PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars Hot Toys?

Pages : [1] 2

Revan1322
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
read this one facebook anyone know about this?

HK Figure Club interviewed Howard Chan recently. Here are the highlights of the interview :

-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.

pixletwin
04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Ok. :dunno

Johnny Utah
04-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Awesome. Was hoping for Obi-Wan but still great news.

meanstreak
04-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Nice to know Han will be out sooner than later.

Betting the Episode II character is Arena Padme. Hot Toys is only gonna do humans -- she's the missing link from Sideshow.

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 11:31 AM
...The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.

That's great news, thanks for posting this. Great to get confirmation on Han (don't care about Anakin or Ep II character). Hope it's the Bespin version and that they decide to skip the PERS. Really, really hope someone finally nails Solo in 1:6 form. :panic: :pray: :panic:

Awesome. Was hoping for Obi-Wan but still great news.

Yeah, would've liked an Ep IV Obi-Wan, but I'm sure they'll get to it sooner or later.

Kuzeh
04-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Wohooo!!!
I'm in for both Anakin and Solo,
I know Sideshow said they're doing Dooku, but maybe it will be in conjunction with HT? :pray:

Revan1322
04-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I am excited to see more Hot Toys Star wars figures, I think they are going to do a great job!

hunnipot85
04-30-2012, 11:39 AM
I hope the Ep II figure is Padme.. :pray:

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 11:40 AM
...I know Sideshow said they're doing Dooku, but maybe it will be in conjunction with HT? :pray:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering (whether they're referring to Dooku, even though it sounded like in a previous interview that Sideshow was working on him already). Would Padme sell enough to make it worth HT's time? Really have no idea of what demand is like for her character, so just curious. Hopefully we'll know everything by SDCC.

I am excited to see more Hot Toys Star wars figures, I think they are going to do a great job!

Yep, me too. Their work is generally second to none, so they're definitely our best option for delivering a good likeness.

pixletwin
04-30-2012, 11:41 AM

I wouldn't mind Padme, but I would prefer Dooku from HT rather than SS.

Revan1322
04-30-2012, 11:41 AM

I have a feeling its going to be a padme :)

feroze13
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM
han???? Padme???? Yesssssssss!!!!!

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Me too, but suspect the guess that it's Padme is probably correct as she is a pretty huge gap figure-wise from the PT.

han???? Yesssssssss!!!!!

Yep, looking forward to your updated Cantina scenes with HT Han already! Not to mention putting him in my own humble Chalmun's Cantina set at some point! :hi5:

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Anakin and Han?

So Ep II character will be for next year?

Not interested in any of those characters really, certainly not Anakin. A good Han Solo would be nice but after the Indy figure I'm gunshy about Ford likeness from anyone at HT.

I don't really want to believe this anyway. I still say Darth Maul is coming. What the hell does Howard know? :D

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
...A good Han Solo would be nice but after the Indy figure I'm gunshy about Ford likeness from anyone at HT...

That's why I'm hoping they skip PERS. The Indy sculpt looked pretty good to me otherwise. Either they need to rework the sculpt so the eyes don't appear so deep-set or junk the PERS, I think.

Mad Old Lu
04-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Anakin and Han?

So Ep II character will be for next year?

Not interested in any of those characters really, certainly not Anakin. A good Han Solo would be nice but after the Indy figure I'm gunshy about Ford likeness from anyone at HT.

I don't really want to believe this anyway. I still say Darth Maul is coming. What the hell does Howard know? :D

My thoughts exactly.

Still, it would be great to get a HT level (hopefully Bespin) Han.

No real interest in Anakin either.

As far as the Episode II figure being Padme, didn't they all say that HT would only do figures Sideshow has already done? And no, I don't think Snowbunny Padme counts.

banthafett
04-30-2012, 11:55 AM
I think ALL Star Wars from HT will be PERS. They are going to milk as much money as they can.

Hope Anakin turns out nice. Luke looks like crap, and if they are going the route of Han as they did Indy, NO THANKS!

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Other than X-Men, this is the only good news from that POS update

Darth Mitchell
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I think the EP II figure will be Dooku. Why would they make Padme? Dooku is a much interesting character :lecture

ProgMatinee
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Here's hoping its a redo of the Bespin Han Solo.

The SSC ANH one isn't that bad, especially the costume.

Mad Old Lu
04-30-2012, 12:02 PM
So you guys think both Anakin AND Han will be shown at SDCC this year?

banthafett
04-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Here's hoping its a redo of the Bespin Han Solo.

The SSC ANH one isn't that bad, especially the costume.

If HT pulls Han off, youre SSC ANH will stick out like a sore thumb, with SSC awful paint.

cokebabies
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
About time we got a 1/6 Daniel Logan! :yess:

Khev
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
So ROTS Anakin (please no DX Jake Lloyd :lol) this year, Han in 2013, Arena Padme in 2014?

I'll be sure to mark my calendar. :monkey1

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Hope Anakin turns out nice.

PERS Sith eyes would look pretty cool... just don't care for Anakin much.

That's why PERS Maul eyes would look better!

Anyway, the news/update sounds less promising than I was hoping for when I heard HT got to share the license. Not sure what I was expecting but I did have hope that HT would tackle some of the key characters that SS has overlooked for the last 7 years.

Khev
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
For Han I also hope its the Bespin version, though SSC's figure is somewhat burned into my brain so its hard to picture what a "cool" Bespin Han would even look like as a toy anymore. :lol

I imagine it'll be somewhere between this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DnvBrhiS3sU/RazktwCGGFI/AAAAAAAAAHY/NRQ1aSaAvk8/s1600/IMG_8556.jpg

and this:

http://d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net/upload/145281013_WmZef44Q_c.jpg

:D

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 12:22 PM
God, 2006 was a long time ago. :lol

'course that particular figure always sucked.

Misterscruff
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
For me they can forget Anakin and skip straight to Han...as long as the likeness is better than Arnie Kim's woeful effort with Indy. The only Prequel characters I'd pay HT prices for are Padme and Obi Wan.

ProgMatinee
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
If HT pulls Han off, youre SSC ANH will stick out like a sore thumb, with SSC awful paint.

That can be said about any SSC figure vs HT, so what's your point?

SSC ANH Han >>>>>>>> SSC Bespin Han, therefore Bespin Han should be redone first.

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Clearly for the price ($250-$300+) they are only going to make MAJOR characters.

But if they are truly stuck doing only human characters, that means after Han all you're gonna see is retreads of Luke, Leia, Lando, Kenobi, Anakin, Padme... and maybe a Dooku or Maul once a year. In fact, that list right there covers HT for the next three years.

greygoose
04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Thought it was going to be Chewie?

pixletwin
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM

Chewie is not a human character, so I'm not sure why so many people were hoping from him.

The Mike
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Anakin will most likely be from ROTS, semi interested but not really full jazzed about it.

Hopefully Han will be the Bespin version or at least from ESB. I'd hate for them to pick and choose from random movies so we get an ANH Han but an ESB Luke and nothing matching up.

Character from Episode II, I'm guessing it'll be a Mace Windu, it's a character that SSC has already done so it won't conflict, HT seems to love Samuel L. Jackson and it'll be able to coexist with any of the future prequel offerings.

nexus
04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Good news on the Star Wars. Han and Anakin will definitely be must buys and hopefully the Ep II character is Arena Padme. Hopefully this line will pick up steam. HT for human(oids), SS for aliens, droids and troopers.

ProgMatinee
04-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I have to admit to not following HTSW closely, but are we assuming SSC is only allowing them human characters and those already made or has it been published by SSC or HT or what?

Also, isn't Bespin Luke expensive because they are selling 2 figures in 1. I think they'll hover around $175-180 for most.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Hoping for Hoth Han and for Anakin to have two heads like Jack Sparrow, one with good eyes and the other with sith eyes

Gipetto0812
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Both Anakin and Han are BOUGHT! hopefully the episode 2 character is Padme :pray:

banthafett
04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Hoping for Hoth Han and for Anakin to have two heads like Jack Sparrow, one with good eyes and the other with sith eyes

I hope Anakin comes with two full figures.

JonEl
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
both instant-buys for me, would hope for Bespin Han and a ep3 anakin with both sith and jedi versions, episode 2 figure i hope is padme because i'd rather kenobi from 3 than 2, but would still buy any as long as it looks good

Johnny Utah
04-30-2012, 01:20 PM
I'd really go for an Ep 2 Mace too. Really underrated film.

hunnipot85
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Padme needs to come... who would really spend more than $250 for Dooku?

