PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Terminator Collectibles, Show Yours

The Skull
05-12-2012, 06:11 PM
So I picked up a terminator collectible I had as a teen from ebay and thought it might be cool to share. Its the T2 3D 12" t-800 collectors edition from kenner made in 1997, I had this and a few of the smaller figures but lost them years ago when I moved back to New York. I picked this up for nostalgia, and thought it might be fun to have a place to post pics and discuss some of the oldies so feel free to post your own here too:)
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/picsmay2012390.jpg

The Skull
05-12-2012, 06:13 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/picsmay2012394.jpghttp://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/picsmay2012395.jpghttp://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/picsmay2012393.jpg

The Skull
05-12-2012, 06:13 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/picsmay2012392.jpg

Jackhepburn
05-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Haha, Back in the day :clap

cplhicks
05-13-2012, 05:21 AM
For 1997 that is really cool.

The Skull
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
^Thanks, there is is still a few of this on ebay if anyone wants to pick one up. I got this one still new in box for 20 bucks plus five dollars shipping. They don't compare with whats available today from hot toys and what not, but are just fun to have for nostalgia. You could use it for parts though or make it look better with a repaint if you wanted. I just want to keep it orginial myself. I remember hoping after I got this back in the day that they would make a full endoskeleton but sadly this 12" line started and ended with this one release. The smaller figures line kenner made had several waves but after the first wave they started to get really weird with figures that had action features like the T1000 that shot rockets from his azz:dunno:lol

agonistes86
05-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I took this shot when i got my HT T-800, showing the evolution of my Terminator figs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Hot%20Toys%20T-800/T-800_5.png

I had some more of the Kenner Line back in the early 90's, but this one was always my favorite as it had the best likeness.

JacktheRipper
05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
This is why I find comments like, "wait for the newer version of X figure. The new one makes that version obsolete" humorous. I know we all collect for different reasons, but I don't get collectors who are only looking for the next best thing. There is a beauty and a charm in what came before.

Tonymontana
05-13-2012, 01:45 PM
I had that purple shirt terminator when I was young, wish I still had it.

The Skull
05-13-2012, 03:59 PM
I took this shot when i got my HT T-800, showing the evolution of my Terminator figs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Hot%20Toys%20T-800/T-800_5.png

I had some more of the Kenner Line back in the early 90's, but this one was always my favorite as it had the best likeness.

Cool photo:hi5: I had the one you there in the bottom of the photo, but what is that one on the right? never seen that before, looks cool. I had actually had about six of the small kenner figures, the techno punch, the T-800 that looked like it was from mad max, the exploding T-1000, hidden power terminator and the T-1000 that shot rockets from his butt. They were full of silly gimmics but that was the essenance of 90's toys.

agonistes86
05-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Cool photo:hi5: I had the one you there in the bottom of the photo, but what is that one on the right? never seen that before, looks cool. I had actually had about six of the small kenner figures, the techno punch, the T-800 that looked like it was from mad max, the exploding T-1000, hidden power terminator and the T-1000 that shot rockets from his butt. They were full of silly gimmics but that was the essenance of 90's toys.

Thanks. :) I had this one, the secret weapon Terminator and the red hot T-1000, while my brother had the Endoskeleton, exloding T-1000 and the meltdown Terminator. I loved playing with them, I remember building a steel mill playset out of Playmobil. :lol
The one on the right is a repaint of the McFarlane version from 2001. The face is so destroyed because they didn't get the likeness rights to Schwarzenegger back then.

The Skull
05-13-2012, 04:17 PM
It was good fun back then, Since you meantioned playset it reminded me of the bio-flesh regenerator I had too. It was this contrapsion that you put a endoskeletion into and it put rubbery flesh over it that you could damage to expose the endo, it was kinda silly and I remember getting bored with it pretty quick cause the endos had no articulation at all. Guess thats why I never liked statues:monkey1

tinister
05-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I used to have this 1/6 scale battle damage T-800. It was an extremely detailed vinyl figure with articulation only in the arms. I found it at MediaPlay on discount for $5. There was only one left and the clerk said that it was a premium giveaway that was bundled with the DVD in Canada.

I haven't seen it anywhere since. I gave it to my friend as a last minute birthday gift.

This was back in 1998 - 1999. Any of you have this?

Garemlin
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I have a whole set of these figures MOC plus the 12" MIB if anyone wants to buy or trade for them.

