PDA

View Full Version : AwesOme SUPERMAN STATUE

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Hay Friends Just Seen SUPERMAN bY Gregory Callahan very Beautiful Statue anyone getting this?

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w437/Collector-dutch/SuperMan_bust_Callahan_s.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w437/Collector-dutch/SuperMan_bust_C_Callahan_S.jpg

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Anybody got access to this statue yet???? I want this in my collection

sarakawa
05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
So far, that is just a zbrush sculpt. Are you sure it's going to be a statue? Greg sculpts tons of stuff just for fun.

pixletwin
05-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't like this. Why is Supes busting out of the phone booth before he's removed the Clark costume? So much for his alter-ego. Is this based on something else? :lol

karamazov80
05-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I like it, but cannot condone the destruction of an innocent phone booth, even if it was made by Lex Luthor.

I don't like this. Why is Supes busting out of the phone booth before he's removed the Clark costume? So much for his alter-ego. Is this based on something else? :lol
He must have went in there to change, then halfway through decides, "Nah, ____ it. I'm Superman. Who gives a ____ if people know my secret identity? *explodes out of phone booth*"

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
So far, that is just a zbrush sculpt. Are you sure it's going to be a statue? Greg sculpts tons of stuff just for fun.

yehh it is Zbrush Sculpt ......ur seeing is fully painted one

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Its Comic base its actually one of the Superman comics front poster

pixletwin
05-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Its Comic base its actually one of the Superman comics front poster

I figured it must be. If anyone can find it and post that would be cool to compare the two. :)

Karnis
05-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Now I know why there's no more phone booths to be found...Supes has busted them all to bits.

Bane
05-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I figured it must be. If anyone can find it and post that would be cool to compare the two. :)

It's from the cover of Superman/Batman 50.

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/comic-covers/9831_400x600.jpg

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Its Cover Art
http://www.alastor.biz/public/files/superman_batman_1_i_mondi_migliori.jpg

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
It's from the cover of Superman/Batman 50.

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/comic-covers/9831_400x600.jpg

i also posted :) .....looking nice

BB&WSF
05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Or, it could be because of this reason. :monkey1

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/vikasmichael/phonebooth1942.jpg

DHAVAL
05-11-2012, 02:16 PM

nice one :clap

pixletwin
05-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks Bane and Dhaval.

Cool. It just seems so uncharacteristic to have Supes busting out of a phone booth like that, but I've never read that comic, so I basing my opinion on ignorance I guess. :lol

DHAVAL
05-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Its nice Superman I like the sculpt

Collector_Neo
05-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Yup. That and the fact that Lex Tel isn't exactly your friendly telecom service!

Cheers,
Neo.

JD18_92
05-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok, Im not even a Superman fan, but this statue is just so badass! Its got so much energy and im loving that broken glass effect

Apone
05-12-2012, 12:02 PM
The dude doesnt even really need to be in a telephone booth, its all windows anyway...why not just rip your suite off and glasses on the sidewalk..its in metropolis, not like anyone is starring at him in a sea of pedestrians..they would just be like "Superman just ripped off a cheap suite and flew away"

DHAVAL
05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Ok, Im not even a Superman fan, but this statue is just so badass! Its got so much energy and im loving that broken glass effect

yeHH this is cool ......anybody got info where we can buy this

buzzybean
05-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Looks great! I'd be down for one of these. Cool sculpt!

BB

desisandy
05-13-2012, 01:09 AM
amazing piece, ^^ very good bursting into action pose. :)

chRd
05-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Cool sculpt but looks destructo superman to me

KingB
05-17-2012, 08:06 AM
That is one sweet looking Superman. Looks really fragile!

Sweet Rabbit
05-17-2012, 08:10 AM
those glass bits look like a nightmare during shipping

KingB
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
those glass bits look like a nightmare during shipping

Yeah, It would have to be shipped in kryptonite to make it to its destination in one piece!

Mamba
05-17-2012, 08:22 AM
It looks great. What is the scale?

shadowfax
05-17-2012, 08:37 AM
great sculpt...but i freaking hate nameplates

i know who he is

DarkMagic
05-17-2012, 09:06 AM

The dude doesnt even really need to be in a telephone booth, its all windows anyway...why not just rip your suite off and glasses on the sidewalk..its in metropolis, not like anyone is starring at him in a sea of pedestrians..they would just be like "Superman just ripped off a cheap suite and flew away"

Exactly, the problem isn't that he's leaving the phonebooth before he's completely suited up, the problem is that the phonebooth provides very little concealment in the first place. The way I'm looking at this statue is that it's a moment frozen in time when he's in superspeed. To human eyes, at this instant, he's just the "Red-Blue blur" (to use a Smallville reference) so it doesn't matter if they're looking at him, they can't make out what's going on anyway.

The problem with the interpretation that he's at superspeed at that moment is still the destruction of the phone booth...even at superspeed, he's supposed to have a little more control. Plus if he's sending large glass shards exploding out in every direction at high speed in that moment, let's just say he won't have any human witnesses to worry about for long. ;)

It still looks very cool.

Follow_Fatty
06-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Exactly, the problem isn't that he's leaving the phonebooth before he's completely suited up, the problem is that the phonebooth provides very little concealment in the first place. The way I'm looking at this statue is that it's a moment frozen in time when he's in superspeed. To human eyes, at this instant, he's just the "Red-Blue blur" (to use a Smallville reference) so it doesn't matter if they're looking at him, they can't make out what's going on anyway.

The problem with the interpretation that he's at superspeed at that moment is still the destruction of the phone booth...even at superspeed, he's supposed to have a little more control. Plus if he's sending large glass shards exploding out in every direction at high speed in that moment, let's just say he won't have any human witnesses to worry about for long. ;)

:slap WAAAAAY too much over analyzing of this piece going on here. It is bad ass regardless and it just looks amazing. There is no knocking this one.

Blackthornone
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM

It is also important to note that the old phone booths had a lot less glass in them , unlike the later ones which are practically all glass. The older phone booths might have offered adequate concealment at certain angles, but then when they had Superman change into costume in later years, they had him change in the new virtually completely transparent booths, just for the sake of tradition, which didn't make sense anymore.

Darklord Dave
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
This forum does not support the sale or purchase of bootleg statues. Any links or posts discussing the sale of this item will be deleted.

DHAVAL
06-10-2012, 11:57 AM
this sculpt is not on sale or not for sale....... sir

dino76m
06-10-2012, 10:14 PM
how is this classified as a bootleg, i thought this might come under custom creations

Collector_Neo
06-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Same thought here!

Cheers,
Neo.

DD_fan96
06-15-2012, 08:55 PM
That looks great. I've never seen #50 of Batman Supes before. He did a nice job based on the reference.

dvdwyn
06-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Where to buy is the question