The only characters HT will probably make are: Luke, Han, Leia, Anakin, Padme, Obi Wan and Darth Maul tbh... (assuming they are only doing human like figures and not droids, bounty hunters, etc.)

RyanSD
04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Anakin will most likely be from ROTS, semi interested but not really full jazzed about it.

Hopefully Han will be the Bespin version or at least from ESB. I'd hate for them to pick and choose from random movies so we get an ANH Han but an ESB Luke and nothing matching up.

Character from Episode II, I'm guessing it'll be a Mace Windu, it's a character that SSC has already done so it won't conflict, HT seems to love Samuel L. Jackson and it'll be able to coexist with any of the future prequel offerings.

I'm guessing it'll be Mace. I don't think it'll be Padme. I hope its Mace.

Still, really looking forward to Han, hopefully its Bespin with all the fixin's. Ani I couldn't care less about.

JonEl
04-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Padme needs to come... who would really spend more than $250 for Dooku?

The only characters HT will probably make are: Luke, Han, Leia, Anakin, Padme, Obi Wan and Darth Maul tbh... (assuming they are only doing human like figures and not droids, bounty hunters, etc.)

why would dooku be 250? luke is 250 but is really a 2pack, so say the figure is more than one luke we might ask who would pay 150 for dooku, and i believe the answer is many would

JonEl
04-30-2012, 01:24 PM
i really hope its not mace, i can't stand him. He is the reason anakin falls to the dark side, ITS ALL HIS FAULT!...so yeah, i'd pass on mace

steven.giunta
04-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Can't wait for anakin.a dx would be great,similar 2 the luke dx.2 bodies 2 outfits and 2 heads.anakin and battle at mustafar anakin with a lava droied base.I really don't care for han.maybe a mace windu from episode 2.

pixletwin
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
I hope Anakin comes with two full figures.

Yeah. Regular (with normal hair) and crisped up battle damage version (with sith eyes and roughed up hair).

FLOSI
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
I want Han... End of story.

akbakb
04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Cant wait to see Han (hope he is not an indi head on a Han body). Anakin and other ep2 character I dont care about.

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 01:29 PM
...I really don't care for han...

:mad:

I remember reading a Hot Toys interview with SSC from a while back and they said while they know everyone wants one they have no idea how to produce it. Everything they've tried has been riddled with problems. Think it'll be a long time before we see ol' Chewie.

Cant wait to see Han (hope he is not an indi head on a Han body)...

Can't imagine HT would even try that. For one thing, ESB Ford looks substantially different from Indy Ford plus this should be an opportunity for them to get the sculp right, considering how much criticism they have received on their initial effort.

hunnipot85
04-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Cant wait to see Han (hope he is not an indi head on a Han body). Anakin and other ep2 character I dont care about.

they won't do that - they know people were ____ talking and hated the Indy head.

rushmore223
04-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Can't wait for anakin.a dx would be great,similar 2 the luke dx.2 bodies 2 outfits and 2 heads.anakin and battle at mustafar anakin with a lava droied base.I really don't care for han.maybe a mace windu from episode 2.

I understand there is a whole generation who grew up with the prequel trilogy, much the way I grew up with the OT, but it is still very hard for me to get my head around somebody actually preferring the PT over the OT.

hunnipot85
04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
I really don't care for han.maybe a mace windu from episode 2.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/hunnipot85/thnoU.gif

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Hunnipot is getting spicy today.

hunnipot85
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Hunnipot is getting spicy today.

:lol you love it. :love

;)

Glennfett
04-30-2012, 01:53 PM
I would take both Mace or Padme.Win/Win!!!

SW is 4 Eva so they can bring out whatever from the movies...i want it ALL.
a 2 in 1 Padme from EP 2 would be very sweet..a formal costume and the Arena costume...or just a Arena costume and a battle damaged costume with all the midriff tears etc etc.
I was hoping they would do the TPM Queen costume...that is really beautiful and would go well with the current Battle Droids.

FLOSI
04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/hunnipot85/thnoU.gif

Why the hell do I find her to be so sexy? :(

ZaCHw117
04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Han will look awesome next to SS Boba. I think I entered dangerous territory picking that guy up.

Johnny Utah
04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
I forgot I had the Fett PO'd. When's he due again?

Cap'n Cook
04-30-2012, 02:44 PM

I do too. :(

Yay for Han!

MarfMaster
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Han was the only thing from that interview that got me excited (besides XM:FC - mildly), but I'm really excited :rock Would be awesome if they gave us a two figure (ANH/ESB) release in the same vein as Luke :pray:

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM

I do too. :(

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/Wor-Gar/Christina_Aguilera_slut.gif

Darth Snoopy
04-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Hot Toys Han Solo! :woo

Oooooo...Christina was a dirty, dirty girl back in the day! :drool

THX-182
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Would be awesome if they gave us a two figure (ANH/ESB) release in the same vein as Luke :pray:

I was thinking that may be the case as well. I wonder if they'll make this the norm for the Star Wars figures? Give us a two for one deal like Luke. Someone mentioned a Jedi Anakin and Sith Anakin from EPIII which sounds great to me so they could do an ANH Han with ESB Han.

FLOSI
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM

I like it! :monkey1

The Mike
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
why would dooku be 250? luke is 250 but is really a 2pack, so say the figure is more than one luke we might ask who would pay 150 for dooku, and i believe the answer is many would

HT has already said that all Star Wars figures would be DXs which is where a ton of the jokes about Vader started filling in. Given how the prices have been running I would assume that Ani would be higher, Han even higher and by the time they hit an Episode II figure it'd be around $250 for DX figures.

they won't do that - they know people were ____ talking and hated the Indy head.

Oh yeah, Han was announced and/or pushed up I'm sure to get over that. They want another shot at Ford's likeness. I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't another Indy DX announced at some point too.

Khev
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
ROTS Anakin was always SSC's biggest letdown in my eyes (I was really looking forward to that figure back in 06/07 and just wasn't happy with the end result) and he'd be a perfect candidate for the DX Luke double figure clean/BD treatment.

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
and he'd be a perfect candidate for the DX Luke double figure clean/BD treatment.

Or "Good" and "Sith" versions of Anakin.

Khev
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Yep!

OSCORP
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Anakin before Han?

FINE!

Cap'n Cook
04-30-2012, 03:39 PM

:drool

mojo customz
04-30-2012, 03:44 PM

forget star wars, lets get a dx christina

RIDDICK
04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Wohooo!!! I'm in for both Anakin and Solo

ROTS Anakin was always SSC's biggest letdown in my eyes and he'd be a perfect candidate for the DX double figure clean/BD treatment.
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/133728_o.gif

Khev
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
You guys are into Aguleira? Really?

I think she looks like a blond Snookie. Ick.

tommyh84
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Was hoping for Darth Vadar, makes my decision on whether to get Luke or not easier though

darthviper107
04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Was hoping for Darth Vadar, makes my decision on whether to get Luke or not easier though

Sideshow is making a new Vader

Biojex
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Anakin :yess:

Smudger9
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Difficult to gauge the timeline for those releases. Reads as though we'll get Han and Anakin next year. 2 per year would be ideal. Definitely getting Han. Anakin might pull me back into PT collecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darkseed
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Anakin :yess:

:exactly: ROTS.......

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Han was the only thing from that interview that got me excited (besides XM:FC - mildly), but I'm really excited. :rock Would be awesome if they gave us a two figure (ANH/ESB) release in the same vein as Luke. :pray:
I was thinking that may be the case as well. I wonder if they'll make this the norm for the Star Wars figures? Give us a two for one deal like Luke. Someone mentioned a Jedi Anakin and Sith Anakin from EPIII which sounds great to me so they could do an ANH Han with ESB Han.

Damn, I was having just this thought on my walk home from work, today. Would love a ANH/Bespin Han two pack. :pray:

Only other two pack Han that was mentioned in another thread that would be really cool would be Bespin Han with Han in Carbonite, but I think Hot Toys could actually save the Carbonite version for another release and still keep everyone happy. Am really hoping that prop is re-released in 1:6 version with lights, etc.

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
ANH/ESB 2-pack?

