Vintage Terminator Collectibles, Show Yours

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I picked up a terminator collectible I had as a teen from ebay and thought it might be cool to share. Its the T2 3D 12" t-800 collectors edition from kenner made in 1997, I had this and a few of the smaller figures but lost them years ago when I moved back to New York. I picked this up for nostalgia, and thought it might be fun to have a place to post pics and discuss some of the oldies so feel free to post your own here too:)
picsmay2012390.jpg

^Thanks, there is is still a few of this on ebay if anyone wants to pick one up. I got this one still new in box for 20 bucks plus five dollars shipping. They don't compare with whats available today from hot toys and what not, but are just fun to have for nostalgia. You could use it for parts though or make it look better with a repaint if you wanted. I just want to keep it orginial myself. I remember hoping after I got this back in the day that they would make a full endoskeleton but sadly this 12" line started and ended with this one release. The smaller figures line kenner made had several waves but after the first wave they started to get really weird with figures that had action features like the T1000 that shot rockets from his azz:dunno:lol

I took this shot when i got my HT T-800, showing the evolution of my Terminator figs:

T-800_5.png

I had some more of the Kenner Line back in the early 90's, but this one was always my favorite as it had the best likeness.

This is why I find comments like, "wait for the newer version of X figure. The new one makes that version obsolete" humorous. I know we all collect for different reasons, but I don't get collectors who are only looking for the next best thing. There is a beauty and a charm in what came before.

I took this shot when i got my HT T-800, showing the evolution of my Terminator figs:

T-800_5.png

I had some more of the Kenner Line back in the early 90's, but this one was always my favorite as it had the best likeness.

Cool photo:hi5: I had the one you there in the bottom of the photo, but what is that one on the right? never seen that before, looks cool. I had actually had about six of the small kenner figures, the techno punch, the T-800 that looked like it was from mad max, the exploding T-1000, hidden power terminator and the T-1000 that shot rockets from his butt. They were full of silly gimmics but that was the essenance of 90's toys.

Cool photo:hi5: I had the one you there in the bottom of the photo, but what is that one on the right? never seen that before, looks cool. I had actually had about six of the small kenner figures, the techno punch, the T-800 that looked like it was from mad max, the exploding T-1000, hidden power terminator and the T-1000 that shot rockets from his butt. They were full of silly gimmics but that was the essenance of 90's toys.

Thanks. :) I had this one, the secret weapon Terminator and the red hot T-1000, while my brother had the Endoskeleton, exloding T-1000 and the meltdown Terminator. I loved playing with them, I remember building a steel mill playset out of Playmobil. :lol
The one on the right is a repaint of the McFarlane version from 2001. The face is so destroyed because they didn't get the likeness rights to Schwarzenegger back then.

It was good fun back then, Since you meantioned playset it reminded me of the bio-flesh regenerator I had too. It was this contrapsion that you put a endoskeletion into and it put rubbery flesh over it that you could damage to expose the endo, it was kinda silly and I remember getting bored with it pretty quick cause the endos had no articulation at all. Guess thats why I never liked statues:monkey1

I used to have this 1/6 scale battle damage T-800. It was an extremely detailed vinyl figure with articulation only in the arms. I found it at MediaPlay on discount for $5. There was only one left and the clerk said that it was a premium giveaway that was bundled with the DVD in Canada.

I haven't seen it anywhere since. I gave it to my friend as a last minute birthday gift.

This was back in 1998 - 1999. Any of you have this?

I have a whole set of these figures MOC plus the 12" MIB if anyone wants to buy or trade for them.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Post some pics, what are you into? Might concider a trade:)

Here is a pic I just took. I bought these brand new when they were first released.

Mostly into Star Wars but I am open for anything. These are just stored away in a tote in our spare room.

I also have the McFarlane Movie Maniacs T-800, T-1000 and T-800 Endoskeleton loose/mint/complete that I was getting ready to sell with 9 other loose Movie Maniacs figures.

T23D.jpg

This is why I find comments like, "wait for the newer version of X figure. The new one makes that version obsolete" humorous. I know we all collect for different reasons, but I don't get collectors who are only looking for the next best thing. There is a beauty and a charm in what came before.

Yeah this is common now for alot of newer collectors and thats fine if thats what they want. I posted pics a while back in the gijoe thread of sideshow gijoe next to hall of fame gijoe from the 90s just as a nod to the past and it got made fun of:( I know that these old toys can't hold a candle to the stuff they come out with now in terms of detail and articulation and such, but I have to hand it to the oldies in terms of durability. When you look at the fact that these toys are nearly 20 years old and made of plastic and rubbery pvc and they have not aged abit or the rubber is not falling apart makes you wonder how companys today can't say the same and charge outlandish prices make me wonder.

I had that purple shirt terminator when I was young, wish I still had it.

Me too, i had another one with switch out arms and i remember losing one, i was not happy :lol

:goodpost: :exactly:

It's all about upgrading these days :slap

I like this thread. I might have to break out my vintage figures and take some pics myself.

Does anyone else have any of the T2 Micro Machines? My favorite MM play set of all time is the endo head that opens to become the steel mill.

Back