Helo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael M

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I am new to this site and forums, but have been a collectible action figure collector for over 20 years. I only recently started collecting 12" within the last year and have over 12 Hot Toy figures w/ some being duplicates.
I have liked HT's for many years but could not justify the price point.

However now with all the U.S. toy companies dissing and taking advantage of the collectors I am no longer happy with the service or the disrespect given to me by the chains that I spend my money with.

So I prefer to go with paying more for supposedly better quality and less strings and hassles attached.

Off course I undertsnd that HT,s could learn a few things about deadlines from Japanese toymakers, who rarely change deadlines and their quality control is much better.

I hope in the future HT's will take the time to address these issue and offer a better product. But for now they really cant be beat.

:welcome to the boards man

I have liked HT's for many years but could not justify the price point.

I know were your coming from there. I would love to have all the HT pred figures but just cant justify the price. Still admire HT though they make some mighty fine products.

Welcome friend. Good to have you here. Good point re deadlines, but as a UK resident, I am unfamiliar with the type of behaviour you are refering to regarding the U.S. companies..?

Welcome friend. Good to have you here. Good point re deadlines, but as a UK resident, I am unfamiliar with the type of behaviour you are refering to regarding the U.S. companies..?

Mattel- last year solicites to all wholesalers and then cancels the lines to ALL but the big chains that can order 10,000 pieces and then later they up their wholesale quantity minimum. No wonder they cancelled most lines this year.

Hasbro- Now really only carried in target and limited in walmart & TRU. They limit the wholesalers also as it seems they NEVER make enough to sell.

TRU doesnt carry anything an adult collector would want unless its made in the millions quantity for kids.

Walmart- almost 90% barely carry male action figures anymore and if so in very limited supply.

Target carries the most, but half the time most of the shelves are barely stocked.

Back