You guys are overlooking the obvious: HT DX Han Solo - Bespin/Hoth outfits two-pack!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I'd still rather have a hip-gyrating Christina now.

Darkseed
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
ANH/ESB 2-pack?

You guys are overlooking the obvious: HT DX Han Solo - Bespin/Hoth outfits two-pack!

Awwww yeah.................

Uncanny Web-Slinger
04-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Hot Toys Han Solo! :woo

Oooooo...Christina was a dirty, dirty girl back in the day! :drool

Saying that was back in the day makes me feel old :monkey2

Alainator
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM
I am so excited that HT is going to make Anakin! Hopefully comes with a switch out sith head. SS's anakin sucks! HAve been hoping HT to make Anakin so I can get rid of SS's.

Ryanfromindiana
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

Invictus Sol
04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
ANH/ESB 2-pack?

I'd still rather have a hip-gyrating Christina now.

I didn't neglect to mention it, it's just one of the versions of Han I sadly have no interest in. Despite that, I think a Hoth Han/Bespin Han is more likely than a ANH/Bespin Han. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, though. Would be nice to be able to display ANH Han in a Cantina setting and Bespin Han elsewhere.

Mad Old Lu
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I would LOVE a Bespin/Hoth Han! Although I'm doubtful it will happen since HT and Sideshow specifically said that HT would only do figures Sideshow already did. But I can't really think of any other ESB Han 2-pack combo that would make sense. ANH/Bespin 2 pack seems like a stretch because they would literally be 2 completely different figures, as opposed to HT's Bespin Luke.

But I really look forward to a HT Han. I think HT did a spectacular job on Luke and I can't wait to see what they do with Han! I'm really hoping their bad Indy was just an anomaly.

Darth Snoopy
04-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Saying that was back in the day makes me feel old :monkey2

Sorry about that, Gramps. http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/Darth_Snoopy/Smilies/geezer.gif

:monkey3 :nana:

moose
04-30-2012, 06:54 PM
correct me If I am wrong I thought based on the vote by hot toys chewy was the winner as the next hot toys figure

ZaCHw117
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I forgot I had the Fett PO'd. When's he due again?

June, hopefully :lol

aaronViolator
04-30-2012, 07:12 PM
I dont care what they do, just do it right.....that includes christina aguilera lol

ShadowX81
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
My guess is that we are going to get a Bespin Han that is justified as a DX by coming with a Han in Carbonite accessory.

OSCORP
04-30-2012, 07:50 PM
You might be right!

The_Darkness_Predator
04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Is this the possible Hot Toys Padme you are looking for?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100808194113/uncyclopedia/images/c/c7/Padme3.jpg

toystales
04-30-2012, 09:35 PM
I hope Hot Toys will release more human characters from both the OT and PT.

Wor-Gar
04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Is it true that HT can only make what SS has made before?

And they are limited to human characters?

This kind of sucks.

OSCORP
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM

This kind of sucks.

I dunno if it was written in stone, but the rumor is they have an agreement. But seeing as how most SS SW figs are mediocre at best (especially 2006-2009) it's fine by me.

hunnipot85
04-30-2012, 11:10 PM
My guess is that we are going to get a Bespin Han that is justified as a DX by coming with a Han in Carbonite accessory.

I could totally see them doing that.

EVILFACE
04-30-2012, 11:23 PM
If SS Anakin and their Solo figures were worthless before, can they be worth even less now????

This kind of sucks.

Why would Sideshow let Hot Toys make figure they haven't yet?

kl241
04-30-2012, 11:28 PM
I'd rather have a DX Han Hoth/Bespin 2-in-1

kaponokeona
05-01-2012, 12:00 AM
I'd rather have a DX Han Hoth/Bespin 2-in-1

That would be awesome, but keep in mind that they would want to milk the figure as much as possible. So I think if Han were a DX we would probably get a Bespin Han with a carbonite Han.

Johnny Utah
05-01-2012, 12:05 AM
I can totally see that setup. Han in carbonite is so iconic to me, it just screams Star Wars.

kaponokeona
05-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I can totally see that setup. Han in carbonite is so iconic to me, it just screams Star Wars.

But wouldn't it suck if it was only a SS exclusive? :slap

EXOTICLEX
05-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Did SS make a BD Bespin Luke?

SideshoMel
05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Will they DX these Star Wars figures too?

kl241
05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Did SS make a BD Bespin Luke?

Nope. They didn't.

devilof76
05-01-2012, 12:58 AM
I'd rather get a Tatooine/Bespin Han set, followed later by a Tatooine/ROTJ Luke. Cover the waterfront as fast as possible. They can do ANH/Hoth Leia as a set and the main heroes could be completed in a few years.

I have faith that SSC could do Hoth Han & Luke. I don't care who does them, but if I got them without PERS, I'd be very happy.

mfoga
05-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Why would Sideshow let Hot Toys make figure they haven't yet?
Get logic out of this thread.:lol

Mad Old Lu
05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
It would be great if it was the Bespin Han/Carbonite Han combo since I missed out on Sideshow's Carbonite Han. But it would be a little bit of a let-down since the Luke DX gets you two full figures, bodies and all.

I'm gonna go all out and hope it's a Bespin/Hoth Han plus the Carbonite Han! The Carbonite Han will be the equivalent of the weather vane for Luke.

FLOSI
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Hoth/Bespin combo sounds good to me..... SS can profit from this in many ways. Got Tauntaun?

devilof76
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
How about a Han/Luke Hoth set?

If they did a ROTS Obi-wan set with a Mustafar battle version to match a ROTS Anakin Jedi/Sith set, I'd be interested in prequel figures. I'd also take an AOTC Kenobi/Skywalker set (and if they did I'd want HT to make Dooku). Then a Qui-gon/Obi-wan set with Maul.

FLOSI
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Anakin v. Obi Wan set would be something I would consider... and you know my strict no PT rule.

devilof76
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
That damn Unleashed set dragged me 13 figures into that line, and I won't say how much I paid for Yoda or Mace Windu.

:acme

No way I could resist a Hot Toys set.

Invictus Sol
05-01-2012, 10:14 AM
It would be great if it was the Bespin Han/Carbonite Han combo since I missed out on Sideshow's Carbonite Han. But it would be a little bit of a let-down since the Luke DX gets you two full figures, bodies and all.

I'm gonna go all out and hope it's a Bespin/Hoth Han plus the Carbonite Han! The Carbonite Han will be the equivalent of the weather vane for Luke.

An updated Han in Carbonite with lights is way more involved than the weather vane prop. SSC's original was $200.00 (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2177&ref=learnmore_2177) when it came out years ago. I think it'd be better as a standalone HT release. Hopefully it's already on their schedule at some point as I imagine there's quite a few others like us that missed out on the first one.

Mad Old Lu
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Sideshow's included the wall which was fairly sizeable. So if you take that out of the equation, I think just the carbonite slab and the weather vane can kinda be considered the same. I'll give you that the Carbonite requires another unique Han sculpt, though.

rushmore223
05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
An updated Han in Carbonite with lights is way more involved than the weather vane prop. SSC's original was $200.00 (https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2177&ref=learnmore_2177) when it came out years ago. I think it'd be better as a standalone HT release. Hopefully it's already on their schedule at some point as I imagine there's quite a few others like us that missed out on the first one.

The Fertility Idol Pedestal was also quite expensive (not to mention it required you to purchase Belloq) but HT managed to include one with the Indiana Jones DX figure.

Admittedly, SS' was better though.

I could easily see a Bespin Han with Carbonite block included together for $300.00.

Or....

This is a long shot....

The extra could be the cloud city torture rack.

Invictus Sol
05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Sideshow's included the wall which was fairly sizeable. So if you take that out of the equation, I think just the carbonite slab and the weather vane can kinda be considered the same. I'll give you that the Carbonite requires another unique Han sculpt, though.

Think you're underestimating the complexity of re-issuing the slab (ideally I'd like it to be a 1:6 version of SSC's just released PF with the same lighting options), personally, but we'll see what they do. Given it's a sure hit with collectors, I'd be really surprised if HT doesn't have plans to re-issue it at some point.

Or....

This is a long shot....

The extra could be the cloud city torture rack.

Hadn't thought of that. That would be a pretty cool pack-in and wouldn't require the same amount of detail that Han in carbonite would, I'm thinking.

