Opinions on Hot Toys T2 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garemlin

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have just recently discovered Hot Toys and really like what they have to offer. Planning on picking up a Jack Sparrow DX and a Dark Knight Joker DX (if I can find one at a decent price). I am also looking to get a T-800. Which leads into my question. For those of you more experienced with the HT line would you say I would be better off pre-ordering the DX or tracking down the older T-800. I have seen positive and negative opinions on both so I am just trying to make the right decision. I can get the DX for $219.99 shipped pre-ordering through SSC. And I have seen the older version for around the same on ebay.

Thoughts???

Go for the DX10.

...also Hot Toys have confirmed they are working on 2nd DX Joker (named DX Joker 2.0 according to signs at a recent convention). I'd wait for that rather than paying a premium for the older one...

The first T-800 is amazing. Some don't see a 100% Arnie likeness in the headsculpt, but with his sunglasses on (galleria or on the Harley look) he looks like a screenshot.

The DX10 isn't out yet and we've seen no in-hand pictures, so I don't know how you can make an informed decision at this stage. If you get the first offering, though, you won't be disappointed.

Go for the DX10.

...also Hot Toys have confirmed they are working on 2nd DX Joker (named DX Joker 2.0 according to signs at a recent convention). I'd wait for that rather than paying a premium for the older one...

Thanks for that tip on the Joker. I wasn't really looking forward to paying $400+ for the first DX. No confirmation on what this one will be??? I really like the first one in the mob meeting pose with the thumb on the grenade string. But if the second one has some good options I may wait. Or maybe a second release will bring down the prices on the first.

I just got the original T2 T-800 Arnie and he's awesome. I pondered the same question myself. Either buy the released one or wait for the DX10. In the end I bought the first release and have no regrets. The sculpt of the DX10 just doesn't look right to me but those are prototype pics. I'm still very happy with my purchase.

Buy the new version and grab the first one's headsculpt and missing accessories. No one really knows how the sculpt or the PERS will turn out on the DX10 at this point, but you can't beat real leather and a new body. Think of it as which one is the better foundation, then get whatever's missing.

I personally like the look of the DX10. There are some unflattering shots of it from Hot Toys' official pics, but shots of the display at the Hot Toys store really made me confident in the sculpt. I don't care for the likeness on the MMS version so I ended up deciding not to pursue it, especially at a markup. I see a lot of people really like the current T-800 too, so in the end you just have to look at the pics and decide which says "Arnold in T2" to you more.

look at both, pick which you like best got the original might pick up the new gun and bag but really dislike the new sculpt big time

Buy the new version and grab the first one's headsculpt and missing accessories. No one really knows how the sculpt or the PERS will turn out on the DX10 at this point, but you can't beat real leather and a new body. Think of it as which one is the better foundation, then get whatever's missing.

Ehhh yeah I think I'd agree with this. Only problem is the headsculpt from MMS117 probably won't be cheap to buy seperate. Accessories-wise though all you're missing if you choose the DX10 is a black t-shirt, the rosebox and the endoskeleton arm. And since so many people who bought the MMS117 have sought to create the Cyberdyne look as depicted by DX10 you might feel yourself likewise inclined....so just go for the DX10 right from the off.

I will say that this is a good question, the first release in my opinion is a more soild figure with a great sculpt but lite on accessiores while the dx10 is better from what I can tell in every way except the sculpt, I say this with only seeing the proto pics so in hand could be another story. Its just that the dx10 may suffer from to much going on in one head with the pers, the back hatch opening and the chip removal gimmics. I don't think anyone was dissapointed with the first release so you can't go wrong but the better value at this point is the dx10 if you have the will power to wait til october-november.

Thanks for the opinions. I have looked at both side by side many times. I even asked my wife's opinion. We both think the new sculpt looks a little better. Nothing wrong with the older version. I think they both look great. But as everyone says it is a prototype. No one knows the final result. I think it all comes down to price right now. The lowest I have seen the older version go for lately is $212 shipped. But the prices seem to hover around the $250+ mark.

On a related note for those who took notice. How did the Jack Sparrow DX final release compare to the prototype pics??? Or any other recent DX releases for that matter.

I have just recently discovered Hot Toys and really like what they have to offer. Planning on picking up a Jack Sparrow DX and a Dark Knight Joker DX (if I can find one at a decent price). I am also looking to get a T-800. Which leads into my question. For those of you more experienced with the HT line would you say I would be better off pre-ordering the DX or tracking down the older T-800. I have seen positive and negative opinions on both so I am just trying to make the right decision. I can get the DX for $219.99 shipped pre-ordering through SSC. And I have seen the older version for around the same on ebay.

Thoughts???

wait the low price and buy the mms for cheap...
then if you want buy a spare head dx 10, and buy the coomodel weapon..

Back