Tap'd from my Maxx

The Skull
05-13-2012, 04:43 PM
I have a whole set of these figures MOC plus the 12" MIB if anyone wants to buy or trade for them.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Post some pics, what are you into? Might concider a trade:)

Garemlin
05-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Post some pics, what are you into? Might concider a trade:)

Here is a pic I just took. I bought these brand new when they were first released.

Mostly into Star Wars but I am open for anything. These are just stored away in a tote in our spare room.

I also have the McFarlane Movie Maniacs T-800, T-1000 and T-800 Endoskeleton loose/mint/complete that I was getting ready to sell with 9 other loose Movie Maniacs figures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/Monstermile/T23D.jpg

The Skull
05-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Great stuff thanks for posting:clap I had some of thoses back in the day.
P.M. sent:wink1:

The Skull
05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
This is why I find comments like, "wait for the newer version of X figure. The new one makes that version obsolete" humorous. I know we all collect for different reasons, but I don't get collectors who are only looking for the next best thing. There is a beauty and a charm in what came before.

Yeah this is common now for alot of newer collectors and thats fine if thats what they want. I posted pics a while back in the gijoe thread of sideshow gijoe next to hall of fame gijoe from the 90s just as a nod to the past and it got made fun of:( I know that these old toys can't hold a candle to the stuff they come out with now in terms of detail and articulation and such, but I have to hand it to the oldies in terms of durability. When you look at the fact that these toys are nearly 20 years old and made of plastic and rubbery pvc and they have not aged abit or the rubber is not falling apart makes you wonder how companys today can't say the same and charge outlandish prices make me wonder.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
05-14-2012, 10:32 PM
I had that purple shirt terminator when I was young, wish I still had it.

Me too, i had another one with switch out arms and i remember losing one, i was not happy :lol

:goodpost: :exactly:

It's all about upgrading these days :slap

Mr. Fusion
05-16-2012, 04:42 AM
I like this thread. I might have to break out my vintage figures and take some pics myself.

Does anyone else have any of the T2 Micro Machines? My favorite MM play set of all time is the endo head that opens to become the steel mill.

The Skull
05-16-2012, 06:47 PM
I like this thread. I might have to break out my vintage figures and take some pics myself.

Does anyone else have any of the T2 Micro Machines? My favorite MM play set of all time is the endo head that opens to become the steel mill.

Please do:postpics: I would love to see all the vintage stuff out there for terminator. I remember micro machines but don't think I ever seen the terminator ones. I have the awesome kenner stuff on the way that garemlin was cool enought to trade, so I will post more pics when I get them.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
05-16-2012, 07:31 PM

I had the little vehicle pack that had Arnie on his bike, i can't remember the others, maybe a HK?

God, i loved Micro Machines :)

Garemlin
05-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Please do:postpics: I would love to see all the vintage stuff out there for terminator. I remember micro machines but don't think I ever seen the terminator ones. I have the awesome kenner stuff on the way that garemlin was cool enought to trade, so I will post more pics when I get them.

Hope you enjoy them my friend.

The Skull
05-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Hope you enjoy them my friend.

I'm sure I will:D The only thing to figure out now is will I leave them in package cause they look great that way or do I open them and play terminator like a little kid:lol

a-dev
05-16-2012, 08:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/Monstermile/T23D.jpg

I only had the T-1000 on the bottom and the endoskeleton, except from the regular T2 line as opposed to the 3D. This was a few years before I made any attempt to preserve the collectibility of my figures so the packaging was thrown out and the figures played with and ultimately ruined. For some reason my brother took it upon himself to colour-in the liquid metal half of the T-1000 a crimson red.

So 2 figures back then. I'm making up for it now.

Garemlin
05-16-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm sure I will:D The only thing to figure out now is will I leave them in package cause they look great that way or do I open them and play terminator like a little kid:lol

Your call. Outside of the price tags they are in very displayable condition to keep MOC. But if nothing else at least you have an extra 12" Arnie to keep in the box if you decide to open the smaller ones.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
05-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Didn't the endo have a panel at the back so you could use a torch to light up the eyes?

I distinctly remember the rubbe hip support areas (where Kyle Reese placed the plastique) :D

a-dev
05-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Hmm, if it were me I'd keep them MOC.

Garemlin
05-16-2012, 08:30 PM
For some reason my brother took it upon himself to colour-in the liquid metal half of the T-1000 a crimson red.

That's funny. I had a Han Solo that I ripped the head off of and used red magic marker to make blood on his white shirt. This is when I was getting more into horror movies as a kid. Sad part this was a 12 back large head Han. The more valuable one. If I only knew then. LOL

The Skull
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I will keep the 12" one on the box for sure, and the little guys will likely stay on card as well, but I may open one just for fun:) Now that I have rekindled my nostalgia I may hunt down some others on ebay as there not to pricey right now. I'm getting most of my favorates in this trade but I would still like to find the secret weapon terminator that looks like he came out of mad max:lol I always liked that one for some reason.

