than just $100 over retail on ebay, how is it unreasonable for SSC to charge it upfront for a severely limited item?

Most places are even more exspensive to Canada from what I've seen of other folks talking about. So SS seems to be doing fairly well but hey if you wanna get rid of your stuff do it and move on already.

Greedo said:
* Based on multiple bad customer service issues (especially for International buyers)
* And obvious price gouging of loyal collectors ( PF Grey Hulk $100 more! F that! )

Whats your problem? This business is about macking $ and even more $$! People working there want money and the new building cotsts money.

Thats the normal way. The more people are wanting items the more $$ they pay for them, even if another color will costs lots of $$$ extra. Thats business! It has nothing to do with making it nice for the collector.

....but i can really understand you.

Greedo said:

Ive decided to sell everything SS in my House! ( except the 1:1 scale Greedo) but that's only until someone else makes one :rolleyes:

Im tired of being a sucker!
Peace:cool:

1)What makes International buyers stand out as having multiple issues?
2)Canadians aren't the only ones to pay high shipping costs, which have nothing to do with Sideshow.
3) They aren't discriminating between loyal collectors, unloyal collectors, the casual buyer or scalpers. Sideshow haven't raised prices in nigh on a year, for a stable priced item, such as 1/6 figs. I have been expecting more than their usual $5 rise in price for ages now.

Looking through the 'For Sale' section. Can't even find an ebay link. Your space and money problems will soon be a thing of the past. I'm almost jealous.
Someone else is going to make a 1:1 scale Greedo?

Back