The Josh
05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
HT Anakin would be a must buy for me. So I'm glad he's going to be on the horizon soon.

joshh
05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
No offense but I believe any HT figure that is not a trooper would have a higher sculpt and better detals than all the current 1/6 released by Sideshow. I mean look at this Luke and compare with almost all the other Sideshow figures that have come out in 1/6 and that are not troopers.
The best that sideshow have given us in this format -in my opinion- are the troopers. I hope sideshow can step it up and deliver an actual accurate, good quality spot on figure that doesnt wear a helmet, if you know what I mean and make the outfits a little bit more stylish. Oterhwise Im happy with buying HT jedi/sith and Sideshow Mandalorians (helmets) and troopers. lol.

The Josh
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Hey ^^^^^^. You spelled my name wrong. :lol

Shropt
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
When will Hot Toys start making clone commanders?

The Josh
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Why would they? I mean they might in the future but Sideshow's are gonna be pretty damn hard to beat IMO.

joshh
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Hopefully NEVER! dont want to have sideshow and HT versions of the same lol.

RIDDICK
05-01-2012, 12:15 PM

:sancho....

Bo Shrek
05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Han Solo would be nice but his costume design would be very simple for a $220 price tag.

I like the combination of realistic head sculpt and the complexities of costume tailoring (ie. Jack Sparrow, 89 Joker, Sweeny Todd etc)

Note: I am not putting down a Han Solo........

Bo Shrek
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I think EP 3 Anakin would translate very well to a DX.

Imagine a facial expression of Anakin on the platform on Mustafar before he and Obi Wan go too town!!!

Prime Clone
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Since Hot Toys do Sideshow's armored figures anyway, I doubt we'll see any under the Hot Toys brand.

Regarding Han, he's one character you'd be able to do all his incarnations in a DX version - just throw in Ep V jacket and Ep VI trenchcoat.

I'd still like to see an Ep IV Luke with farmboy/X-wing/Rebel outfits (and maybe Stormtrooper armor too!)

devilof76
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Hot Toys doesn't do Sideshow's armored figures.

The Josh
05-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Hot Toys doesn't do Sideshow's armored figures.

Yup! They helped with the body but that's it.

Darkarn009
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Do you think they will release future releases with two figures like Luke?

Prime Clone
05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Yup! They helped with the body but that's it.

Sorry, that's kinda what I meant. The HT logo appears on the boxes so they're already associated with the figures.

The Josh
05-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Well, in that instance then you'd be correct. :duff

Prime Clone
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Do you think they will release future releases with two figures like Luke?

Maybe if one is a carbonite block ...

Still, it'd be fun to have a "pop-out" Han like in the Power of the Force figures!

Uncanny Web-Slinger
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM

I don't have a desire to pay $215 for Clone Commanders. But hey, different strokes and all that :monkey3

SithThundercracker
05-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Good for Han, better for Anakin.
I just hope EpII character in NOT Padme. Dooku would be my first choice.

Darth Snoopy
05-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Just give me ANH or ESB Han and I'll be happy. :D

Johnny Utah
05-02-2012, 03:45 AM
Either Dooku, Mace or Obi-Wan is good for me.

shocktrooper_au
05-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Most of SSC's troopers would be hard to beat, a nice Han or Chewie maybe, I can't imagine me buying a DX Maul or Palps, a DX Anakin & Obi-Wan possibly if they had switch out portraits but then I'm not convinced....Really I don't see that many opportunities in the SW line which SSC can't offer

sithlord13
05-02-2012, 04:46 AM
hot toys anakin yes please

hot toys han solo ANH please
bespin? possibly if the sculpt is spot on
aotc padme im be in for that
dooku yeah why not

love hot toys paint work but ssc have raised their game

hrambo001
05-02-2012, 05:06 AM
I'm figuring the EP II fig might be Mace Windu. HT seems to have the Sam Jackson sculpt down!

The one figure i'm keeping my hopes up for is a HT Darth Maul!!

Kuzeh
05-02-2012, 06:56 AM
OK, in the interview HT already confirmed the rumor that they can only make figures Sideshow has already done, so that means if it's from Episode II it will be Obi-Wan, Aayla Secura or Mace Windu. As Josh says, it wouldn't make sense to do Clones...
We shall see!
:rock!

Khev
05-02-2012, 07:08 AM
OK, in the interview HT already confirmed the rumor that they can only make figures Sideshow has already done, so that means if it's from Episode II it will be Obi-Wan, Aayla Secura or Mace Windu.

Interesting if that is indeed "official."

So HT is doing Luke, then possibly ROTS Anakin, Bespin Han, and Mace Windu. Wasn't that the initial order of Sideshow's first SW figures?

mfoga
05-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Jedi Luke, Rots Anakin, Kit, Bespin Han , Mace

Oops Obi was after Mace

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 07:29 AM
I wouldnt put my money on Padme, isnt HT only allowed to do characters SS has already done? And if SS hasnt done Padme, I dont see her being done by HT.

I would put my money on an Episode II Obi-Wan or Mace before Padme.

Although I dont really care about ANY of the Pre-quel figures so Ill be skipping them regardless.

Ill be getting Han for sure. Was hoping for a Princess Leia sooner. But I guess that will just have to wait. :lol

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 07:40 AM
I also like the idea of doing a DX Bespin Han which includes the Han in Carbonite.

Im one of the unlucky ones that missed out on the SS Environment so that would be a VERY WELCOME addition to my collection.

The more I think about it the more it seems a possibility! :pray: :pray: :pray:

JonEl
05-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I hope its not an ep2 Obi-wan, i want him from ep3, a Dooku from ep2 would be best, I don't really care for any jedi other than Anakin and Obi-wan(and I would prefer ep3 of both)...If not Dooku Arena Padme would be best...maybe a PT Yoda

JonEl
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I also like the idea of doing a DX Bespin Han which includes the Han in Carbonite.

Im one of the unlucky ones that missed out on the SS Environment so that would be a VERY WELCOME addition to my collection.

The more I think about it the more it seems a possibility! :pray: :pray: :pray:

yeah, I missed that too, a Carbonite Han would be great with the Bounty Hunters(Jabba is just too big for me)

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 07:46 AM
yeah, I missed that too, a Carbonite Han would be great with the Bounty Hunters(Jabba is just too big for me)

I have Jabba with Throne (he is big...) And Id love to have the Carbonite Han displayed with him and the SS Boba Fett once I get him. :impatient:

sithlord13
05-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I wouldnt put my money on Padme, isnt HT only allowed to do characters SS has already done? And if SS hasnt done Padme, I dont see her being done by HT.

I would put my money on an Episode II Obi-Wan or Mace before Padme.

Although I dont really care about ANY of the Pre-quel figures so Ill be skipping them regardless.

Ill be getting Han for sure. Was hoping for a Princess Leia sooner. But I guess that will just have to wait. :lol

ssc did do padme - admittedly snow bunny

Indiana Fett
05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm really liking this idea of Bespin Han DX with a Carbonite Han addition, bet HT could even add lights to it at 1/6 scale! :rock

Khev
05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Jedi Luke, Rots Anakin, Kit, Bespin Han , Mace

Interesting. HT is sticking pretty close to that then. I wonder if the Episode II DX will be Kit Fisto. :lol

Shropt
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM

Yeah, SSC screwed themselves big time on that one. LOL

hunnipot85
05-02-2012, 09:09 AM
If they do Mace I will be ticked. They have already given us two SLJ figures and Mace Windu was a pretty ____ty character tbh... :lol

FLOSI
05-02-2012, 09:15 AM
This BS about HT only doing figures that SS has already done is crap... So what about Leia? So HT can't touch anything Leia from ESB? What about Endor? Lame...

Johnny Utah
05-02-2012, 09:20 AM
A HT Obi-Wan...dude.

hunnipot85
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
This BS about HT only doing figures that SS has already done is crap... So what about Leia? So HT can't touch anything Leia from ESB? What about Endor? Lame...

Ugh if it's true we have to wait for SS to release a ____ty Hoth Leia and then a minimum of 2-3 years for HT to release a better one :(

gibby
05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
If Trev sculpted the ESB Leia for SSC, I'd take it.

