Gidget Earle, Sideshow Costumer & Fabricator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gidget Earle

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Dear Sideshow Fans,

I would like to introduce myself:
My name is Gidget Earle, and I have been a Sideshow Costumer for the past three years.
Per the Comic Con chats many of you have inquired as to who does the majority of fabrication for the 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale projects. That would be myself.

The following is a list of my 1/4 scale costumes:
Ob-Wan Kenobi, The Punisher, Spiderman, Buffy, Spike, Hulk, and KISS. Plus others soon to be released!!
The work I have done on the 1/6 line is extensive and includes: Bib Fortuna, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R. Lee Ermey, Giles, Planet of the Apes, Buffy, and many more too numerous to list.
Please see my website and you may view the work I have done for Sideshow and get to know more about me:
www.gidget.ws
You are welcome to contact me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you all for reading this. I will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Sincerely,
Gidget Earle
p.s. I will be happy to autograph any of my costumed Sideshow product purchased through my website. Please contact me for details.

:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

Great to have you join us, Gidget! You do amazing work. I hope you'll be able to tell us what goes into making certain costumes and maybe what it's like working for Sideshow. Do you collect as well as create?

I love PJ Harvey, btw.

:welcome Gidget. Thanks for bothering to join us here on the Freaks board, and letting us know of your affiliation with Sideshow. I hope we get to know you better, and you can illuminate us with consideration to your field.

You costumers are the unsung heroes of my 1/6 world. You should all be acclaimed on the boxes of the figures you have worked on.

Gidget Earle said:
I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

How long does it take to finally make the prototype clothing??....say, Obi-wan?

Welcome, Gidget! I'm enjoying your work right now! I have both premium format figures of The Punisher Tim Bradstreet Edition and Obi-Wan! I love them a great deal! I can't wait for 1/6 Bib and Obi-Wan!

Very nice work, indeed!:chew

Welcome to Sideshow Collectors!

It's always great to have the actual creators of this stuff on board. :welcome!

And you'll notice you are now an "SSC VIP" in your custom title.

Hi Gidget,
I love your work and artistry! So cool to have another artisan on board, it only makes it that much more interesting for all of us.

Cheers! :D

Hello Gidget,

:fireworks :welcome

We are honoured to see you join! Nice work you have done for Sideshow so far - and I love the Plush Snoopies on your website, cute!

Batty said:
:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

Great to have you join us, Gidget! You do amazing work. I hope you'll be able to tell us what goes into making certain costumes and maybe what it's like working for Sideshow. Do you collect as well as create?

I love PJ Harvey, btw.

Thank you! The Sideshow guys are great to work with.
My personal collection consists of much licensed plush prototypes that I worked on during my days as the lead plush designer for Applause.

goliath said:
Hello Gidget,

:fireworks :welcome

We are honoured to see you join! Nice work you have done for Sideshow so far - and I love the Plush Snoopies on your website, cute!

The red "hoodie" Snoopy & Woodstock plush were a recent project I completed for E-mak, a promotional toy company in L.A. They will be sold at Macy's dept stores this fall in conjunction with the Macy's Day parade.
Thanks for your interest !

creecher said:
:welcome Gidget. Thanks for bothering to join us here on the Freaks board, and letting us know of your affiliation with Sideshow. I hope we get to know you better, and you can illuminate us with consideration to your field.

You costumers are the unsung heroes of my 1/6 world. You should all be acclaimed on the boxes of the figures you have worked on.

Thank you. Yes I believe the costumers should get credit on the boxes next to the sculptors. Maybe one of the big guns will read this and reconsider!

student_toe5 said:
How long does it take to finally make the prototype clothing??....say, Obi-wan?

It's difficult to give an exact time frame on the Research & Development of the costumes. Obi was tougher than you might think because I had trouble finding brown flannel for the robe. Easy to find pink, blue or yellow, but not brown! I finally found a source in L.A. but then the shade was too light and it had to be dyed to meet licensor approval.

NSFolsom said:
Welcome, Gidget! I'm enjoying your work right now! I have both premium format figures of The Punisher Tim Bradstreet Edition and Obi-Wan! I love them a great deal! I can't wait for 1/6 Bib and Obi-Wan!

Very nice work, indeed!:chew

Welcome to Sideshow Collectors!

Thank you!! I am very proud of those two pieces.
The Punisher was one of my biggest challenges yet!

Darklord Dave said:
It's always great to have the actual creators of this stuff on board. :welcome!

And you'll notice you are now an "SSC VIP" in your custom title.

HUH?? SSC VIP?? No I don't see that, but what an honor!

Welcome to the board Gidget!

Sideshow creates some amazing figures, due to the amazing work done by the sculptors and the fantastic work done by the clothing fabricators. Sideshow 1/6 outfits are far and away some of the best "toys" I have ever seen. It is quite an honor to be able to say thanks directly to the person responsible for some of my favorite figures!

Willow's pink sweater is one of my favorites - that must have been a real challenge.

Back