Action Figure 1/6 Custom THX-1138 Detention Officer Figure - FINAL with new head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't updated this thread in a long long time. I recently found some old pics of the first generation of officers I made. These were posted on another forum. I'm scheduled to do a small run of these after Dredd, Anderson, and Kane. So I figured I'd upload these old pics to revive this thread.

The new version will use the same patterns, but will be more movie accurate since at the time these were originally made -I had very little reference materials. Now - I've got more sources.
I'll set up an interest thread when I'm ready to start the run.

Here are the first generation pics:

thx1.jpg
thx2.jpg
thx3.jpg

thx4.jpg
thx5.jpg
thx6.jpg

thx7.jpg

I took these pics of my custom THX1138 Detention Officer just before I sold him a couple years ago. I plan to make an updated version at some time since my abilities have improved since I made this version about 5 years ago.

I made him pretty much from scratch. The suit is a combination of pleather and leather. All the studs, baton, and accents in the helmet are metal.

The boots were combination sculpted sole and pleather neck so ankle articulation is complete.

The helmet I sculpted from scratch because there's really no existing 1/6 scale early 70s motorcycle cop helmet out there. Also - the helmet needed to be underscaled to look right on the head.

The head was more involved than appears. The heads in the movie weren't just generic mannequin heads spray painted silver. The relation between the forehead, eyes, nose and mouth was pretty specific.

The body I made from a Medicom body. I had to extent the arms, legs, and torso to give him the creepy tall lanky look of the officers in the movie.

The box is a design I made for a box that I may get around to producing for the new figure.

thx_01.jpg
thx_02.jpg
thx_03.jpg

Last edited:
Re: THX1138 Detention Officer

That is a nice looking figure. I hope someone offers them sometime.

That is amazing!

That is a nice looking figure. I hope someone offers them sometime.

Thanks guys! I put a lot of little details in to him. If you look closely - there are two little loop straps sewn into the side seams of the the torso of the jacket. In the movie - the officers would use these loops to brace the long taser poles against their bodies.

And there's a similar strap on the center of the taser poles for the officers to loop around their wrists.

Awesome! And you can now improve on that? Look forward to following this intently!
:clap:clap:clap

Saw it a while ago funny to discover it was your work.
Hope you make some set available like for kane ;)

WOW - very very VERY nice work mate! :rock :rock :rock

One of my favourite films - love the box you've got there too - true retro gold!!

Well done man. :clap

Awesome! And you can now improve on that? Look forward to following this intently!
:clap:clap:clap

Thanks Fangs of Death :wave

I think the area I would improve would be the boots. They're a little too bulky for my taste. The boots in the move were riding boots and had a really cut look.

Saw it a while ago funny to discover it was your work.
Hope you make some set available like for kane ;)

Thanks Olbertfrog :hi5:
I *may* make a couple available. This one would be a full figure rather than a kit like Kane. The suit is pretty much made to fit the body so it would be hard to make just a suit and have it fit whatever body you end up putting it on. I will let you guys know if I decide to make him available.

WOW - very very VERY nice work mate! :rock :rock :rock

One of my favourite films - love the box you've got there too - true retro gold!!

Well done man. :clap

It's funny but when my family came here from Vietnam - my childhood image of movies was filled by images from two Lucas films: "Star Wars" and "THX1138". I didn't find out til much later that Lucas directed both.

I don't like the new added THX scenes though. Some worked really well, but the ones that didn't were pretty bad.

Thanks for the complements on the box. It's definitely retro - Mego style. :)

Back