Interest?Hot Toys DX 08 Custom Hat thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is an interest thread, but before anything, we need to get a general idea of how this will work. What tailors are you guys interested in? What price Point are you guys interested in?Etc. Post here, and we can pool all of them together later on.

Kato or Skiman for the tailoring. I haven't asked Dave for his permission to even post his name, as he mentions that he is not taking commissions at this time, nevertheless, he is VERY relaible and his work is great. Just a thought.

I wouldn't want to pay more than $30 or $40 for a new hat. Also, this might be a silly question, but do Kato and Skiman even make hats?

But his hat wasn't felt. That brings up another question: what material would you guys want to see?

You know I'm in for a new hat. I've been _____ing about it since first pics at SDCC. Please not Kato though. He does stunning work but I don't want to pay $150 for a freakin hat. Like S.Griffin said $30-$40 sounds right. Even cheaper if possible.:lol

But his hat wasn't felt. That brings up another question: what material would you guys want to see?

Good question. Felt would be good wouldn't it? I need to see it to decide. I got it in my head what felt look and feels like but I may be wrong. Doesn't felt fray though? I dunno..I know I don't want it to be what HT used.

Last edited:
I started this thread because the topic seemed to be popping up a lot and, to be perfectly frank, someone had to.
First things first:

-we need more exposure and more people to get interested

Following that:

-We need to agree on a price
-We need to agree on a tailor
-and we need some references so that we can get an idea of what to expect, what material to be used, etc.

Then, we'll start getting this thing moving.

Here's a good pic for shape and scale to the body

JACK_NICHOLSON_JOKER.jpg

I'll try looking for a close up.

No Kato... he does amazing tailoring but i don't want to pay the same price i would for an Adventurebilt full size. :p

Personally, i wish Hot Toys would have taken some more time looking at the source material and i posted this on their facebook page daily:

BetterBeSure.jpg

I also wish they would have just made a textured sculpted hat instead of material... oh well, bring on the custom!

M.

Last edited:
Felt hats by Steve Corn (StevoToys). I know someone said he isn't taking any more work right now. But just showing what a felt hat looks like.
HHHHTS%20WYATT.jpg

Plainsman.jpg

MMMMMman%20with%20no%20name1.jpg

WWWWildBillCORRECT.jpg

PREACHER%20HAT.jpg

BIG%20JAKE%20HAT.jpg

I'm still looking for one a close up for the one used in the film but here is a replica made by some company that makes such things.

jokerhat.jpg

That almost looks like a Halloween budget hat... the one you see stacks and stacks of for like 5-10 bucks.

Still looks like the hat is a darker shade of purple than the rest of the suit... and that pic makes it look like it's a match.

M.

Well, I just contacted Kato, purely to see how much it could cost, but he doesn't make hats, so that's one tailor down.

Felt hats by Steve Corn (StevoToys). I know someone said he isn't taking any more work right now. But just showing what a felt hat looks like.
HHHHTS%20WYATT.jpg

Plainsman.jpg

MMMMMman%20with%20no%20name1.jpg

WWWWildBillCORRECT.jpg

PREACHER%20HAT.jpg

BIG%20JAKE%20HAT.jpg

While those really do look like very well made little hats, the texture of the felt seems much too course in scale...especially for Joker's hat. It might get kind of expensive, although I'll admit that I have no idea how much a yard or whatever costs, but what about satin?

While those really do look like very well made little hats, the texture of the felt seems much too course in scale...especially for Joker's hat. It might get kind of expensive, although I'll admit that I have no idea how much a yard or whatever costs, but what about satin?

Steve has made quite of few special order hats for me. And now carries them on his site. Just charged me what any other hat would cost, $15.- $18.00. And those photos are blown up. In scale they don't look as course. He made these two for me.
Picture002-11-1.jpg

Back