how do i go about re-painting a 1:6 scale weapon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefneh

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
hey, im new to this site...
and new to forums really, dont even know if im in the right place for this question :L
i have looked on the internet to try and get some tips, or dos and donts about re-painting weapons, but found nothing

i have a small 1:6 scale shotgun i need to repaint because its more of a gray then a black and the brown isnt... brown 0.o enough...
and im to much of a perfectionist to let it slide.
i even go as far as banishing things from the detolf cases until they are perfect.
[poor custom nurse jokers on his lemons at the moment]

but yeh anyway... back to the point ramble ramble

any tips on what i could use?
my worry is that because it is plastic that if i use certain things it will seperate like some things do on plastic... and i dont want to lose the detail or anything with to much of a thick paint or somthing...
so i thought i would ask because im not getting anywhere just searching on the internet
and im gunna need to buy something im guessing cus all i have atm, i was so tempted to try, was putting black ink on it. :L

thanks for reading and whatnot B]

Stefanie

I recommend using Vallejo brand paint, the paint is very durable and dries very thin. Then if you want you can spray some acrylic paint sealant, be it matte or gloss.

I recommend using Vallejo brand paint, the paint is very durable and dries very thin. Then if you want you can spray some acrylic paint sealant, be it matte or gloss.

Thanks for the advise, much appreciated
i'll look into that :]

One nice ( and easy) technique to "blue" weapons , is to rub a regular hb pencil on a bit of sandpaper and then use a fingertip to add a small amount of the powder to the high points of the sculpt . This needs to be done on a matt ( grey or black) base coat and then sealed with a clear top coat .:wink1:

Back