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 09:31 AM

But not an Episode II version. :lecture

Khev
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Sideshow just needs to stick a Boushh head on Snowbunny Padme body and release it as "Hoth Leia" stat!!!! Who cares how crappy it is just so HT can immediately get to work on their version. :lol

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
This whole "HT cant make any characters that SS hasnt" is really disheartening for me because Id REALLY like to see HT do Chewie. And since SS probably will NEVER do Chewie....:(

Hopefully SS just grants HT permission to get him done right...

devilof76
05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
That's the kind of thing that makes it hard to believe. Either Sideshow would have to be convinced they could make a better Chewbacca than Hot Toys (or good enough that a HT version would be moot), or neither of them think they can do it at all and he's not even an issue.

Otherwise, Hot Toys will make Chewbacca.

angelo07stang
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Im hoping hot toys will do a millenium falcon could you imagine how cool that would be. A hot toys at at and snow speader would be **** too.

Wor-Gar
05-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Of the 'human' rehashes that HT is allowed to do from the license, I really only want a good Bespin Han. I think SS's old Ben is fine the way it is. I'd like a better Princess Leia but its not critical and I'm not sure I want one for $250. Same could be said for anyone else... Anakin, Mace, young Obi, Lando, more Lukes... not for $250+ a pop. Not even Dooku or Tarkin is worth that.

So this whole "HT got the license" is starting to sound like a raw deal.

I was kind of hoping they'd get to do the droids and Chewbacca and the "more complex" things that maybe SS wanted to steer away from while they repainted clones.

devilof76
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I'll take Han, Luke and Leia from the first two movies, and Luke from the third. Geonosis Padme and the prequel duels would be cool, but I'd be equally happy if Sideshow just made the figures that are left (TPM Obi-wan, AOTC Anakin, Padme, and Dooku). I expect a prequel Yoda from them. After that, I can think of nothing else I care about enough to pay those prices either.

However, if I had to bet money on it, I would say Hot Toys will make a Chewbacca, or die trying.

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Of the 'human' rehashes that HT is allowed to do from the license, I really only want a good Bespin Han. I think SS's old Ben is fine the way it is. I'd like a better Princess Leia but its not critical and I'm not sure I want one for $250. Same could be said for anyone else... Anakin, Mace, young Obi, Lando, more Lukes... not for $250+ a pop. Not even Dooku or Tarkin is worth that.

I was kind of hoping they'd get to do the droids and Chewbacca and the "more complex" things that maybe SS wanted to steer away from while they repainted clones.

I agree I really like the SS Old Ben, but we say this now until HT makes a new version and makes this SS version look like Barbies Grandpa. :lol

devilof76
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Old Ben and Lando are the reasons why I hate PERS so much. I see nothing about either of them that needs improvment, and they'll both stick out for lack of it.

They could be painted better, but what can't? They are close enough in quality to the Bespin Luke prototype for me.

The Josh
05-02-2012, 10:26 AM
OK, in the interview HT already confirmed the rumor that they can only make figures Sideshow has already done, so that means if it's from Episode II it will be Obi-Wan, Aayla Secura or Mace Windu. As Josh says, it wouldn't make sense to do Clones...
We shall see!
:rock!

Interesting they finally come out and say this.

Some of have been saying this was the case since Comic-Con last year. I'm just more suprised HT finally came out and said something.

Wor-Gar
05-02-2012, 10:30 AM
It's just the $250+ price tag for figures that I already have that's hard to swallow. Just to replace the key four from the OT is $1,000.

Star Wars is the one license where I am as excited by a key character as I am about some creature that spent two seconds in a walk-by. It's a great universe of 'things' and great fun to collect. I couldn't just get 3-4 human key figures and be done with my "classy" Star Wars display. It doesn't lend itself to simplicity the way Batman does. Star Wars needs lots of space and lots of characters to capture the charm of the "galaxy far, far away". I need Wookiees and droids and aliens and humans. Can I have just Luke and Old Ben...with no Han or Leia? No. You can't.

devilof76
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
But with Sideshow figures starting to average $150 an up, you can only get 5-7 for the price of 4 $250 Hot Toys. But the Hot Toys figures aren't $250 a piece anyway. Luke is $150 per figure.

Interesting they finally come out and say this.

I still have my fingers crossed for Chewie (and Hoth Leia) from Hot Toys, and not Sideshow. That would give us ANH Luke, ANH Han, ANH Leia, ESB Luke, ESB Han, ESB Leia, ROTJ Luke, and a deluxe wookiee. It makes a lot of sense and I'm not going to duck until the sky actually falls.

FLOSI
05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Ugh if it's true we have to wait for SS to release a ____ty Hoth Leia and then a minimum of 2-3 years for HT to release a better one :(

How awesome would Bespin Leia and Han be together too? :( Really, I'm all for HT taking care of all the Han, Luke and Leia stuff going forward because it sure doesn't seem like SS is.

The Josh
05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I understand. I just am a little surprised people are surprised as some of us have been saying this was our understanding of things a year ago. I'm with ya SW is hard to say no to much the same way LOTR is for me.

demorathis
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Wonder if they'd do Jango Fett...
not much mention of him from ep2

though I'd like a Count Dooku too

devilof76
05-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Aayla might be the II figure.

hunnipot85
05-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Aayla might be the II figure.

I would welcome her over Mace Windu and Ep 2 Obi Wan tbh... especially since SS's version was atrocious.

Khev
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Technically Mace is an Episode I character, he just carried over into Ep II with no changes to his look.

The only SSC figures that were actually introduced in AOTC are Kit Fisto, Mullet Obi-Wan, and Aayla Secura. What a random assortment of choices for HT's fourth SW DX. :cuckoo:

Rzeznikk
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Technically Mace is an Episode I character, he just carried over into Ep II with no changes to his look.

The only SSC figures that were actually introduced in AOTC are Kit Fisto, Mullet Obi-Wan, and Aayla Secura. What a random assortment of choices for HT's fourth SW DX. :cuckoo:

Id see it being Aayla before Padme.

And yes, a weird assortment.

The Josh
05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Dev - I would like to see ht take on cheque and how they might try and pull him off.

Khev
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Dev - I would like to see ht take on cheque and how they might try and pull him off.

Personally I have no desire to see HT require British statements of payment but hey to each their own. :monkey3

Wor-Gar
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
But with Sideshow figures starting to average $150 an up, you can only get 5-7 for the price of 4 $250 Hot Toys. But the Hot Toys figures aren't $250 a piece anyway. Luke is $150 per figure.

Nice thinking but I don't see HT backing down the price of a Bespin Han to $150. They'll figure out a way to make it tempting at $250-$300. Two outfits, requiring you to spend more money on an extra body, etc.

I agree that SS prices are essentially merging with HT's. But I'm talking about the price to 'replace' what I already have. Granted a much better version, but still... HT Han is gonna cost 5 times what SS Bespin Han cost at the time. It will be 12 times better so I guess that's something.

I just prefer new stuff I guess over replacing/upgrading what I have.

Smudger9
05-02-2012, 11:54 AM
So how many of these 3 figures will we see at SDCC? I'm hoping for Han AND Anakin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cap'n Cook
05-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Hope Han is at SDCC.

Khev
05-02-2012, 11:58 AM
So how many of these 3 figures will we see at SDCC? I'm hoping for Han AND Anakin.

Me too. At least knowing that HT has to follow SSC's releases pretty much guarantees that we'll see an awesome ROTS Anakin and not have a slot wasted on the whiny punk from AOTC.

Wor-Gar
05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
So the guessing game becomes less of WHO they're going to make, and more of WHEN are they going to make 'em.

With Luke and the announcement of Anakin, Han and AOTC human, that's half their SW repeat line-up already.

blue devils
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Nice thinking but I don't see HT backing down the price of a Bespin Han to $150. They'll figure out a way to make it tempting at $250-$300. Two outfits, requiring you to spend more money on an extra body, etc.

I agree that SS prices are essentially merging with HT's. But I'm talking about the price to 'replace' what I already have. Granted a much better version, but still... HT Han is gonna cost 5 times what SS Bespin Han cost at the time. It will be 12 times better so I guess that's something.

I just prefer new stuff I guess over replacing/upgrading what I have.

Unless they give us two han figures. One with Bespin jacket the other with his Hoth snow suit.

denger4000
05-02-2012, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=meanstreak;4412677]Nice to know Han will be out sooner than later.

Betting the Episode II character is Arena Padme. Hot Toys is only gonna do humans -- she's the missing link from Sideshow.[/QUOT

Was it said that hot toys is only going to do humans?

