• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Craigslist question - Does this sound fishy???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garemlin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wasn't sure exactly where to post this. If wrong section mods feel free to move.

I have part of my collection up for sale on Craigslist. I don't do much dealing on there so I had a question about a reply I got to one of my ads. Does anything about this sound fishy???? Or am I being paranoid???

Hey

That's great, thank you for getting back to me. Though I'll be using
the services of a mover who will come for the pick up of the item on
my behalf all because I'm currently away for a contracting Job but I
will send a Check through my Bank to cover the cost of the items. The check will be delivered to you by a reliable courier company within 2-3 working days. Please do provide me with your full mailing address, and also indicate your final price, the Name that should be on check and finally a cell phone #. Kindly delete the posting because am serious in buying it, when the funds clears then we can arrange for the pick up asap.

I got the same exact response on their a couple weeks ago while putting a listing up for some furniture. No way in hell that legit.

They're sending a moving company to pick up the items?
What the heck did you sell? LOL
As for the courier it sounds like a scam.
Be careful.

They're sending a moving company to pick up the items?
What the heck did you sell? LOL
As for the courier it sounds like a scam.
Be careful.

Haha. Yeah I didn't pay much mind to that. Thought mover was slang for a courier or something.

I know all about the money wiring scams on Craigslist. But my take on this is he wants to mail a check and when the check clears have someone pick it up.

At any rate I replied back cash, postal money or paypal only and never heard a response so I am assuming it was some sort of scam.

i have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale .... very cheap . hell ill even do a trade

I find it funny that you even had to ask ...... :slap

I find it sad that you have nothing better to do with your time then to make such an assinine reply. All I wanted was some opinions from people who deal on Craigslist. Not immature comments like that.

Back