how to dye T-1000 jacket?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbawsmcgraw

Super Freak
Reaction score
looking for help on what dye to use for a T-1000 jacket? as the jacket is a nlon material i am unsure as what dye to use. any help what be mightily appreciated

They make dies for synthetics but it will only get darker. You may be able to tint it but if your looking to change the color you will need to strip it first and re dye. I would experiment first.

The color and material means there is no way you can dye that jacket. The only way you can change the color is by painting it with acrylic paint which works better than you might think.

thanks for the feedback guys. i also heard of fabric pens and rit dye. do you know if those would work? if not ill try the acrylic

Neither will work, fabric pens or RIT, dylon etc. as it's a synthetic material it won't take.

Pretty much only acrylic however it will then become rigid and stiff and you won't retain the same material quality as it is now.

Unfortunately there's no way to chamge the color on this one.

As long as the paint isn't caked on, it shouldn't get too stiff. What color would you like the jacket to be? You might be better off finding another jacket in a lighter color because going from black to anything else, even with paint, might be more trouble than it's worth.

Back