Shropt
05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Wouldn't an Episode 2 human that would be easy to make be Dooku?

Khev
05-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't an Episode 2 human that would be easy to make be Dooku?

Yes but since SSC hasn't made Dooku its currently off limits for HT based on their most recent interview.

pixletwin
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=meanstreak;4412677]Nice to know Han will be out sooner than later.

Betting the Episode II character is Arena Padme. Hot Toys is only gonna do humans -- she's the missing link from Sideshow.[/QUOT

Was it said that hot toys is only going to do humans?

It was said in an HT interview (link somewhere above :dunno) that they are only doing figures Sideshow has already released.

Sideshow has not released Arena Padme. This means HT won't release one either.

The Mike
05-02-2012, 12:50 PM
We actually don't know a whole lot. From what was reported by the folks who spoke with SSC last year the tidbits were that HT could only do humans, characters already done by Sideshow and would not compete with Sideshow directly.

Neither Sideshow or Hot Toys have confirmed anything really but if we go by that Dooku, Padme wouldn't fit.

meanstreak
05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I have a feeling some of the meaning could be lost in translation also.

If Sideshow has done a Padme or something before, Hot Toys might be able to do a different version one. Or if they have done a Leia, they might be able to do a different version and so on. At least I hope that's the case.

Invictus Sol
05-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Yeah, hoping that's the case, too. And it may well be that Sideshow doesn't really want to tackle certain characters and is OK with Hot Toys doing so for them, or working in conjunction with Hot Toys like they've done with the clones.

Khev
05-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah, maybe for Chewbacca SSC and HT can split the cost of development, HT then builds it from the ground up, SSC releases it and then splits the profits as well.

Wor-Gar
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Unless they give us two han figures. One with Bespin jacket the other with his Hoth snow suit.

That's my orignal theory to make Han a $300 figure, but someone said since Sideshow didn't make Hoth Han HT couldn't do it.

Who knows? We'll know better once Han is actually announced and we can see more direction of the line.

Khev
05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
It'd be interesting to know the exact details of that stipulation.

Technically Sideshow never made a "Battle Damaged Bespin Luke."

So maybe HT can make a Bespin Han with some snow boots and a parka as "extra" accessories. He actually first wore his "Bespin" attire on Hoth anyway.

hairlesswookiee
05-02-2012, 01:32 PM
As long as it isn't another Darth Maul I'm cool with it. I'd really like to see Hot Toys go further into the crazy alien Jedi characters, but that's just my rabid fascination to see if/how they pull them off.

wesker
05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Looking forward to Han and Anakin. :rock

Not so excited for the AOTC character though. If its Obi-Wan I'd prefer HT released the more iconic ROTS or Original Trilogy version. And since we're getting Luke and Han as the first two figures, no female character should come before Leia PERIOD! :lecture

sithlord13
05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Rots anakin would be cool. Despite the bashing I love the look of anakin in ep3 and hot toys could get the sculpt right as we hope they will with han although I would prefer anh version as I only want one han. Padme is another I only have one version of and whilst I like my custom I would like a great arena
Padme.

And a rotj like please.

meanstreak
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
And since we're getting Luke and Han as the first two figures, no female character should come before Leia PERIOD! :lecture

:goodpost: :hi5:

FLOSI
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Old Ben and Lando are the reasons why I hate PERS so much. I see nothing about either of them that needs improvment, and they'll both stick out for lack of it.

They could be painted better, but what can't? They are close enough in quality to the Bespin Luke prototype for me.

Those are two of my very favorite. Greedo and Hammerhead as well.

Wor-Gar
05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Anakin lends himself to the same two-figure pack idea: clean, good Ani and a BD Sith-eyed Anakin.

Han, well, Bespin and Hoth of course is what we all want, but if they have to stick to what's been done then maybe the guys who said ANH/ESB Han are on the money. But then why didn't we get a ANH/ESB Luke?

I don't think we can cross the streams like that.

The Josh
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Personally I have no desire to see HT require British statements of payment but hey to each their own. :monkey3

Damn iphone auto correct. :lol

mfoga
05-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Why would you let a company take money that you could be making. From a business stance it makes complete sense.

Invictus Sol
05-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Why would you let a company take money that you could be making. From a business stance it makes complete sense.

I think that depends. Honestly I'd be surprised if it's as cut-and-dry as HT under no circumstances being allowed to do a character unless it's from SSC's past and in need of an update (as someone mentioned, SSC has never done a battle-damaged Bespin Luke).

SSC has to know that if they, for example, prevent HT from making a Leia so that they can do their own, then that Leia is going to be compared to HT's best work and if it's lacking in any way, they're going to be trashed and the figure probably will tank.

Really it'd be smarter for SSC (since honestly I can't see them competing with HT on the paint apps) to either let HT do the release of the human characters and take a cut, or work on the figure in concert, letting HT do the headscult/paint or learning from HT's production methods so that they can produce something of the same quality.

Basically, hoarding characters can cut both ways. It's great for SSC if they're able to match HT's quality but not so much if collectors find the sculpt and paint apps lacking.

lerath666
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I think that depends. Honestly I'd be surprised if it's as cut-and-dry as HT under no circumstances being allowed to do a character unless it's from SSC's past and in need of an update (as someone mentioned, SSC has never done a battle-damaged Bespin Luke).

SSC has to know that if they, for example, prevent HT from making a Leia so that they can do their own, then that Leia is going to be compared to HT's best work and if it's lacking in any way, they're going to be trashed and the figure probably will tank.

Really it'd be smarter for SSC (since honestly I can't see them competing with HT on the paint apps) to either let HT do the release of the human characters and take a cut, or work on the figure in concert, letting HT do the headscult/paint or learning from HT's production methods so that they can produce something of the same quality.

Basically, hoarding characters can cut both ways. It's great for SSC if they're able to match HT's quality but not so much if collectors find the sculpt and paint apps lacking.

First, LOL at the idea of Any Ot figures of the main cast Tanking.
SW has too many fans that will eat up complete crap with a spoon, just because it is OT SW, and then ask for seconds.

secondly, Have you seen the recent quality of 1/6th figures coming out of sideshow recently?

thirdly; HAVE YOU SEEN THE QUALITY OF 1/6TH FIGURES COMING OUT OF SIDESHOW LATELY?!

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/sideshowpics_album/duke13.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/srobis2/postings/DSC_0342.jpg
fourthly, Hot toys has said they will be doing a MAXIMUM of 1-2 figures a year, and have just hinted at the next three. Sideshow has PLENTY of time to release whatever they like, and get it out on the market. once sideshow sells a figure, if a better product comes along later on and destroys the aftermarket value, they don't care. If you think otherwise, you're fooling yourself.

Fithly, Hot toys is NOT Infallible. Have you seen their Flop of an indy?
Good figure or not, it's a flop As Indy, especially for it's price.
Also, hearkening back to my first point, people still bought it up, regardless of it being a flop. why? Harrison ford. Or his stunt double anyways.

Lastly, saying sideshow has never done a "battle damaged Bespin luke" is splitting hairs. They've done a Bespin luke. The EX version came with a hand stump, and his bacta turniquette. So if you REALLY wanna go that route, sideshow DID do a battle damaged Like.

It's worth mentioning that Hot toys is not doing a "battle damaged Luke" figure either. They're doing a Luke skywalker DX figure.

OSCORP
05-02-2012, 07:05 PM
The Joes look cartoonish/stylized to me rather than realistic. Is this on purpose?

The Josh
05-02-2012, 07:16 PM
The Joe figures really go to show just how much SS has gotten better in a hurry. They are equally as good as what HT is doing IMO comparing what I have from both companies.

Invictus Sol
05-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I definitely get your points, Lerath666, and I never said HT was infallible and I guess should've proactively put in a disclaimer on their Indy since I knew it would come up. I'm just trying to make some general points but you have be like a ____ing lawyer on these boards sometimes.

The sculpts above are not bad, but like OSCORP says, a bit action figure-y. You wouldn't seriously compare them to say Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson Joker, would you? Tobey McGuire Spider-Man or RDJ Iron Man? Their Hamill Luke may be a bit idealized, but certainly looks more realistic and convincing than either of those.

