What is wrong with Giles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waverly94

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Well, the most distrubing thing to me is that he doesn't come with any books. He needs books! (Perhaps the Vampyre book?)

Not really complaining (just glad to have him at all.)

It is strange, Giles without books is like Buffy without a stake. Luckily I have the Vampyre book from PG Buffy to pose with him.

I think his glasses look "off" when worn. However, I plan to display him holding them in his hand, so that's okay by me.

I would but I don't own a Darla figure. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I was on the Wait LIst for both blue and red versions for awhile then my request was cancelled a couple of months ago. Funny, a Red Darla "popped" up in the "Doors of Indecision" game at this year's SDCC Freak party. :confused:

What, Sideshow... my money not good enough for you? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Needless to say I didn't win it :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 ... but the winner was kind enough to let me look at it. It was the first time I saw the figure in person.

Me like.

As for arming Giles with books, I plan to give him the Vampyre book that comes with the PG Buffy... that is when I finally GET that Buffy. I only have Grad Day Buffy. I've got time.

LordAzrael said:
Or you could support the Kurgan crusade by buying a Modern connor. He comes with a history of Metallurgy book ;-)

Oops... I have that figure, I forgot he came with a book. :D

Now that you mention it, BOTH my Mutant Leader and Jailor come with a Hymn book! :lol :rotfl :lol

I did have a SS Gene Wilder Frankenstien figure with a "How I Did it" book but I sold it recently. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I was going to buy a Modern Duncan figure to get the long sleeve red shirt for my Spike figure but I haven't found one in my "price range". :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

There is only one thing REALLY wrong with Giles... that he is NOT in my hot little hands right NOW!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

LordAzrael said:
You need to get a Hush Buffy. That comes with the Vampyre book.

I have the Grad BUffy. Don't really feel the need for the Hush Buffy (or Prom Buffy.) I forgot about that one having the Vampyr book since I don't own her. Did they all come with it or was it an "exclusive" item?

Didn't buy Darla either - wasn't crazy about the looks of her (I think I would have preferred her human face.) I may have to pick one up just for the books though!

I'm not a completist - I just buy the figures I like (and lately that is everything they have been announcing!)

Just did a quick look on eBay and noticed that Hush Buffy does come with some kind of book (couldn't tell if it was Vampyr or not) and Prophecy Girl also comes with a Vampyr book. Both books are closed though - I will probably have to pose Giles with Der Kindestod's book instead as it is open and looks cooler.

Hush Buffy comes with the same Vampyre book that Prophecy Girl Buffy comes with. The only difference is that the PG Buffy book has the raised parts of the book painted gold.

Waverly, I really like that idea of posing Giles with DKs book! That would look cooler and makes sense that Giles would have it!

Firefly Flanatic said:
Waverly, I really like that idea of posing Giles with DKs book! That would look cooler and makes sense that Giles would have it!

That is a great idea. :cool:

I am actually a little sad that Giles didn't come with his drawings, either from Hush or when he was trying to communicate to the slayerette. The little Gachnar demon more than makes up for this though!

Protozaius said:
There is only one thing REALLY wrong with Giles... that he is NOT in my hot little hands right NOW!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

That's exactly how I feel! :lol

Iwas just thinking today of repainting all those stupid books that came with my Muddy Python Knights and sticking them beside him. I unpacked the knights and left the books in the box.

Since they made the Jabba throne to go with Jabba, do you think Sideshow would ever make a library(maybe even half a library) to go with our Giles, Buffy, Xander, and Willow? The figures need a place to research and of course the environment would include many of the books featured in the show. Wishful thinking of course. At least a library was made for the 6" figures a while back.

Back