Garemlin
05-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I will keep the 12" one on the box for sure, and the little guys will likely stay on card as well, but I may open one just for fun:) Now that I have rekindled my nostalgia I may hunt down some others on ebay as there not to pricey right now. I'm getting most of my favorates in this trade but I would still like to find the secret weapon terminator that looks like he came out of mad max:lol I always liked that one for some reason.

There were others?? I thought I had the complete set. Or was there other series.

The Skull
05-16-2012, 09:01 PM
There were others?? I thought I had the complete set. Or was there other series.

There were several waves and series, first there was the t-2 line than future war line than the 3D line. Most of the waves were repaints from the orginial line. I would post a link to the kenner terminator wiki link if I knew how:panic: There was a car and motorcycle aswell as the bio-flesh re-generator playset to.

Garemlin
05-16-2012, 09:05 PM
There were several waves and series, first there was the t-2 line than future war line than the 3D line. Most of the waves were repaints from the orginial line. I would post a link to the kenner terminator wiki link if I knew how:panic: There was a car and motorcycle aswell as the bio-flesh re-generator playset to.

Didn't realize there were so many. If I did you would now have a bigger collection coming. LOL

The Skull
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Just got my kenner stuff from garemlin, so I thought I would post pics with a closer look.
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator003.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator004.jpg
Thanks buddy, more to come:)

The Skull
05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator005.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator006.jpg

More coming....

The Skull
05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator007.jpg
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator008.jpg

Garemlin
05-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Looking good man!!!

a-dev
05-17-2012, 06:56 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator007.jpg

^The best young John Connor figure ever made!

Looking at all the Arnie T-800s I can recall myself as a child - 'ermm, this is cool and all but can I please just have one that looks like he does in the film!??!'

The Skull
05-17-2012, 07:10 PM
^:rotflThats because its the only john connor ever made:rotfl Hot toys need to make this one happen. Yeah the likeness on these guys was more than just way off, but that was the case for most toys in the 90s, they were just fun kids toys with silly action features. heres a pic just to show the how far toys have come.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/kennerterminator001.jpg

What a time to be a collector, we have been spoiled have'nt we:monkey3

a-dev
05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Indeed. It took awhile but we finally got the kinds of figures we wanted all along. And remember when the T1 license was just a dream, finally it happened...albeit still not tapped into as completely as it could be by HT :impatient:

Garemlin
05-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Indeed. It took awhile but we finally got the kinds of figures we wanted all along. And remember when the T1 license was just a dream, finally it happened...albeit still not tapped into as completely as it could be by HT :impatient:

With the recent lifelike sculpts and neat features like PERS, it kinda makes you wonder what it will be like 10 years from now. Just when you think it can't possibly get any better it usually does.

darb
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
That's funny. I had a Han Solo that I ripped the head off of and used red magic marker to make blood on his white shirt. This is when I was getting more into horror movies as a kid. Sad part this was a 12 back large head Han. The more valuable one. If I only knew then. LOL

haha tell me about it i had a box of vintage figures and when i was like 12 13 i melted them together or cut them apart with a saw. I know i had some good figures to lol could smack myself now.

I had alot of these terminator figures and remember the flesh generator kit, tho it did get old since the endo didnt move and i remember the skin fell off if you took to much off

The Skull
05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
With the recent lifelike sculpts and neat features like PERS, it kinda makes you wonder what it will be like 10 years from now. Just when you think it can't possibly get any better it usually does.

I can guess at a few things I think we will see in the coming years. One would be more use of real like hair with to make the sculpts look more real, another may be the use of thin silcone or rubber like material covering a head with ability to change expressions. I can also see 50+ points of articulation become more common and static hands becoming less popular so the days of getting 5+ sets of hands with every release will likely go away.

I could think of more but I don't want to write a book, but this is an interesting topic:idea maybe I start a thread in the general section:)

omegaglory1
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM

That little T800 figure brings back memories. I vaguely remember you could remove one of the arms and replace it with a cybernetic one, and it had an extending feature, supposed to be a a rod or blade that would come out of his hand though that sounds more the T1000. Of course, my mum never bought me this one, wasn't allowed figures that looked gross or weird. So could only get them as presents from relatives and other people. So no Toad Air marshall, He-Man villains or the stranger looking Ninja turtle figures.