Yes, while there are plenty of completists that will buy anything, I think there are more collectors now that will say no to say a shoddy Leia likeness if the figure is $175.00 - $200.00. If Sideshow steps up their game and releases true likenesses with great paint apps and costumes, they have nothing to worry about. But who says they want to? For all we know, they're fine with letting Hot Toys put in the money for development and release and just take a cut for themselves with no risk.

As for the one or two figures a year, not sure why everyone brings that up. Sideshow's had the licence for what, six or seven years now? Do the collectors following them from the very beginning have a Chewie yet? C-3PO? R2? Seems to me releases in this line are on a really long release schedule as it is. Is it really that unimaginable that if SSC is leaving Leia to HT that they don't care that she won't be released until say 2014?

The Joe figures really go to show just how much SS has gotten better in a hurry. They are equally as good as what HT is doing IMO comparing what I have from both companies.

I like SSC a lot and they're getting a fair bit of my disposible cash but I don't buy that for a sec. They haven't done anything that is on par with the examples above in 1:6 scale for a human character. They're getting a lot better for sure, and stuff like Boba Fett and IG-88 are pretty outstanding (though I still wouldn't say for the price that say IG-88 compares that favourably with what HT is doing with Iron Man) but I'm very skeptical of them releasing a dead ringer Leia or any other human character.

The Josh
05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I like SSC a lot and they're getting a fair bit of my disposible cash but I don't buy that for a sec. They haven't done anything that is on par with the examples above in 1:6 scale for a human character. They're getting a lot better for sure, and stuff like Boba Fett and IG-88 are pretty outstanding (though I still wouldn't say for the price that say IG-88 compares that favourably with what HT is doing with Iron Man) but I'm very skeptical of them releasing a dead ringer Leia or any other human character.

That's your right to feel that way. I'm just saying what I think based on what I own and can compare right in front of me.

Khev
05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Lastly, saying sideshow has never done a "battle damaged Bespin luke" is splitting hairs. They've done a Bespin luke. The EX version came with a hand stump, and his bacta turniquette. So if you REALLY wanna go that route, sideshow DID do a battle damaged Like.

Nah, they did a clean Luke with a hand stump accessory. We're wondering if HT can do a "clean" Bespin Han with parka and boots as accessories. Remember "Bespin" Han's outfit technically debuted on Hoth.

It's worth mentioning that Hot toys is not doing a "battle damaged Luke" figure either. They're doing a Luke skywalker DX figure.

Yes, including both a clean and a unique-to-Hot-Toys battle damaged variety.

mfoga
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Sure it's not cut and dry , but HT still has to get SS permission first then still get LFL permission. So yeah SS has 100% control of what HT does. With the limited number of figures per year there are plenty of figures SS has made years ago that could be done again before they ever need to start doing figures that haven't been done.

Wait someone with prosthetics and lots of makeup is realistic? The joes look like action figures because they are action figures.

As for the release schedule the line would die if they put all the big hitters out in a row. Why everyone bring up chewy is funny, it not they don't want to do it , but they know there are many issues with doing it a full production run. They could have done a half assed one sold 1000s and been ok with that , but they didn't.

Invictus Sol
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
That's your right to feel that way. I'm just saying what I think based on what I own and can compare right in front of me.

Yeah, sorry if that came off the wrong way. Reads crankier than I intended. I just haven't seen any human sculpts from SSC that I would compare to HT's stuff, notwithstanding Indy.

Sure it's not cut and dry, but HT still has to get SS permission first then still get LFL permission. So yeah SS has 100% control of what HT does. With the limited number of figures per year there are plenty of figures SS has made years ago that could be done again before they ever need to start doing figures that haven't been done.

No argument there. My only point is SSC might be totally fine with letting HT take certain characters. There might lots of reasons that it makes sense for them to do so that we're not privy to.

Wait someone with prosthetics and lots of makeup is realistic? The joes look like action figures because they are action figures.

I guess you're referring to HT's Jokers but in neither case is that a serious argument. Take a look at the likenesses to the actors and the make-up used in the movies and compare it to what HT was able to replicate in 1:6 form. It's actually pretty amazing work (if you want to make that a sticking point, then compare SSC's stuff to Christopher Reeve Superman, RDJ Iron Man, Tobey McGuire Spider-Man, etc.). In regards to the Joes, lerath666 brought them up as examples of work he felt compared favourably to HT's stuff, right? So that means I then have the right to compare the work?

As for the release schedule the line would die if they put all the big hitters out in a row. Why everyone bring up chewy is funny, it not they don't want to do it , but they know there are many issues with doing it a full production run. They could have done a half assed one sold 1000s and been ok with that, but they didn't.

I brought up Chewie, R2 and 3PO because they're examples of figures we all can agree everyone wants but are not being rushed out. That was to bolster my point that *if* SSC has a hypothetical agreement with HT to let them release their human characters, they're not going to be concerned if HT is only releasing one or two SW characters per year (as argued by lerath666). Anyway, it's all good. Pretty sure as time goes on we'll all be proven wrong on one point or another in regards to SSC's relationship with HT.

The Josh
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, sorry if that came off the wrong way. Reads crankier than I intended. I just haven't seen any human sculpts from SSC that I would compare to HT's stuff, notwithstanding Indy.

Nah, its all good. I can understand how people feel differently but looking at my joe shelf and the sculpt/paint apps on the Jango clone heads things are fairly level.

lerath666
05-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I definitely get your points, Lerath666, and I never said HT was infallible and I guess should've proactively put in a disclaimer on their Indy since I knew it would come up. I'm just trying to make some general points but you have be like a ____ing lawyer on these boards sometimes.

The sculpts above are not bad, but like OSCORP says, a bit action figure-y. You wouldn't seriously compare them to say Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson Joker, would you? Tobey McGuire Spider-Man or RDJ Iron Man? Their Hamill Luke may be a bit idealized, but certainly looks more realistic and convincing than either of those.

Yes, while there are plenty of completists that will buy anything, I think there are more collectors now that will say no to say a shoddy Leia likeness if the figure is $175.00 - $200.00. If Sideshow steps up their game and releases true likenesses with great paint apps and costumes, they have nothing to worry about. But who says they want to? For all we know, they're fine with letting Hot Toys put in the money for development and release and just take a cut for themselves with no risk.

As for the one or two figures a year, not sure why everyone brings that up. Sideshow's had the licence for what, six or seven years now? Do the collectors following them from the very beginning have a Chewie yet? C-3PO? R2? Seems to me releases in this line are on a really long release schedule as it is. Is it really that unimaginable that if SSC is leaving Leia to HT that they don't care that she won't be released until say 2014?

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/266/b/6/you__ve_been_lawyered_by_i_believe_in_matrix-d2zbky0.jpg

No argument there. My only point is SSC might be totally fine with letting HT take certain characters. There might lots of reasons that it makes sense for them to do so that we're not privy to.

I guess you're referring to HT's Jokers but in neither case is that a serious argument. Take a look at the likenesses to the actors and the make-up used in the movies and compare it to what HT was able to replicate in 1:6 form. It's actually pretty amazing work (if you want to make that a sticking point, then compare SSC's stuff to Christopher Reeve Superman, RDJ Iron Man, Tobey McGuire Spider-Man, etc.). In regards to the Joes, lerath666 brought them up as examples of work he felt compared favourably to HT's stuff, right? So that means I then have the right to compare the work?

I brought up Chewie, R2 and 3PO because they're examples of figures we all can agree everyone wants but are not being rushed out. That was to bolster my point that *if* SSC has a hypothetical agreement with HT to let them release their human characters, they're not going to be concerned if HT is only releasing one or two SW characters per year (as argued by lerath666). Anyway, it's all good. Pretty sure as time goes on we'll all be proven wrong on one point or another in regards to SSC's relationship with HT.

you make a pretty good point about the jes looking a little cartoony... but they look REALLY good as "real life" translations of cartoon and comic book characters. and in had, they most definitely are (in my opinion) comparable to Hot toys work.

kl241
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
The Joes look cartoonish/stylized to me rather than realistic. Is this on purpose?

:goodpost::exactly: Sideshow is not even in the same league as Hot Toys.

medicomsucks
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Just wanted to point out that a couple of years ago, Chen said they were making a Commissioner Gordon figure too. So take this with a grain of salt.

I'm not very psyched about an Anakin figure. And as far as a character from Episode II? I'm guessing it's Mace Windu or Count Dooku. I'm really hoping they shoot for the ......less than wholesome Padme or whatever that outfit was called.

