Disney World has a new figure feature!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayrod88

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from Disney in Orlando, and they moved their Build-A-Lightsaber to the wall at the Exit, and replaced it with a awesome, Build-A-Droid station.
You build your own style r2 droid, in multiple colors and variations. $11.95 for a single and $18.95 for a double. After building your own droid, they have a claim style package you place your droid in! I don't have pics, but they just opened the stand Saturday in Orlando!

Just got back from Disney in Orlando, and they moved their Build-A-Lightsaber to the wall at the Exit, and replaced it with a awesome, Build-A-Droid station.
You build your own style r2 droid, in multiple colors and variations. $11.95 for a single and $18.95 for a double. After building your own droid, they have a claim style package you place your droid in! I don't have pics, but they just opened the stand Saturday in Orlando!

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum!

I actually saw an article on this about a week ago...but I only read the headline as I was busy and forgot to go back and read the story. So I am glad you posted this.

Don't they have parts that can make the driod take on aspects of Disney characters? I thought I saw one with Mickey Mouse eas in the picture in the article, but again...I glanced quickly and had to leave.

What's the quality like on build a droid? 1:6 or 1:12 Scale? Is is comparable to a hasbro R2?

Yea im sorry, Forgot the most important details....
Its all by Hasbro. All the Build-A-Droid factory parts all at Star Tours!!! So the 3 3/4" scale.

I just did a web search and saw the picture I was talking about. it is on starwars.com's news page. It appears that they have hats that can be put on the heads of the droids. I saw Mickey ears in different colors, an Indiana Jones Fedora, and a baseball cap with Yoda Ears and "Yoda" on the front of it.

Yea im sorry, Forgot the most important details....
Its all by Hasbro. All the Build-A-Droid factory parts all at Star Tours!!! So the 3 3/4" scale.

Do they have the parts to make HK-47 from KOTOR, or is it just all Astromechs? (nothing wrong with that, by the way)

Was kind of bummed about missing Star Wars weekend by one freaking day this year, but its nice to see the news of other cool SW stuff being added in. :yess:

On site article from Rebelscum:

https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disneys_Droid_Factory_Opens_145548.asp

Disney_Droid_Factory-confirmed.jpg

Thats great! My daughter lovs my 1/6 astro's, shes going to love this. :clap

so are these all the leftover build a droid pieces from the figure packs from a few years back??

I wish these were bigger, something that small, it's neat but I have a feeling it'll be one of those "Not that neat for the price" things. Something "potato head" sized would have been nice.

This is a cool idea. Betcha Disney is gonna bank on this one too.

Back