New Star Wars Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revan1322

Freakzoid
Reaction score
read this one facebook anyone know about this?

HK Figure Club interviewed Howard Chan recently. Here are the highlights of the interview :

-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.

Nice to know Han will be out sooner than later.

Betting the Episode II character is Arena Padme. Hot Toys is only gonna do humans -- she's the missing link from Sideshow.

...The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.

That's great news, thanks for posting this. Great to get confirmation on Han (don't care about Anakin or Ep II character). Hope it's the Bespin version and that they decide to skip the PERS. Really, really hope someone finally nails Solo in 1:6 form. :panic: :pray: :panic:

Awesome. Was hoping for Obi-Wan but still great news.

Yeah, would've liked an Ep IV Obi-Wan, but I'm sure they'll get to it sooner or later.

...I know Sideshow said they're doing Dooku, but maybe it will be in conjunction with HT? :pray:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering (whether they're referring to Dooku, even though it sounded like in a previous interview that Sideshow was working on him already). Would Padme sell enough to make it worth HT's time? Really have no idea of what demand is like for her character, so just curious. Hopefully we'll know everything by SDCC.

I am excited to see more Hot Toys Star wars figures, I think they are going to do a great job!

Yep, me too. Their work is generally second to none, so they're definitely our best option for delivering a good likeness.

I wouldn't mind Padme, but I would prefer Dooku from HT rather than SS.

Me too, but suspect the guess that it's Padme is probably correct as she is a pretty huge gap figure-wise from the PT.

han???? Yesssssssss!!!!!

Yep, looking forward to your updated Cantina scenes with HT Han already! Not to mention putting him in my own humble Chalmun's Cantina set at some point! :hi5:

Anakin and Han?

So Ep II character will be for next year?

Not interested in any of those characters really, certainly not Anakin. A good Han Solo would be nice but after the Indy figure I'm gunshy about Ford likeness from anyone at HT.

I don't really want to believe this anyway. I still say Darth Maul is coming. What the hell does Howard know? :D

...A good Han Solo would be nice but after the Indy figure I'm gunshy about Ford likeness from anyone at HT...

That's why I'm hoping they skip PERS. The Indy sculpt looked pretty good to me otherwise. Either they need to rework the sculpt so the eyes don't appear so deep-set or junk the PERS, I think.

Anakin and Han?

So Ep II character will be for next year?

Not interested in any of those characters really, certainly not Anakin. A good Han Solo would be nice but after the Indy figure I'm gunshy about Ford likeness from anyone at HT.

I don't really want to believe this anyway. I still say Darth Maul is coming. What the hell does Howard know? :D

My thoughts exactly.

Still, it would be great to get a HT level (hopefully Bespin) Han.

No real interest in Anakin either.

As far as the Episode II figure being Padme, didn't they all say that HT would only do figures Sideshow has already done? And no, I don't think Snowbunny Padme counts.

I think ALL Star Wars from HT will be PERS. They are going to milk as much money as they can.

Hope Anakin turns out nice. Luke looks like crap, and if they are going the route of Han as they did Indy, NO THANKS!

Here's hoping its a redo of the Bespin Han Solo.

The SSC ANH one isn't that bad, especially the costume.

Back