SUCKER PUNCH BABY DOLL - OMG Photo Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG

Super Freak
Reaction score
SUCKER PUNCH - BABY DOLL

dc2e7218.jpg

b7a4606a.jpg

b6f80a0f.jpg

f90c1118.jpg

36a0ced9.jpg

f30b65d3.jpg

46e8fb45.jpg

7f7d300f.jpg

982b210a.jpg

ef99c9c1.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Some tips for those who get it in hand.

There is a lot of the figure taped, so after you remove the tape, there is one part of the arm taped hidden in the right sleeve that needs to be removed, it limits the articulation in the right arm where the elbow meets the sleeve, you might not notice it at first, but after that hidden piece of tape is removed, it is much easier to pose the right elbow joint and to slide the sleeve on the right arm more freely.

The hand pegs are a snap to slip on and off, I wish some of the male hands were this comfortable to attach on and off.

The headset can slip off easily, you just got to make sure the clip is snug around the ear and that the middle piece is snug in the earlobe. the headset is extemely thin and tiny, so if it falls out it might be hard to spot it.

The arms might seem restricted due to the sleeves, trust me they're not, just lightly futz with the movement, once you free it up you get full rotation of the arms even a wide range of shoulder and arm, front and back and side extension, meaning recreating the natural T rotation or extension of the arms and shoulders!

Don't be afraid of the ankles, the ball joints have full rotation, twist completely around, front and back, side to side, up and down etc. you might think it's broken or too loose by bending it too much, trust me don't fear, you can have some real fun with the articulation.

Same with the waist joint,it might not seem too flexible at first because of the rubber parts, but the Ab crunch is there, once you futz with it and free up the crunch then you can really bend the Abs forward more freely, to do more natural bending forward motions, so have fun with it if you dare.

The hip joints are extemely well built, very sturdy construction, but still allows free movement witin the joint, that's how I got mine in the extreme split positions, so you can have some real fun without a fear of it breaking

I know for those who have the the Black widow or the current Resident :Evil Alice have figured out these points by now because they use the same female body, but I'm sure the hip articulation was a bit limited due to their costumes unless you took the clothes off, but for those who just started with the HT's females like me, and have owned the TT female versions in the past, Babydoll is a great way to start if you're looking for a natural movement piece that poses excellent in mimicking a women's movement look no farther at least for now, even the female TrueType modes of the past don't mimic the more solid construction and I do mean solid, of the Babydoll body and still give it amazing articulation.

Sure it's not perfect, the elbows could've been double jointed more, maybe the legs can raise a a little more higher and the calves should be able to twist like the male figures, but all these are can be sacrificed for what you are allowed to do with this piece. Are the pig tails completely movie accurate..not entirely, but they did a fine job IMO. Obviously it could be more anatomically correct, but that's not HT's style, at least for now. Lol

The neck joint is workable, meaning with some futzing you can bend it up and down more freely, it's hard to tell at first with the rubber surrounding the neck post, especially on her which I thought was odd at first, but once I futzed with it, I got what I wanted out of it.

One more thing the trick to get the pig tails to move more freely is all do to the positioning of the plastic rubber bands securing the pigtails, meaning if you slide or futz with the bands up and down it allows the hair to move more freely to simulate or recreate the tails over the shoulder or the tails being messed up or dishoveled look she had in the movie. The bangs are easy to futz with as well, once you want to go back to the more polished stable pig tail look just gently move the bands back up and keep it snug in the position, at least it worked for me.

Sorry I made this long, but I wanted to reassure any doubts that people might have with the key features the body possesses that come with this piece, the sky's the limit on what you can accomplish with posing her so don't be afraid of breaking it, because that's not the case, so have fun!

See after all the bending twisting, extreme splits and posing, I can put her back to it's original secure standing position, solid with no breakage or looseness whatsoever! Another solid piece that HT's has created in the past year! so put your fears to rest! :hi5:
IMG_3181.jpg

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4475006#post4475006 My Pics!

Back