PDA

View Full Version : Gidget Earle, Sideshow Costumer & Fabricator

Gidget Earle
07-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Dear Sideshow Fans,

I would like to introduce myself:
My name is Gidget Earle, and I have been a Sideshow Costumer for the past three years.
Per the Comic Con chats many of you have inquired as to who does the majority of fabrication for the 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale projects. That would be myself.

The following is a list of my 1/4 scale costumes:
Ob-Wan Kenobi, The Punisher, Spiderman, Buffy, Spike, Hulk, and KISS. Plus others soon to be released!!
The work I have done on the 1/6 line is extensive and includes: Bib Fortuna, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R. Lee Ermey, Giles, Planet of the Apes, Buffy, and many more too numerous to list.
Please see my website and you may view the work I have done for Sideshow and get to know more about me:
www.gidget.ws
You are welcome to contact me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you all for reading this. I will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Sincerely,
Gidget Earle
p.s. I will be happy to autograph any of my costumed Sideshow product purchased through my website. Please contact me for details.

Batty
07-30-2006, 02:09 PM
:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

Great to have you join us, Gidget! You do amazing work. I hope you'll be able to tell us what goes into making certain costumes and maybe what it's like working for Sideshow. Do you collect as well as create?

I love PJ Harvey, btw.

The Josh
07-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Welcome some nice pieces you've worked on it seems.

creecher
07-30-2006, 05:13 PM
:welcome Gidget. Thanks for bothering to join us here on the Freaks board, and letting us know of your affiliation with Sideshow. I hope we get to know you better, and you can illuminate us with consideration to your field.

You costumers are the unsung heroes of my 1/6 world. You should all be acclaimed on the boxes of the figures you have worked on.

TOE
07-31-2006, 03:09 AM
I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

How long does it take to finally make the prototype clothing??....say, Obi-wan?

pordey2
07-31-2006, 03:11 AM
:chew Welcome, welcome! :chew

NSFolsom
07-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Welcome, Gidget! I'm enjoying your work right now! I have both premium format figures of The Punisher Tim Bradstreet Edition and Obi-Wan! I love them a great deal! I can't wait for 1/6 Bib and Obi-Wan!

Very nice work, indeed!:chew

Welcome to Sideshow Collectors!

Darklord Dave
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
It's always great to have the actual creators of this stuff on board. :welcome!

And you'll notice you are now an "SSC VIP" in your custom title.

paulcarson
07-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Welcome Gidget ! Glad to have you here!

EVILFACE
07-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Welcome. You've done some amazing work.

pjam
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Gidget,
I love your work and artistry! So cool to have another artisan on board, it only makes it that much more interesting for all of us.

Cheers! :D

goliath
08-01-2006, 04:51 AM
Hello Gidget,

:fireworks :welcome

We are honoured to see you join! Nice work you have done for Sideshow so far - and I love the Plush Snoopies on your website, cute!

Gidget Earle
08-01-2006, 01:19 PM
:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

Great to have you join us, Gidget! You do amazing work. I hope you'll be able to tell us what goes into making certain costumes and maybe what it's like working for Sideshow. Do you collect as well as create?

I love PJ Harvey, btw.

Thank you! The Sideshow guys are great to work with.
My personal collection consists of much licensed plush prototypes that I worked on during my days as the lead plush designer for Applause.

Gidget Earle
08-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Hello Gidget,

:fireworks :welcome

We are honoured to see you join! Nice work you have done for Sideshow so far - and I love the Plush Snoopies on your website, cute!

The red "hoodie" Snoopy & Woodstock plush were a recent project I completed for E-mak, a promotional toy company in L.A. They will be sold at Macy's dept stores this fall in conjunction with the Macy's Day parade.
Thanks for your interest !

Gidget Earle
08-01-2006, 01:28 PM
:welcome Gidget. Thanks for bothering to join us here on the Freaks board, and letting us know of your affiliation with Sideshow. I hope we get to know you better, and you can illuminate us with consideration to your field.

You costumers are the unsung heroes of my 1/6 world. You should all be acclaimed on the boxes of the figures you have worked on.

Thank you. Yes I believe the costumers should get credit on the boxes next to the sculptors. Maybe one of the big guns will read this and reconsider!

Gidget Earle
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
How long does it take to finally make the prototype clothing??....say, Obi-wan?

It's difficult to give an exact time frame on the Research & Development of the costumes. Obi was tougher than you might think because I had trouble finding brown flannel for the robe. Easy to find pink, blue or yellow, but not brown! I finally found a source in L.A. but then the shade was too light and it had to be dyed to meet licensor approval.

Gidget Earle
08-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Welcome, Gidget! I'm enjoying your work right now! I have both premium format figures of The Punisher Tim Bradstreet Edition and Obi-Wan! I love them a great deal! I can't wait for 1/6 Bib and Obi-Wan!

Very nice work, indeed!:chew

Welcome to Sideshow Collectors!

Thank you!! I am very proud of those two pieces.
The Punisher was one of my biggest challenges yet!

Gidget Earle
08-01-2006, 01:36 PM
It's always great to have the actual creators of this stuff on board. :welcome!

And you'll notice you are now an "SSC VIP" in your custom title.

HUH?? SSC VIP?? No I don't see that, but what an honor!

Seaward
08-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the board Gidget!

Sideshow creates some amazing figures, due to the amazing work done by the sculptors and the fantastic work done by the clothing fabricators. Sideshow 1/6 outfits are far and away some of the best "toys" I have ever seen. It is quite an honor to be able to say thanks directly to the person responsible for some of my favorite figures!

Darklord Dave
08-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Willow's pink sweater is one of my favorites - that must have been a real challenge.

KAOSINLA
08-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Welcome Aboard.....some wonderful pieces there!!!!

UTtoyfan
08-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Welcome welcome! Your costumes turn out great for these figures!

Gidget Earle
08-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the board Gidget!

Sideshow creates some amazing figures, due to the amazing work done by the sculptors and the fantastic work done by the clothing fabricators. Sideshow 1/6 outfits are far and away some of the best "toys" I have ever seen. It is quite an honor to be able to say thanks directly to the person responsible for some of my favorite figures!

Those 1/6 costumes are more difficult to do than the premium format figures. The smaller it gets, the harder it is to make.

Gidget Earle
08-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Willow's pink sweater is one of my favorites - that must have been a real challenge.

Yes it was a real challenge! That was the first job I did for Sideshow so I really tried hard to capture it. Since I could not find a bulky knit pink fabric at retail, I hand crocheted the first sample! However, we had to change the fabric when moved into production, as China would not be able to "hand" knit each one.

pixletwin
08-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Could you fill us in on the decisions that were made to change the fabric of Anakin's shirt for the SDCC Vader? :cool:

Darth Kustomizer
08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Could you fill us in on the decisions that were made to change the fabric of Anakin's shirt for the SDCC Vader? :cool:

Welcome to the board!

I would be curious as to the answer to this question as well.

Also, any difficulty working with the Lucas folks?

Gidget Earle
08-03-2006, 09:25 PM

Hi,
No I'm sorry I wasn't involved in the change of that shirt fabric...

Gidget Earle
08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the board!

I would be curious as to the answer to this question as well.

Also, any difficulty working with the Lucas folks?

I'm sorta used to being tortured by licensors after doing so much work for Disney....so I can't say that Lucas was any more tough than others. It's all a matter of character correctness and trying to be as precise as possible in replicating the costumes like the originals in the films. 99% of the time I am there on the first try.

Shai
08-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Welcome, join the Krusade !!!

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9364