The Sideshow Windu is passable, and to be frank, the Hasbro version of Dooku, though a rubber head, that's hard to top. They scanned in Lee's face to make that happen. All you need to do is put the head on another body. Maybe you can touch up the paint but really there isn't a lot to do to make an acceptable 1/6 Dooku already.

Rzeznikk
05-03-2012, 12:09 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562941_10150806526194663_748989662_9254615_1171868 072_n.jpg

For fun. :D

Wor-Gar
05-03-2012, 12:19 PM
That's gonna be all over the internet by day's end. :lol

Johnny Utah
05-03-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure this will be what the Solo figure will be, since SS are making a carbon freeze environment.

Wor-Gar
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
If so, at least the HT carbonite will light up.

RIDDICK
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/562941_10150806526194663_748989662_9254615_1171868 072_n.jpg

For fun mah ass! This is pure cruelty :dunno

Invictus Sol
05-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Great pic! For just a nano-second when I saw it I was :yess:! But then realized it couldn't be true. :(

I'm pretty sure this will be what the Solo figure will be, since SS are making a carbon freeze environment.

Hadn't put those two facts together, but that makes a lot of sense. Hope that's what they end-up announcing.

Rzeznikk
05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
That's gonna be all over the internet by day's end. :lol

Fine by me. Get HT to see it! Recognize!

Rzeznikk
05-03-2012, 12:46 PM

Good call. :hi5:

Johnny Utah
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
It makes sense, seeing as HT's Indy was promoted with SS's Map Room. I just want it to be a complete Bespin release, with the blue jacket, holster and blaster.

Platty
05-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm chuffed by this news. They couldn't have announced better figures for me personally. Well they could have announced an Episode 1 Obi but we all know SS is making him.

Han is 100% needed to go with their Luke (Hope Han is Bespin, btw), the Anakin will no doubt be the Episode 3 version and the episode 2 version is more than likely going to be Obi.

SW is sorely lacking in my colletion, not anymore!

Perfect!

Rzeznikk
05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
It makes sense, seeing as HT's Indy was promoted with SS's Map Room. I just want it to be a complete Bespin release, with the blue jacket, holster and blaster.

Very true. I figured the Bespin Luke was the companion piece to go with SS chamber environment, but this makes more sense. I hope it is so!

:panic: :pray: :panic: :pray:

Wor-Gar
05-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Confirmed by HT:

"This piratey Han Solo must steer ship good, Millennium Falcon."

HT Han Solo comes with 1/6th scale Falcon!!!! :thud:

Rzeznikk
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Confirmed by HT:

"This piratey Han Solo must steer ship good, Millennium Falcon."

HT Han Solo comes with 1/6th scale Falcon!!!! :thud:

:thud:

:lol

hunnipot85
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I really hope they don't release Episode 2 Obi Wan. The only way I would consider buying a prequel Obi Wan figure was if he was from Ep III and was displayed with evil Anakin. Episode II Obi Wan look was quite boring/plain. If HT is limited to a re-release of a Sideshow Ep II figure than I am honestly rooting for Aayla Secura. :lol

fantasymaker
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Han Solo Hoth is the one .

Johnny Utah
05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I love Obi-Wan in Episode 2. His cool detective story as he ventures to Kamino and gets into a scrap with Jango...that fight in the rain is all kinds of awesome. I would prefer a ROTS version as it's my favourite look but it's the possibility of a TPM and AOTC Kenobi topped by that wicked Mythos statue that gets me hyped.

Khev
05-03-2012, 06:46 PM
You know what I'd really like? For Hot Toys to tackle possibly Sideshow's worst 12 inch SW figure: Yavin Luke.

Then ANH Han, and then when SSC makes their cartoon Fett variant we can all have a delightfully absurd and awesomely high end Holiday Special 1/6 scale line-up. :rock

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eGoDaVccolI/Tuus4WBXN4I/AAAAAAAABNs/p2avmEf09xU/s1600/Star-Wars-Holiday-Special6.jpg

bmarz1000
05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
:monkey1
Han Solo Hoth is the one .

How would they handle Hoth Luke then? Odds are they wouldn't make a second ESB Luke (Hoth or X-Wing). If (and when) SS makes a Tauntaun, Hoth Han will look mighty fine on his mount. Maybe HT will take the HULK body, cover it in white fur and give us a Wampa? ;)

Rzeznikk
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I dont see it being Hoth Han at all really...

Prime Clone
05-06-2012, 02:56 AM
You know what I'd really like? For Hot Toys to tackle possibly Sideshow's worst 12 inch SW figure: Yavin Luke.

Agreed. The sculpt actually looked nice in the prototype - shame about the final paint job.

As I said earlier I'd love a DX Luke with farmboy/X-wing/Rebel (Yavin) gear.

devilof76
05-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I dont see it being Hoth Han at all really...

I don't either. I don't think Sideshow would pass that up, and I don't really want one without a matching Hoth Luke.

Bespin Han with a good, plastic Han in carbonite is a lot more likely.

I wonder if they won't eventually start offering single figures. I can't think of how a second ANH Han, a second ANH Leia, or a second Jedi Luke would be worth the trouble. (Tatooine Luke would be great with an X-Wing Luke. Hoth Leia would be great if she came with a Bespin gown and portrait)

arnax161
05-06-2012, 08:46 AM
We need SNOWTROOPERS.

JonEl
05-06-2012, 10:38 AM
We need SNOWTROOPERS.

Agreed, but from Sideshow not Hot Toys.

HeadlessGree
05-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Please let the Episode 2 be Padme. I think HT could do a better likeness than the Ilum Padme. I will settle for white outfit, blue Tatooine outfit, or secret ceremony outfit.

VintijDroidGutzz
05-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Power to ya, but I seriously doubt HT will do any 'Padme in a dress' variations.

I'm betting action oriented Padmes or.. nothing.

HeadlessGree
05-08-2012, 08:05 AM
yeah I know..I can dream though

Craig77
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
:monkey1

How would they handle Hoth Luke then? Odds are they wouldn't make a second ESB Luke (Hoth or X-Wing). If (and when) SS makes a Tauntaun, Hoth Han will look mighty fine on his mount. Maybe HT will take the HULK body, cover it in white fur and give us a Wampa? ;)

I think an SSC hoth luke and x-wing pilot are in the works...I remember a year or two back they offer a glimpse in a production blog about the outfits...no figures though. Anyone else remember this?

OSCORP
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I do!!! But in the works means........................

Darkseed
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I recall a taun taun. They actually showed concept art / something of them in gear? Cool..............Hoth is by far my favorite piece of the SW films.

hunnipot85
05-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Do you guys think we will hear anything before Comic Con or get the debut of the next figure there?

Wor-Gar
05-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Not sure, but tell Miranda hi for me... she keeps blowing kisses to me and it makes me feel selfconscious.

Lee in MI
05-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Maybe one reveal before SDCC. Hell, there's still half the stuff shown at last years con still isn't out yet. I wonder how Grevious is coming along. That's gotta be an engineering nightmare. I mean Hasbro could barely keep the 3 3/4" ones standing. I imagine this will be really hard to do. One loose joint and it'll never stand without a serious stand.

Invictus Sol
05-24-2012, 11:42 PM
...I wonder how Grevious is coming along. That's gotta be an engineering nightmare...

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing for a while, too. And then you've got the four arms each holding a lightsaber (I'm assuming sculpted to the hand) as a necessary option, too. Can't imagine some of the frustrations they must be going through trying to make a stable figure that they won't have to worry about getting returned all the time due to breakage.

Science Friction
06-07-2012, 03:58 PM
So, does anyone have a guess for when we'll see Anakin?

Walker
06-07-2012, 04:38 PM
So, does anyone have a guess for when we'll see Anakin?

Hopefully they'll show a new Star Wars figure at SDCC. It'll probably be Han Solo or Anakin,

Science Friction
06-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Hopefully they'll show a new Star Wars figure at SDCC. It'll probably be Han Solo or Anakin,

I hope so. Either one would be fine, but I'm dying to see Anakin. The PT was "my Star Wars" (I'm only 23), so I have a connection to those incarnations of the characters over most OT characters. Still, Han isn't too far behind, I'm just a little worried like everyone else that Hot Toys will sculpt an off likeness again. So I almost want to delay seeing him longer because it's a bit tense, lol.