Does any one use printed pictures as backdrops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbklb

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was wanting to put in some backgrounds or back drops in my detolf. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if they have any advice.

My current setup

029-6.jpg

I like those did you just print them off your computer? Have you ever tried to recreate any scene from a comic or movie using that?

Screenmusings.org has screen caps of movies but that is all i can think of. It is difficult to find good pics of scenes.

I have an acrylic display case for my Jack Sparrow DX. Had already thought about printing either a Caribbean beach scene or some kind of dark eerie background from the black pearl to put on the back of the case.

a youtube channel from some guy called drakstoys shows his collection. He has custom printed backdrops for each shelf. Looks damn amazing! Too bad I'm just too lazy to do the same!! :)

I have the Ikea Besta/Framsta display with the light panels. I tried printing a backdrop on a translucent film to put in front of the light panel. If I could get a hi-res enough source file it might look decent. A lot of work though.

Back