Hot Toys updates on various figures 04/30/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know each of these will eventually be discussed in their own threads, but maybe this will help people find all the answers...

HK Figure Club interviewed Howard Chan recently. Here are the highlights of the interview :

-Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers.
-Hulk is in progress, the body will not be fully Rubber.
-Black Widow will have a new body and hair are sculpted.
-Loki suit will be the one of The Avengers, the Thor Suit Version was canceled.
-Captain America Golden Age Version is still scheduled.
-Tony Stark Race Suit Version and Whiplash Armor Version have been set aside because of an overloaded schedule.
-The X-Men First Class range is almost complete, it will be announced soon.
-The license Green Lantern was canceled.
-The licences of Iron Man 3, Superman Man Of Steel and Wolverine will be exploited.
-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.
-Rambo or Rocky should be a DX but are not yet in production.

Translation by Vendrell Htc from HK Figure Club interview.
Please, understand that is an approximate translation from chinese language, thanks.

Pretty piss poor list of updates, we know all the Avengers are coming anyway, what a waste, would've been better to update on projects whose futures are unknown like Avatar, Sucker Punch, Tron, Expendables ect...

Canceling Green Lantern without oroducing even one figure is a very bad prescedence, from now on all announcements mean squat, doesn't mean figures will be made and will just be done to get their customers hopes up for no reason.

I, for one, am actually kind of bummed about the Rocky and Rambo DX news.

my mental letter to Hot Toys said:
MMS only for licenses I care about, HT. They are too important to have likenesses suffer for your lame googly eyes gimmick. Thanks for listening.

Damn it!
They can make a million Ironmans and Batmans but not one GreenLantern?
Losers.
...and screw Anakin.

Very cool news...
I was expecting 7 or 8 figures from The Avengers, I was wondering when the X-Men FC figures would be announced...There was no doubt in my mind that IM3, Superman, Wolverine would bombard us with more figs..They forgot to mention TDKR and Amazing Spiderman.
I will take any Star Wars figures...EP II character? I really would only want Jango or Mace, but I won't complain, just as it looks good.
I hope for a Rambo DX over Rocky, but I'll take it.
As for GL, eff it the movie wasn't that good, but I guess it sucks not getting a Reynolds' Hal Jordan.

Pretty piss poor list of updates, we know all the Avengers are coming anyway, what a waste, would've been better to update on projects whose futures are unknown like Avatar, Sucker Punch, Tron, Expendables ect...

Canceling Green Lantern without oroducing even one figure is a very bad prescedence, from now on all announcements mean squat, doesn't mean figures will be made and will just be done to get their customers hopes up for no reason.

It's a new era for HT. They've got their varsity letters and won't be caught dead eating lunch with no pencil-necked franchises.

Damn it!
They can make a million Ironmans and Batmans but not one GreenLantern?
Losers..

:exactly:

HT have so little variety, and their plans involve more of the same old crap they've been doing for yeasr

They've made it so much easier to afford ThreeA and Sideshow

It's a new era for HT. They've got their varsity letters and won't be caught dead eating lunch with no pencil-necked franchises.

And what about when they get boring and people have most of them already and are sick of getting the same characters?

I can't speak for everyone but i'm sick to death of Iron Man, and i have a bunch of figures, so i'm spending my money on NEW characters and new franchises, which are getting few and far between :lecture

"Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers until those figures sell out only to release improved versions of each and every character with all the features of the original figures, rendering those figures outdated"

...and screw Anakin.
Hear hear!

KaneClap.gif

And what about when they get boring and people have most of them already and are sick of getting the same characters?

I can't speak for everyone but i'm sick to death of Iron Man, and i have a bunch of figures, so i'm spending my money on NEW characters and new franchises, which are getting few and far between :lecture

Then the customers will cheat on them with the milkman(Enterbay):naughty

I don't know...

Note to 1:6 industry: Need more competition please!

How long will it take for these High School supertstars to become overweight and hate their wife and kids? :rotfl

3A is starting to look like a genuine option for geek licenses. Then there's Enterbay. But Medicom doesn't really produce high end quality products IMO, and Sideshow only does Star Wars and GI Joe. There really aren't many options for fans of geek properties.

How long will it take for these High School supertstars to become overweight and hate their wife and kids? :rotfl

Well, they have been slapping us around quite a bit lately. But if they did it, it was only because they loved us.:panic:

Back